theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:07 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Vote Jules

Because I've never heard of anyone else.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:32 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Jules nice OMGUS vote there.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #18 (isolation #2) » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:49 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

CountArach wrote:
Unvote, Vote: UltimaAvalon

By voting for himself, he is trying to make himself look innocent, hoping no one else would vote for him, thinking that he is just an expendable townie.
Not much is happening is it.

Mind I think the Count has a point.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #22 (isolation #3) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:44 am

Post by theopor_COD »

My take on it is that UA is waiting for some poor unsuspecting townie to do just that, place the third vote, then he can jump on him.

FOS UA
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #34 (isolation #4) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:35 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Everyone should be voting Jules it's the wise thing to do.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #37 (isolation #5) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:49 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Just is.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #39 (isolation #6) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:04 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

I don't think anyone's in any danger of being pushed to -1, not yet anyhow. I've read quite a few newbie games and it seems to be the main reason why scum wins.

Long days are good for the town, the more info the better.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #42 (isolation #7) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:35 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Got Tonkaed wrote:game is starting to slow just a tad....i still dont think UA is all that guilty or at least hasnt really crumpled under the small amount of pressure that has been put on so far.

I still think there are more suspicious players and we dont really have enough to go on if UA does turn out to be town that will helps us going into day two yet.
This post is ringing a few alarm bells, the most so far anyhow. Just seems that your angling for a quick lynch of some kind, you also refer to there being more suspicious players but fail to name them, please do.

Being as my vote for Jules was totally random, well aside from the fact I know him and he always votes for me at every opportunity first up, I think your now more deserving of it.
Vote Got Tonkaed
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #48 (isolation #8) » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:40 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

GT - I'm not an IC but I can see that I've misread the first sentance of your post. I think if Count's played say quicker games elsewhere, maybe he was unsure of the mechanics of this one here. For instance I play on another site where deadlines usually last no longer than a day, it tends to end up being up a crapshoot without any logic involved. I'll
unvote
anyhow, prob do a quick PBPB later.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #63 (isolation #9) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:53 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

theo votes jules
count votes tyfo
ultima self votes
count votes ultima for the self vote, arguing ultima by self voting is trying to make himself look innocent by self voting. from experience self voting actually puts more suspicion on you
ultima doesn't omgus ca back for the vote. I half expected him to.
tyfo votes gt, ignores the early discussion
jules no surprise votes theo and fos's count for the self vote, in contrast to count.
13 is odd from ultima. scum are just as likely to self vote in the random stage
count agrees with ultima, that self voting is wifom
lossy checks in asks jules if the fos on ultima is random, some defence maybe?
gt checks in slight fos on count for i presume voting ultima for his self vote
theo post 18 is more to raise things than nothing else, as i say self voting isn't the best way of making yourself look innocent
count next post agrees
ultima calls out count in the next post for relentless suspicion, it's hardly relentless at present, more mild scepticism
jules wants to vote ultima but doesn't due him being at -2
theo posts that ultima is laying some kind of trap, not in so many words mind
ultima unvotes and votes count, fos on theo, ignores jules. I havent really picked up any vibes from count so far of suggestions of a quick lynch. not really keen on his reasoning for where scum would appear on a wagon, from my experience it depends on the player and information, early lynches id agree scum are likely to be the hammer, but i've seen plenty of games where town have hammered needlessly
gt calls out count for some quick lynch tactics, yet again i havent seen them, if putting someone at 2 votes is a quick lynch tactic then we'll never get anywhere
jules 27 confirms my thoughts
ultima replies to the quick lynch thoughts and highlights the post so far post 19
lossy votes ultima - reasoning that ultima is trying not to appear scummy
gt comments that game is starting to slow, this seems to me as scummy as 19 from count, doesn't attack ultima, comments that other people are scummy but fails to mention them, some defence of ultima. despite the lack of a real case against ultima.
jules prods gt for previous post, then responds to ultima
theo posts randomly again to get things moving kind of
lossy continues a kind of attack at ultima
gt concerned that ultima would reach -1, currently i see no danger of that
quite like 40 from ultima
not sure why count unvotes straight after pretty much after ultima raises suspicion, seems slightly scummy
theo calls out gt for so called wish to speed the game up
lossy defends gt, comments that gt is pushing for a longer day, where did he say that? he then attacks count
tyfo again defends gt, attacks count, asks gt for his suspicions
gt responds to my vote, seems reasonable, mind everyone seems to still be after count for a supposed wish to quick lynch, i still dont see it
count seems genuine in 47, even though i dont think he was overly pushing for a lynch
ultima not a fan of bandwaggoning in 51, calls out gt
jules attacking ultima slightly
ultima responds commenting on his style so far
dont understand 56 from lossy, if i had two votes?
tyfo and count both throw some dirt at ultima for his playstyle of jumping at shadows and backing away being as its relatively random i see nout wrong with it
59 from gt points this out
ultima's next post is again confirming that he's stil pretty much acting randomly
jules unvotes theo, why so long eh

