Newbie 1521: Game of Death(OVER)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (isolation #0) » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:40 am

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

Hi everybody!

This is my first game so we'll see how it goes.

In post 7, Riabi wrote:So, this is my first game here, from looking through a lot of the old forums, it looks like random voting is somewhat common 'round these parts, so, with that in mind, I'm going to VOTE: TRex and TRex, if you want me to change my vote, it's up to you to convince me you aren't scum. Aren't all dinosaurs inherently scummy?

Well I don't know what I can say right now to change your vote seeing as the game just started but hopefully as the day goes on I'll be able to convince you of my innocence. Tyrants are known to be innocent so that should even out any scummy-ness of me being a dinosaur. Right?

VOTE: Nuff (because I gotta start somewhere)
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:00 am

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 9, goodmorning wrote:
In post 7, Riabi wrote:So, this is my first game here, from looking through a lot of the old forums, it looks like random voting is somewhat common 'round these parts, so, with that in mind, I'm going to VOTE: TRex and TRex, if you want me to change my vote, it's up to you to convince me you aren't scum. Aren't all dinosaurs inherently scummy?

Hmmmmmmm, not sure I like this.
Possible prizes for guessing why.

It's obviously because dinosaurs are awesome and not scummy at all.
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #30 (isolation #2) » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:13 pm

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 27, Espressojet wrote:
ty-rant
n.
a cruel and oppressive ruler

VOTE: TRex

I'm starting to realise I should put my super sarcastic nature in check in order to not be mistaken for being scummy...
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (isolation #3) » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:54 am

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 39, Kiboat wrote:
In post 30, TyrannicalTRex wrote:I'm starting to realise I should put my super sarcastic nature in check in order to not be mistaken for being scummy...

No worries, but I would like to hear what you're thinking about what's been happening so far.

Honestly I'm still trying to figure out how to play this on a forum and trying to figure out what suspicious behavior looks like. It's so different than playing in person where you can look at body language. Also I'm kinda busy today but I'm hoping to be able to read over some other games that people have played tomorrow to try and identify some patterns in their play.

In post 42, Starling wrote:GM: If Rex is being sarcastic, no. If he is, then it seems rather suspicious he is considering adjusting his playstyle based on RVs.

I don't know if I can really be adjusting my playstyle when I don't even really have a playstyle yet seeing as this is my first game and I'm still figuring everything out.
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (isolation #4) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:43 am

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

Sorry for not helping that. I've been reading a lot of people's previous games but I am really having trouble getting a read on anyone. It's hard when there are so few posts by some people in this tread.

@Nuff
What's so scary about dinosaurs??? I don't like you stereotyping all dinosaurs, some of them are really nice!
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:38 am

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

It means I'm two votes away from being lynched. With 9 people alive it takes 5 votes (majority) to lynch someone and I'm at 3 votes at the moment.
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (isolation #6) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:51 am

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 62, Riabi wrote:It does seem a bit suspicious that Nuff made such a short post, and only gave a cursory reason for voting that way. Because of that and because of the fact that T-Rex is L - 2 and I'm not sure he's done anything to justify that... VOTE: Nuff

In post 66, Riabi wrote:
In post 65, Espressojet wrote:
Riabi looks like he's looking for a reason to get a lynch going, and a little too eager to follow camp.

For now,
F
inger
o
f
S
uspicion towards Riabi

I'm not looking to get a lynch going. On the contrary, in fact. I felt like people were piling up on T-Rex and I didn't see any good reason for it, and since I was the first person to vote for him, and I didn't see any reason to suspect him, I felt like it was time to take my vote off of him. Then, to be honest, I kinda forgot that I could unvote, so I just moved my vote to the only person I have any real suspicion of.

UNVOTE: Nuff Because I don't feel like a random vote is appropriate from me right now, and I'm really not sure enough of anyone to cast a vote.

Not sure how I feel about Riabi switching back and forth in opinions...He seems to simply be following along with other people's posts with opinions and trying (almost too hard) not to stir the waters.
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (isolation #7) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:25 am

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 89, Starling wrote:re GM meta: I see GM activity where she interacts with SEs (as she said), I see GM activity where she interacts with newbies, I see the games she mentioned where she backs off. What I haven't seen is anything resembling . Here she does not say, "I would like people to think things and talk about them," she says, "I would like people to guess what I am thinking." Which seems like leading the discussion while saying that she is not leading the discussion. Which seems sneaky.

