Newbie 1122 (Game Over|Scum Win)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Newbie 1122 (Game Over|Scum Win)

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:47 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

WELCOME TO NEWBIE 1122!!!

Hmmm...

Yesssss...

They will make fine specimens.

Journal Entry #1:

Today is our first day at the Lab, Doctor RoboCopter87 says that we are here for a completely safe medical experiment.

He says that test focuses on our reaction to certain situations. And how humans deal with certain struggles.

He assured us that no matter what happened, we would all be safe and nobody would be harmed. He is so reassuring, so nice and humble. An excellent Doctor and man who is nice but understands and is very wise. It is hard not to trust such a good man.

He led us into a room. Quite boring in fact, just a table with 9 chairs, a light above, and a rope in the center of the table.

Suddenly we heard Robo's voice.

"Ladies and Gentleman, I am terribly sorry to inform you that I lied. You are all in danger. You see, this test is to show how well Humans keep their wits about them when there is two killers in their midst. Yes. There is in fact two killers waiting for the chance to kill you. But listen, do not give up hope. I do not know where you come from, but I'm sure there might be some of you with special knowledge of certain fields. "

"Here is how the experiment works. There is a period known as Day. In which you all discuss who the killers might be. You vote on who to kill. Then you kill them. I then tell you if they were good or bad. Then Night falls, and the Killers can kill one person. Then Day starts again. This continues until the Killers successfully kill all of you or the Good people kill the killers."

"So good luck, oh yeah, did I mention you probably won't live through this. And I'll also mention we chose all our people from a list containing people without Life insurance. Haha."

I'm scared to death, but perhaps we can survive. Perhaps I can be of use. I must be strong. I can do this. Bring it on Killers.~

Player List (2/9):

Maruchan
Ellf
Mafia RoleCop
, Lived to tell the tale

Panacea (SE),
Mafia Goon
, Lived to tell the tale

Dead Player List (7/9):

Vader2401,
Cop
, Lynched Day One

zMuffinMan,
Vanilla Townie
, Killed Night One

smallpeoples343,
Vanilla Townie
, Lynched Day Two

Packbat,
Vanilla Townie
, Killed Night Two

Stuntman,
Vanilla Townie
, Lynched Day Three

numberQ,
Vanilla Townie
, Endgamed

Oversoul,
Vanilla Townie
, Endgamed
Last edited by Robocopter87 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:31 am, edited 15 times in total.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:47 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Rules:

General Rules

<1>My rule is Law, I settle debates. If you reject my rules then it shall result in a Modkill. Though I am awesome, I still make mistakes. Please do not hesitate to notify me when you think I have made a mistake.
<2>
Darkred Is my color don't use it. Using it will be seen as impersonating the mod, which is a punishable offense.

<3>If you have private communication with me, the mod. It has to be secret. I allow paraphrasing for Roleclaiming. If you don't know if your allowed to tell what was said then ask me first. Assume it is bad to do so before my answer.
<4>Time does not affect anything in this game unless it is a game mechanic. The use of Timestamps as a reason against someone is prohibited.
<5>You are
NOT
allowed to talk outside the thread with any other player unless specified in your role pm. This is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. I have seen people been banned from queues for breaking this exact rule. Don't get banned.
<6>Don't post the links to quicktopics that are used unless I give you permission. If you do, you will be modkilled.
<7>Claiming to be scum, is prohibited. If you are scum, you are not allowed to claim your partners name. If you do, you will be modkilled.
<8>Don't use small, invisible, or encrypted text. if I can't read it, its unacceptable.
<9>If you find loopholes in any of the rules and use them it is considered not good sportsmanship and is punishable. This doesn't apply to game mechanics of course. If you find a loophole that seems important please do not hesitate to notify me immediately.
<10>Personal grudges, are NOT acceptable. Period.
<11>Swearing a lot isn't tolerated by me. If you are angry. Take a quick breather, take a walk, but don't let loose in thread. Once or twice is alright, get the point across, I'd prefer if you didn't but a lot of people swear naturally. But overuse is not allowed. I hope you would know what the limit is.
<12>HAVE FUN!!!!
<13>Modkills will be enforced, don't think I'm a coward. If you do something that is a modkill offense, It will be done in a way that hurts your faction. You will be changed to a nuetral surviver. And automatically lose. But don't constantly worry about breaking the rules, I understand if you accidentally do something you shouldn't.
<14>You are not allowed to discuss an outside ongoing game in thread. If it is a finished game, then it is allowed. If it still running, you are prohibited from discussing it.

Posting, Voting, Deadline and Death

<1>Deadlines are a fixed 3 weeks. If there is a replacement I might allow an extensions. Extensions will not be longer than 1 week. Period.
<2>If you are going to be on vacation or unavailable for some time please inform me in thread or through a PM.
<3>If your V/LA covers too long a time I will replace you.
<4>If you do not post in
hours you shall be prodded.
<5>If you do not respond to the prod in another
hours. You shall be replaced.
<6>If you get
prods, you shall be replaced automatically. I will be lax with this if you start posting efficiently after third prod.
<7>Votes must be bolded or will not be counted, if you make the mistake of voting without bolding I will inform you that your vote was not counted in thread.(Ex. VOTE: Playername) This should be made easier by the new vote and unvote tags.
<8>Unvotes are not required but appreciated. Please Unvote before voting again.(ex. UNVOTE: Playername)
<9>Abbreviations are acceptable as long as I can clearly tell who you mean.
<10>Lynches will happen when a Majority is reached. Majority is half of available votes plus one rounded down.
<11>If players so choose, you can vote for No lynch. Normal Majority is required for a No Lynch to pass.
<12>If at deadline there is no Majority, a No Lynch will occur. If there is a tie at deadline, a No Lynch will occur.
<13>Once there is a Majority, votes cannot be taken back. The decision is final.
<14>As soon as I have posted the scene of your death. You are no longer allowed to post in thread. I will allow 'Bah' posts as long as they are completely content less, and you are only allowed one.

