Newbie 1233: Frogs & Toads Mafia (Town Win!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Xephoria
Xephoria
Goon
Xephoria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #0) » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:25 am

Post by Xephoria »

/confirm Hey guys, his is my second game ever of playing Mafia.
Xephoria
Xephoria
Goon
Xephoria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (isolation #1) » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:45 am

Post by Xephoria »

1) Have you played mafia before (on MS, another site, IRC etc.)?

Yeah, I've only played on game before in which I got lynched on the first day :/ I'm currently playing another type called lyncher mafia with 5 people.
2) How often can we expect to hear from you (At least once per day is a good baseline) and what timezone are you?
Ummm I post everyday in the evening EST.
Xephoria
Xephoria
Goon
Xephoria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #2) » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:49 am

Post by Xephoria »

@Larry
Q4) What role do you like to play the most?

I don't know :/ I'd rather play town though since I don't think I would do well as scum.
Q5) How do you guys feel about lurkers or liars?

It matters in the situation but generally it will give them a non-scum feel.
Xephoria
Xephoria
Goon
Xephoria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:50 am

Post by Xephoria »

Oh sorry, triple post :/ ah well. @Larry, your other questions were answered above.
Xephoria
Xephoria
Goon
Xephoria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #4) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:02 pm

Post by Xephoria »

I don't know what to post. At all. @Zenax I don't understand why I'm being voted. Xenoria? @.@ Spell it right
Xephoria
Xephoria
Goon
Xephoria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #5) » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:30 pm

Post by Xephoria »

@Chrimi Am I a fish? :3
If you're going to vote me for not voting yet I shall ask you to post more
Xephoria
Xephoria
Goon
Xephoria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (isolation #6) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:36 am

Post by Xephoria »

<.< This is my second game :I I haven't really grasped scum-hunting yet. But I'm sorry, I'll make an attempt.
Xephoria
Xephoria
Goon
Xephoria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (isolation #7) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:13 am

Post by Xephoria »

@Zenax At that time I wasn't reading much into it and didn't mind their argument since I couldn't have really done or added anything to it.
I'm not doing much because I don't have any reads other than gut reads but if thats what you want, just ask. :/
Xephoria
Xephoria
Goon
Xephoria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (isolation #8) » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:13 pm

Post by Xephoria »

Alright well tomorrow I'll make my reads but honestly, they're going to be crappy because some of the people haven't posted or done much (including me) and they'll mostly be gut.
Xephoria
Xephoria
Goon
Xephoria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (isolation #9) » Wed May 02, 2012 11:36 am

Post by Xephoria »

2 people replacing? Mhmm. Cya Larry, good luck Asher. I'm sorry, yesterday I was busy and couldn't post. Today I'll try but for the next few days I'm going to be quite busy, sorry. :|
Xephoria
Xephoria
Goon
Xephoria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (isolation #10) » Fri May 04, 2012 3:43 pm

Post by Xephoria »

Sorry guys, was busy with some stuff. I'll be much more active now.
@Chrimi- I don't understand your play-style :| You seem to not really care if you get lynched or something else but I'm not sure. I don't see much of a reason to vote unless it gets near the end of the day.

@Llud- Please, don't take this offensively but could you post a little more? I shouldn't be saying this since my posts aren't very useful. It's just that I can't get much of a read on you.
Xephoria
Xephoria
Goon
Xephoria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (isolation #11) » Sat May 05, 2012 3:42 am

Post by Xephoria »

@Voided I don't see much of a problem in it, it seems to get some decent responses and gets the game moving.
Xephoria
Xephoria
Goon
Xephoria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (isolation #12) » Tue May 08, 2012 2:05 pm

Post by Xephoria »

-.- Been busy, can't find time to post something and read through peoples posts to make reads. Tomorrow I hopefully can, don't expect much.
Xephoria
Xephoria
Goon
Xephoria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (isolation #13) » Thu May 10, 2012 10:55 am

Post by Xephoria »

Damn, so much replacements. Anyways, welcome :P You probably don't have much of a read on me, sorry >.> I'll attempt to make reads or suspicions now. Most will come from gut reads. Not really going to do a read of the people who came in and replaced. That leaves Chrimi, Twisted, and Voided.

Chrimi- I don't mind you doing anything in the beginning. Now you're posting a lot and I don't see anything bad.

Twisted- Just my opinion; why do you and voided post so much about old games and stuff, makes others unable to join the convo :| just sayin'. I'm not really sure about you at all as to town or scum.

