Neater Plastic
Neater Plastic
Townie
Neater Plastic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:54 pm

Post by Neater Plastic »

Hello! I'll do the same as emeraldemon and write a post about how I found the site. Games about deception have always been interesting to me, and I've played a bit of Mafia IRL. I found the site from Wikipedia, and it looked like fun. I signed up and got into a game. Then I wrote a post about how I found out about the site. Then I got lynched Day 1. Wait, we're not at that part yet, never mind.
Fun fact: That paragraph used to be about three times as long with no more information. You're welcome for cutting it down.
Now let's all have a gorgeously delightful game of Mafia!
Neater Plastic
Neater Plastic
Townie
Neater Plastic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (isolation #1) » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:42 am

Post by Neater Plastic »

"Mala" is Latin for "evil," so
VOTE: Malakittens
Neater Plastic
Neater Plastic
Townie
Neater Plastic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (isolation #2) » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:08 pm

Post by Neater Plastic »

In post 29, Huntress wrote:@ Mala: Why didn't you join our molliewagon?

@ emerald and NP: What do you think about the wagon on mollie?
I skimmed mollie's meta a bit, and it seems like it's normal for her to go for long periods of time without activity, so I don't think she looks suspicious. I don't really think she needs any more votes on her right now. Of course, I'm a newbie, so if there's any particular reason for that wagon existing I'd like to hear about it.
Neater Plastic
Neater Plastic
Townie
Neater Plastic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (isolation #3) » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:52 pm

Post by Neater Plastic »

Mala's reaction to emerald's post seems pretty town to me, so I'll take my vote off of her.
UNVOTE: Malakittens
Huntress doesn't seem
too
scummy to me, but she does seem the
most
scummy, and I think it best to keep my vote somewhere.
VOTE: Huntress
Reasoning: She seems to be wagoning without actually contributing anything. I don't think it means much this early on, but it's something.
Neater Plastic
Neater Plastic
Townie
Neater Plastic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #66 (isolation #4) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:45 pm

Post by Neater Plastic »

In post 62, pirate mollie wrote:r u being for real or are u trolling me

gm is a top notch player she is setting up early game play so she doesn't have to

she looks nervous, tentative and drops off. <----scum
I don't see her doing any of those things. So far she's voted for TierShift on a hunch, and she's given Rothwell some advice on how to get started. Seems neutral to me.
In post 51, Malakittens wrote:Soooo.
I know this is really early, but I think Huntress is town. Like I think I'm really, really sure.
Duly noted. But shouldn't you take your vote off of her, then?

I was ready to let that vote go anyway, and Malakittens seems pretty trustworthy so far.
UNVOTE: Huntress
And I've got a better vote anyway. That would be...
VOTE: pirate mollie
Not OMGUS, I just don't like the way she's locked onto goodmorning after only three unextraordinary posts. It is a bit weird for her to not even vote for goodmorning, too... That's a bit of a mystery to me. Maybe she wanted to see my reaction, which would be town, or maybe she wanted to look more town by toning down her attack on GM a bit and pretending to be trying to gauge my reaction, which would be scum. I can't tell, but she seems more scum to me because of her arguments against goodmorning.
Neater Plastic
Neater Plastic
Townie
Neater Plastic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #102 (isolation #5) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:11 pm

Post by Neater Plastic »

In post 95, emeraldemon wrote:
Spoiler: Neater Plastic
5 posts.
Votes huntress based on my scumread (I think?), then switches to pirate mollie. Not a lot of content, but a little bit of effort is being made. Null for now.
Thinks malakittens is town (Says seems townish), maybe unvoted huntress on her say. Is this sheeping? Maybe that's fair if mala is his strongest read. Need more content.

@Neater Plastic: you seem to think malakittens is town. She seems to think your read on mollie is wrong (). What do you think about that? Was moving your vote off huntress partially based on malakittens's read?
No, Malakittens didn't actually influence the change. I probably shouldn't have mentioned her when I did that, because she didn't really have anything to do with it. I changed my vote then because I preferred to vote mollie. Which reminds me,
UNVOTE: pirate mollie
I know what some of you will probably think, and no, that change wasn't just because of Malakittens. My gut (which seems to have a broken vacuum tube or something, but it's the best I've got right now, until I get more experience) tells me that mollie doesn't seem so scummy anymore.
Not going to re-vote this time, not until I have a solid read. I decided that my philosophy of keeping your vote somewhere wasn't so good after all, especially if you're indecisive.
Post 72 I'll address sometime soon in another post. I'm taking these one at a time. I'll get out of defensive mode after all of these inquiries have been dealt with.
Neater Plastic
Neater Plastic
Townie
Neater Plastic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (isolation #6) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:11 pm

Post by Neater Plastic »

5 posts.
Votes huntress based on my scumread (I think?), then switches to pirate mollie. Not a lot of content, but a little bit of effort is being made. Null for now.
Thinks malakittens is town (Says seems townish), maybe unvoted huntress on her say. Is this sheeping? Maybe that's fair if mala is his strongest read. Need more content.

