Newbie 1673: University of Mafiascum Class 108 - D4- OVER!

Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:12 pm

Post by Usted »

/confirm
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:49 am

Post by Usted »

I believe the game starts now,
VOTE: workdawg

That sig.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #2) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:48 am

Post by Usted »

In post 16, Kahlan wrote:I'm with Drixx VOTE: Extrapolated Eagle VOTE:

@usted why vote for workdawg?

3-0 as scummer. No other reason. Why are you voting with drixx on EE?
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #3) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:00 am

Post by Usted »

This is my second game that I have played here at mafiascum. RVS was a term that I had to look up on the wiki site. Scummy/Scummer is a phrase that I was able to very easily interpret as mafia. That's just my two cents.

I think that EE is being a bit overzealous on Kahlan questioning my vote. I didn't see her questioning of my vote to be defending Dawg, I just figured that she was trying to start some conversation.

However I do find it strange that no one has mentioned anything to Dominator. Came in, votes like two others already had(sheep), and hasn't said anything since. I feel that noob scum would try to stay under the radar as much as possible, try not to stir much drama, and let town fight it out between themselves.

Also EE this is a newb game so people are gonna have questions. Let's treat everyone with respect.

On the other side of things if you have questions you can ask here or go to:http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Main_Page
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #4) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:15 am

Post by Usted »

However Kahlan I would like to know the same thing EE has asked several times. Why question my vote, but cast the same vote as drixx. Drixx said his vote was for obvious reasons, but I don't see the reason. (Common to vote the person with /first post?)

Drixx, I know your vote was RVS, but why EE?
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #5) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:36 pm

Post by Usted »

In post 42, Kahlan wrote:
In post 38, Usted wrote:However Kahlan I would like to know the same thing EE has asked several times. Why question my vote, but cast the same vote as drixx. Drixx said his vote was for obvious reasons, but I don't see the reason. (Common to vote the person with /first post?)

Drixx, I know your vote was RVS, but why EE?

Well the honest truth is I was in the process of typing out EEs name to vote when Drixx voted before me. I'm very slow at typing ( in the process of practicing :D ) so I just reworded my vote because I thought that was how I was suppose to do in order to show I'm part of the town and who I wanted to vote for was just the same as Drixx. I was asking questions because I though that is what we were suppose to do to wager on if we are voting right or if votes need to be changed. I honestly didn't realize you have already put a reason to your vote. That is why I asked the question. And still voted for who I was using as my RVS vote.

EE, you are misinterpreting part of your case against Kahlan. You said that she was buddying drixx for town cred. She claims to have RVS'd you all on her own and just didn't submit until after drixx made his vote.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #6) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:57 pm

Post by Usted »

UNVOTE: workdawg
I see no reason to leave my vote there for now. I am not sure about the EE train. I honestly think that EE is likely a very active townie at this point. Excited about the game, excited to find scum, and in the haste has had some poor word choice. Despite all of the pressure on him he has maintained his composure decently well (not perfectly, but who does?).

i have stated it before and I will say again that dominator is being a bit weird. I realize that they are V/LA, but why participate in RVS? It almost feels like they are trying really hard to blend in. SURELY it's against the rules to lie about VLA though.

Drixx seems to be playing a bit strangely this game as well. Encouraging L-1 in a noob game in day 1 seems like an easy way to get a n00b to accihammer. I also don't feel that EE being at L-1 has provided anymore information than him being L-2 (happened on first page iirc). Also I would expect an IC to have a different playstyle, more welcoming perhaps. For example, his first post say vote EE for obvious reasons, (not obvious) and then condemns EE for using acronyms and "Mafia terms"

Still don't have much of a read on ness, newbie, Kahlan, or insert last persons name here (posting via phone so can't easily check) :(
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (isolation #7) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:57 pm

Post by Usted »

VOTE: drixx

Can't forget this
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #8) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:58 pm

Post by Usted »

The person I couldn't think of was thespio? Pretty sure they haven't posted yet so I don't feel bad for forgetting them :P
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (isolation #9) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:04 pm

Post by Usted »

In post 109, Kahlan wrote:With this being my first game I have ever played I didn't realize how crazy things could get in here. I may need to take a step back and Reread everything to get a clearer prospective on who I think might be scum.

