Newbie 1556 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (isolation #0) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:28 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

yo checking in
Unvote: silencedascension

back later,afternoon-nightish to share thoughts and chat with whoever is online then

cya in a bit
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (isolation #1) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:46 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

x3so does not look like he was playing the "newb card", genuinely seems to want help (eg. seeks help from IC again on pg.4, not deterred by previous attack)
-not entirely alignment related, but it is harder to be genuine when scum
And x3so trying to get MissPompeii to talk sent out goodvibes

I like the serious second post from SA accusing x3so's reaction as too serious. I think SA is slightly hypocritical town.

stuff happens between SA and x3so and no comment from Badmonster and Beeboy, meh

Like Dgaul's reaction to SA v. x3so better than Luca's, something to do with the tone, the way he goes "On the fence with these two, but here are some problems with your posts"

Badmonster...
(your jump on the SA wagon reads like a prepared hop btw: FOS SA but no vote, cause SA is active and could just be nerves? -> more people attack SA -> time to place vote)

Danny, did Astinus' L-1 vote affect your read of SA?

vote: Badmonster
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (isolation #2) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:56 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

hmm deadline might become an issue

pedit: mr fix thought on my wagon?
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (isolation #3) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:13 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

that's fine.
Tho you might want to forgo the toe to toe with SA for the moment, with him being equally verbose, and there being less than 3 days left.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (isolation #4) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:29 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

cool, tad worried you and him were going to get into a theory debate while I'm sitting over here about to be deadlined.

I know your busy so whenever you get the chance I'd likesome thoughts on DDD and Jake. The three of you will be tough for me to figure out, I think, so want to get a dialogue going there.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (isolation #5) » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:23 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 119, x3so wrote:
Well I almost felt clueless playing this game slowly as number of replies went shorter and less in context with game, only thing I wanted to get out of this game was some exp and fun along the way.
of course current events, did bring me to start asking again what I think was unknown to me.

ya the replace outs didn't help out with that either

In post 120, Badmonster wrote:I think you're flailing. I didn't vote him because other people did. I voted him because he gave this big emotional, tangential ramble in response to that vote, and I thought it seemed manipulative.

I'm not talking about your reasoning exactly, more about the timing. From my perspective it looks like you've been following the crowd.

In post 121, Jake from State Farm wrote:If you are interested in figuring us out, why not ask us questions and such? That's what a townie who was trying to figure people out would do...
already asked Danny something, didn't think of a question for you yet, and mrfixij was currently online and the only one to have a back and forth with.

why is Badmonster a strong townread for you?
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (isolation #6) » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:51 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

welp this is great cause I'm a tracker
was hoping to get by without claiming, and can't really wait for L-1 formalities; I'm afraid if I play chicken with deadline too much longer I'll end up being lynched while I am away from the site.

May be okay with giving Badmonster a break, benifit of doubt, for day one, still think there's some sketchiness from her playwise that needs to be looked through or at very least pressured.

Next best guess for scum would be Danny: something about the way he questions x3so bothers me, like there is a disconnect between what x3so is saying and what danny questions, not sure If I can explain it correctly.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (isolation #7) » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:09 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 134, SilencedAscension wrote: I mean, if the slot for that
was
really a tracker, I really don't understand why it would go for a lynch for someone by jumping on a wagon when they don't even have enough info for someone to track during Night 1.
no paitence for a slow day game? just wanted to use action at night? Tbh I don't really no why either, all I can do is guess.

This probly won't mean much coming from me but do you think scum is likely to place someone at L-1 like that? It's begging for attention, not much scum motive there.

In post 135, Dgaul wrote: You have a vote on Badmonster saying he is your scum literally a page back. You then say that he deserves a break yet you don't rescind your vote.
yeh cause I'm considering the potential townslip, but I'm not rescinding my intial read of her play that stays the same. I could've probly switched my vote to Danny back there, but my vote sitting on Badmonster won't really matter until I convince people that I am actually town and that Danny is likely scum, moving my vote for appearance sake doesn't do much for me.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (isolation #8) » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:20 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 135, Dgaul wrote:
while not explaining entirely, it is knowledge given the thread that x3 is not a native English speaker so perhaps that can explain it.
That's kinda my point. Why is DDD bringing up those questions towards x3so and not seeing the awkward phrasing for what it is? And like his presence this game feels like he is going through the motions, no townfire, but that might be a playstyle thing.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (isolation #9) » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:37 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

^why are you so intent on placing doubt? this is an open setup where all roles will eventually be known factors

In post 141, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Attributing everything a player like x3so does to ESL is a recipe for missing something relevant.