Just Have fun, follow the rules, play to your Win condition, and you won't have any problems!
Last edited by Robocopter87 on Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:48 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

2of4 SetupThe 2of4 setup is a test game format we’re trying out in Newbie games to get around balance issues with the F11 setup. To prevent the development of game-breaking strategies, these Newbie Games are Semi-Open, wherein the actual game setup is randomly chosen as detailed below:

• 1 Mafia Goon
  • 1 Mafia RoleCop
  • 5 Vanilla Townies
  • 2 of the following (no duplicates possible): (Cop 25%, Doctor 25%, Jailkeeper 25%, Vanilla Townie 25%)
Notes
  1. The RoleCop has the option of submitting both the night kills and investigations, even when the Goon is still alive.
  2. Mafia must specify who is performing what Night action when the Night action PM is submitted!

These are the Role PMs that have potentially been sent to the players:

Mafia-Aligned players:

Mod wrote:

name
(a Mafia RoleCop) and
name
(a Mafia Goon) are part of the local Mafia crime family. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.

• During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies and attempt to get someone lynched.
  • During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via QuickTopic, linked below) and choose another player in the town to kill that night.
  • One of you must send the moderator a PM with your choice of who to kill
    and who is performing the kill
    before the Night deadline.
  • The Mafia RoleCop has the ability to investigate another player and learn their specific role (Townie, Cop, Doc, or Jailkeeper).
  • One of you must send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to investigate (usually along with the kill) before the Night deadline.
  • If the Mafia RoleCop is blocked by a Town Jailkeeper then the RoleCop will receive a PM stating “No Result”.
  • You may communicate privately via QuickTopic with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened (this is called Night 0). Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.
  • Please do not communicate with each other outside of the QT.
  • You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.

Town-Aligned players:

Mod wrote:

You are a normal townsperson, trying to make a living and survive this insanity.

• You have no abilities at Night other than getting a good night's rest.
  • Although you do not have any special abilities, your voice and vote are powerful weapons in their own right. Use them to your best advantage!
  • At no time may you privately communicate with any other player.
  • You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.

Mod wrote:

You are a member of the local law enforcement, and can tell the good guys from the bad.

• Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to investigate before the Night deadline.
  • The Moderator will inform you as to that person’s guilt or innocence.
  • If you are blocked by a Town Jailkeeper you will receive a PM stating “No Result”.
  • In a Newbie game, you will always get a correct result (no sanity issues).
  • You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.

Mod wrote:

You are a physician, and can use your medical training to protect people from harm.

• Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to protect before the Night deadline.
  • If someone attempts to kill that player during the Night, they will be spared.
  • You will not be informed as to whether your protection was successful or not.
  • You may not protect yourself.
  • In a Newbie game, your protection target will always live through the night.

Mod wrote:

You are a prison guard, and it’s your job to ensure the undesireables are kept in their place.

• Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to send to jail before the Night deadline.
  • If the jailed player attempts to use a Night action (Investigate, Protect, or Kill), their action will not resolve.
  • If the jailed player is the target of a Kill that action will not resolve. Any other actions (Investigate or Protect) will resolve.
  • Neither you nor your target will be made aware of whether your own action was successful.
  • You may not put yourself in jail.
Last edited by Robocopter87 on Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:53 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Thread is up. But Role PMs are not out yet.

Will send them in the morning. Needz sleep.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:55 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Eh, 6 o'clock at Night. I think this is morning enough! :P

Role PMs going out!

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (isolation #5) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:58 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Role PMS are out!

Waiting on Confirmations.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:57 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Starting game later tonight. Like in 3-4 hours.

Still waiting on 1 confirmation. But enough players have confirmed to start the game.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

With most players confirmed, Day One begins.

|
:

Oversoul [0]
smallpeoples343 [0]
ValiliaRei [0]
Scholsey [0]
numberQ [0]
Ellf [0]
Panacea [0]
zMuffinMan [0]
Packbat [0]

:
|
Not Voting
|
:

Oversoul, smallpeoples343, ValiliaRei, Scholsey, numberQ, Ellf, Panacea, zMuffinMan, Packbat

:
|
Amount to Lynch
|
:

With 9 Alive it is 5 to Lynch.

:
|
Deadline
|
:

Midnight of July, 19th, EDT.

Last edited by Robocopter87 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (isolation #8) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:30 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Packbat wrote:2) I am in the US Eastern Time Zone - which is currently Eastern
Daylight
Time, not Eastern Standard Time, so...

...I have no clue what you are talking about >.> *runs and changes it*

Actually I have a Votecount template setup and it says EST and I just plop the date and time in there. But I don't normally keep track of daylight savings time. In my mind, the sun goes up and the sun goes down and there is nothing we can do about it!

At least it tells me you read the votecount so thanks.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34 (isolation #9) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:17 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Robin the Boy Wonder replaces Scholsey who never confirmed.

Welcome him!

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (isolation #10) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:51 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

VoteCount coming soon.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #65 (isolation #11) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:55 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

|
:

Oversoul [0]
smallpeoples343 [1] Robin The Boy Wonder
ValiliaRei [0]
Robin The Boy Wonder [0]
numberQ [2] Ellf, PackBat

Ellf [0]
Panacea [0]
zMuffinMan [2] Oversoul, ValiliaRei

Packbat [1] zMuffinMan

:
|
Not Voting
|
:

Panacea, numberQ, smallpeoples343

:
|
Amount to Lynch
|
:

:
|
Deadline
|
:

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #92 (isolation #12) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:58 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

ValiliaRei is going to be V/LA for a couple days. She has the Flu. Please be patient with her.