I'm no veteran, but in order to scum hunt people question others, they analyze other, they put a microscope on others to see how they react. If they react one way it's scummy, another way it's townie. Everything day1 pretty much comes down to slips, gut feels, and luck. If you feel like you are being attacked don't take it personally. Let it be an opportunity for your towniness to shine (or perhaps to hide your scumness?)

Don't take things personally. (That's easier said than done!). Interrogation is part of the game :)
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (isolation #10) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:07 pm

Post by Usted »

What's your avatar? " "
What's your time zone? Also Central time in the good ole Merica
How often do you expect to post? Pretty often (I'm a teacher and school starts up on the 4th)
Which player in the game do you know best? Don't know anyone
Yellow button, green button or red button? Color blind , so the one on the left?

And holy crap we have some things in common ness
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (isolation #11) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:55 pm

Post by Usted »

This is my first game on this site that isn't a blitz style game. I just figured it was normal for when the thread died down to RQS? If that's not something people usually do then I apologize, but my intent wasn't to backtrack the game.

In hindsight though I can see that that sort of posting can easily distract from what's going on. Perhaps something was said that ness didn't like and wanted to change the subject? I however imagine that it's just a case of misinterpreting RQS? I know I'm not entirely sure what it is.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (isolation #12) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:13 pm

Post by Usted »

He is saying that I am your white knight prett sure. If he dies and flips town then me and you are in the spotlight because I'm town reading you and I put pressure on drixx.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (isolation #13) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:17 pm

Post by Usted »

In post 128, Drixx wrote:
In post 125, N e s s wrote:Honestly, i did an RQS because we weren't going anywhere.

I would say that someone being rescued from pressure and then a counter wagon starting on the person applying the pressure (me) was definitely us going somewhere. It may not be anywhere good in terms of today's results ... but once I'm indisputably proven town by my flip, the town should be in good position to breeze through this. I haven't seen a more blatant rescue and counter wagon in a long long time.

It could have also been ness trying to divert attention away from drixx train. We found our scummers! Ggwp can I sign up as an IC now?
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #14) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:18 pm

Post by Usted »

On a serious note it's getting a bit late and I'm getting a bit tired. I'll probably still be around for a bit.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #15) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:16 am

Post by Usted »

In post 72, N e s s wrote:Alright, so i'm not a stranger to mafia. I've played atleast 5 games at this point, so here we go.

Right now i'm seeing 3 possibilitys.

1)Drixx is scum: From that post above, its a bit scummy...but i'm not one to make conclusions usually. He's been posting well so far, and i'm starting to think he's town. Null town.

2)Eagle is scum: seems to be the prime target right now, but yes, i will agree that this is scummy-
Yes. And that was noted. It has also been noted that you have nothing to say as far as actual reads are concerned, as I stated before. I do not see how pushing you to share your thoughts on the current game state is scummy, but now that you have clearly stated you have no intention in sharing those things and contributing to the thread except to discourage people from interacting with your IIoA (information over analysis) I have a scum read on you as well.

FoS Drixx

I would still like you to interact with the thread and share your thoughts instead of just chatting about theory and how you will help us with it, however. The other one might not be scum and interactions help me find your scum buddy.

lol, eagle is basically agent hydra right now. If i had to choose anyone in the thread right now, its him. But yeah, this post is him putting words inside drixx's mouth. So, i'm going to cast my vote on him for the time being.

VOTE: Extrapolated Eagle

I'm guessing this is the post you are referring to. Yes you call EE and drixx scum. You say that you're getting a scum read. Any scummer is gonna say they think that their team mate is scummy because they don't want to have appeared to have defended their scum bud. So you bussed away from drixx a bit here, and then you vote the same target that drixx votes.

I've stated I find it possible that there is a drixx/ness scum team. Is that right? Doubtfully. I'm not really scum reading EE. I just think he is overzealous town who's words are getting the best of him. If I'm wrong and he flips scum does that look bad for me? Hell yeah. But meh I'm sticking to my gut here. I'd much rather see a drixx/ness lynch vs an EE kill.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #16) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:03 pm

Post by Usted »

@newbie

He started the RQS about two posts after I laid the first vote on drixx. Ness could have jumped on the drixx train in case he got lynched to appear very pro town? I mean, that's entirely possible. I also stated that in all likelihood my guess was wrong. Day1 finding both scum isn't exactly common (especially for me).