I'm not attributing everything he does to ESL, specifically I'm talking about the questions in posts:

easy to see he was talking about the forum auto-discarding due to being one word post, not people discarding his post. Yet you jumped to "why so fraid of what ppl think?" (like the question was more geared to painting him bad than figuring things out, instead maybe going "what do u mean by auto-discard?")

And then
It's a question that goes nowhere: plain to see the setup is built so scum won't know eveyone's role day 1 (and even if scum did know everyone's you'd get the same 'no' answer, like you can't honestly expect him to go "yes, I know everyone's role)
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (isolation #10) » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:30 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

unvote, vote: Danny

completely convinced he is scum now
that he still advocates my lynch is a major redflag

Dgaul is different in that he is still new to how claims should work in open setups

Here's how it should work: If I am scum lying about the claim then by something like day 3 or whenever massclaim needs to happen it becomes obvious wether or not I am telling the truth. If I am lying scum then there will be a counterclaim or my claim won't fit with the setup, and I would become a garaunteed scumlynch in that scenario.
^the fact that Danny doesn't click on to this as someone whose been around the block and wants to risk lynching a powerrole means he's scum
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (isolation #11) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:28 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 152, mrfixij wrote:I'm not completely sold on that. Specifically, it turns into a wifom game because we know that ddd is knowledgeable about how to play the game. Specifically, staying on your lynch seems to stupid to be Scum.
It depends, lynching an information role d1 is a huge gain for scum, and if they can get away with it, it could be worth the risk. Compare Dgaul to Danny: Dgaul was very upfront about not believing me and it came right after I claimed when he would have no time to consider whether or not others believed me; whereas Danny doesn't commit to saying to whether or not he believes my claim but does take the time to play devil's advocate to some points you made about keeping alive.

That being said the exchange between Danny and Jake is something I need to think about (Danny looked better between the two). I thought maybe a vote would be placed against the other, given their tone towards each other (of course if they are scumbuddies distancing, they can't really afford to lynch one another atm, so that might be the case)

In post 185, Jake from State Farm wrote:
And you also have no right to say shit to me because you provided no reason for dgual and then you went with a policy lynch a lurker with your vote on pompeii so again bad ddp if you are town, especially given you are the IC and are supposed to set a good example for newbies.

'cept he did provide specific reasoning for dgual
And a policy lynch is different than compromising on a lurker due to having townreads elswhere.

In post 195, Jake from State Farm wrote:Plus let's set the record straight, you are not obligated to give a reason with.your vote, but you are obligated to give one if asked.

well technically you're not "obligated" do anything in a game, but then what's the point in playing

I think the point is that no reasons and a solitary vote doesn't do a whole lot to convince others to lynch your scumread...Like you have a scumread just to have one and the effort to actually achieve your preferred lynch was showing.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (isolation #12) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:29 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 202, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 175, Dgaul wrote:I am going to say right now so I don't disappear when the time comes. I have a final tomorrow at 11 so while I may be back for the last hour of crunch time discussion if there is any, there is also the chance I may not. Tonight and tomorrow morning I can go all night though.