overall im still not feeling anything much, i'd like some cheesecake and as no one really sticks out glaringly i'll
vote tyfo
only because he's a supposed IC and hasn't been overly helpful.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #67 (isolation #10) » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:00 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Here. Mind I can't remember what's been lost aside from the replacement.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #74 (isolation #11) » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:13 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Tonkead I'm not certain on CA but I don't think he's been overly pushing for a lynch, he explained he'd played quicker games elsewhere so I don't see anything he's done so far as overly scummy. I'm not defending anyone, but I'm not going to go all out attack for something I find pretty miniscule.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #104 (isolation #12) » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:50 am

Post by theopor_COD »

I don't think a deadline is neccessary yet, my last newbie game took forever and as town it proved to be helpful having a very long drawn out day, the more information we get the better for future days. So I don't like Undo's push for one, especially as he's just replaced in and done little else analysis wise. It's pretty hard to catch scum day one unless the slip up but a lot easier to catch them in endgame with longer days.

unvote, vote undo
Mainly because he's replaced in voted for an inactive in Tyfo and then asked about the deadline.

We also need Tyfo to check in, I'm surprised Jules has been replaced for inactivity and Tyfo not. I'll try and re-read everyone in isolation today or tomorrow and get a better picture of everyone.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #105 (isolation #13) » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:51 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Undo can you do a quick analysis on everyone pretty much like Arkest did when he replaced.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #114 (isolation #14) » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:22 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

CountArach wrote:Hello Yosarian.

FoS: theopor_COD and undo

They are voting for the least active person. now consider this. If they were scum, wouldn't they be more active? I understand that there is a chance that they could be sitting there, watching us argue amongst ourselves, but still. I doubt they just wouldn't post.

Just a thought.
Fact.

I was voting Tyfo for a lack of appearence as an IC, plus nothing had overly stood out in my opinion so my vote was as good there as anywhere.

Now I'm voting Undo for a supposed wish for a deadline, he's not been unactive since he joined so that post is pretty flawed don't ya think.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #118 (isolation #15) » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:03 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Arkest I missed it I do apologise. Mind I remember answering a similar kind of accusation in the posts that were lost.

My recap post was just that a quick personal thought process, I didn't put a great deal of effort into and haven't analysed everyone individually. I dind't think Count was overly pushing for a lynch within a few posts of the game starting, I dind't find it overly scummy, mind I still don't think I've been overly defensive towards him more that I haven't been aggressive towards to him unlike Ultima and yourself.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #148 (isolation #16) » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:19 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Count's dissapearance has occured with suspicion and votes dieing down on him. Gives me a vibe of avoidance on purpose hoping to see things develop without offering any input.

Unvote Undo, Vote Count
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #154 (isolation #17) » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:34 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

My vote on undo was generally for his FOS on me for getting his facts wrong.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #164 (isolation #18) » Tue May 01, 2007 11:10 am

Post by theopor_COD »

I'm getting my wires crossed meant this post from Count really should read back rather than work on memory

CountArach wrote:Hello Yosarian.