Anyways I'm away from home on a trip until Saturday, posting will be light.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (isolation #17) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:35 am

Post by Usted »

In post 184, N e s s wrote:@usted

"Whoa he's scum but we shouldn't kill him now!"

Who does that? If i'm scum in your eyes, why aren't you voting me?

And if you're onto me for voting Drixx, why are you STILL voting him?

Did you miss the post where I said that I thought both you and drixx were scum? Sorry I can't vote for both of you. Asking for votes though is a scum thing to do. Also you are putting words in my mouth. With qoutes even. If you want to quote what I say use the quote feature on these forums. Don't twist my words and put that in qoutes.

@Drixx
How often do days go until deadline? I am more used to playing Mafia games that have a blitz format.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (isolation #18) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:36 am

Post by Usted »

I would like to point out that 2/3 votes on EE are from RVS.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (isolation #19) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:14 pm

Post by Usted »

After reviewing thedom Iso. I'm ok with a lynch there. Drixx is openly lurking. Which imo is scummy. It's like he is scared to slip. The way that ness has responded to pressure makes me not really want to lynch him. So for now I'll leave my vote on drixx. If thedom doesn't participate more then I will switch over to him.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (isolation #20) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:49 pm

Post by Usted »

I'm here. Just don't have much to contribute. I would be in favor of finding a replacement for Dom. And also

UNVOTE:
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (isolation #21) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:56 pm

Post by Usted »

With Kahlan ignoring the RVS of Dom while questioning mine, and then as drixx pointed out easily deciding to push against Dom I would say that I want to vote Kahlan. Suggesting policy lynch in your first game ever isn't too solid. You want to learn how to scum hunt, not just get by. I really do think that some of her inconsistency is scummy.

VOTE: kahlan
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (isolation #22) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:58 am

Post by Usted »

intent to hammer

I've said it befote that I think he is scum and this day isn't going to give us anymore info
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (isolation #23) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:09 pm

Post by Usted »

In post 337, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:
In post 336, Usted wrote:
intent to hammer

I've said it befote that I think he is scum and this day isn't going to give us anymore info

He's already claimed VT.

Umm, if you're so sure he is a VT then why was your vote on him, and why are planning to re vote him?
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (isolation #24) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:30 pm

Post by Usted »

I can see why people would want to lynch me today. I have been inactive. The other forum style mafia game that I have played on a different site puts much less in day 1 reads. I find that it is hard to read people this early in a game. Ultimately I find Day ones to be very boring. I will be more active in the future. I also feel that a since I don't know anyone in this game I am having a hard time remembering who said what and when.

Once again
intent to hammer

PEDIT:
N E S S -- this is Kahlans first game I think. I really feel that you are confusing newb town with scummy behavior. As for me, well its obvious to me that you are wrong about it so meh no reason to go into that too much.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (isolation #25) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:38 pm

Post by Usted »

Is it just me or is Zar's font really hard to read and a bit nauseating. (it looks like 3d, granted I have really bad vision and my glasses are really thick and that causes some issues with seeing colors properly).

Anyways now we have some things to dicuss like how I was wrong about drixx being scum, and we were all wrong about NESS being scum. It is pretty late here so I will go back and look at some ISO's to see who I think would be likely to kill drixx (welcome to WIFOM city)
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (isolation #26) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:22 am

Post by Usted »

New background made a huge difference.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (isolation #27) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:35 am

Post by Usted »

In post 397, Workdawg wrote:Well, that sucks. It is too bad that our IC is gone. It occurs to me now after looking back that Drixx mentioned a few "interesting things" early in the day that he never elaborated on, so we're going to miss out on that, as well as his guidance as an experience scum hunter. :(

In post 393, Usted wrote:...
Anyways now we have some things to dicuss like
how I was wrong about drixx being scum
, and we were all wrong about NESS being scum. It is pretty late here so I will go back and look at some ISO's to see who I think would be likely to kill drixx (welcome to WIFOM city)

If you thought Drixx was scum, why was your vote on Kahlan at the end of the day and not Drixx?