Now we have more time, I'd like to hear your thoughts on things. I'd also like to hear if you still want to lynch anxiety

@mrs. Pompeii - please post something that resembles content

this looks like an attempt to change attention back to me or pompei after taking heat
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (isolation #13) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:33 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

* "to actually achieve your preferred lynch
wasn't
showing"

is what I meant to write
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (isolation #14) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:40 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

re: "no he didn't actually see spoiler" -
In post 168, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Relatively bland opinions prior to the Anxiety push, relatively minimal content, possibly buddying the IC in 135

hmm, maybe I'm wrong about the motive for moving onto Dgaul and Pompei. Still it was my first impression; felt like you trying to get Dgual fired up about lyncing me again.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (isolation #15) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:44 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 206, Jake from State Farm wrote:I play to have fun. Giving a reason or not giving a reason doesn't stop me from having fun.

but if everyone plays the noreason no talking game, nothing happens and no one gets to have fun.

not giving reasons at critical time when deadline approaches is what made me worry about your alignment (is he scum trying float by unnoticed? is what I thought)
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (isolation #16) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:53 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

unvote, vote: MissPompei

one less person I need to worry about tracking

plus not sure what to make of her apathy towards being lynched
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (isolation #17) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:22 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

vote: DDD

tracked x3so, visited no one
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (isolation #18) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:45 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

"no townfire", "expecting more", "middle of the pack", "playing to a meta", "going through the motions"
all fit in the umbrella of a Danny who just doesn't feel like he is scumhunting
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (isolation #19) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:50 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

after the back n' forth with jake yesterday, I felt much better about him and was left with a scumread of Danny (who probly wouldn't send the kill, given my inthread suspicion) and a townpile of everyone else barring pompei

the townread that raised the most doubts was x3so:
something about him being okay with my claim turning around after lynch happened saying he would've voted me nagged at me

also I looked back at his ISO and whoever said his back off on his SA vote was odd was a fair point that I found myself agreeing with
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (isolation #20) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:02 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

mhmm
already explained why your town for your reaction to my claim
mrfixij looking at SA wagon upon replacing to figure out motive was townish, and in general proactive
badmonster is town imo for reasons
SA has been consistently sharing thoughts on a variety of players
jake's reaction to my attack had town vibes, and the asking for extension
is
a decent point
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (isolation #21) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:17 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 283, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote: In fact the one player who tried to make an actual argument about my meta argued that I was playing against my meta by advocating for a lynch of an undercontributer when in fact that's something I do quite regularly and would do again. Which it should be noted isn't playing to a meta but doing something I've found effective.

sorry shoul'dve wrote 'playing to "uphold" a meta'
was referring mrfixij's comment not jake's
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (isolation #22) » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:31 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 296, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:unironically bad at mafia.
who isn't? ^.^

Needs to talk with me so we can get his mistaken opinion of me righted.

Kay, whadya want to talk about?

Still firmly convinced you were trying to subtly help my lynch along by poking holes in the arguments for keeping a power role alive and then when the lynch wasn't quite happening you backed off.

mrfixij
– The dgaul vote(s) are overly simplistic for someone who puts as much emphasis on subtlety and skill as I see in his first couple posts. Frankly the overly simplistic “scum vote to lynch a claimed PR” doesn’t jive with that, it’s not evaluating the WIFOM curve properly.

This feels accurate.
Don't think mrfixij is coming from a scummy place though. Reads more town conf-biasy. Note how convinced he's become and started mocking.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (isolation #23) » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:37 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

The biggest elephant for me right now is that I don't think anyone has defended you as town...

if you're town (and like you said: me and jake are town), why is your wagon stuck at two?

surely one scum of the hypothetical two out there would've saw the oppurtunity to join

definitely something funny going on about your wagon not taking off despite there being little to no vocal resistance
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (isolation #24) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:23 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

re: "what ifs" - this whole game is "what ifs", gotta figure out which "what if" is most likely, why your wagon has no wheels is worth digging into imo.

moving on: choosing to follow SA and Dgaul onto Badmonster when you had both Badmonster and x3so as lacking opinions is something I am curious about?
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (isolation #25) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:24 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 314, SilencedAscension wrote:Aside from that, I agree with DDD's point of view on Dgaul.

yeh but he's just continuing the point I made about Dgaul day one.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (isolation #26) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:38 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

goshdarnit Danny -.- it's your logic vibe that is holding up this wagon for sure.

It’s immensely troubling that her strongest opinion is that she’s a she and her vote seems magnetized to whatever is popular at the time.

