Newbie 1087: Welcome To The Jungle (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #358 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:38 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Hello all (and RayFrost). I'll start reading the thread in a few hours. If anyone has anything they think I should be focusing on, they should say so before I start reading.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #359 (isolation #1) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:33 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

So apparently "3 hour lab" actually meant "We only need you here for 10 minutes and then you can go." Which I'm perfectly fine with. So I'm catching up on the game now!

From the first couple of pages, first thing that stands out is jindori throwing his vote around like crazy. He votes RayFrost (for a seemingly serious reason) here, makes a worthless statement about it here, votes toxictaipan here for...I don't really get what reason (but this also looks like a serious vote), followed by a random vote. Going from two different serious votes to an announced random vote is practically saying "I don't really believe what I'm saying." On top of that, his next post says he'll stick with his random vote until he finds someone better....but wasn't he already voting 2 different players for serious reasons?
FoS jindori

Also from the first few pages, TS, you know I love you, but I think I can already see how you ended up getting lynched. >_> (Edit: well, you started looking townish around pages 4 and 5...)
The Mod wrote:Hairy ball theorem: You can't comb a (very) hairy ball flat without creating a cowlick.
Silly 3-dimensional beings. I am perfectly capable of combing the hair on my 4-dimensional hypersphere head flat...and not a single cowlick!

This is DX's second post (His first was here.) Both of his posts thus far have expressed a desire to cast a vote without actually doing so. Scummy for reason of not wanting to commit.
FoS David Xanatos

Mod, are you in an algebraic topology course or something? :P First the hairy ball theorem and now Borsuk-Ulam! Good stuff.

David Xanatos's post here is...odd. I can't tell at this point if he's genuinely concerned about quickhammers or if he just doesn't want to put down a vote because he's lolscum.

jindori lining up lynches is awful (check his next post if you don't understand what he's saying in this one). It's especially interesting to note that he suggests lynching himself if Twistedspoon flips scum. With TS having already flipped town, this looks a lot like a meaningless gesture to try to gain some town points, without ever having to face that threat of lynch since TS was town.
Dekes wrote:- Voidedmafia is happily joining every setup discussion but has done zero scumhunting so far.
This is a good point (and something I was starting to notice too at the time). It's easier and more natural for scum to discuss theory than it is for them to discuss who's town and who's scum. Scum don't have to lie about theory, whereas they have to make up their reads. Keeping a bit of a closer eye on VM.

When Voidedmafia does eventually get around to discussing his reads (this post), he votes Twistedspoon "for hypocrisy and further actions that add on to [him] being scummy," but parts of the post concerning Twisted are really underdeveloped (one or two comments about Twisted + a final note that basically says "and everything Ray said!")

Still really confused about DX. He continues to do nothing and says he's lurking while he gets a feel of people, yet has fairly certain reads when questioned about them. :?

Pages 8 and 9 from VM are feeling more townish.

It's already been pointed out, but this is waaaaayyyy scummy. Scum quickhammer, anyone?

I'm currently through page 11. Kind of started losing focus around page 9 due to being tired. I'll probably finish up reading tonight (tomorrow if not) and give some finalized reads and throw a vote down. If my reads seem a bit of a non-sequitur from what I've posted so far (which is not unlikely), it's because I'm normally more of a gut read-type player, but I'll try to give a decent explanation if that ends up happening.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #360 (isolation #2) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:00 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Also, should probably just clarify, I'm now the IC in this game. If you have any questions about theory or mechanics or anything like that, feel free to ask and I will answer truthfully regardless of my alignment etc etc
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #390 (isolation #3) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:31 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Sorry for the delay. Catch-up post, part 2 on the way:

A lot of early day 2 (most of page 12, at the very least) seemed to be focused around tightening up the loose ends of day 1 and there's not much to comment on from it.

On page 13, I don't like how DX got prodded and posted this one-liner that really said nothing. This seems town though. It's the kind of thing I wouldn't expect from newbie-scum, since they wouldn't really have a good way of knowing we wouldn't follow his advice. Scum points to jindori for blatantly following DX though.

Umm...cheap shot?

@ajolin
Why did you start trying to pick out scum teams?

Hey, looks like I'm up to the point where I replaced in. Neat-o

Ehhh, not a huge amount has happened after that.

My predecessor had a vote on DX it seems, but I would prefer not to, in part based on his "lynch me, then Ray" post. My main suspicion right now is jindori. I've pointed out a lot of individual posts from him, but what really seals it for me is his posts taken as a whole. It seems like he was just throwing his vote around and hoping it would stick early, followed by parking his vote on easy suspects later while hiding behind others' suspicions.

Unvote: David Xanatos

Given what happened day 1, I'm hesitant to put jindori at L-1, but if I were voting, my vote would be on him.

I'll try to give a full set of reads later today. I have a few pretty solid reads and a few players that are just a mess of null.