I hope for a nice and speedy recovery.

~Robo

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #102 (isolation #13) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:16 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

|
:

Oversoul [0]
smallpeoples343 [1] Robin The Boy Wonder
ValiliaRei [0]
Robin The Boy Wonder [1] Panacea
numberQ [3] Ellf, PackBat, numberQ

Ellf [0]
Panacea [0]
zMuffinMan [2] Oversoul, ValiliaRei
Packbat [0]

:
|
Not Voting
|
:

numberQ, smallpeoples343

:
|
Amount to Lynch
|
:

:
|
Deadline
|
:

Last edited by Robocopter87 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (isolation #14) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:17 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Going on a little vacation this weekend. Meaning I might not have internet access. I'll be back on Monday.

If you guys need anything that requires Mod determination. Ask Vel. I'll alert him as to my vacation.

Most likely scenario, you won't have a votecount for a few days. You'll live :P.

EDIT: If I do have internet access then I'll tell you all, don't go PMing Vel until you are sure I am away.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (isolation #15) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:17 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Posting off of friends phone. Meaning I can check on you guys but it is terribly hard to make a VC. So try and live without one please. Will be back on Monday so please have patience.

RTBW has requested replacement which I currently can do nothing about...=\. Please hold off till Monday. I'll probably grant an extension.

Thank you!

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (isolation #16) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:22 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Alright, I'm back home. I can catch up all my Mod duties now. Keep in mind that it is a holiday, I am modding two newbies, and I do have a job, and Marathon days are running and I would like to participate. For those who don't know, we have a forum called Marathon day in which we play Mafia Games all in one sitting instead of a few weeks. Its really fun, and there is no modding limits. You can Mod, Play or just watch!

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (isolation #17) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:31 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Oman replaces Robin The Boy Wonder!

Its an Oman!

Welcome him!

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (isolation #18) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:37 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Vote Count Bump

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (isolation #19) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:37 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

|
:

Oversoul [1] zMuffinMan
smallpeoples343 [0]
ValiliaRei [1] Oman
Oman [1] Panacea
numberQ [2] Ellf, PackBat
Ellf [0]
Panacea [0]
zMuffinMan [1] ValiliaRei
Packbat [0]

:
|
Not Voting
|
:

numberQ, smallpeoples343

:
|
Amount to Lynch
|
:

:
|
Deadline
|
:

Last edited by Robocopter87 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (isolation #20) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:40 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Ellf has requested replacement. Finding replacement.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (isolation #21) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:54 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Maruchan replaces Ellf. Welcome Him!

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (isolation #22) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:17 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

A new rule has been added. I noticed I was missing this rule.

<14>You are not allowed to discuss an outside ongoing game in thread. If it is a finished game, then it is allowed. If it still running, you are prohibited from discussing it.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (isolation #23) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:01 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

To Quote

Code: Select all

[quote="Player Name Here"] What they said goes here. [/quote]

Which would appear as,

Player Name Here wrote: What they said goes here.

Don't forget the quotation marks around the player name.

Remember, the preview button is your friend. You should preview your post for mistakes before posting. Due to the fact you cannot edit.

Hope this helps,
~Robo

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #225 (isolation #24) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:13 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

This Votecount is Correct. I went back to page three and went from there. So. There shouldn't be any more confusion about that. My apologies.

If you see anything wrong with any Votecounts in the future. Please don't hesitate to say something.

I don't remember if I had anything else to say... it feels like I did... Ah oh well. Here's your votecount.

|
:

Oversoul [2] zMuffinMan, numberQ

smallpeoples343 [0]
ValiliaRei [1] Oman
Oman [0]
numberQ [1] PackBat
Maruchan [0]
Panacea [0]
zMuffinMan [1] ValiliaRei
Packbat [0]

:
|
Not Voting
|
:

smallpeoples343, Oversoul, Maruchan, Panacea

:
|
Amount to Lynch
|
:

:
|
Deadline
|
:

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (isolation #25) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:11 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Panacea and smallpeoples343 have been prodded. smallpeoples was past the 72 hour limit. While Panacea was a just three or four hours behind. So slack to Panacea.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (isolation #26) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:47 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Panacea wrote:Panacea already offered notification of V/LA. Will still be unable to post until I make it home tonight, as I said.

Yes, yes. My bad! :oops:

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (isolation #27) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:47 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

My Rules wrote:<4>Time does not affect anything in this game unless it is a game mechanic. The use of Timestamps as a reason against someone is prohibited.

I think this is appropriate time to reiterate this rule.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #300 (isolation #28) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:11 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

ValiliaRei has requested replacement.

Finding one now.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #322 (isolation #29) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:17 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

numberQ wrote:@Panacea: I knew you were talking about Harry Potter. :D Going to the midnight premiere, aw yeah!

Books are better!

Maruchan wrote:OSHI, White Collar is on. be back in an hour. sorry, forgot tonight was Tuesday.

White Collar ftw

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #323 (isolation #30) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:22 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Vader2401 replaces ValiliaRei!

Welcome him!

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (isolation #31) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:48 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Oman is prodded.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #363 (isolation #32) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:35 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Code: Select all

[hr]100[/hr]

Makes a line across the post. Like so.

You see? Votecount soon to come.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #369 (isolation #33) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:35 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Don't post that crap in my thread Maruchan.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #370 (isolation #34) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:42 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

|
:

Oversoul [1] zMuffinMan
smallpeoples343 [0]
Vader2401 [2] Oman, Maruchan

Oman [0]
numberQ [0]
Maruchan [2] PackBat, numberQ

Panacea [0]
zMuffinMan [0]
Packbat [0]

:
|
Not Voting
|
:

smallpeoples343, Oversoul, Panacea, Vader2401

:
|
Amount to Lynch
|
:

:
|
Deadline
|
:

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #399 (isolation #35) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:17 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Focus on the game please. I have no issue with a little laid back stuff. It makes the game fun and memorable. But there is a time where you have to remind you guys to get back into the game.