FoS: theopor_COD and undo

They are voting for the least active person. now consider this. If they were scum, wouldn't they be more active? I understand that there is a chance that they could be sitting there, watching us argue amongst ourselves, but still. I doubt they just wouldn't post.

Just a thought.
I was voting Undo for his eagerness for a deadline.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #171 (isolation #19) » Wed May 02, 2007 4:25 am

Post by theopor_COD »

unvote

Out of respect for the new guy.

What's that 5 replacements aswell poor showing.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #173 (isolation #20) » Wed May 02, 2007 4:46 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Interesting is that all you have to say at present?
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #192 (isolation #21) » Thu May 03, 2007 9:27 am

Post by theopor_COD »

I will promise to re-read this game tomorrow as it's getting away from me due to the speed of posts. I'm not used to it lol.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #211 (isolation #22) » Fri May 04, 2007 1:50 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Arkest strikes me as pro-town.

Dave McW/Count doesn't.

vote Dave McW

I will post a lenghty pbpb when I've tidied it up.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #228 (isolation #23) » Sun May 06, 2007 1:04 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

unvote

My vote on Dave was just to test his reaction. Seems pretty genuine.

I haven't actually got round to doing a full re-read yet, (due inpart to the wads of content) but have about 30 hours on a train next week so promise something this week by Tuesday/Wednesday say . . .
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #237 (isolation #24) » Mon May 07, 2007 9:19 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Dave what do you make of Count's early play? Plenty of people found him scummy namely Arkest, Ultima and Tyfo. Do you now your the new Count feel it was warranted?

Having reviewed the thread once the first few pages seem to be where most of the information will be gleaned, replacements have come in and had a chance to see how everyone's been playing.

More to come . . . when I've analysed it again.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #238 (isolation #25) » Mon May 07, 2007 9:36 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

P.S that will be approx 12 hours time for all of you who think I'm avoiding this game content wise, which due to time frames I have been. I'm in about 10 games so apologies if I'm not posting every day like you keen newbies.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #241 (isolation #26) » Tue May 08, 2007 1:28 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Okay. I've started to plough through the thread - the following is just from posts 1 - 75. I still need to take a closer look at the posts following that. I've anaylsed 76 - 150 but not added thoughts yet.

Page 1 -

Random voting. Theo votes Jules, Count votes Tyfo, Ultima self votes in Post 8 he says it's the most random thing you can do with a vote.
UltimaAvalon wrote:Heh. I was going to vote myself anyway, claiming it to be the most random of random votes I could think of
It's hardly random if you know you're going to do it. Count votes Ultima on the back of his self vote. Ultima responds with
UltimaAvalon wrote:I think I'll keep my vote where it is for now, as I believe nay other action I take would only make me look more suspicious.

I think keeping the self vote looks more suspicious personally. Tyfo checks in and ignores the opening exchanges votes GT. Jules OMGUS vote on Theo, FOS on Ultima, no vote as it would then be a third on Ultima. Lossy attacks Jules for his FOS next up some defence of Ultima. GT then attacks Count for the second vote on Ultima another defence of sorts for Ultima. Count's post here attracts attention in the next few pages
CountArach wrote:I think it is the best bet we have at this point.

Ultima calls him out for it next post, calls it relentless persecution. Jules wants Ultima to unvote, possibly so he can hop on. 24 from Ultima is attacking Count and Me. Calls us out as a possible scum pair and moves his vote. I don't really understand the post regarding to where the likely scum will appear on a wagon, in my experience they appear anywhere. Townies are just as likely to hammer.
UltimaAvalon wrote:Count really jumped the gun with the whole self-voting thing, which I still view as completely harmless. Nevertheless, his posts seem to suggest a Page 1 quicklynch, which is absolutely scummy.

Although he didn't do much more than agree with Count, Theo is a more experienced player, and was wise enough to know that joining in with the voting would raise alarms that the two are scum buddies.