@Neater Plastic: you seem to think malakittens is town. She seems to think your read on mollie is wrong (). What do you think about that? Was moving your vote off huntress partially based on malakittens's read?
No, Malakittens didn't actually influence the change. I probably shouldn't have mentioned her when I did that, because she didn't really have anything to do with it. I changed my vote then because I preferred to vote mollie. Which reminds me,
I know what some of you will probably think, and no, that change wasn't just because of Malakittens. My gut (which seems to have a broken vacuum tube or something, but it's the best I've got right now, until I get more experience) tells me that mollie doesn't seem so scummy anymore.
Not going to re-vote this time, not until I have a solid read. I decided that my philosophy of keeping your vote somewhere wasn't so good after all, especially if you're indecisive.
Post 72 I'll address sometime soon in another post. I'm taking these one at a time. I'll get out of defensive mode after all of these inquiries have been dealt with.
Neater Plastic
Neater Plastic
Townie
Neater Plastic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (isolation #7) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:12 pm

Post by Neater Plastic »

In post 103, Neater Plastic wrote:Something I already said
How do I edit or delete this post? I hit submit twice by accident.
Neater Plastic
Neater Plastic
Townie
Neater Plastic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (isolation #8) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:31 pm

Post by Neater Plastic »

In post 73, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 66, Neater Plastic wrote:I don't see her doing any of those things. So far she's voted for TierShift on a hunch, and she's given Rothwell some advice on how to get started. Seems neutral to me.
while I am trying to give her space since she is an IC and fairly new, I think that it is her very neutral approach that is troubling. she seems to be trying to blend in.
Not OMGUS, I just don't like the way she's locked onto goodmorning after only three unextraordinary posts. It is a bit weird for her to not even vote for goodmorning, too... That's a bit of a mystery to me. Maybe she wanted to see my reaction, which would be town, or maybe she wanted to look more town by toning down her attack on GM a bit and pretending to be trying to gauge my reaction, which would be scum. I can't tell, but she seems more scum to me because of her arguments against goodmorning.
I am not "locked down" onto anything. plz don't misrep me like that. my reads are generally pretty fluid as I gather more info.

and I think you are over thinking my motivations and what is funny is that I do this too! I often think scum are more diabolical then they actually
are
and it bites me in the ass every single time.

so your case so far:

1. I think gm is scum
2. you have a different read

so why am I scummy again?
The way you talked to Malakittens about it made you seem very, very convinced that GM is scum. Since she seemed neutral to me, this breach seemed rather suspicious.
Neater Plastic
Neater Plastic
Townie
Neater Plastic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (isolation #9) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:32 pm

Post by Neater Plastic »

In post 105, Neater Plastic wrote:This breach seemed rather suspicious.
"Breach"? I meant "rift." A rift in viewpoints. Seriously, how do I edit these?
Neater Plastic
Neater Plastic
Townie
Neater Plastic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #107 (isolation #10) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:39 pm

Post by Neater Plastic »

In post 101, Huntress wrote:Mala is making me suspicious. NP even more so.
In post 66, Neater Plastic wrote:I was ready to let that vote go anyway, and Malakittens seems pretty trustworthy so far.
UNVOTE: Huntress
And I've got a better vote anyway. That would be...
VOTE: pirate mollie
What made you "ready to let that vote go anyway"? The wording implies that that was a separate decision to your switch to voting mollie. I would also like to see your answer to my question at the end of post .
Sorry, I stupidly thought that the #44 question was rhetorical. :facepalm: The questions were all about the wagon on mollie, which is exactly what I thought was suspicious about you. I was ready to let the vote go because there didn't seem to be much evidence against you. I don't plan on being that trigger-happy with votes anymore, though.
Neater Plastic
Neater Plastic
Townie
Neater Plastic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #112 (isolation #11) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:13 pm

Post by Neater Plastic »

In post 72, Malakittens wrote:How much of her meta did you actually read or look up?
I looked up about four threads, just to see how frequently she usually posts and what her writing style is. Meta didn't affect my vote on her because I couldn't figure anything out based on it.

Now that that load of posts about just one person (me) is done, I can tell you what I've been thinking lately. People who seem interesting to me right now: D_Cobbz and Rothwell, the two main non-contributors. Also both newbies, all of the experienced players seem to be just doing some baffling stuff to try to scumhunt and I can't figure any of them out. I don't think I need to mention that the way D_Cobbz is sheeping TierShift is rather concerning since it's already been mentioned a few times, but it's weird that he's only doing it to TierShift. The only explanations I can think of are that either DC is just acting weird or they're both scum. Maybe DC's trying to get us to think "There's no way he could be that stupid." Or am I overthinking his motives? I probably am.
Rothwell is different. He's much less interesting simply because of the very small volume of information he's giving us. Rothwell, please post more. Even if you feel lost here, inactivity isn't helping, it's just making you look suspicious.

So, there are all of my posts for a while done. Now it's time to watch Doctor Who.
Neater Plastic
Neater Plastic
Townie
Neater Plastic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #113 (isolation #12) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:15 pm

Post by Neater Plastic »

In post 103, Neater Plastic wrote:
5 posts.