-DDD

Weird. I also said Badmonster was "following the crowd" day one. Was the plan to buddyup to my d1 logic on Dgaul and Badmonster, expand a little, and hope to get a townread from me?

x3so's lack of opinions felt more like someone who had no idea what Mafia is.

-DDD

I disagree. I don't think x3so is as lost as his phrasing makes him appear.

see the backpedal here
In post 20, x3so wrote:That was very clear from your point, I would not consider you a regular townie by any chance, maybe more than just a townie :wink: ,
But since we connect easy, I would take pleasure to take one step back,
Let the air gets cleared, let the crowd gathered, read some more Chitter chatter.

maybe a rolefish too with that wink (If x3so flips scum this game, I'd say SA is definitely town)
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (isolation #27) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:43 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

sigh what a waste
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (isolation #28) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:18 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

ohhhh god Wat Is Happening
replacements were suppose to help right the dayoneclusterfuckship

Why is onion at L-1?
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (isolation #29) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:25 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

no, take it back X.x please

look at the effort onion put into replacing
and trying to figure out the game
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (isolation #30) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:03 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

onion wrote:Did i miss something?

Err, yeh, the obvious. I haven't been counterclaimed, and there's been no evidence even pointing to me lying.

If I was lying: a cop, jailkeeper, or tracker would know right away and while they may not want to counterclaim they would want my lynch. Everyone backed off me after the claim except for Dgual. And the fact that he is more concerned about lynching you than me this day says alot.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (isolation #31) » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:30 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 372, x3so wrote:can I get your opinion on this post.

What is
your own
opinion of that post?
Why is your vote parked on me?
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (isolation #32) » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:30 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 388, onion wrote: So as much as he's anti-town and terribleness

k

while we're criticizing townreads...
I think you slighty lack in quality vs. quantity, thread real-estate, and word economy (prolly just overeagerness due to it being some time since playing, which is understandable)

I think you are relying too much on old-meta jeepliketells in a new site-meta where their relevance is iffy.

-

Jake's progression with his danny read felt genuine, and yes the logic on danny's lurking meta isn't quite there, and the lying stuff isn't a homerun.
but his belief in dannyscum reads sincere and he is competely right about danny's jump onto the Badmonster wagon being fishy.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (isolation #33) » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:30 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 393, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:If he was really putting in a lot of effort don't you think he'd have realized that your claim is almost certainly true based on the lack of a counterclaim from basically any PR in the game? Also if this is the case why am I not town for re-reading the game and giving summaries? Because he included numbers with no real meaning to them?

nah, not right away
in fact scum would know it was certaintly true
so unless you think he faked that suspicion

your summaries were easy to make

noting what stood out as he catches up is okay
and meaning came right after he read entire thread

it's just that your read progession is weird

you spent decent amount of time on x3so yesterday
didn't chime in when I originally said badmonster was following crowd
but now it's a good vote
and you've had doubts on Dgaul and SA right? but no doubts about the wagon you are on?
I don't get why x3so isn't the lurker you want to at least pressure at the start of today
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (isolation #34) » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:36 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 403, Dgaul wrote:I could go on for ages about all the things onion is posting.

true, but it looks like onion is posting without thinking too much about how it looks, like no thought about logic lining up and trying to look town, only honest opinions
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (isolation #35) » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:46 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

say I'm wrong about DDD for the moment
anybody else find the interactions between mrfixij and x3so awkward?
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (isolation #36) » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:20 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 423, x3so wrote:
I find dgaul and Mrfixij are on same align

Explain.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (isolation #37) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:55 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

unvote, vote: x3so

bleh, I know jake is gonna hate this but I think this is the correct play today
-chance danny may've been off d1 because of holidays or whatever, burden of proficiency and such
-I don't think danny would intentionaly lie to push a mislynch, he'd make it logical and sound truthful, scum too lazy to consider context of his badmonster reason...maybe

I think my townreads are right this game and believe I've PoE the scum to {mrfixij, x3so, ddd}
-mrfixij and x3so might make sense as a team based on how they've been lightly nudging at each other
-don't like mrfixij push on dgual and subsequent back off