Page 2 -

GT attacks Count for a second time over the quick-lynch tactics.
Got Tonkaed wrote:I think count should have to defend himself for some quick lynch tactics and for deciding that the line was the best that we could take on a day one lynch when its still a pretty early spot in the game

so FOS Count arach
Jules points out that Count hasn't been overly pushing for a quick lynch and asks for reference to it. Ultima responds next up that Count's post 19 is the one. I'd agree looking back that it was scummy but I don't it means he's neccesarily pushing to lynch at this stage. Lossy throws his vote at Ultima, reason makes sense. Ultima appears slightly defensive in 30. GT ignores the Count issue in 31 here and doesn't attack Ultima, partial defence of him, possible scum partners
Got Tonkaed wrote:game is starting to slow just a tad....i still dont think UA is all that guilty or at least hasnt really crumpled under the small amount of pressure that has been put on so far.

I still think there are more suspicious players and we dont really have enough to go on if UA does turn out to be town that will helps us going into day two yet.
His second comment re- the more suspicious players pings my scumdar slighlty, mainly that he doesn't name anyone, kind of throwing a blanket over people, looks to be hunting scum but doesn't. Jules pulls him up on this. GT responds to Jules in 38 that we ought to be looking at other avenues, possibly wanting to divert the attention away from Count or Ultima. He doesn't pursue anyone else however.

40 is another attack from Ultima at Count over the self vote thing and then a dissapearance. I'm not seeing these two as a scum team. Although 41 from Count is ever so scummy he unvotes Ultima but the use of "seemed the best lynch choice" is certainly worthy of attention.
CountArach wrote:
Unvote: UltimaAvalon

Unvoted himself but didn't jump onto a bandwagon.

Alright, I voted for you because it was all that we had to go on at that point. I am used o playing games with limited time day periods, so am not used to having this chance to have so much discussion. That is why I was looking for more people to vote for you, because you seemed the best lynch choice.
Theo attacks GT for post 31. Lossy defends him commenting that GT seems pro-town. I haven't seen much evidence yet. He also attacks Count for 41 which is reasonable. Tyfo chimes in and attacks Count and defends GT. Ultima then attacks Count and throws an FOS at Jules but doesn't explain why. GT responds to my vote and comments that I misread his post re- his suspicions but not naming anyone. He names Count but posts that Lossy and Tyfo are not suspicious.

Count gets defensive in 47. I like Jules post 49.

Page 3

Ultima throws an FOS at GT. From where I am at present Ultima and Count appear the scummiest but that's likely due to their prominence in the postings. GT little defensive in 53. Jules keeps up his attack at Ultima for backtracking. Ultima explains he likes to appear random and throw attacks about, jump at shadows and the like. This is contradictory to his earlier post with regard the self - vote. Self voting is hardly jumping at shadows now is it.

Lossy wants to stick another vote on Ultima and both Lossy and Tyfo call Ultima out on his randomness. He Ultima promises to stop it. GT defends Ultima

Ultima responds to Jules that he doesn't remember recall posting an FOS. Slightly odd - backtracks again.

Looking back at 63 which was my first read back, not much has changed. I got attacked later by Arkest for my so called defence of Count. Now on reflection I'm finding Ultima's behaviour much more scummy and one of those attacking Count is much more likely to be scum than the Count himself. Hence it could be GT or Tyfo. Lossy attacks both at certain times so I'm getting a more pro-town vibe from him, Arkest has since replaced Lossy and I still think that rings true.

GT continues suspicion of Count ignores everyone else, can't see these two as a scum pair. 66 from Ultima picks on GT's defense of him.

We then have the crash. Before GT pipes up in 69 that he'll be more active seems an odd thing to say being as I'd not found him overly inactive not compared to say me, Jules or Tyfo. Arkest signs in again 71. His first post is good, picks at GT for his suspicions statement but no evidence and he points out my supposed defence of CA. I still don't think Count was overly pushing for a lynch mind having re-read 41, I can see why people think he may have been.

GT jumps out and links me following Arkest's post, comment that me and Count are a possible scum pair, second time a player has done this, hence more of a link between GT and Ultima. Adding that if I'm scum it will reveal a lot about the game, hmm like what that townies can defend townies.