In post 9, goodmorning wrote:

Hmmmmmmm, not sure I like this.
Possible prizes for guessing why.

Although it does seem slightly like an attempt to lead people along I agree with expresso and that is seems simply educational. The best way for us to learn in a newbie game is to think for ourselves and that is what she is trying to make us do. And it is not an isolated case as you can see from post 9 above.
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #102 (isolation #8) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:43 pm

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 101, Espressojet wrote:
In post 100, Riabi wrote:
In post 98, Espressojet wrote:I'm not angry, but your use of GM's meta as the only evidence against her doesn't strike me as very good scumhunting.

While certainly not the best evidence, we don't have much at this point.

It's page 5. What, do you expect to have perfect reads on everybody at this point? This is why we keep digging deeper and don't stick ourselves on one point.

(I'm sorry if my tone comes across as upset or demeaning. In my head it all comes out in a calm voice.)

However pressuring people that you suspect, even a little bit, it a fairly good way to get a better read on someone, be it town or scum.
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #109 (isolation #9) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:20 pm

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

@Starling

So far I have a slight town Kiboat hunch simply because of his activity. He seems to be asking lots of good questions and trying to get some good discussions going.

I don't like gm continuing to not answer any questions but hopefully her "full discussion" tomorrow will clear that up.

I'm getting a scumread on Nuff right now due their lack of posts. Their only posts so far has been a RVS and an unvote from that with lots of excuses about not reading the previous posts. At the moment I hope that they continue to get pressured and respond so I can try and get a more definitive read off of them.

POST MORE NUFF! You too NicCage!
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (isolation #10) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:58 pm

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

Yeah I would very much like to hear something from NicCage seeing as he said he would post last night and never did...
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (isolation #11) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:30 am

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 111, Nuff wrote:
With that being said, if the consensus becomes to lynch me, you'll at least have my FOS's or thoughts on some potential mafia parties. Hopefully it's enough to help the town win!

I'm considering switching my vote to GM because her lack of posts or reasons for not posting is getting annoying.

However I am still suspicious of nuff. Maybe it's just me but I generally don't trust people that say things like "I hope the town wins". It just seems like they are trying too hard to say "I'm town guys!"
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #138 (isolation #12) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:01 am

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 137, Espressojet wrote:
In post 136, TyrannicalTRex wrote:
In post 111, Nuff wrote:
With that being said, if the consensus becomes to lynch me, you'll at least have my FOS's or thoughts on some potential mafia parties. Hopefully it's enough to help the town win!

I'm considering switching my vote to GM because her lack of posts or reasons for not posting is getting annoying.

However I am still suspicious of nuff. Maybe it's just me but I generally don't trust people that say things like "I hope the town wins". It just seems like they are trying too hard to say "I'm town guys!"

"I want to create suspicion of GM, but I don't want to get blamed for it so I'm going to talk about a previous suspicion instead"

I'm pretty sure there is already quite a bit of suspicion on GM so that was not my intention with the post as much as simply to say that I agree with the suspicion started by others so that others could know where I stand on it.

I thought it made more sense to discuss other suspicions instead of just sitting around and saying "I'm waiting for GM to post".
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (isolation #13) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:05 am

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 110, Espressojet wrote:I'm just waiting for tomorrow's supposed magical reveal

In post 126, Espressojet wrote:I'm not making serious comments until GM pulls through

In post 132, Espressojet wrote:I await with bated breath

If anyone needs an example of the above mentioned theme of waiting for GM to post here is a pretty good example. I find this very scummy.
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #159 (isolation #14) » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:04 pm

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 151, Nuff wrote:
In post 149, NicCage wrote:Do you even have any FOS's?

If you read my post a few pages ago you'd see I have 2. Riabi and GM.

Why do you have a FOS on Riabi?
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #166 (isolation #15) » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:43 am

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 163, Bitmap wrote:I've been thinking about this game for a bit, and besides GM being lurky, there's one thing that caught my attention.

Trex's wagon.

When it caught traction to be L-2, it suddenly vanished as if people were afraid of Trex getting lynched. That's pretty scummy. People mentioned it was scummy but left it as it was which was also scummy. Also Trex hasn't been posting anything really useful soo....

VOTE: Trex

This vote isn't changing unless something fucking magical happens.

So I might be being newbie but how is it scummy for my early wagon to disappear? They were mostly just RV's anyways weren't they? I thought it disappeared because people started to make votes with something to back them up.