Thats what they made the GD for :P

Lol at panacea, you took the time for us * sniffle*

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (isolation #36) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:46 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

|
:

Oversoul [1] zMuffinMan
smallpeoples343 [0]
Vader2401 [3] Oman, Maruchan, PAckbat

Oman [0]
numberQ [0]
Maruchan [1] numberQ
Panacea [0]
zMuffinMan [0]
Packbat [0]

:
|
Not Voting
|
:

smallpeoples343, Oversoul, Panacea, Vader2401

:
|
Amount to Lynch
|
:

:
|
Deadline
|
:

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #422 (isolation #37) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:47 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Find replacement for Vader2401. If a replacement is found before deadline, I may grant an extension.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #455 (isolation #38) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:10 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

I'm here now! Sorry! Been busy. Alright. Going to get stuff ready. In the meantime you guys can talk, except for Vader2401. He isn't allowed.

So yeah. I'll try to be quick.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #456 (isolation #39) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:23 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

|
:

Oversoul [0]
smallpeoples343 [0]
:!:
Vader2401 [5] Oman, Maruchan, Packbat, Panacea, zMuffinMan
Oman [0]
numberQ [0]
Maruchan [1] numberQ
Panacea [0]
zMuffinMan [0]
Packbat [0]

:
|
Not Voting
|
:

smallpeoples343, Oversoul, Vader2401

:
|
Amount to Lynch
|
:

:
|
Deadline
|
:

Lynch Scene Incoming...

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #457 (isolation #40) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:23 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Journal Entry #2:

So there we were.

The Nine of Us.

7 Good. 2 Bad.

But who...?

After the announcement made at the beginning of this experiment, a man dressed in a black suit came and locked the door. A noisy whirring came from the corner of the room and a small compartment opened. A security camera jumped out and focused itself upon the table of the Nine. A louder sound came from the wall and a rectangular section slid open smoothly to reveal a tinted window.

Then there was silence.

I looked around the table, as did everybody else. Get a good luck at the people you might end up killing, or possibly looking at your murderer. Normally this would unsettle most people. But not me, I need to live. I need to survive. If only I had known what I was getting into when I signed up for this. I figured it could be bad, but not this bad. This was cruel.

I glanced around looking for anybody who looked like a possible killer. Stories began to flow in my mind. Everybody could be a killer. And then I snapped out of it. I couldn't have that sort of paranoid mentality. I needed to do this logically.

I realized we had been sitting in silence for at least five minutes. So being my normal "Get things done" self, I was the first to speak.

"Hello everybody, perhaps we should get go around the table and state our names and then try to come to a logical decision."

Everybody looked at me awkwardly. Obviously wondering whether they would look silly if they said something. But I didn't care, cmon, people were going to die and they cared about how these people, maybe even their own killers, thought of them? That's just stupid.

And apparently everybody else came to this conclusion too, as they started to speak, in a clockwise circle they stated their names. Some said more than that, but some kept their mouth shut.

So then discussion started, a few people were suspicious to me, a few were suspicious of me. We went on, accusing, and discussing who the killers were. And whoever the killers were were pretty good at hiding it. Because everybody looked like they were just trying to get out and survive.

Finally the group decided upon an unlucky Vader. They all discussed his scumminess. And then they decided to kill him. He was close to death, but he said nothing.

One of the Men rose from the able and slammed his fist down. "I won't have this nonsense! I won't sit here and wait dreading my death! I'll kill you myself!"

And so he did, he threw the rope around the mans neck and strangled him to death. He totally overpowered Vader. Then Vader was no more.

Silence fell.

But then, the light clicked off. And the tinted window did something unknown. A strange fizzling sound came from it. And it became a clear window.

Doctor RoboCopter87 sat there. Smoking a pipe in a big armchair. A book on a table by his side.

His voice resonated in the room, obviously a hidden microphone of some sort. The speakers were nowhere to be found.

"I see you have lynched Vader2401. My men will dispose of his body and such. However, I'm sure what you are all wondering is whether the man you killed was good or bad.

I regret to inform you that the man you killed was in fact a good man. Not a killer. He actually was a member of the towns local law enforcement. A police officer.

I'm sorry.

Now, it is time for the Night Phase of this experiment."

The opposite wall which was noticeably away from the table made a small clinking sound. Then it was silent. It smoothly opened up 9 Semi-Cylinders, jutting from the wall. Each had a sliding door. They were lit up, except for one of them. Which emitted an ominous tone about them.

Doctor RoboCopter87 spoke, "Now if you will please enter your chosen cylinder."

The Eight of them entered their designated cylinders. And they laid their heads upon the cushions.

Doctor Robocopter87's voice sounded distant but still easily recognizable, " Now, you are in one of my state of the art automatic sleep machines. It automatically puts you to sleep and makes you wake up when I please. You will be in a deep sleep. I could have you sleep to your death if I felt like it. But this experiment calls for you to wake up again. So be thankful--"

Thankful for not being killed by you maniacal experiments?
, I thought,
Yeah I'm truly grateful

Robo's voice rang on "-- the killers will wake up in the night and discuss who they wish to kill. Then they will press the button on the person's cylinder. And then they cylinder will fill with an extremely poisonous gas.

So sleep tight! Don't let the bed bugs bite!"

The window fizzled into a tinted window again. And all the cylinders shuttered for a second then smoothly set them in a horizontal position.

I hope I make it through the night.