After Page 3 the following are top of my list - Ultima and GT. Town vibes - Arkest. Count I'm leaning more town. Not sure on - Jules and Tyfo.

More to come . . . and hopefully the scum pair silenced later. But Pickem who replaced GT and Ultima could very well be my top suspects.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #246 (isolation #27) » Wed May 09, 2007 1:52 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Ok moving on, although I did notice during my re-read that the game seems to be split into two and very little has been discussed with regard the original starting players. People may change but alignments don't.

I start by answering Arkest's accusations of me defending Count. I'm still not seeing his post 19 as especially pushing for a lynch, mind I've noted that 41 is pretty damn scummy from CA. 76 don't like seems GT is throwing stones at two targets and hoping one of them will lead to a wagon on me or Count. Mind I don't understand the last sentence.

Ultima's 77 is odd
UltimaAvalon wrote:Can't we just kill someone for the sake of information and...oh, I don't know....something
actually happening
? Seriously, we've been here a month and just now broke page 4
Wonder if he still feels like that now we've reached page 10. I'd say this was more worthy of pushing for a lynch than anything Count did. Arkest doesn't attack UA for the post asks UA who we should lynch he suggest Count, next post Arkest changes from UA to Count uses the possible Count and Theo scum pair, do you still feel this Arkest now Dave has replaced or was this just early stage suspicion? I also find it slightly weird that you call me as Count's scumpartner but then throw an FOS at Tyfo. Arkest continues the CA attack in 84 and 87, mind I'd expect town to do it as much scum, Count has posted some scummy things so far.

Ho ho Undo appears.

89 gives me a nervous kind of vibe. Couple of hello posts, also a scummy post from Arkest
Arkest wrote:I am starting to understand the urge to lynch lurkers I've seen in other games though.
undo posts no content, can't seem to get a grasp on the game, just says he's confused. Ultima posts a kind of helpful post but it's no content more just an explanation for undo of why he may find things confusing. undo votes tyfo for supposed lurking, doesn't make any comment on the previous 4 or so pages or his predeccesor.

undo's next post really sets alarm bells going, still no content from him and then
undo wrote:Wouldn't it be better to impose a deadline or something?
Gets a vague attack from Arkest from it. I'm pretty clear in 104 what I think of undo so far, this still holds true, no content and wishes for a deadline, votes a lurker = equals pretty scummy. undo avoids analysing the early stages after I press him on it.

Yos replaces Tyfo. His first post 110 strikes me as pretty similar to how I felt with regard to the opening exchanges, so plus points straight off for Yosarian.

113 - Count decides its time to appear scummy again and accuses me and undo of voting the lurker, which is incorrect being as I'm not. Still no analysis forthcoming from undo and he's still confused in 119
undo wrote:I've read the game again. 'tis too confusing. I'm sorry, I can't understand anything. :cry:
He also unvotes tyfo after the attack from Count, although Yos's replacement may be due to this. 120 from Arkest is good and he as Yos gets similar vibe to me on the opening exchanges. Yos then attacks GT and Arkest follows it up with some more possible suspicion to throw at him.
Yosarian2 wrote:At the point, the most suspicious thing I see is that one odd post of Got Tankerd, where he defended UA by saying there were "most suspicious people" when no one else had really done anything yet. Can you clarify that, Got Tankerd?
Arkest wrote:Got Tonkaed was also fairly quick to jump on my accusation against theopor. It seemed a bit strange that he would do what was essentially an "I agree with the above and vote" post when the person making the argument (me) didn't feel it was a strong enough case to vote for.
Ultima admits to confusion, its either that or he doesn't want to comment on anything to me.