And sorry for not being the most active poster these last couple days but I've had a pretty busy weekend.
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #168 (isolation #16) » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:51 am

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

Also if you'd like some opinions my current stronger town-reads are
Starling
and
Kiboat
. They've both been asking a lot of good questions and keeping discussions going. Neither of them have really jumped on any wagons so far and instead they have tried to get a stronger read on the player in question.
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #172 (isolation #17) » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:11 pm

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 171, NicCage wrote:Hey Rex, how come you aren't voting anyone?

My vote is on Nuff. It has said so in every single vote count...
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #174 (isolation #18) » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:21 pm

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 173, NicCage wrote:Haha oh. Well shit.

Do you think bitmap is voting you in good faith, or is it scummy?

I find it kinda scummy. I don't like the reasoning for the vote (as I explained above). I had nothing to do with the dissolution of the wagon on me, it was simply a shift in the game from RVS to votes with substance. But what I find more scummy is the "This vote isn't changing unless something fucking magical happens." part. The basis for the vote is WAAAAAYYYY too thin for a statement like that in my opinion.
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #175 (isolation #19) » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:23 pm

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 173, NicCage wrote:Haha oh. Well shit.

Do you think bitmap is voting you in good faith, or is it scummy?

Haha oops. That other quote snuck in there because I fail at using the multiquote tool.
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #176 (isolation #20) » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:27 pm

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

^ x2 lol
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #182 (isolation #21) » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:50 pm

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 181, Bitmap wrote:
In post 174, TyrannicalTRex wrote:But what I find more scummy is the "This vote isn't changing unless something fucking magical happens." part. The basis for the vote is WAAAAAYYYY too thin for a statement like that in my opinion.

I'm sorry, but just because I re-read the game and that I'm not interested in the wagon everyone is dog-piling on doesn't make me scum.

I'm completely fine with both you re-reading the game and not jumping on the nuff wagon if you don't feel confident in it yet. But neither of those reasons are what I said I found scummy about your post...
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #206 (isolation #22) » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:09 am

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

So I want to give an update on my reads but they haven't changed at all although from the last few posts I've kinda gotten a town read off of Bitmap. Maybe it's from which seems like a reaction a town SE would have in a newbie game. But it's not much to go on which is why I don't have too much faith in my read.

I'm interested to know how GM feels about Nuff because I still have yet to see anything that would sway my scum-read on him.
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #208 (isolation #23) » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:02 am

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 207, Riabi wrote:
In post 206, TyrannicalTRex wrote:... I've kinda gotten a town read off of Bitmap. Maybe it's from which seems like a reaction a town SE would have in a newbie game.

I disagree. A claim of town like that so early seems scummy to me. That said, I'm still leaning more towards nuff for scum. So, since we are nearing the deadline... VOTE: nuff, making him L-2, I believe.

I'd usually agree with you. For some reason though this one sounds real to me but maybe I'm just going crazy trying to over-analyze what little we have to go on for some people.
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #224 (isolation #24) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:25 am

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 223, Bitmap wrote:
In post 216, Riabi wrote:
bitmap, I gotta be honest, your vote for expresso feels to me like a bit of an OMGUS vote.

Are you stupid? How was my vote OMGUS? Do you even know what that term means? Look at the deadline. Look at the Trex wagon. Nic was right, it wasn't getting anywhere and I'm definitely not stupid enough to know that a no lynch on day 1 is bad. If I wanted to push an OMGUS vote, I would of voted Nuff, the person I have a town read as in order to not get myself lynched.

"
OMGUS
stands for "Oh My God, You Suck (for voting for me)!". it is sometimes used as a shorthand to indicate that you are voting for someone primarily because they voted for you. "

Although I don't think it was an OMGUS vote, Riabi's use of the term does work because Expresso did just recently vote for you so no need to call him stupid.
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #232 (isolation #25) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:58 pm

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

As requested I will say my scumreads although they are very obvious as I've stuck with them most of the game.

Weaker Read = E
x
presso. :wink:

He hasn't done much at all to help with scumhunting and so although I'm am not totally confident in him being scum I can live with it if he is lynched and flips town.

Stronger Read = Nuff (surprise!)

If you need an explanation you can look back through my posts on him and I think I've explained myself well enough. His responses to L-1 have done nothing to change my read of him.

In post 215, Nuff wrote:I want to look fabulous when the last mafia member hammers me.