In post 325, mrfixij wrote:I'd put strong odds on ddd, vote placement analysis suggests x3.

as someone who pays attention to vote/wagon analysis: not realizing onion was at L-1 feels out of character. Even joining that lynch is weird when you've been calling danny scummy all game (and yet haven't placed a vote on him)

In post 272, x3so wrote:Well NL is not encouraged in newb game, but since this lurking policy Lynch was quite a distraction and made find scummy reads very difficult.

reads like scum who knows MissPompeii was going to be a mislynch

In post 432, onion wrote:terrible anti-town

plz stop saying this; you are sweeping the rug out from under me
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (isolation #38) » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:16 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 450, SilencedAscension wrote:
So, probably need to decide on a lynchee with some time to spare to prevent that x3so PL.

it is not a policy lynch.

*backpedaled his first vote (possible rolefish too)
*okay with my claim -> MP lynch happens -> out of blue: "MP lynch distraction", "4nxi3ty scummy"
*vote sits on me all day today, with little to no actual pushing from his end. That makes total sense to do from a town pov :roll:
*serious lack of an indication to progress the game and/or his reads in a meaningful way

In post 451, x3so wrote:
In post 424, 4nxi3ty wrote:
In post 423, x3so wrote:
I find dgaul and Mrfixij are on same align

Explain.

I guess, everyone knows how Dgaul had single handed stopped Two not one of bandwagon of D1 as well D2. everyone has praised him so far for same.

Mrfixij on the other side has managed to understand my post, and replying back as well. He has interpreted all the game in very easy to understand way, next to DDD.

this explains nothing about why you think they are same align
And doesn't give away much on what you think that means towards their alignments?

and why the need to bring up DDD there, I was talking only about those two?
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (isolation #39) » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:17 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

I think we've been spiraling tad too much on jake v. ddd. I'd rather talk about x3so?

Jake is town for his conviction. Reads as town whose found scum and wants to lynch.

On lying: it's not clearcut because, while Badmonster was first to vote, DDD did comment about MP beforehand. But I still think the Badmonster push was weak and not seeing onion's replace in as towny is shrug. DDD's pressure on you was good imo. So shrug.

Also I side with DDD on the lurker lynch; lurkers are far more dangerous to figure out towards the end than early game.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (isolation #40) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:18 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 325, mrfixij wrote:vote placement analysis suggests x3.

how?
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (isolation #41) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:15 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

so x3so's reads are totally non-committal

and my guess is mrfix has been deflecting from that lynch since
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (isolation #42) » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:22 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 485, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:I wonder if he's actually thought he was being subtle with his machinations or if he just doesn't care.
If fix is scum with x3so he sorta has to push a counterlynch on you. A x3so scumflip forces him to contend with a tracker who in all likelihood will track him.

In other news the day is coming to a close and once again x3so has unvoted, content to not make any effort in the lynching.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (isolation #43) » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:59 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

unvote, vote: DDD

if danny flips town here...(well I'm partly to blame for my earlier push)
still, ppl being hesitant to lynch x3so cause of "language barrier" and "lurking" is...
looking past all that x3so content is seriously devoid of "trying to figure game out"

and still don't get why mrfix had no problem joining danny on the onion wagon but now danny voing x3so makes x3so town?
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (isolation #44) » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:03 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

meh lynching lurkers is fine in my book, especially when the lurker is actually scum
i disagree with the site-meta of infolynches, too idealistic
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (isolation #45) » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:32 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

no point in going through formalities with time running out, you risk a no lynch with timezone conflicts and irl popping up
if he was a powerrole danny would've calimed already too
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (isolation #46) » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:04 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

yeh, with a the chance of a doctor in the setup, no lynch is prolly correct

i tracked mrfixij last night

i'm still okay with my scumread on x3so but i'm reading somebody wrong here so would like to chat some before no lynch happens
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (isolation #47) » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:58 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

fine with going the hush hush route, leaving scum guessing

tho I am interested in x3so's reads simply stated
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (isolation #48) » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:20 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

whatevs, let's go
vote: No Lynch

sacrifices best calf to appease tracking gods
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (isolation #49) » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:20 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

so I'll share my thoughts about the game and etc. in a little bit, but before anything else I want to hear from x3so:

Who do you think is scum?
Who do you think is town?
And one sentence expaining why.
As simple as possible please.