Voided- I have no problem with you at all; for now. We need someone like you very badly who gets conversations going and gets people to talk. Not saying I don't think you're scum, just that even if you are, you seem to be helping town.? But, a gut read makes me think scum :|
Xephoria
Xephoria
Goon
Xephoria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (isolation #14) » Fri May 11, 2012 3:03 pm

Post by Xephoria »

I guess I'm willing to lynch TS but that would most likely be right before day 1 ends, not any earlier. It really doesn't seem like anyone who replaced in will be lynched.
Xephoria
Xephoria
Goon
Xephoria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (isolation #15) » Sun May 13, 2012 9:29 am

Post by Xephoria »

Alright, reads on the people who replaced in. It's probably all going to be minor suspicions and mostly that I don't see anything scummy.

Axxle- Since the beginning he's been quite active and helpful, I don't see anything scummy with him.

Bonooru- I understand his feel, I honestly like him can't get much scummy reads. But still, he has to post at least something or try even if it's gut. Same goes to me :P It's better than doing nothing, it's going to make you look more scummy and not help town at all. For now I guess I don't have much suspicions on him.

I have no idea about elmo @.@

Kondi- I somewhat agree with him on the TS thing, I have some suspicions on TS too. I also don't fully understand why your supporting me :P Thanks though ^^ It could be because your scum and know that I'm pretty bad at scum-hunting. :3

NurC- Seems like a genuine person :P Hasn't posted in 2 days but otherwise seems town.

Overall I really have little except small suspicions on TS as to why he won't role tell after L-1
Xephoria
Xephoria
Goon
Xephoria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (isolation #16) » Mon May 14, 2012 11:13 am

Post by Xephoria »

Haha, thanks for the backup Kondi :3 Making me laugh so much. I think I'm being voted cause I'm not posting much solid stuff? Well like I've said before it's mostly because I can't find much to post <.<
Xephoria
Xephoria
Goon
Xephoria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (isolation #17) » Mon May 14, 2012 12:58 pm

Post by Xephoria »

Every post he posts is only when he's asked for & it contains nothing to do with the game except
"Thanks for buddying me kondi :3"
Hehe. True ;P made me laugh. Don't need to defend me that far as to get you lynched Kondi.

We do have some decent information so I currently won't go to lynch Bonooru even though he hasn't posted much. I would do that if we didn't have much suspicions plus I don't see him as too scummy. Doesn't mean I'm not watching you @.@

About elmo, are his votes getting results? If not I can see him as suspicious but if he's changing them without getting any info or much reason I don't see a problem.

Voided? Well I would rather not lynch him today without some decent proof. He's got quite some talking going on so he helps in the beginning of the game. Plus I don't have much of a read on him.
Xephoria
Xephoria
Goon
Xephoria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (isolation #18) » Wed May 16, 2012 1:54 pm

Post by Xephoria »

Gaah, deadline. Ermmm.... Chrimi, just because Kondi is buddying me, won't mean I wont lynch him. I'll admit it, his buddying has made me somewhat not suspect him as much, sorry, I'll be sure to look into him too.
I honestly have no idea who to lynch. I'm willing to hammer if anyone needs since it doesn't seem like I can find anyone who I suspect enough to vote. I'm definitely against a no-lynch today.
Fine, what are 3 the posts which have pinged your scumdar the most this game?
I think this is from TS? Sorry for the extremely late response (I believe). I have to post this before deadline, I'll try to answer on day 2? (if I'm alive :3) I honestly don't know so I need some time to think and review the posts. During night I'll be sure to read up and build some substantial scum-reads/votes.
Xephoria
Xephoria
Goon
Xephoria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (isolation #19) » Wed May 16, 2012 1:55 pm

Post by Xephoria »

I honestly don't know what to do. Someone help? Should I hammer Bonooru? If no one responds I'm going to hammer.
Xephoria
Xephoria
Goon
Xephoria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (isolation #20) » Mon May 21, 2012 11:24 am

Post by Xephoria »

Hehe, game seemed to get intense somehow :3 I don't understand Kondi's talk of a sure-win clearly but I assume it's going well for town? Wait doesn't jailing just protect them? How do you know if he's town? o.o Coming up with reads ^^
Xephoria
Xephoria
Goon
Xephoria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (isolation #21) » Tue May 22, 2012 3:07 pm

Post by Xephoria »

Gaah. No time. @Axxle I didn't vote for Bon because I didn't know what to think of him. If you want me to expand on that just ask.