Also
@Nuff You said here "last mafia member". Does that mean one of them is already voting for you?
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #237 (isolation #26) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:56 pm

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 235, goodmorning wrote:
@TRex: Are you implying that could be a scumslip?

I'm not sure which is why I'm asking him for clarification on it.
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #246 (isolation #27) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:02 am

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 240, Espressojet wrote:This thread has snowballed for me. GM did not deliver as soon as I would have liked and I stuck to my guns when I claimed I would wait for her to talk. She never did, and I found myself with this entire thread to unravel and no idea where either end lies. As for the reads, I'll give you what I can muster from my gut.

Raibi
Nic
, and
Starling
can be
town
in my book for the time being.

TRex
and
Bitmap
can have my
Fingers of Suspicion
for the time being.

And, for the time being, everybody not aforementioned can remain to be
Null

I am an easy mislynch target right now because I have not actively contributed major scumreads, but nobody is giving a viable reason to lynch me aside from "Meh, I'd settle for an Expreso lynch". Besides, all I've been seeing is bickering about Nuff for as long as I can remember. It seems to me like everybody's still on him because of that one time he "felt scummy" to them, and they don't just want to throw that read away.

Along with the that, much of what I've been seeing as far as town reads go is "X is town" where there is no backing behind it aside from the fact that the person has been actively contributing and scumhunting. I question as to why you would place such a trust within those people. As a town member you should always be suspicious of everybody, and especially of those who have won your trust. That being said, you may still choose to follow those you trust, just watch your back.

Wouldn't want a knife making you it's sheathe anytime soon.

You complain that there is no backing for people's reads yet you just gave
reads without any reasoning behind any of them...

In post 243, Nuff wrote:
I'm assuming a Nolynch happens if a lynch isn't made prior to the deadline?

Yup.
" If no majority is reached at deadline, the Day will end without a lynch."
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #254 (isolation #28) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:22 am

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 252, Bitmap wrote:
FOS: Riabi
FOS: Nuff

So you saved your FOS's till after the lynch got hammered or are these just because of the hammer?
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #260 (isolation #29) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:13 am

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 258, Nuff wrote:Are we allowed to continue discussion like this? I mean I know the mod hasn't come in and ended the day yet but still...

All good points though. I'm in the same boat as Rabies with the timestamps though.

All players, including the lynched player, are allowed to discuss in twilight phase until I post the death scene. Day ends when the moderator locks the thread.
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #318 (isolation #30) » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:30 pm

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 309, Bitmap wrote:
NEWS FLASH:
GM never voted anyone else besides her RVS vote on espresso.

I didn't chance from my RVS vote from Nuff either. It's not that crazy of a thing to do. It was because after a while I started to have real suspicions of Nuff so there was no reason to change it.
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #320 (isolation #31) » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:11 pm

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 319, Bitmap wrote:
In post 318, TyrannicalTRex wrote:
In post 309, Bitmap wrote:
NEWS FLASH:
GM never voted anyone else besides her RVS vote on espresso.

I didn't chance from my RVS vote from Nuff either. It's not that crazy of a thing to do. It was because after a while I started to have real suspicions of Nuff so there was no reason to change it.

Oh, I legitimately forgot you were in this game.

Sorry I was out of town for the weekend and haven't had many chances to check in.
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #325 (isolation #32) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:51 am

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 322, Nuff wrote:
Trex, what are your reads now dude?

Ok. I have a new theory from the night kill. I am honestly surprised at the Nic NK because he didn't seem like that big of a threat to the scum. He was active but he wasn't putting pressure on too many people, mostly just Espresso and he flipped town. I really don't see what caused the scum to decide to kill him over Bitmap who was far more active in the thread and was putting pressure on lots of people. So the only reason I can think of for the Nic NK is: The scum wanted to kill someone experienced because they are generally more useful. But they didn't care about GM because in most of day 1 she was being pretty useless and people were/are finding her actions scummy so it wasn't the most useful NK. Here's the key point to my reasoning though: Bitmap was far more active and pressuring than Nic so he should have been the target of the NK because they were the two SE's. Therefore the only reason he wasn't killed is because he himself is scum.

I also don't like how much he is pushing for the GM lynch and how he is telling people to vote GM.

VOTE: Bitmap
In post 324, Nuff wrote:I noticed a lot of people on this website seem to use "real life" engagements as reasons (excuses) for inactivity in these games. Is this considered filler? I understand letting the mod know if you're going to be AFK for a while, but is it usually considered "scummy"?

