Newbie #1185 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Sampson
Sampson
Goon
Sampson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:24 am

Post by Sampson »

So yeah. I'm Sampson and I'm an SE--which stands for Sampson Eternal, in case you didn't know.

Vote: Cav
because his name is three letters.
Sampson
Sampson
Goon
Sampson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (isolation #1) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:32 pm

Post by Sampson »

I've been in three completed games:
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=19175 (replaced in, VT)
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18941 (VT)
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18699 (VT)

@Tierce:
When you bring up "clarification," what do you mean? Do you mean clarifying if a particular accusation you make is genuine or reaction-fishing, or do you mean explaining your reasoning? I can understand the former (although in the later days most, if not all accusations should be serious, since there is enough information to go by without resorting to reaction fishing), but you have to expect to explain why you're voting someone or why you find them scummy, or even the logic behind your accusations. Everyone needs to understand fully what's going on at all times to make the best decisions, and if someone doesn't understand where you're coming from, they're going to ask.

Also, it's not nearly as RVS-y in here as it was a few hours ago, so...

Unvote.
Sampson
Sampson
Goon
Sampson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (isolation #2) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:01 pm

Post by Sampson »

My apologies for not posting recently. I've been a bit busy. Reading now!
Sampson
Sampson
Goon
Sampson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #3) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:52 pm

Post by Sampson »

SOAD and inte seem to be the main objects of suspicion at this point. I honestly don't get any scum vibes, for the most part, from SOAD. He strikes me as more stubborn and unfamiliar with the flow of the game than anything else. This post does warrant a response, however:
In post 105, syndromeofadown wrote:Ugh, my intuition is really telling me a certain player is scum, but I don't want to put the spotlight on them just yet. For three reasons: one, I would come off hypocritical after all my speeches about day 1; two, my intuition could be wrong and I feel I should wait for when I have a better case against them, and three, I want to keep scum in the dark, make them second guess themselves and look for changes in behavior after posting this. I honestly don't know if I should even be posting this since it goes against every strategy I decided on coming into the game, but for now
Unvote

PS, what do you guys think the setup is? For now I'm feeling 2 mafia, 6 town, and a power role (doctor if I had to guess)

In any other game, I would find this more than enough of a reason to vote you, but this is a Newbie game. As a result, I see this as more of a newbtown mistake than anything else. The post seems very genuine to me. If you have someone you suspect, pursue them. Don't let them possibly get away. Even if you're wrong, it provides more information to the town. You may come off as hypocritical here, but because this game is designed for you to learn, it isn't that big of a deal.

The "for the most part" from above is because of your last question, which I feel is far more likely by itself to be a newbscum mistake. At this point, no one knows for sure what the setup is, unless their name is iamausername, and he's not allowed to post. Like my fellow SE said, a question like that can out PRs and that's not helping the town at all. PRs help the town, after all.

I'm not as sure about inte's alignment, so I have to give him a null read for now. He admitted to intending to lurk, which is bad, since lurking means no contributing. You've also stated that you've had experience with Mafia before, so I'm not as inclined to look at that as a newbie mistake. But I'd like to know, do you genuinely believe Tierce is scum (you are voting for her, after all)? If so, based on your posts, I'm not so sure I understand your case on her. Care to explain it?
Sampson
Sampson
Goon
Sampson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #4) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:35 pm

Post by Sampson »

@Mod: V/LA from 11/24 to 12/1. I will have internet access, so I'll be able to post. If that's too long regardless, you can replace me.

Shii's questions aren't necessarily scummy. They are a way to get information on the table, which can help the town later on. And he (or are you a she? Sorry if it's been asked before) is an SE, so you have to keep in mind that he's helping you learn, too.

@inte: Do you have an answer for my Tierce question?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”