Over the course of Day 1 I in fact stated that I thought many different people were scum. In 132 and 138 I thought there was a ness/drixx scum team (in retrospect that is kinda hilarious).

in #309 I gave my reason for voting Kahlan.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (isolation #28) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:39 am

Post by Usted »

I don't see how me saying that last day phase I thought drixx was scummy but I voted on kahlan is any different than you saying that you thought EE was scummy but moved your vote over to Ness.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (isolation #29) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:46 am

Post by Usted »

I posted an intent to hammer on NESS twice. If we had gotten closer to deadline and I felt that day was stalling then I would have hammered NESS. My vote wasn't on NESS because if I had put it there it would have ended day. Right after I posted each intent it seemed as if people were like "I am about to say something," and then I went and did other things. If I post intent to hammer, leave for a few hours, and then come back to nothing new then I will hammer. But that wasn't the case. I just wasn't around at an appropriate time in my mind to hammer.

Now, if I was scum I would have wanted to make sure that I was on that NESS train almost regardless of what other people were wanting to post because of the fact had stated that he was scummy to begin with. I can see how me pushing on NESS a bit and then not voting him would make me look scummy, but I don't really have to worry about being scummy this game because I don't have anything to hide.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (isolation #30) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:03 am

Post by Usted »

My biggest scum read would likely be on Soulmonarch at the moment. Their vote rested easy in the middle of the NESS train, they haven't done anything too suspicious. They are masking very little content with a whole lot of flavor.

Also at the risk of seeming OMGUSy I think that workdawg could be in the same boat. Not as much flavor, but he recapped the NESS train, and then pointed his finger at me which is the easy thing to do.

Drixx stated that he wanted to lynch me (even wanted to consider trying to move votes D1 but there simply wasn't enough time). Then Drixx dies which put me under even more of a spotlight. EE picks up on this, and then WorkDawg comes in and piles on more reasons why I should be focused.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (isolation #31) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:30 am

Post by Usted »

I made a small case for Kahlan. That is in the same post as my vote on her (309).

I think this is funny coming from you considering the reason that you voted NESS was because the game is getting stale ( post 313).

looking through your ISO I don't see you talking about NESS much at all. you asked him to answer the questions the EE was asking him.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (isolation #32) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:50 pm

Post by Usted »

Drixx is this games supposed most experienced player and has flipped town. Near the end of D1 he stated that he wanted me lynched. I'd say I'm a pretty easy target. Scum obviously saw this opportunity to make sure that I would be looked into today.

Also I was really pretty inactive D1 so idk if this site does any Lynch all lurkers policy lynches but I'd fit into that policy I'd say.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (isolation #33) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:15 am

Post by Usted »

What you are describing is called WIFOM.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (isolation #34) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:37 am

Post by Usted »

Sure, pushing on someone and then not voting them is inconsistent. If you think someone is scum then you vote them. I stated that I thought Ness was scum, but I never voted him. That is inconsistent and if I were playing as scum I would have played it differently. Which of course if a Wifomy answer but its the truth.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (isolation #35) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:12 am

Post by Usted »

So I've been thinking about this for a bit, even considered doing it day 1.

Now I think I've come up with a soft claim that allows our other tpr to remain hidden, but allows for them to better understand the setup without giving the same luxury to scum. And imo it also clears my name. You'll have to trust me a bit here. The reason I'm being sketchy about this is because if I just outright claim then scum will have a better understanding of why tprs they are against.

I'm a tpr and my role rests in the left two columns.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (isolation #36) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:11 am

Post by Usted »

The other tpr knows I'm telling the truth.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (isolation #37) » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:31 pm

Post by Usted »

At this point I see Soul as the most likely scum. It seems as if they tried to skew what my claim actually means. I thought out all of the scenarios in my head about what information my claim would give the other pr as well as what information it could potentially give Mafia.

I am in fact aware of the 1 column or row feature. That is the whole basis of my claim. Any time someone is a PR they know the exact setup between 2 options (their row or column). I don't know the exact setup but I do have it narrowed down between 1 row and 1 column.