Pre-Post Edit: I just realized that VM unvoted jindori, so he's not at L-2 anymore.

Vote: jindori
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #393 (isolation #4) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:10 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

My vote for you has nothing to do with your English (your posts are perfectly readable). It has to do with your play this game.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #396 (isolation #5) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:24 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

@jindori

I linked to VM's post, not yours. Specifically the following:
VM wrote:Which, of course, means you can't learn English any more, right? Right?
which is attacking you for your English.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #423 (isolation #6) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:29 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Okay, I was hesitant to post reads because I'm having trouble getting reads on certain players, but I'm just gonna throw these out there:

Scum

jindori
ajolin

leaning scum

VM

null

leaning town

DX
RayFrost

town

toxictaipan

I could potentially move VM up to null, but I'm going back and forth on him a bit too much and I'm hesitant to do so. I'm not really sure what to say about toxic besides "I haven't found him scummy this game," but if anyone wants a better explanation, I could try to explain that better. ajolin's had a few seemingly out-of-nowhere votes and I guess the rest is gut.

Something interesting I just noticed now though (now = since I've started writing this post) is this post from jindori. It was the whole "If TS is scum, lynch these people" post. Notice the two people he mentions to consider if Twisted is scum:
jindori wrote:Because the most likely to be scum from a town point of view would be ajolin or I, if twisted is scum.
It would make perfect sense for him to say this if I'm right about him and ajolin being scum, since he would know TS would flip town.

One thing I want to ask though:
@ajolin
What did you think would happen when you self-voted? Did you think you would instantly die? (and if so, why did you do it?)
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #424 (isolation #7) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:32 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Also, if it's ajolin+jindori, ajolin's most recent vote could easily be a chainsaw of jindori. (A chainsaw defense is defending a player by attacking that player's attacker. In this case, I could see ajolin's vote as potentially trying to save jindori by attacking the player that just put him at L-1.)
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #426 (isolation #8) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:54 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Who was that addressed to?
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #431 (isolation #9) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:12 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

You want to wait to lynch? Why did you not want to wait to lynch day 1 then? Aren't you the player that hammered Twistedspoon without a claim?

It's still a chainsaw by the way. You thought you were voting jindori, which implies you thought he was scummiest. Then suddenly you decided to vote Voided when he voted jindori. /chainsaw
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #434 (isolation #10) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:41 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

ajolin wrote:I didn't suddenly decide. My vote was already on him.
You
thought
your vote was on jindori, so I think it's reasonable to assume you thought your vote was best placed there. What changed your mind?
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #441 (isolation #11) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:02 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

@DX
Who are your top 2 suspects right now?

@ajolin
You're just not listening to me because I'm a girl :(

Pre-Post Edit: What
exactly
did you think it would do? Did you think you would instantly die? Did you think you would end up with a vote on yourself? Did you expect nothing to happen? etc
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #446 (isolation #12) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:56 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

jindori wrote:Yes the thrill of being L1 this is what i wanted. This is me interested, this is me in the game. Well Their is huge flaw in me and ajolin are scum buddies. It's the fact i voted him the most here and suspected him before anyone actually put pressure on him. I was the actual first person to ever vote ajolin. It doesn't sound reasonable. You also have to look into the reason why ajolin would defend me. If i was his scum buddy he would be more likely lynching me to throw off suspicion. I mean a quick hammer on scum would clear him then he be known for quick hammers meaning he would get more leeway for it.
You voted him when he was in no danger of being lynched, so that really doesn't mean anything. Basically, your paragraph here is a huge mess of WIFOM. Not all scum bus and not all scum defend each other.
jindori wrote:I have three scum suspects void,kitty and DX Notice how kitty and DX have been avoiding each other but Dx still ends up on the town list. I wasn't really suspicious of dx before but i was always suspicious of kitty. Kitty made me change my mind on her. Also kitty is the name of of my ex gf who was cheating on me with three men at the same time, so anyone who has that name has to be scum.
This is going directly against what you said in your first paragraph. You said you couldn't be scum with ajolin because you were voting him, yet my predecessor was voting DX and you think I'm scum with him? Mind explaining that one to me?

You should also explain what you mean by "avoiding." I haven't been in this game very long in case you haven't noticed. There are definitely players I've said less about in this game than DX (RayFrost comes to mind), yet you don't think anything of that.
jindori wrote:Also hopefully scum rushed onto my wagon like i planned.
Do you really expect me to believe you've been trying to get wagoned? Your behavior hasn't changed at all since the start of the game as far as I can tell. Unless this was your plan from the start and you've been trying to execute it for a game day and a half (and there is no way you'll get me to believe that), this is just bs.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #447 (isolation #13) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:00 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

jindori wrote:i was always suspicious of kitty.
This is also interesting. You've barely mentioned my player slot except when you random voted my predecessor. If you've always been suspicious of me, why hasn't that gotten any sort of mention until now?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”