@mod: delete this please as it doubled.
Neater Plastic
Neater Plastic
Townie
Neater Plastic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (isolation #13) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:20 pm

Post by Neater Plastic »

So, I had an idea. Instead of using ISOs to judge the players, I decided to do a search on everybody's names to see what other people have had to say about them. Here is a compilation of people's opinions on each player. I hope I didn't miss too many thoughts.

Spoiler: Huntress
Malakittens thinks Huntress is town, or at least claims to. At the start, emeraldemon and I thought she was contributing nothing while pretending to actually contribute something, but since then she has stopped acting like that so much. There doesn't seem to be much suspicion against her at the moment.

Spoiler: emeraldemon
goodmorning thinks that emerald's posting style is suspicious, I think that she means the per-player questions. A lot of what I came up with here was responses to emerald's inquiries and accusations, rather than actual accusations against him.

Spoiler: D_Cobbz
We all know the case against D_Cobbz, I think. He contributes very little and sheeped TierShift in a very suspicious way for a while - can't tell if that's still going on. I couldn't search him properly because it seems that he's often referred to as "DC", which I can't search for because it's under four letters long.

Spoiler: TierShift
GM and Huntress sparked some serious discussion by voting for TierShift without an explanation. It seems that this was their purpose, not suspicion, although Huntress claimed that TierShift looked suspicious early on, see . There is some suspicion that TierShift is scum partners with D_Cobbz. Although this is mostly D_Cobbz's fault, emeraldemon is somewhat suspicious about TierShift's response to DC in because it seemed "like tiershift wants to distance from d_cobbz but doesn't actually want people to pressure him."

Spoiler: goodmorning
emeraldemon liked GM's response to him not mentioning that Malakittens modded 1436, but this post actually brought some suspicion to them both because it seemed, to quote Tier, like "a way to make goodmorning look townish while at the same time distancing [himself] from her." pirate mollie seemed to strongly believe that goodmorning was scum, but she didn't give very... intelligible... reasons. TierShift thought that GM looked suspicious because she wasn't giving out much information, and seemed too defensive. However, he changed his mind when she said that she was just waiting and gathering evidence. emerald seems to agree with TierShift. Malakittens, however, it suspicious of GM because she thinks that GM is "grasping."

Spoiler: Rothwell
Lurker, lurker, lurker. Wherever you look, that's what Rothwell's being called, because we have little else to see about him. He has received many pressure votes. Some people have shown that they believe in the possibility of Rothwell being a lost newbie as he claims, but suspicion against him is growing.

Spoiler: pirate mollie
A wagon on mollie got started around the beginning for reasons that nobody answered my question about, although emeraldemon thought that it was strange that mollie didn't confirm. After mollie and Mala had a discussion about goodmorning, I decided that mollie seemed suspicious because she was too intent on GM being scum. Malakittens seemed to disagree, but then she conceded that perhaps I was right, although she didn't say that she thought mollie to actually be scum. TierShift doesn't like mollie's posting style, and although he didn't say that it seemed suspicious in itself, he did say that she needed to produce more content.

Spoiler: Malakittens
I decided that Mala was probably town pretty early on. She read Huntress as supertown, which Huntress found slightly suspicious, and then admitted that this was buddying. Some people are suspicious about the relationship between Mala and me in this game, since I said she seemed town and appeared to sheep her (which, I might add, was not what I was actually doing). It seems like suspicion against Mala in this game is composed of thin layers, and she doesn't have much opposition.

I won't do one for myself, you can look that up on your own. People probably wouldn't trust it, anyway.
Neater Plastic
Neater Plastic
Townie
Neater Plastic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #159 (isolation #14) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:29 pm

Post by Neater Plastic »

In post 138, Rothwell wrote:
In post 136, Neater Plastic wrote:
Spoiler: Rothwell
Some people have shown that they believe in the possibility of Rothwell being a lost newbie as he claims, but suspicion against him is growing.
For future reference, I never claimed this.
In post 92, Rothwell wrote:
In post 71, Malakittens wrote:One has already admitted to lurking; which can be taken two ways. He's mafia and scared to post or he's town and is lost.
The 2nd option is better.
Sure, you said "better", not "correct", but if you didn't actually mean that it was correct, what other options are there?
Neater Plastic
Neater Plastic
Townie
Neater Plastic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #160 (isolation #15) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:47 pm

Post by Neater Plastic »

In post 137, Huntress wrote:What conclusions do you draw from all that?
I can't really draw any conclusions from that post. Now I know why I haven't seen anybody else do that before.
In post 148, pirate mollie wrote:i have huntress as strong town.
Since Malakittens has the same opinion but can't seem to explain it, I'd like to hear why you think this.
In post 131, Malakittens wrote:
In post 130, goodmorning wrote: I am referring to the type of question and the depth thereof.
You're grasping. It's also making my whiskers tingle. It makes me possibly think Mollie's right and you could be scum afterall.
By "grasping", do you mean just this post or GM's playstyle in throughout the game? If it's just this post, what's special about it?

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”