(and this shouldn't need to be said, yet just in case: no votes should be placed yet: it is lylo.)
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (isolation #50) » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:50 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

I don't want to share my thoughts on others quite yet. It may alter responses.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (isolation #51) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:26 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

Jake flipping doctor completely changes my view of the game
In post 37, Badmonster wrote:Our job is not just to kill the scum but to protect the good guys.

I wrote off BM as town D1 because I thought this was the townslip where she was breadcrumbing doctor. That was a mistake on my part.

Last night, with onion and jake as town for me, I thought that meant x3so's buddy had to be in SA and Dgual so I tracked SA because Dgual looked way more likely to be town. SA visited no one.

My tracks have been useless this game -.- thought I try to make it seem like I tracked scum last night(hence no sharing thoughts/results right away), get a few reactions, at least try to get something useful out of my role. Not sure if I'll get much more out of x3so and onion in that regard.

Dgual's push on me after my claim is still a good reason for him being town. Like Jake's push on danny and like mrfixij's mocking on dgual, they all have the "this person
has
to be scum" attitude; very genuine approach to their scumread.

Looking back this is a good reason for SAtown:
In post 469, SilencedAscension wrote:mrfixij, who is my strongest scumread, but everyone thinks he's town and nobody is buying my reasoning and yeah.
I remember town games where people weren't listening to my scumreads and getting annoyed too. Scum don't usually care if they are being listened to because that means they are being ignored which is good for them.

When both DDD and x3so were at 3 votes the jump from onion is totally weird:
In post 499, onion wrote:
Anyway, DDD lynch is better than x3so lynch is better than no lynch. I guess i should move my vote.

Unvote: Jake from State Farm
Vote: Debonair Danny DiPietro
L-1.

In post 480, onion wrote:
I don't know why everyone thinks you are scum. You've been thrashing hard, and nothing slipped. You've finally answered my questions satisfactory, and you seem to be acting in the towns best interests.

In post 475, onion wrote:
Also also also, before the happenings of the last 24 hours, i would have preferred an x3so lynch for inactivity and not speaking american well enough over a DDD lynch, but now i'm pretty on the fence about it.

In post 464, onion wrote:
I'm not really seeing the case against DDD. Sure i got some questions for him, but if he gets those taken care of, he's no more suspicious than Jake or x3so, or SA who's been gone forever.

In post 422, onion wrote:Assuming DDD clears up that one point well, then that makes DDD pretty townish, and Jake scummy for doggedly pursuing a useful, pro-town townie.

especially when you consider he is following his top scumread onto the lynch
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (isolation #52) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:29 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 557, x3so wrote:
Though onion replaced BM, BM was very much keeping to herself, while onion is pretty much opposite in approach with same role.

this feels a tad fency

and let's be honest...you ignored my question to who is town? and your reaction to who is scum...is "I need some more explanation from these two players"?
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (isolation #53) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:40 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 553, Dgaul wrote:4nxiety, what do you think about the SA and X3so argument at the start?

SA's pressure on x3so felt genuine to me. What bothers you about it?

and
In post 36, SilencedAscension wrote:
Dgaul wrote:
At the moment SA, and X3 are both on a fence for me.

Can you list the possibilities you see in those two?

I am not sure if SA would ask this if they were scum together.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (isolation #54) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:50 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 563, onion wrote:But the pressure finally got to DDD and he started acting scummy.

uhhhh that's the exact opposite of the conclusion you reached...
In post 480, onion wrote:
I don't know why everyone thinks you are scum. You've been thrashing hard, and nothing slipped. You've finally answered my questions satisfactory, and you seem to be acting in the towns best interests.

and that was posted on the same page as your vote, like about 24 hours apart
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (isolation #55) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:21 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

still feels like you reached the conclusion that he wasn't cracking under pressure and looked more town than scum (even with the addendum of "things scum could do too" which looks more like leaving options open than anything else) so don't get why you are saying the "pressure finally got to DDD" today.