I'll try and post some reads tommorow <.< Sorry.
Xephoria
Xephoria
Goon
Xephoria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (isolation #22) » Wed May 23, 2012 2:18 pm

Post by Xephoria »

Crap. Just for others, is there quite a chance that Kondi is playing a gambit? I don't think he is but I just want to make sure. I feel like it's gotten more relaxed :P Sorry, tommorow I'll try my best to post something of worth.
Xephoria
Xephoria
Goon
Xephoria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (isolation #23) » Thu May 24, 2012 2:37 pm

Post by Xephoria »

It doesn't seem like you guys are going to post much :P I would like to see what you see is scummy in axxle. Not implying that I think hes town just that I don't see anything at all :3 Voided n' Chrimi n' Axxle? (assuming Kondi is not lying.) I don't even have a gut read on this -.-
Xephoria
Xephoria
Goon
Xephoria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #606 (isolation #24) » Fri May 25, 2012 10:50 am

Post by Xephoria »

Voided n' Chrimi n' Axxle? (assuming Kondi is not lying.) I don't even have a gut read on this -.- <---- I'm saying that if Kondi is not lying then you guys are the people I will vote. I don't know who to vote, I don't even have a gut read on you three.
Xephoria
Xephoria
Goon
Xephoria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (isolation #25) » Fri May 25, 2012 10:50 am

Post by Xephoria »

Crap, forgot Elmo. His play is weird >.> Same for him. Sorry if it was that hard to understand o.o
Xephoria
Xephoria
Goon
Xephoria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (isolation #26) » Sat May 26, 2012 10:11 am

Post by Xephoria »

@Elmo Gut reads? One on you currently. I did ISO's on the four of you with more recent posts and got nothing.
Xephoria
Xephoria
Goon
Xephoria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (isolation #27) » Sat May 26, 2012 2:35 pm

Post by Xephoria »

I'm sorry, voided >.> I honestly can't find anything scummy about anyone who is not confirmed town. ISO's etc, I don't see anything. I'll try again but I just want to make sure you understand that. I do agree though we need more discussion.
Xephoria
Xephoria
Goon
Xephoria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (isolation #28) » Sat May 26, 2012 3:28 pm

Post by Xephoria »

I don't know why, maybe cause of inexperience? This is my second game but in my previous game I only survived one day and got lynched :P I can though agree with others reasoning and sometimes find someone scummy. Or maybe it's because I don't look closely enough, I'm not sure >.> If I knew why I can't; I would fix it so I could be more helpful ._.
Xephoria
Xephoria
Goon
Xephoria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #700 (isolation #29) » Sat May 26, 2012 3:44 pm

Post by Xephoria »

Who is batman? I don't think I'm lurking, am I? I certainly am fence sitting but I don't just read the thread and not post. I only do that when I'm busy and if I do, I usually post later in the day. Elmo, I don't think you've posted much substantial things either :3 (not sure); at least today.

@Voided I know, currently trying. Made me laugh :3 Chrimi? Null. Axxle? V/LA so he can't post much (today). You? I guess I can find something. Elmo? Reason above.
Xephoria
Xephoria
Goon
Xephoria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (isolation #30) » Sat May 26, 2012 3:50 pm

Post by Xephoria »

I dunno, well I don't have strong reads on anyone in this game. I'd rather not lynch Voided unless we have some substantial stuff on him. He does get things done and we could probably lynch him later. So for me the options are elmo and axxle. Axxle, we'll have to wait for. Chrimi, I have no idea.
Xephoria
Xephoria
Goon
Xephoria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (isolation #31) » Sat May 26, 2012 3:55 pm

Post by Xephoria »

I'm confused @.@ Voided, what do you mean by
P-EDIT: I'll give you Elmo, though he gets a pass because he was dealing with a headache. He DID promise some stuff at least today, so I am waiting for that.
P-EDIT2: STOP DOING THIS TO ME!
anyways, to be fair, I don't I have an "insanely" strong townread on you, just enough of one that I'm averse to lynching you.

To reinforce; has elmo posted things with content? His play is weird too.
Xephoria
Xephoria
Goon
Xephoria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (isolation #32) » Sat May 26, 2012 3:56 pm

Post by Xephoria »

How do you edit posts? >.< I quoted all of that but I actually meant the first p-edit, sorry.
Xephoria
Xephoria
Goon
Xephoria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #767 (isolation #33) » Mon May 28, 2012 4:21 am

Post by Xephoria »

Heh. Nice game guys. I know I need to improve :3

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”