Yos points out the holes in Ultima's early play and then votes GT
Yosarian2 wrote:The problem I have with your early game play here is that you seemed a little too focused on trying not to look scummy, and that can be a scum tell. I mean, you were afraid to unvote yourself on the grounds that people might be suspicious of it, which seems odd.
Undo 128 agrees with Yos. Arkest follows that with another attack at undo, possible partner of Ultima, mind Arkest is more town to me. His attack is pretty well rounded and he votes undo, I agree with the post, undo has been scummy since joining and hasn't brought anything in content wise. Ultima responds to Yos
UltimaAvalon wrote:I really don't care whether I "appear" to be pro-town or not. I have my reasons for acting as I did and my "appearance" wasn't a factor. I stopped because my actions were contributing more to the general confusion that has gripped this game with its death talons of hate.
Which is in contrast to his earlier post with regard the self voting thing, Yos brings it up in 131. UA defends himself and pretty much puts some effort in for this time this game. UA users "not sober" as an excuse for his self-vote post. It's possible that was the reason so I'll believe it, if he'd posted it at 9am then I wouldn't but 10.30pm I can. undo votes Ultima. Pickem replaces GT. Not much changed my opinion on GT, he wasn't overly pro-town hence I have him more in the scum camp. Pickem's first post is a of dirt thrown around "so and so is scummy" but he doesn't want to make any accusations, to not appear scummy my guess
pickemgenius wrote:So.... after rereading this jumble of posts, I am aware this is my first game of this type, and that it appears that posts=good. So with keeping it that simple, it's appearing that recently this game has been shifted to three main people: Undo, UltimaAvalon, and CountArach. You could throw the guy that I replaced was getting talked about, but only for the absence of him. So (got to love sentences that start with So.) I am feeling that in reading this that it is good, and bad to throw accusations around on people, so it is in the best interest for the town, that I wait for more development before I start making decisions, and start making accusations on people.
Arkest responds to undo, I'm not going to get into much of this convo between em, it seems to drag on and on. Pickem defends Ultima in 141 (possible scum pair)
pickemgenius wrote:Personally I'm thinking Ultima is pretty pro-town. To vote someone
only
because it's
"fun"
is kinda odd if i must say so. I think Ultima has given alot of content and doesn't require a vote from you to get more, cause people were already on him for posting to much....
Do point out where you find Ultima as pro-town and point out his content posts? He may have been posting a lot but from what I can tell most of it was rubbish, a so called muddying of the waters, looking to throw suspicion about but not really attacking anyone. Yos pulls up Pickem for his unwillingness to throw accusations about, I'm getting a very good vibe from Yos, more so than normal and he normally appears town, even when we were both on the same scum team hehe.

Arkest continues the attack on undo, which is still fair, but I'm just getting a really confused vibe from undo, almost like people are picking on the fat kid at school. I decide to turn up. I'm liking Arkest 149.

150 more defence of Ultima from Pickem, votes onto the undo wagon, incidentally timed just after I hopped off. So maybe he was scared to push undo to 3, but again the picking on the fat kid theme rings for me here. Arkest prods me, undo gets over defensive to me in 155, but again he seems to be genuine to me and that post actually seems pretty good. Yos continues to be the voice of reason, Pickem continues the attack at undo. Arkest pulls me up quite correctly in 160, I reply that I should really read back before posting.

Pickem places an FOS on Count, he follows my post on Count's dissapearance being convenient, maybe looking to join another wagon, he's pretty much ignored me, Arkest and Yos since joining in, defended Ultima and now attacked undo and Count.

Dave replaces Count.

More to come - although I'm definately leaning towards a scum pair of Pickemgenius and Ultima Avalon. I've done stuff on the last three pages just need to type it up, my thoughts don't change much, one interesting thing though is where Dave points out Pickem's specific content posts in 216 they all relate to a defence of Ultima. Very interesting, anyway more later as I say.

Vote Pickemgenius
This will unlikely change, I'd be happy to vote Ultima. Don't feel a lynch on anyone else, yes undo appears scummy but I'm not sure whether he's town or scum, leaning towards town being picked on.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #249 (isolation #28) » Wed May 09, 2007 3:57 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

If it was shameless bandwaggoning I wouldn't put any effort into it. I'd just pipe up and say yep Pickem looks scummy lets vote him. I've been through the first 175 with a toothpick and you and Ultima stand out most, you in part due to your predeccesors behaviour admittedly.