Why are you more concerned with pressuring Dgual than x3so today?
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (isolation #56) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:11 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

chrissakes let's get a read on x3so, its day 3, let's not be afraid of a language barrier

what do you think of Dgual defending him here?
In post 167, Dgaul wrote:
SA, X3so, DDD, Mrfix, and Jake should not be lynched.

In post 489, Dgaul wrote:Hello, I'm not voting for X3.
That is all.

(btw regardless of who's who and what's what, I think this game deserves a round of drink, just cause of how frustrating it's been)
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (isolation #57) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:15 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

nah, onion interpreted those Dgual quotes backwards. Those were good examples for a townDgual.
No reason for Dgual to stand out there when he could just default to a null read on x3so like the majority of people were doing.

Dgual looks solidly town right now imo.

Want to chat with SA real quick.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (isolation #58) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:33 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 582, onion wrote:wait, so dgaul looks solidly town because he friendlied up with x3so, who he himself is now considering probably scum? as opposed to dgaul looking scummy because he friendlied up with his scumbuddy earlier, and now distancting himself for the possible bussing? i swear Anxiety, you are scummier than anyone else here. too bad you're the tracker.

also note that dgaul is flat out refusing to answer my questions and produce useful information. maybe he has something to hide.

I don't know what planet you're on but scum don't friendly up to their buddies, no motive, scum do friendly up to town though.

Being antagonistic towards answering questions at this stage in the game is a town sign, scum would be more appeasing.

Dgual not wanting to argue with a scumread and instead move on to discussing with his townreads is also towny.

The "WAGONHOPS" and "AVOIDING MAH QUESTIONS" feel like a shallow attempt to push a mislynch.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (isolation #59) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:39 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 585, Dgaul wrote:With that out of the way, 4nxiety and SA. Anything you would like to talk about I am willing to discuss for forever.
right now I want to makes sure SA is town here, which is why I want to hear from SA, and then figure out how these (hopefully) last 2 days should go.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (isolation #60) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:11 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

no, you can still unvote and vote again

-

who do you want to vote?
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (isolation #61) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:09 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

I didn't
want
to claim, I
had
to claim to stop my lynch from happening.

Don't see where you are going with this, what the points is, or why, out of your two scumreads, you are focusing on me, who is confirmed town, instead of onion.

If your ISO
everything
amounts to just this, talking about me, which falls closer to filler than content that's about trying to figure game out, well...then...
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (isolation #62) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:14 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 575, Dgaul wrote:
Given that I feel like him reaching for the idea of AtE from SA early on is most likely scum on town as opposed to a bus.
this what you were talking about
In post 54, Badmonster wrote:UNVOTE: Dgaul VOTE: SilencedAscension
While as a shy person my heart kind of goes out to SilencedAscension, I feel like the above is meant to be a bit manipulative. Why would someone try to manipulate the vote? It's too suspicious for me not to vote them.

ya definitely agree with onion/SA not being a team
specifically the "why manipulate vote" part is laying it on a tad thick

Dgual, who do you think would be the best lynch for today?

-

SA, where you at in the reading? An inkling about were your leaning towards lynching these last two days would be awesome, even if you're not done reading. Whatever's on your mind at the moment.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (isolation #63) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:00 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 598, Dgaul wrote:4nxiety, that is correct.
I mean literally either X3so or Onion. Probably Onion today.
SA, the role is always the same, a person changing does not swap alignment.
Please do not come back with a snap vote btw.

prolly saying onion's towniness negates bm's scumminess
SA trying to figure out which read is right

I'm rilly rilly confident in x3so being scum here so that was my preferred lynch at the start of today

problem is what is going to happen tomorrow? Are you going to have to convince SA to vote onion?
If we push for lynching onion today, is SA going to countervote you today? (that's if SA reaches the conclusion of dgual-scum and onion-town)
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (isolation #64) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:33 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

0.o
O.0
o.O
o.o

so I'll post my final thoughts tomorrow morning and we can get this show on the road
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (isolation #65) » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:00 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

For onion the biggest point against him is centered around the danny lynch. He was the deciding vote and that lynch did save x3so. Losing a scumbuddy there would've practically been a death sentence for scum with a tracker with a doctor protecting, which scum knew about already cause of the no kill, so it makes sense to save x3so and not bus. Onion showing dissatisfaction with the danny case and also being satisfied with danny's answer to his question makes the vote there all the more strange.