I think would is also trying to town slip by talking about the possible existence of a Mafia rb.

And for the reasons stated above
VOTE: soulmonarch
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (isolation #38) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:55 am

Post by Usted »

im not sure what you want me to respond to. You didn't ask me any questions. Your ability to analyze the situation so well makes me feel that you have more information than the VT's. God bless you if you are the other pr, because you should've layed low. Thus my vote remains.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (isolation #39) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:58 am

Post by Usted »

Here is what I intended to be interpreted from my message.

I am a pr in the left two columns, and I know that there is another pr. That means that the game is NOT Row 1, Column 2, or Column three.

The town roles in the left two columns are JK, Cop, VT, and one shot. If I was a VT I am pretty sure I would be not aware that I was a VT from the matrix. If I were JK there would be 50/50 shot that we had a one shot or a VT. if I was cop it would be 50/50 between VT and doctor. But I KNOW there is another PR.

So obviously yes I am one shot bpv townie. Anyone given my message could have interpreted this.

Now I suppose it is possible that I could be lying about this claim, but why would I go to all the trouble.

As a one shot bpv there is a 50/50 that there is a goon/goon setup or a goon/RB'r mafia setup. So now mafia knows more than we do.

I was trying to send a message to the other PR but you guys decided to go out and say it anyways.

Is it common to lynch claimed power roles? Surely not.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (isolation #40) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:49 am

Post by Usted »

Me not getting lynched is good for town.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (isolation #41) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:17 am

Post by Usted »

Well I'd say that claiming now is pretty decent. They either spend the next 2-4 nights trying to kill me with JK(if we have one) protecting me (Or it would give two chances for the town tracker to find who is visiting me). Or they leave me up until the end and when a Tracker/JK flips you can know I was telling the truth and we can PoE to victory. I'm not saying that we have this game in the bag by any means, and in retrospect I realize that I likely provided more information to mafia than to town. However, the other TPR now knows the exact setup as well.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (isolation #42) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:27 am

Post by Usted »

Also I feel that late in the day claims come off as desperate. That's why I wanted shut any potential of a train on me down ASAP
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (isolation #43) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:23 am

Post by Usted »

So I've been thinking about this for a while now.

When I initially made my claim about being a tpr I thought that EE's initial response was something that the other PR would have had. But then he buddies up with soul who was thinking that my claim wasn't great(which I can see that PoV) and he votes for me. So I think that EE is Mafia based on his reaction to my claim.

At first he ignored it, then when someone tried to discredit me he jumped all over it.

Also Drixx seemed pretty dead on the fact the EE was pretty scummy yesterday.

VOTE: EE

Pedit: workdawg while you're here what do you think about EE
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (isolation #44) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:25 am

Post by Usted »

Well obviously my Vote on EE didn't spark any interest.

Warnings Huntress is now L-1 -- do not hammer without a post of intent

VOTE: Huntress
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (isolation #45) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:44 pm

Post by Usted »

In post 502, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:
In post 501, newbieinmafia wrote:Just because I don't really show emotions, doesn't mean I am scum though. I can't even defend myself against it because it's just how I play.

I know. It makes me feel bad because that's why I pushed a dier lynch in the last newbie game I played and ... yeah. You people can be hard to read. Right now I just want huntress lynched and then move from there.

I don't like this. You just want to lynch Huntress and move from there? You realize we have 7 people right now and 2 Mafia. That means that if we mislynch today and Mafia gets off a kill tonight we are in Lylo.

Let's play a little more carefully. Also a tad disappointed that Huntress said they would be active today and still isn't.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (isolation #46) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:47 pm

Post by Usted »

In post 496, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:Lynch me before we lynch soul, that's how certain I am in my town read of him.

Honestly not a fan of that tactic. Scum tell imo. "I'm such a noble VT you can lynch me"
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (isolation #47) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:34 pm

Post by Usted »

I've heard that a true random RVS is frowned upon.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Random_Vote

Clearly states at the bottom that a truly random vote is frowned upon
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (isolation #48) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:58 pm

Post by Usted »

In post 551, newbieinmafia wrote:I read about what Huntress said in one of the few games I read. I don't know if it's banned but the person who explained his RVS using RNG was questioned because the point of RVS is to get into discussion quickly but RNG doesn't help with that.