Because this whole thing is a living
Nightmare

Vader2401,
Cop
, Lynched Day One.

Night lasts for around 72 hours. Deadline is July 21st.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #458 (isolation #41) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:15 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Hey guys. I am extending the deadline for 2 Nights at the Max. Probably less.

Basically something went down and If it gets fixed anytime in before the deadline then I'll start.

Sorry for the delay.

I hope I can get this cleared up quickly.

Thanks for the patience!

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #459 (isolation #42) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:39 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Journal Entry #3

He lied to them. He lied to me. He lied to all of us.

I don't know if I can continue doing this. But I must.

It all started on the morning of the experiment. I had applied for it because I was low on cash. I wanted some easy money This seemed like a good way to get some. I needed the money badly. If I didn't get the money, then my family and I would be kicked out of our home.

So I got the Lab bright and early. Formally dressed, I was the first person to get there. I walked into the facility. And it was amazing. The architecture made the Lab seem very upper grade. It was clean. Fresh. It felt new and filled with opportunity.

I was ready to do whatever they were going to have me do. Which they hadn't specified in their letter.

Suddenly the automatic doors I had came through opened to reveal another person.

I studied them. I greeted them. And since we were going to the same place, we walked together.

Suddenly a man came out from one of the rooms. He was bright, charming and had a very friendly presence about him.

"Hello my friends, I am Doctor RoboCopter87. And I am the man running your test today. They rest of the people will arrive shortly. But I have a special assignment for the both of you. Here, come into this room."

We entered the room from which he came, it was obviously his study. It was neat, with a desk and a lamp. His computer was sitting on a table next to his desk, and he went to the door and took out a pair of keys. All of them were exactly identical. And there was a great number of them. He locked the door with one of the keys. Then deposited the keys in his pocket and sat down at his desk.

He spoke, "Please, have a seat. Alright, now. What I have to assign you to do is no simple task. But I assure you that there is no harm in it. This experiment is going to have a Night Phase. I'll explain more on the phases an such later. This is going to be a completely harmless test. Basically. You are going to play a game. In which all of the people will vote to "Lynch" somebody in the hope to find you two. They will "die" and then it will move to Night Phase. Where you two are going to chose who you want to "kill". Like I said, its completely harmless. But it is going to be portrayed as real. As a real life and death situation."

He looked at me. And then he pointed at my partner.

"You are going to have the special ability to check one person during the "Night" phase and see if they have any special skills. Both of you have the ability to kill."

"If you guys win the game, you get a big sum of money. If you lose the game then you get no money. Now, the others should be arriving. You must remain undetected. Otherwise they will "lynch" you. Good Luck."

He smiled at us, shook our hands firmly. Then went to the doors with us close behind. He unlocked the door. Then we left.

Soon after the start of the experiment. You could tell how truly convincing the Doctor was. He played them all like fools. Every single one of them thought it was a real situation.

Then they lynched somebody. Poor Bloke. He obviously wasn't dead, but they thought he was. They dragged him out of the room. It was amazing how he did that and made it look so real.

Once we were in our cylinders, and everybody had been put to sleep. I awoke and stepped out. I discussed with my partner on who to "kill" and "rolecop".

Once we had decided, I went and pressed the button on the cylinder of zMuffinMan. I waited to watch the gas.

But what happened was completely different.

It exploded. Inside of the cylinder. It blew up!

What was left of him was smeared on the glass.

Suddenly a Computer Monitor came down. And there he was, Doctor RoboCopter87. He grinned and spoke, "Are you surprised I lied?"

Anger came over me like a flood. I sprinted to the monitor and drove my fist into it like a bull. But the Doctor was a skillful matador, and the screen slid just out of reach.

"Now now, my friend. Allow me to expla--"

"NO! NO EXPLAINING! YOU LIAR! YOU ARE A MONSTER! A MURDERER! I WON'T DO IT! I WON'T KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE!"

"Oh but you will. You see, you are broke. Are you really willing to get yourself killed and have your family live in poverty? Your choice. And you, RoleCop, you are dying, with this money you can get a transplant. Death or Life? You chose."

I knelt and wept. How could he? How could I? I have to do this, even if I hate it. I'm now a killer.

And we went back into our cylinders. And the day came.

And the people went to decide who to kill. Everybody grieved for the loss of zMuffinMan.

zMuffinMan,
Vanilla Townie
, Killed Night One

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #460 (isolation #43) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:40 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

|
:

Oversoul [0]
smallpeoples343 [0]
Oman [0]
numberQ [0]
Maruchan [0]
Panacea [0]
Packbat [0]

:
|
Not Voting
|
:

Oversoul, smallpeoples343, Oman, numberQ, Maruchan, Panacea, Packbat

:
|
Amount to Lynch
|
:

With 7 Alive it is 4 to Lynch.

:
|
Deadline
|
:

Midnight of August, 12th, EDT.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #493 (isolation #44) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:25 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Hey guys and gals, going to be gone for tonight and tomorrow. So yeah. I'll post VCs when I get back.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #502 (isolation #45) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:33 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

|
:

Oversoul [2] Packbat, Maruchan

smallpeoples343 [0]
Oman [0]
numberQ [0]
Maruchan [1] numberQ
Panacea [0]
Packbat [1] Oversoul

:
|
Not Voting
|
:

smallpeoples343, Oman, Panacea

:
|
Amount to Lynch
|
:

:
|
Deadline
|
:

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #503 (isolation #46) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:39 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Oman and smallpeoples343 have been prodded.