Day 1 and Day 2 Dgual said he would not vote for x3so with no reason attached. Scum don't do that. They'd want a solid reason to defend their buddy or at the very least have majority of people townreading x3so as well. Like when x3so flips he'd be putting himself in an awkward postion trying to explain that read.

Today I liked Dgual's appeals to open discussion: "SA ask me some questions" and so forth.
The fact that he reached the same conclusion as me on onion/sa not being scum together without me saying anything about it bodes well, shows that he had the same mindset as me, and shows effort to figure out the game by digging into past events.

I think onion attempted to go for a win today by pushing for Dgual. I've seen scum use VCA in later stages to justify a lynch. It's easy to point to a number on a wagon, not look at context, and go: "see, scum, votes say so". It lacks digging into the motivations for the votes. And the reason for x3so/dgual being a scumteam makes zero sense to me.

Anyway, I'll be voting x3so after SA posts, so you can hash it all out the next day. Good luck.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (isolation #66) » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:57 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

What does everyone think about the Badmonster on Day 1 on the pretense that onion didn't exist?

Following the crowd.

What does everyone else think of mrfixij putting on tunnel vision mode on Dgaul?

Not much. About the same as jake tunneling ddd. I liked Dgual's reaction of "who are your scums when I flip town".

4nxi3ty, do you have more confidence in x3so being scum and not sending then kill rather than him being town?

Yes.

What does everyone think of onion's stance in this game when he first replaced Badmonster?

Dgual got townread for pushing a PR claim so I think onion folllowed suit and tried to do something similar for towncred.

What does everyone think of x3so's stance in Day 2 prior to when 4nxi3ty voted him?

Like he didn't want to say too much about other players in the game, ie. mostly focused on me.

vote: x3so
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (isolation #67) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:54 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

there's not enough time to end the argument before deadline, plenty of time next day anyway
plus nolynch=scumwin

at least since no quickhammer happened after my vote it is good sign we're lynching scum

votes plz
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (isolation #68) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:49 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 615, onion wrote: each response to your questions is flat out no-info. its useless.

That's an exaggeration.

how about because he's been on every bandwagon ever, and never explained his votes.

Blanket statement. My slot could be described as joining bandwagons too.
And not true. If I remember right the only vote that might be construed as not explaining is the SA one, 'cept he did explain it later as an early game move to see reactions.

He's the only unconfirmed on the DDD wagon, and i very much don't think there were no scum on it.
You fit this descript too, so...

His 'that literally loses the game' statement in 602 is fearmongering and discouraging the proper flow of play
You're taking a single sentence for one post and putting it in the worst possible light, hoping something sticks for tomorrow. Not to mention nothing about that post discourages "proper flow of play".
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (isolation #69) » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:18 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 617, SilencedAscension wrote:I might have to read over the whole shabang the next Day.

Skimming and using the 'display posts by user' function at the bottom can help.
That way you're not losing sleep over a forum game, heh.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (isolation #70) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:45 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

Glad SA came around. All day it was looking like a Dgual lynch.

Also to Anxiety, i managed to predict who you'd track on both night 2 and 3.

yeah I was being really obvious at that point, partly because I didn't really care and just wanted the daygame to go smoothly, and also hoping maybe stating it ouright might throw scum through a loop (especially since my first track was on a stated townread)
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (isolation #71) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:28 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

I can't believe I told you to take the L-1 vote off of onion -.- heh
At the time I was like
oh god they're going to lynch the doctor
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (isolation #72) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:08 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

You thought Onion was the doctor? My word.

In post 37, Badmonster wrote:Our job is not just to kill the scum but to protect the good guys.

Doesn't that look a lot like softing doc? I thought that was the townslip jake was talking about. I did have Badmonster as my first scumread before that though.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”