I'unno. That's the kind of feel I got in this thread when I read people's reasons for not being active or as active as they were.

Well personally I just have other things I have to do and this game doesn't take priority over all of them. I also don't have a phone with data because I'm cheap so I have to be at home or at a computer to check on the game.
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #355 (isolation #33) » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:28 am

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 352, Nuff wrote:
In post 349, Riabi wrote:
In post 346, Nuff wrote:I promise I will do as your ultimatum states if you get lynched today.

Cross my heart.

What makes you say this? What if he gets lynched and flips scum? This post will make you look pretty scummy yourself if that ends up happening.

Mainly because I don't think Bitmap is mafia. But even if he ends up being scum, I'd have to hold to my promise. :(

If Bitmap gets lynched and flips scum I don't think you'll be able to get everyone to lynch GM...
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #367 (isolation #34) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:06 am

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 362, goodmorning wrote:
In post 358, Nuff wrote:It's not something you have to buy? Like I said, I don't really believe bitmap is maf.
I see his and GM's interactions as town VS town
really.

town VS town

town VS town

town VS town

Then why, exactly, are you happy to lynch us both?

In post 361, Kiboat wrote:Still planning on making that post, gm?

Working on it. Storm=issues.

Where does it say that Nuff would be happy to lynch Bitmap and you?
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #377 (isolation #35) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:54 pm

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 375, Kiboat wrote:
I'm currently hoping that goodmorning's promised post will help me get a better read on her and Bitmap. In the meantime, I'm very sorry for being so waffly and I will be trying to do better.

So does that mean you're stronger scum lean is still GM?
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #380 (isolation #36) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:03 am

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 368, goodmorning wrote:
In post 367, TyrannicalTRex wrote:Where does it say that Nuff would be happy to lynch Bitmap and you?

In post 352, Nuff wrote:
In post 349, Riabi wrote:
In post 346, Nuff wrote:I promise I will do as your ultimatum states if you get lynched today.

Cross my heart.

What makes you say this? What if he gets lynched and flips scum? This post will make you look pretty scummy yourself if that ends up happening.

Mainly because I don't think Bitmap is mafia. But even if he ends up being scum, I'd have to hold to my promise. :(

The ultimatum here was Bitmap's "if I get lynched today you have to lynch gm tomorrow."

He is, at the very least, quite satisfied to lynch me tomorrow, and as that's predicated on Bitmap's lynch today, which is likely, then extrapolating...

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Just kidding, I actually see value in explaining my suspicions. :wink: I don't really like this reasoning for why you say that Nuff would be "happy to lynch us both". a) he said he was joking and I am inclined to believe him even if some of you aren't and b) I don't think that his statement means he would be happy to lynch Bitmap, in fact in the same post he states that he doesn't "really believe bitmap is maf". So I still find you saying that Nuff would be happy to lynch you and Bitmap to be exaggerating things a whole lot and trying to place suspicion on someone with made up or exaggerating reasoning is quite scumming in my books.

Therefore, VOTE: GM
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #381 (isolation #37) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:05 am

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

So there.
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #383 (isolation #38) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:26 pm

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

V/LA from Saturday until next Saturday.
I am going to my family cabin. I have been told there is now some internet nearby I can get on so I'm hoping to be able to keep up with the game but I thought I should mention it in case I can't.
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #502 (isolation #39) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:02 am

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

I'm back

I'll going to try and catch up on the game as soon as possible as I know we are getting close to the deadline.
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #505 (isolation #40) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:39 am

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

Just so no one "accidentally" hammers Riabi I just want to point out that by my calculations he is
L-1
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #517 (isolation #41) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:24 pm

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 513, notscience wrote:
In post 505, TyrannicalTRex wrote:Just so no one "accidentally" hammers Riabi I just want to point out that by my calculations he is
L-1

Niether of these two are

good

What's wrong with my post? I just thought it would be better that people know so that the same thing as d1 doesn't happen where someone says that accidentally hammered.
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #531 (isolation #42) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:12 am

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

Ok. So time for a big opinion post! I believe that the scum team is
GM and Nuff
and here is the long explanation to why:

Spoiler: My Reasoning
In post 322, Nuff wrote:
In post 316, goodmorning wrote:
Also: UNVOTE: Good Morning

In post 324, Nuff wrote:
Also, GM you defended yourself pretty hard there which was why I unvoted, but how come you scumread Riabi, but didn't change your vote to him Day 1?