Maruchan wrote:I thought they could say goodbye and all, just not say anything game related

You are correct. They may say good luck, goodbye, darn!, and such. Most people keep them short and concise just to make sure nothing game related slips. But not everybody posts a 'bah' post. Because it isn't necessary. And you only get one.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #526 (isolation #47) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:35 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

|
:

Oversoul [2] Packbat, Maruchan

smallpeoples343 [0]
Oman [0]
numberQ [0]
Maruchan [2] numberQ, Oversoul

Panacea [0]
Packbat [0]

:
|
Not Voting
|
:

smallpeoples343, Oman, Panacea

:
|
Amount to Lynch
|
:

:
|
Deadline
|
:

Last edited by Robocopter87 on Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #536 (isolation #48) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Packbat wrote:
Mod: Maruchan's vote is on Oversoul, I believe.

Fixed. Thank you.

Finding Oman replacement.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #538 (isolation #49) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

No. He didn't post for three days. I prodded him. 48 hours later (Right about now), I start searching for replacement because he didn't respond.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #547 (isolation #50) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:20 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Oman is replaced by Stuntman.

Welcome him!

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #565 (isolation #51) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:28 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

|
:

Oversoul [1] smallpeoples343
smallpeoples343 [2] Panacea, Packbat

Stuntman [0]
numberQ [0]

Panacea [0]
Packbat [0]

:
|
Not Voting
|
:

Stuntman

:
|
Amount to Lynch
|
:

:
|
Deadline
|
:

Last edited by Robocopter87 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #566 (isolation #52) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:29 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

NumberQ has been prodded.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #586 (isolation #53) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:56 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

|
:

smallpeoples343 [2] Panacea, Packbat
Stuntman [0]
numberQ [0]
Panacea [0]
Packbat [0]

:
|
Not Voting
|
:

Stuntman

:
|
Amount to Lynch
|
:

:
|
Deadline
|
:

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #587 (isolation #54) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:57 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Oversoul == Prodded.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #640 (isolation #55) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:22 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

|
:

smallpeoples343 [3] Panacea, Packbat, Stuntman

Stuntman [0]
numberQ [0]
Panacea [0]
Packbat [0]

:
|
Not Voting
|
:

:
|
Amount to Lynch
|
:

:
|
Deadline
|
:

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #641 (isolation #56) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:25 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

smallpeopels has been prodded.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #663 (isolation #57) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:38 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Hey.

Its me.

Lets take a look at my rules for a minute.

My Rules wrote:<11>Swearing a lot isn't tolerated by me. If you are angry. Take a quick breather, take a walk, but don't let loose in thread. Once or twice is alright, get the point across, I'd prefer if you didn't but a lot of people swear naturally. But overuse is not allowed. I hope you would know what the limit is.

So yeah. Get the picture?

There is other ways to express your thoughts without the use of swearing.

Once or twice on occasion is alright. Doing it every post is bad. Doing it every sentence is bad. Doing it every other word is bad.

Alright.

In other news, someone has been lynched. Little bit of twilight for you guys while I go take a shower and eat and stuff and come back and write flavor.

I'll be back, and there better not be any more swearing in this thread or I
will
Modkill people. Don't test me.

(To those of you who aren't swearing, sorry for yelling.)

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #682 (isolation #58) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

|
:

smallpeoples343 [4] Panacea, Packbat, Stuntman, Maruchan
Stuntman [0]
numberQ [0]
Panacea [0]
Packbat [0]

:
|
Not Voting
|
:

:
|
Amount to Lynch
|
:

:
|
Deadline
|
:

Lynch Scene Incoming...

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #683 (isolation #59) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Hahaha... This is going just as planned.

Journal Entry #4:

Dr. RoboCopter87 was reading
"The Prince"
in his big armchair behind his one way window. He read silently, without moving any muscles except to flip the pages.

The group of people were outside discussing who to kill. He liked it. He liked having all the peoples lives in his hands. He could make any of them do what he wants. Because he planned his group to be desperate. No matter who he made the killers, they would end up
having
to kill. Even if it was against their own will. And he had proven that. Like he knew he would be able to.

His whole experiment was running perfectly. Without any obstacles so far. He was slowly reaching his goal. He would prove to all the scientists what he could do. That he wasn't a loony. He was a genius. He knew it to be true. He wasn't obsessed. He was passionate!

But suddenly, the Doctor rose from his chair and strode to the window. Which was odd because he could see through it perfectly fine from the chair.

But there was a reason for it.

You see, through all the shouting he had been counting. Counting the votes subconsciously because that's what he did. He stored data in his mind. In his counting, he noticed the number reached 4.

So he went to the window and what he saw was the group of test subject backing smallpeoples343 into a corner. Rope in hand.
Like animals!
, he thought,
This will not do!

He pressed a switch and the window fizzled into a two way window.

"Hey! Test subjects! What is this blasphemy? Are you but savages who kill for yourselves? Oh right, I made you do that. Hahaha. Anywho! You cannot kill the man like that. No no no!"

He strode from the window, while the group just stared in awe.

The Doctor unlatched his door, strode down the hall to the entrance of the Test subjects room. And entered after unlocking it.

He looked at them, they truly were savage. He drove them to the point of no return.
Perfect.
His experiment was working perfectly.

He turned to smallpeoples343. Who was crouched down in the corner, tears in his bloodshot eyes from fright. The Doctor stepped towards him.
A cornered animal is the most dangerous of all
, he reminded himself. And sure enough, when he stepped within five feet of smallpeoples343. Small jumped at the Doctor.

But the doctor was quicker, the Doctor threw his arm out and with lightning speed he flipped small over his back onto the floor and already had a gun to his head by the time small realized what had happened.

The Doctor smiled, "You must realize, my dear test subjects, that if you are going to be a scientist. You must have two things. The first is the ability to create new improved phenomenons. The second is the ability to defend you and your phenomenon from greedy jealous people."

"Now, get in cylinders. Except for you smallpeoples343. Obviously. Seeing as I'm about to kill you." The others did as they were told. Seeing as the Doctor was obviously a madman. But a madman who knew how to kill.