Even though my vote has pushed you to -1. I'm happy doing it because I think your scum. If you turn up town then I'll have to re-evaluate but out of the seven players you and Avalon are sticking out far more than anyone else.

FOS from my experience, isn't just a Yo either, it's more of a I'm finding you damn suspicious keep it up and I'll sling my vote there. Do go ahead and explain to me where you find Ultima to be pro-town and point out his posts full of content as you imply in 141.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #255 (isolation #29) » Wed May 09, 2007 4:53 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

You sure are getting overly defensive.

I hadn't even read page 10 when I formed an opinion on you. Infact I formed an opinion on you as scum before you even joined the game, your predeccesor striked me as scummy.

You imply above that you've changed your mind on UA. Well you would after it's been noted that you've been defending him solidly during the day, as Got Tankoed did also. I don't need to pull up 141 because you posted that before you changed your mind on UA looking pro-town and posting content you did not elaborate at the time, who gives a shit what you think about him now, then you felt otherwise, now it's been pulled up your trying to distance yourself from it.

I'll pull up all other defences of UA shall I being as you seem to think there's only the one sarcasm comment.

Tonkaed's are here aswell as your essentially the same person - not once does GT attack Ultima.
Got Tonkaed wrote: slight fos toward count arach for
coming after ultima
but as its day one its not really all that big of a deal.
Got Tonkaed wrote:game is starting to slow just a tad
....i still dont think UA is all that guilty
or at least hasnt really crumpled under the small amount of pressure that has been put on so far.

I still think
there are more suspicious players
and we dont really have enough to go on if UA does turn out to be town that will helps us going into day two yet.
Note he doesn't name any of them suspicious players
Got Tonkaed wrote:i suppose my post was as much about the idea that we need to be probing a lot of different avenues (which has started a bit since) simply because it
looked like we were moving toward putting UA at -1 and that seemed a bit rash still
Got Tonkaed wrote:Again i wonder
if it isnt telling that 3 people all hop on UA all at once
. Yes certainly his actions were scummy, but at the same time no one placed a vote, and everyone basically makes the same argument. I think it looks a little bit like people are trying to move to make
UA a fall guy for an easier day 1 lynch
You admittedly are better.
pickemgenius wrote: Personally I'm thinking
Ultima is pretty pro-town
. To vote someone
only
because it's
"fun"
is kinda odd if i must say so. I
think Ultima has given alot of content
and doesn't require a vote from you to get more, cause people were already on him for posting to much....
pickemgenius wrote:
undo wrote:I'm still waiting for UA to justify his "maybe I wasn't sober".
My guess on this^^^ quote, maybe he was drunk. Just throwing that out there. ;)
This one is the sarcasm thing you keep harping on about. Thing is since when did you have to answer for Ultima?

You've since been asking for prods on Ultima more than anything which is good. I think my main issue with you pickem is Tonkaed's play and I find him the scummiest so being as you've replaced that stays.

Also where did I say wanting more action from everyone is scummy?
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #262 (isolation #30) » Wed May 09, 2007 6:16 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

I do need to evaluate Undo in detail.

From what I know of Jules, as he's a mate away from Scum. He's a pretty competent player doesn't tend to give much away. So there's not much to glean from his early posts.

Undo has been of the players currently involved the scummiest in my opinion but for some reason I cannot decide if he's just confused by it all and generally as I say the fat kid being picked on or is actually scum. I'll view his posts in complete isolation this morning. And Arkest hell if I was scum with undo I'd be bussing him from here to next week :P

Pickem I ain't trying to hound you buddy, but being as I'm feeling Arkest and Yos are town, Dave more town than not (although Count Arach certainly didn't cover himself in glory) - I'm trying to figure out of the other three which I find more hardcore scum and that means looking at predeccesors aswell.