Here Nuff had voted GM during Bitmap's attempt to convince everyone that she is scum but he shortly later removed his vote which makes it seem like he saw an opportunity to LOOK like he was suspicious of GM but then remove his vote. There is also the part where he unvotes without any reasoning and then a few hours later adds reasoning without anyone bringing it up. That looks to me like GM told him to in mafia chat because she saw that it looked suspicious and wanted to cover it up better.

Cross my heart.

Here again Nuff attempts to LOOK like he is putting himself against GM while it really has no negative impact on GM. GM goes even further as to expand it and say that Nuff is "happy to lynch her" .

In post 423, goodmorning wrote:
In post 422, Starling wrote:GM: So who are you seeing as scummy now? Both Riabi and Nuff, I gather. Are you saying Bitmap is scummy or just wrong?

As above, Bitmap, Riabi, TRex.
TRex in particular is starting to remind me of saturnine in N1493.
Bitmap is scummy. I don't like the tunneling, the inconsistencies, the pushiness.
Riabi... well, I've been there.

Here GM no longer "suspects" Nuff as now it is getting closer to deadlines and it would be risky to continue to "suspect" him. (Note the quotation marks)

In post 439, goodmorning wrote:Ok, the thing about saying Nuff is coasting... we're all coasting, kinda. The game is a bit dead, there're only 3 of us currently active and there's nothing really new to say. I'd quite like to see some fresh blood in here, to be honest.
And here is GM defending Nuff for something that Nuff was really doing all game. Seriously, ISO him. There's not much there. No leading, no independent ideas that clash with the norm. I'm pretty sure that counts as coasting. As GM is the IC one can assume that if she was town she would've noticed that and not defended him on it.

My reasoning for the GM/Nuff scum team is also that from Starling and Kiboats posts I really believe that they are both town. Therefore GM and Nuff must be the mafia.

Spoiler: Also a raccoon because they are awesome and definitely feel the same way
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #539 (isolation #43) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:26 am

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 530, Nuff wrote:I'm gonna FOS
Starling
and TRex here, as they're the only ones left that I don't tr.

Starling huh. I would like to hear the reasoning you've made up behind this one.

In post 535, Nuff wrote:@Trex: I even said myself that I've been coasting. Nothing to be ashamed of, especially in Day 2 when it was only a couple of us even around to post. Bringing up the same things Riabi did (about my gameplay) in Day 2 is pretty lazy, don't you think? And I'm the one coasting?

Ok, if you look back through the posts I am not bringing up just what Riabi said day 2 but also what
I said
day
. And I don't see anything wrong with bringing up things that have already been said. I personally don't think you got enough flak about it last time it was brought up and so I'm reminding people of it to prove to everyone that you're scum.
Example:
In post 109, TyrannicalTRex wrote:
I'm getting a scumread on Nuff right now due their lack of posts.
POST MORE NUFF!
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #548 (isolation #44) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:34 pm

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 545, Kiboat wrote:
Some of this makes sense, but I'm not sure how productive it is to try and pick out mafia teams. It feels like starting with an assumption and then interpreting past actions in light of that assumption, rather than letting the actions create the suspicion in the first place. I know there's probably plenty of ways to make a case on either GM or Nuff at this point, but I feel like those cases have to stand on their own feet and not hinge on them being a team, if that makes any sense. I feel like I'm babbling here :oops:

I can understand you not wanting to rush into anything but feel like we have not done a very good job at getting good conversations going this game and as we are in LyLo I'm really just trying to get things moving. And I know I'm repeating myself but if you want a case that stands on it's own: I think it looks REALLY scummy that Nuff has given very little in terms of opinions this game and has just been floating along not making any waves.
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #554 (isolation #45) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:20 am

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 549, Nuff wrote:
Would like to see that as well. Also, TRex, in the beginning of the game (your first couple posts) you were playing a bit more jokingly (which is great in my book), but you made an odd post bringing it up http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p6031429. After which you've been nothing but srs bsns. :roll:

When I click the url you posted it just brings me to the first page of the thread. Are you referring to ?
(I think you want to use the [post] functionality like I did)

To conclude this post let us think on the main reason why mafia wouldn't just get rid of me during the night phases:
  • - Why get rid of the only player that has been playing the game the "scummiest" (apparently) and been on ALMOST everyones radar out the gate?

This doesn't really say anything. No you suspected why you weren't NK'ed because with your lack of posting you have always been either fairly useless town or "stealthly" mafia. Bringing this up just seems like you are trying to find things to defend yourself with and all you can find is useless defences.