Once they were in the machines, the Doctor told smallpeoples343 to reveal his alignment. And smallpeoples343 boldly spoke, "Townie."

And the last things they saw before the machine put them to sleep was the Doctor deftly raise his handgun and put 7 rounds into smallpeoples343 head. 2 in his eyes. And 5 in a smile on his face.

It was the most horrific smiley face they had ever seen, some cried in right, others just shut their eyes and pretended it didn't happen.

And then they all fell asleep.

smallpeoples343,
Vanilla Townie
, Lynched Day Two

Night lasts 72 hours. Deadline is Midnight of August 4th. If you have actions, send them in now.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #684 (isolation #60) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:51 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Its so wierd...

Journal Entry #5:

When I get into my cylinder.

The first thing I feel is panic. It makes me feel claustrophobic.

The second feeling is a slightly painful sting in my right shoulder. Where the needle injects me.

The third feeling is worry. What if I never wake up? What if we lose this game? What happens to my family if I die.

The fourth feeling is happiness. The brief thought of my family has reminded me that though my life is not the luckiest. It is good. And that I should be grateful for my family. For my Wife. The women I met when I was 27 in a coffee shop. Then my daughter, who is nine years old. I can see her smiling face now.

But then her face slowly slips away.

And I fall, it feels realistic. Like I just fell backwards off the side of the Empire State building. I fall, not knowing when I will hit. Do you know how long it takes to fall backward off the top of the Empire State Building? Because I have no clue, and here I am. Falling. But you know, it doesn't feel that bad. I enjoy the few moments. Admiring a seagull as it flys by. I'm flying too aren't I? Well, falling a long distance to be more precise. But in these last moments, I can pretend can't I?

So I fall and fall. Right when I know I'm going to hit the ground, I spin and accept it.

And there is nothing there.

Its never ending. Its just an infinite sky. Miles long, following the building.

I fall for what seems like ages. Until I finally see the bottom. And it isn't what I expected. Its... Its... a cloud...

Then I hit it. And everything changes. I stop falling and start floating. The inside of the cloud is pitch black. Then lights appear, a light show inside the cloud.

Then Lightning strikes, I feel the lightning. I smell the burning of electricity running through my veins. I am the Lightning.

Yes.

I am the Lightning.

I'm about to happen in a split second.

I'm going to light up.

Here I go.

ZAP! The thunder rumbles inside me, and I wake up.

Back in my cylinder. There is somebody in front of me. Someone outside of my cylinder. Staring into my eyes. There eyes are blue. They are crying, why are they crying? I want to shout out to them. To hold them. Is this real or a nightmare. But alas. This is real.

They reach down and press a button. And the cylinder whirred up. They fall to the floor in tears.

I yell out to them.

"Tell my wife and daughter that I love them! I don't blame you!"

Then everything goes dark.

And I fade away. For this Thunderstorm has passed.

PackBat,
Vanilla Townie
, Killed Night Two

It is now Day Three. Deadline is August 26th.

|
:

Oversoul [0]
Stuntman [0]
numberQ [0]
Maruchan [0]
Panacea [0]

:
|
Not Voting
|
:

Oversoul, Stuntman, numberQ, Maruchan, Panacea

:
|
Amount to Lynch
|
:

With 5 Alive it is 3 to Lynch.

:
|
Deadline
|
:

Midnight of August, 26th, EDT.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #709 (isolation #61) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:11 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

That is a Lynch. No. >:). I'm not going to let you discuss how so suspenseful that was until after game.

I have some pretty hilarious stuff to say for post game thoughts.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #710 (isolation #62) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:13 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

|
:

Oversoul [0]
Stuntman [3] numberQ, Maruchan, Panacea
numberQ [0]
Maruchan [0]
Panacea [0]

:
|
Not Voting
|
:

Oversoul, Stuntman

:
|
Amount to Lynch
|
:

With 5 Alive it is 3 to Lynch.

:
|
Deadline
|
:

Midnight of August, 26th, EDT.

Lynch Scene Incoming. Well. Maybe It might happen in the morning. I'll see. I'll try to do it now.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #711 (isolation #63) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:28 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

And so it ends...

Journal Entry #6:

After finding Packbats blown up remains. The 5 returned to the table. It was wierd, they had started out with 9. And 4 were now dead. Not a single scum in the midst. Some questionned whether there really was killers in their midst or if the Doctor was merely killing them out of delight.

They argued and discussed for only an hour until one man stood and pointed at Stuntman. He is the scum.

Two other jumped up. One tying the rope around his neck and holding him and the other strangling him. And within seconds it was done.

The two turned to the remaining two. One turned their back and spoke, "We are the ones who killed the others. We were forced against our will. We beg your forgiveness. But their is nothing we can do. We must survive. I must win.

With that, the killers overpowered the other two. Strangling them both to death.

"Congragulations. You have won this game." The Doctor walked in. And the killers didn't move a muscle. The one killer spoke, "Have we earned ourselves our freedom?" The Doctor then told them, "Haha! You were NEVER enslaved!"

And with that the Doctor disapeared. In a blink he was gone.

The killers stareed in disbelief. Then they popped out of existence too.

They appeared in a cylinder, with something attached to their heads. And the thing attached to their head hissed and then lifted. The door opened. And they stepped out into a room.

A room with all the 9 players in it. Sitting at a table.

Once the Killers entered the room. Everything went silent.

The Doctor at the head of the table spoke, "Please sit down you two. Let me tell you all what has happened."

"You see, I am the inventor of an extremely groundbreaking technology. I created an alternate reality. Like something virtual. But it feels and acts the same way as this universe does. As you can see, you were all just playing in my alternate reality. And when you died you were sent back to this reality."