Giving intent to hammer Huntress
- probably tomorrow night

Could you elaborate a little more on why you find Huntress scummy?
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (isolation #49) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:05 pm

Post by Usted »

Honestly I only switched my vote to Huntress because I wanted to see if anyone would Unvote (I suspected Eagle would). However, it was you. I never had any intention of leaving my vote there. However, I find it very unlikely that Huntress is a PR, because they would be pretty much forced to claim at this point.

UNVOTE:

intent to hammer Eagle

Newbie. Why are you ok with a soul/huntress lynch but not an EE lynch. We also know that workdawg has a very strong scum game. I currently don't have any solid town reads at the moment. But I think EE is my biggest scum read, followed by you newbie. I realize my voting pattern has been beyond strange today, but that's mostly because I wanted to see what would happen if I applied pressure in various places.

I have voted Eagle, Huntress, and Soul(that's if my memory is serving me well). 2 of those are now L-1.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (isolation #50) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:05 am

Post by Usted »

My read in Huntress is null leaning town. But honestly that could change. It might be beneficial to go back and see if perhaps Dom left this game because he didn't like his role card.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (isolation #51) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:09 am

Post by Usted »

So it would seem we are at LyLo. If town puts a vote out and it's on another town then scum can end the game.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #600 (isolation #52) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:56 pm

Post by Usted »

so both scum were on both trains.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (isolation #53) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:15 am

Post by Usted »

So here is how I see it.
I am pretty much confirmed town. Kahlan being tracker backs my story.
We have 2 VT's and 2 Goon's floating around. Now, at this point, other than myself, everyone is going to claim to be a VT and try to play like one. However, we have 2 actual VT's. Since I am confirmed town EACH of these two townies have a 2/3 chance of picking scum. Basically at this point everyone needs to post their reads on everyone else. As to not skew anyones opinions I would like to go last (I only have a 50-50 randomly picking scum, where as the VT's have significantly better odds).
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (isolation #54) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:51 am

Post by Usted »

In post 609, Workdawg wrote:That seems pretty reasonable. Would you like to pick the order?

I don't want to influence this in any way. Just post yours when you have it, and that goes for everyone.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #613 (isolation #55) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:51 pm

Post by Usted »

Alphabetical
Extrapolated Eagle, newbieinmafia, soulmonarch, Workdawg

I'll go last
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (isolation #56) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:53 am

Post by Usted »

Me posting my scum reads before everyone else defeats the purpose. I dont want to influence any of the other 4 players reads
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (isolation #57) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:58 am

Post by Usted »

Eh, I am kinda over this game.
VOTE: eagle
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (isolation #58) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:39 pm

Post by Usted »

UNVOTE:
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (isolation #59) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:32 pm

Post by Usted »

Eagle/Newbie mafia. they are clearly lurking
VOTE: eagle
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (isolation #60) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:02 pm

Post by Usted »

you have been "rereading" the thread since sunday. It is now Thursday. I don't understand.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (isolation #61) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:19 am

Post by Usted »

In post 630, soulmonarch wrote:Huh. Not what I expected.

But I'll say this: At this point, scum win if they knock off one townie. So if Usted leaves the vote on Eagle and he
doesn't
get hammered... it pretty much confirms he's scum.
It also directly implicates Workdawg as the second.

Not a gambit I'd have played, but it will certainly brings a speedy win for one side or the other.

Explain the bolded
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #634 (isolation #62) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:27 am

Post by Usted »

Well since Eagle is pretty much confirmed scum at this point due to the fact that he is still alive and town hast lost there isnt going to be much more legitimate conversation. This is the order that I trust people atm.

Usted > WD > Soul = Newbie > Eagle
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (isolation #63) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:07 am

Post by Usted »

I can't help but feel that mafia misplayed last night. If they don't kill anyone at all then there is an extra person floating around to mislynch. Also Newbie was my biggest scum read so I probably would have thrown the game had he not.

It is also a bit frustrating knowing that I am the only person who doesn't know who the remaining scum player is.
Final Mafia goon obviously knows who they are
Final VT knows that the player that is not them and not me is scum
I have a 50-50.