The mafiosos are smart!

I'm sorry but you're not that smart.
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #555 (isolation #46) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:26 am

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 553, goodmorning wrote:
In post 551, Nuff wrote:Also, looking back at the nightkills. Both SE's were taken out by the mafia, but why not the IC? Unless the IC IS one of the mafia members.

Could be any one of a number of reasons, including:
1. I'm wrong about the Mafia.
2. I'm right but they want to make me think I'm wrong.
3. I'm wrong and they want me to think that they want me to think I'm wrong so I think I'm right.
4. They're aware that the ICs usually get killed first and want to frame me.
5. They don't find me threatening since I've had some amount of absence this game.
6. I'm not a universal townread.
7. Some other reason I can't think of.
8. WIFOM.

I mean, Nic was pretty much townread by everyone, and notsci was the fresh new eyes that were supposed to rejuvenate us. I'm the tired IC who's been lacking presence.
If you find my being alive surprising you haven't been paying attention (or pointed it out because you're Scum and #4 was your intent here).

It's a very nice list you made but it seems kinda hypocritical seeing as you have always been at the forefront of the campaign against night kill speculation.
In post 297, goodmorning wrote:Nightkill speculation is usually unproductive.

It seems to me like you are just trying to make the conversation "unproductive".
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #566 (isolation #47) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:59 am

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 565, goodmorning wrote:On crossvoting: Well, if someone votes you and you are Town then you vote them back, basically. (And you also do it as Scum because it's what Town would do.) For instance, in a 3-man LyLo:

X votes Y. Y is Town. Y then votes X because:
If X is Town, Z (Mafia) will quickhammer Y so it doesn't matter what X is.
If X is Scum, then Z (Town) has the chance to lynch Scum.

Generally we want to come to an agreement on who we want lynched before we lynch them.
Forcing a hard townread to the Z position is also possible.

From your explanation it doesn't seem like something that can really work in 5-man LyLo right? Or did I not understand it very well?
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #568 (isolation #48) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:34 am

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 567, Nuff wrote:It works. If we all trust in someone to be the hammer. It'd end this game faster than twiddling our thumbs pointing fingers will.

I nominate Kiboat.

But what guarantees that if one of the town votes for another town, the 2 scum won't just immediately just vote for the same person and end the game?
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #572 (isolation #49) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:07 am

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

I'm pretty sure mine are obvious. I hope so at least :P
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #579 (isolation #50) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:00 am

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 576, goodmorning wrote:
In post 572, TyrannicalTRex wrote:I'm pretty sure mine are obvious. I hope so at least :P

Yes, but which one is more?

Well I guess I'll go with Nuff then because he seems like the only person right now that most people seem to agree on as being scum. (Don't think I don't still think you're scum though)

Also what is YOUR top scumread? I feel like it's me due to your repetitive posts over the last 5 or 6 days about "Trex case coming soon".
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #583 (isolation #51) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:01 pm

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 581, goodmorning wrote:
In post 579, TyrannicalTRex wrote:
Well I guess I'll go with Nuff then because he seems like the only person right now that most people seem to agree on as being scum. (Don't think I don't still think you're scum though)

Hmmmmmmm.

If this one of your famous "hmmmmmm"s is trying to imply that I am going for nuff because other people are I just want to point out that I started the suspicion against Nuff so I am definitely not jumping on anyone else's suspicions. Also you've really got to start giving some reasoning for your suspicions because I don't think you saying "hmmmmmm" is very effective anymore. You're done it one (or ten) too many times.
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #585 (isolation #52) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:53 pm

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 581, goodmorning wrote:
In post 579, TyrannicalTRex wrote:
In post 576, goodmorning wrote:
In post 572, TyrannicalTRex wrote:I'm pretty sure mine are obvious. I hope so at least :P

Yes, but which one is more?

Hmmmmmmm.

Also what is YOUR top scumread? I feel like it's me due to your repetitive posts over the last 5 or 6 days about "Trex case coming soon".

Of course it's you.

In post 584, goodmorning wrote:But I like saying hmm.