"I understand I have created an extremely cruel way of testing it. But it was the only way to get some logical people to agree to kill people. I needed to test out interactions and I really needed to make sure that when someone dies they
are
sent back. "

"You will all be paid. This experiment has only lasted two hours you know. Time in the alternate reality goes much slower than this one. For our minds create, and recieve things much quicker."

"I did end up having to myself in danger. I needed to test the transportation into the alternate reality. So instead of staying in the alternate reality, I just popped in and out when stuff happened. I watched you through this video feed of the mental image created in everybodys mind. I could see everything."

"The reason I didn't just say 'You are testing an alternate reality' was to see if anybody would know the difference. So i hit you guys with special gas when you walked in and hooked you up with my equipment. Then I placed you in the exact same spot you were before you were hit with my special gas. And with my special gases power to temporary erase a minute of memory. It all worked perfectly."

The Doctor rose, I am sorry for your strife. But you have all fought well. I assure you the killers were totally against what they had to do. But they did it for their families. As did you all.

You may be paid and leave or stay and talk or whatever you choose.

Thank you all. And expect these equipment to be on the market very soon.

The Doctor put on his hat and grabbed his coat and walked out of the room.

Stuntman,
Vanilla Townie
, Lynched Day Three

numberQ,
Vanilla Townie
, Endgamed

Oversoul,
Vanilla Townie
, Endgamed

PANACEA AND MARUCHAN, THE MAFIA, WIN THE GAME!

Actions:

N1- Panacea Kills zMuffinMan.
Maruchan rolecops NumberQ, getting a VT result.

N2- Panacea Kills Packbat
Maruchan rolecops Stuntman, getting a VT result.

Thoughts/ Constructive Criticism

This game went overral pretty good. There was a little too many replacements. I think everyone should have at least waited for Vader2401 to get a replacement and hear from him. Because you never know if they are a PR. He could have claimed. He would have been Killed N1 for sure. But then you would have narrowed down your search to 8 for Day One. Giving a chance at finding scum. Patience works the best.

Panacea played this game perfectly. It really was, not a single person suspected her and I don't even know if anybody actually even accused or voted her.

Maruchan played well too, however, your LyLo vote was the absolute WORSE thing scum could possibly do. You voted, giving yourself away, and you even threw in your partners name. If Panacea hadn't gotten there first. You would have screwed the Mafia over. In a LyLo situation, its best to just vote without saying anything. And then if the partner hammers even though they probably shouldn't they can say something funny or something.

It was actually hilarious, I got on and saw your post. It was at 2:41. I looked at when Panacea was on last and it said she got off and 2:40. I died laughing. It was very suspenseful.

But Maruchan, you did good nonetheless.

PackBat, you were an excellent IC. You showed a fine line between educating players and gameplay. You were active and contributed. You were a great IC.

zMuffinMan, you did great too. Excellent job. I have nothing else to say for you.

smallpeoples343, you need to put more effort. More effort into catching scum. This was your first game so its absolutely fin that you had a little trouble. I can tell you will get better with practice.

Oversoul, same thing, more cases, more scumhunting. Show people your reasons. You'll get better with practice also.

numberQ, you need to be more active. You were great, but you were hardly there. If you get your head into the game and focus I'm sure you could wreck scum.

Stuntman, you replaced into a bad situation. I can't say much because you weren't here for long. But I do have something to say. Your grammar/spelling. If you correctly grammaticize(not a word), you will look more town. I assure you this is true. You look better. Not that you
need
to look more town unless your scum. But if you do, you are much easier to understand. That is all.

Alright, that's all I have to say. If you have any advice for me. I'm all open. Any ideas or anything.

I had fun playing with you all.

I hope to see you around on Mafiascum.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #732 (isolation #64) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:43 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Dum-dee-dum

http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/Ty8deYZVm7Bh7

Its against the rules
during
game. But afterwards, it usally is scums choice to post it. But since I know you want to post it. Here it is.

Btw, the flavor, I tried to make it the best I could. I was experimenting with longer flavor instead of shorter. I tried to wrap the ending up with a happy ending.So yeah. I tried!

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #742 (isolation #65) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:24 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Packbat wrote:(I'm afraid my bank of moderator tricks is a lot thinner - the only real things I can think of are "be very active" and "make the game immune to flakes", and the MS community is very good about the latter already.)

Be active is super important. Mod activity == Player activity (Most of the time)
Be super careful what you say, saying less is better than saying more.
Stay out of the way. Let the players play.
Never ever ever quote a players post that isn't specifically asking you something. Like if someone says the game is crap or something, don't jump in. Stay out of the way. It could be just a pretend anger from the player, you never know what they are doing.
Make it a comfortable environment. Have fun. Its a game.

Thats pretty much my Modbook. If you do this then your games will be awesome.

I'm sure theres plenty more stuff you can add to this list. But I did the main stuff.

I mostly Mod newbies because I still don't have the skill for bigger games.

I've modded quite a few actually...

Lets see. Heres my modding history.

My first was Open 232.
Newbie 984.
Newbie 1004(Which restarted as Newbie 1013 after somebody figured out somebody elses role)
Newbie 1006.
Newbie 1015
Newbie 1071
Newbie 1074
Then just finished 1122.

Currently Modding:
Newbie 1114
Newbie 1137

Throw Mini 1022 into there somewhere. i have no clue when it took place. I failed at modding that. Terribly. Which brought me back to the newbie queue after it finished. Haven't modded something besides a Newbie since it finished.

My play history is also long.

Actually my first newbie game was Newbie 884. I did terrible, just goes to show how much I improved. And then my first modded newbie was 974. A hundred newbie games later.

Ahh... memories..

Lol so yeah. My history.
Last edited by Robocopter87 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”