Newbie 1112 ÔÇô Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
theperson
theperson
Goon
theperson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:29 am

Post by theperson »

Hey all!

I'm theperson, and an SE in this game. I have 4 games on this site.

VOTE: BS2000 for being the first on the list in alphabetical order, and posting before me.
theperson
theperson
Goon
theperson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:17 am

Post by theperson »

Sorry for the inactivity! I was a bit busy, I am a bit busy now, but I should be able to pick up the activity.

Spadille wrote:1.) What's your timezone?
2.) You are scum, explain how will you play the day off.
3.) You are town, how will you find scum in RVS?
4.) Have you played games before?
5.) You are given a power to have a day kill, when will you use it and how will you use it?

1.) Eastern
2.) WIFOM...but it really depends on how the game goes. Generally try not to stand out too much but appear to be making scumhunting efforts.
3.) Not much besides hope someone messes up, because it's usually hard to find scum during RVS.
4.) Yes. This is my 5th on mafiascum.
5.) I would be very conservative with it, although I don't really know the strategies behind day kills. I would probably wait until we are fairly sure someone is scum.

chkflip wrote:1] Why did you decide to give mafiascum a try?
2] How do you react to people attacking you?
3] What will you be known for in this game?

1] I found out about mafia on another site and wanted to try it, but there are few games there and I would have had to wait a month or two.
2] I try to stay calm and post a response, while still scumhunting. It's important to not only defend yourself, but attack others when you're being attacked, because simply preserving yourself doesn't help town.
3] I really don't know. I've played a much different role in every game. I don't really know what to expect because I also took a decent sized break from mafia.

The main notable part of this game is Spadille vs. camn, but they're still going back and forth so I don't want to interrupt them in hopes that there will be a slip-up. I will however ask Spadille about this, which I was wondering through re-reading:

Spadille wrote:
chkflip wrote:Why did you ask 2 & 3? Very WIFOM of you, sir.

Because newbie games are different and I want people to know what they are looking for and how will they act. And also for future references.

This is WIFOM, which chkflip pointed out, but you still want to use it for future references. WIFOM arguments do not help town so why would you use this later on?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”