I've noticed :P
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #586 (isolation #53) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:53 pm

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

Stupid multi-quoting tool.
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #588 (isolation #54) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:56 pm

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

Yeah it happens to me every time I try using the quick reply option. It doesn't show anything and then they just magically appear :P
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #591 (isolation #55) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:52 am

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 590, Nuff wrote:On my phone but was thinking... there was a cop in this game so that means there's a Mafia Roleblocker and a Doctor in the game too right? There's no mention of the Doctor being roleblocked in the Night phase flavor text, and I believe all the deaths have been Vanilla Townies and the Cop, right?

So, basically am I reading the flavor text wrong? Is there any mention of the Doctor getting roleblocked at all, cuz that would mean the Mafia roleblocker knows who the Doctor is and will just keep blocking them instead of killing them during the night phase.

Or am I reading the role matrix wrong? Idk I'm just looking back through the thread on the train.

Well from the first page it says that it can either be a row or a column of the matrix so I'm pretty sure that the fact that there was a cop in the game means there is either also a doctor and a roleblocker OR another vanilla town and mafia goon.

Should we be taking your "assumption" that there is a roleblocker and doctor to mean that you or GM are a roleblocker and this is a thinly veiled attempt to bait out the doctor?
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #593 (isolation #56) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:47 pm

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 592, goodmorning wrote:Yeah, Cop in the setup means either
5 VT, 1 Cop, 1 Doc, 1 Goon, 1 RB
OR
6 VT, 1 Cop, 2 Goons.

Doc could either have been RB'd or just chose wrong (if there is one).

If the doc protects someone that gets shot and they get RB'd does it mention that in the death post?
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #604 (isolation #57) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:40 am

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 596, Starling wrote:Either it's an honest mistake (town), or an attempt to look like a townie's honest mistake (scum). I was going to say I'd actually go with the first one, because from what we've seen of Nuff sneakiness like that doesn't seem his style... but if he's scum, what we've seen of him is not necessarily indicative of his style.

I'm confused by this. So you are saying he's town for a reason but then saying he could be scum and that the previously mentioned reason is useless? I'm having trouble seeing where you stand on Nuff from this post.
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #605 (isolation #58) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:45 am

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 527, goodmorning wrote:
Will TRex case soonish.

In post 553, goodmorning wrote:
TRex case will happen in a short time.

TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #610 (isolation #59) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:34 am

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 606, Starling wrote:
In post 604, TyrannicalTRex wrote:
In post 596, Starling wrote:Either it's an honest mistake (town), or an attempt to look like a townie's honest mistake (scum). I was going to say I'd actually go with the first one, because from what we've seen of Nuff sneakiness like that doesn't seem his style... but if he's scum, what we've seen of him is not necessarily indicative of his style.

I'm confused by this. So you are saying he's town for a reason but then saying he could be scum and that the previously mentioned reason is useless? I'm having trouble seeing where you stand on Nuff from this post.

That's where I'm at-- confused. Basically you have accurately represented my thought process, yes.
Until Nuff's role speculation post it was him I wanted to see lynched, but that has confused me.
First week of classes is a really rotten time for LyLo. I'm actually on a semi-retreat now, have been busy all day the past two days, will be until 4 tomorrow. Then I will be more mentally available.

Ok, thanks for clarifying your post. I'm now at the same thought as Nuff though: What about his post changed your opinion of him?
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #622 (isolation #60) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:49 am

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 612, Nuff wrote:So if your FOS on me has changed @ Starling/Rex, who would your next FOS be aimed towards?

My FOS hasn't changed.
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #630 (isolation #61) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:19 pm

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 629, goodmorning wrote:I have a preference, and it's that we not try and lynch someone who oughtn't to be lynched.

That's helpful.

My candidate for the Lynch is Nuff. What is everyone else's?
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #633 (isolation #62) » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:09 am

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

Ok, here goes nothing. VOTE: Nuff
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #638 (isolation #63) » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:40 am

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 634, Nuff wrote:I'm sorry my sweet Townies!!! Next game I will play more srs bsns since that's a requirement it seems to not be seen as scummy.

Darn. Yeah you just seemed scummy because you weren't being very helpful at thinking up original scum leans. (Granted it didn't seem like anyone really was this game)
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #648 (isolation #64) » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:56 am

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 637, goodmorning wrote:Eh, this wasn't my best work to be honest.

I'm assuming you were the Doc.

I was the doctor. Guessed wrong both nights :P
TyrannicalTRex
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
TyrannicalTRex
Townie
Townie

Post Post #664 (isolation #65) » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:22 pm

Post by TyrannicalTRex »

In post 649, Nuff wrote:Who did you protect?

Bitmap N1
Starling N2

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”