For now
unvote
Maybe slinging Pickem to three was a little soon, after all discussion is good. I'd like everyone's opinions on Ultima Avalon aswell from early play to recent stuff as he's the only guy aside from me who hasn't been replaced.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #264 (isolation #31) » Wed May 09, 2007 6:27 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

DaveMcW wrote:UA is back again, I'd like to give him a chance to participate before the day ends.
That is one scummy post slipped in the middle of all the long ones. It's like asking Ultima to hammer Pickem. Although from the Ultima/Count interactions I can't see Dave and Ultima as a pair, heck who knows.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #266 (isolation #32) » Wed May 09, 2007 6:38 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Yeh okay I'm not advocating lynching anyone yet. The longer the game lasts come the endgame the better chance we have of winning.

Would be nice to hear from Ultima and a post of real content aswell.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #271 (isolation #33) » Thu May 10, 2007 10:25 am

Post by theopor_COD »

DaveMcW wrote:
theopor_COD wrote:That is one scummy post slipped in the middle of all the long ones.
Short posts are summy?

I am in the middle of re-reading all of pickemgenious's posts, I'll post my thoughts tomorrow.
theopor_COD wrote:It's like asking Ultima to hammer Pickem. Although from the Ultima/Count interactions I can't see Dave and Ultima as a pair, heck who knows.
If you are so scared of Ultima hammering, you shouldn't have put pickemgenius at -1. Good move unvoting.
Dave, of course short posts aren't scummy. I'd be strung up for em in the early game.

What I meant was it was like you were advocating a hammer on Pickem being as he was at three votes at the time. If Ultima came on and hammered then I'd pretty much have him down as target number one tomorrow, especially if it was without content. Plus the way it read it indicated that you would hammer after Ultima posted, guess I misread it.

MeMe did UA pick up his prod?
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #273 (isolation #34) » Thu May 10, 2007 10:31 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Okay thanks.

Vote Ultima Avalon

Looking back at my analysis I was finding him, Got Tankeod, Count - pretty dodgy from the early pages.

Since then Undo shows up as dodgy suspect number one, Pickem slighlty better as is Dave. Ultima has gone to ground.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #275 (isolation #35) » Thu May 10, 2007 11:07 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Yos what do you make of Ultima and Undo?
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #293 (isolation #36) » Sat May 12, 2007 10:06 am

Post by theopor_COD »

unvote

Good posting Ultima. Time for a review.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #299 (isolation #37) » Mon May 14, 2007 9:51 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Not liking Dave McW lately.

Arkest/Yos same as before - seem good.

Undo no change

Ultima slightly improved

Pickem still my top suspect.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #302 (isolation #38) » Tue May 15, 2007 10:03 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Ok.

vote DaveMcW
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #315 (isolation #39) » Thu May 17, 2007 12:26 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

I'd be pretty happy with a Dave lynch to be honest mind I'd rather hear from everyone before voting.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #328 (isolation #40) » Mon May 21, 2007 10:10 am

Post by theopor_COD »

I'm not willing to hammer without a proper review or any input from Dave. Will get on the re-read pronto.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #331 (isolation #41) » Tue May 22, 2007 12:19 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Can we get a prod on Dave.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #335 (isolation #42) » Tue May 22, 2007 9:48 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Yes a little more would be nice Dave that isn't exactly making the case for not voting you any stronger.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #339 (isolation #43) » Thu May 24, 2007 11:58 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Dave please elaborate on your scum suspicion lists and bring some kind of defence, you got 24 hours.

Side note - Scum I can see giving up in this situation, town not so easily so I need to see something solid or I'm voting you.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #343 (isolation #44) » Fri May 25, 2007 10:02 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Okay.

Vote Dave
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #344 (isolation #45) » Fri May 25, 2007 10:02 am

Post by theopor_COD »

I know its 2 hours ahead of schedule but I've got a long winded meeting to attend.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #349 (isolation #46) » Fri May 25, 2007 11:19 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Nice one.

I'm surprised you didn't hammer to be honest when you had the chance Dave. That one post where you seemed to want Ultima to do the deed was telling . . . anyway good game all and thanks to the replacements.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #356 (isolation #47) » Sun May 27, 2007 11:56 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Aye agree with the above. Some good newbies involved hope to see you all again soon and nice to win again with Yos.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”