Basically Workdawg and soul both know the roles of all three remaining players. Both players are going to try to convince me which one of them is the VT. Let the games begin.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (isolation #64) » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:01 am

Post by Usted »

In post 643, Workdawg wrote:Is this where I throw some WIFOM (same as you did, Usted, ) on the fire and say that I'm a much better scum player and I clearly wouldn't have done that? lol

Also VOTE: soul because he must be the last scum.

Aside from the fact that you 'know' he must be scum from PoE build a case against him.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #650 (isolation #65) » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:47 am

Post by Usted »

I promise not to drag this game out too long I'll make a decision in the next 48 hours. I have some WIFOM to consider.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (isolation #66) » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:00 pm

Post by Usted »

Why has no one mentioned the fact that Eagle called Soul out as his biggest town read. Even went far enough to say "lynch me before we lynch soul"

Eagles playstyle was pretty gun ho this game. Its a strong bit of WIFOM.

I want to vote WorkDawg. I think that Soul responding to my vote on Eagle last day phase was very towny. Now it could all be here as a trick. Soul says that last remaining scum would have to be workdawg. And then workdawg gets lefts alive over Newbie if Soul is scum.

I just put random names in my "trust list."

Ultimately if Workdawg is scum I can't let him be 4-0.

Gg Eagle/Soul if I'm wrong. That's some ballsy buddying to do with your own partner.

VOTE: WorkDawg
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (isolation #67) » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:02 pm

Post by Usted »

If I was going based only what has been said today I'd probably have voted soul. Hope I chose right.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (isolation #68) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:08 am

Post by Usted »

Town, you're welcome.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (isolation #69) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:25 am

Post by Usted »

I wouldn't say that I "got lucky." I was scum reading Eagle pretty hard. As a confirmed townie I don't have to worry about "what if this looks scummy." I actually read through the entire thread a couple times, I just didn't try to make people think that me reading the thread was an excuse for inactivity. Eagle was CRAZY active at the beginning of the game, and as soon as we got to LyLo he started lurking. This coupled with the fact that he totally IGNORED my Role Claim in his first post after the claim made me feel very sure that he was scum.

As far as you, well. Like I said earlier I just completely made up a 'trust list.' I figured if Newbie or Soul was scum then they would have killed you off since I was "town reading" you. But I put you as my biggest town read because I felt like you were the biggest wildcard. The fact that Soul got left up after Eagle had HARD defended him made no sense to me.

I wouldn't say I got lucky Day 4, maybe I got lucky Day 3 by picking Eagle, but he was scummy to me based on how he responded to my claim (Note: I initially thought that Eagle was the other PR based on his response, but once Kahlan flipped I was sold).

As a confirmed town player in LyLo I feel thts giving out almost no information is the way to go. Prevents Mafia from playing around my thoughts.

ALSO, I clearly stated that I wanted my town reads on D3 to be the last to be expressed, yet you pushed me "create an order" and then you proceed to dislike the order because you think that the order should somehow represent my reads. DOH I WANTED TO GIVE MY READS LAST.

But yeah GG, I probably would have been lynched Day 2 had I not claimed because my town play comes off as very scummy, and I pretty well knew that spending 2-4 nights on trying to kill me (I thought we might still have a JK when I claimed) Or having a confirmed town alive through end game would be very beneficial.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (isolation #70) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:45 am

Post by Usted »

Looking through the Mafia QT I want to clarify a few things. I never gave up on this game. I did all the scum hunting I felt I could. I didn't want to contribute to the thread because that would skew the opinions of others. I did go balls deep on the Eagle Vote, but thats the only careless thing I did late game.

There was no reason for me to contribute one single piece of information when it was down to three people. I knew that WD would vote Soul and vice versa. I was actually hoping that the scum would try to counter claim me but yeah, that would be too easy.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (isolation #71) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:01 am

Post by Usted »

I was scum hunting, but there was no reason to post my thoughts in the thread.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (isolation #72) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:40 pm

Post by Usted »

What did you guys think about the timing of my claim? The presentation I'm realizing was a bit awful, but yeah. When thinking about claiming I saw no real downside because I figured they wouldn't want to waste 2 NK's on me. Id like to hear some thoughts.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”