Newbie 1674: Fireworks! -- Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
TurikoB
TurikoB
Townie
TurikoB
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:56 pm

Post by TurikoB »

Hello everyone! I'm really excited to finally play on Mafiascum.

VOTE: BadAtThisGame

Vote for... being bad? Hopefully you aren't that bad.
TurikoB
TurikoB
Townie
TurikoB
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:04 am

Post by TurikoB »

1) I've been playing Town of Salem for the last two weeks (since I've registered here), which is obviously different than this game, but not so bad. Other than that, a few occasions, when our class played Mafia IRL, but those were too casual to count as "real Mafia experience".
2) It depends on the possible fellow townies/scum mates. I would choose the side whose members are smarter. But assuming I don't have that information in advance, I would choose the uninformed majority. It's more fun figuring the mafia out - if you have decent partners in it.
3) What kind of answer do you expect here? I'm town, but I except everyone to say the same. And I wonder, what your answers would be to these questions?
TurikoB
TurikoB
Townie
TurikoB
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (isolation #2) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:22 pm

Post by TurikoB »

In post 16, Frozen Angel wrote:are you nervous?

At least I answered the questions.
TurikoB
TurikoB
Townie
TurikoB
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (isolation #3) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:35 pm

Post by TurikoB »

In post 19, Frozen Angel wrote:why you think I didn't answered them?

and why are you nervous? you just confirmed it.

Yes, I am aware that you two know eachother, and even you three have some game history between yourselves. So you started with some sort of a head start. I know it isn't much, though. But I want to close this some sort of "information gap", and try to gather some information. That's why I wanted you to answer here. After all, we play in the thread and not on the wiki, aren't we?
You are right, that I am nervous. But this isn't the kind of nervousness you expect, I'm not nervous because my role, but because this is my first game. Being silent is a calm strategy, but not the way I'd like to play

In school, I only have time to defend myself or react shortly, so in general, except me to write longer posts in the afternoons.
TurikoB
TurikoB
Townie
TurikoB
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (isolation #4) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:51 am

Post by TurikoB »

After reading through the posts so far, and also your Wiki page, I found 2,5 of your 3 answers. That means neither am I right (so I can't say you entirely missed to answer in thread), but nor you are (because 2,5 answers are still not 3 answers), so the base of this discussion is about nuances. In case you wondering, I have found, that you prefer playing mafia over the other roles, but I haven't found anywhere, why do you prefer it?

ShockZephyr came here earlier and defended me by his latest post. She might have an early suspicion, by saying you are able to bias me as an SE. I appreciate her defense, but I'm not 100% agreed with her. I do not think you are experience biasing me or string me up, or at least I'm not suspecting it for now. But I can always refer back to this if/when I start to feel there might be multiple suspicions around you.

Aphix's response: I agree that this conversation started as an implication between us, as not the most serious thing, at around the edge of the RVS. (I wonder, is RVS behind us already?) In my opinion, the game needed to start somewhere, and if it was by you and your bias, I don't mind, I feel like I can get over it. The way I will react to this in the future will depend on others' reactions. My opinion is that you don't want do bias my lack of experience, but that's only a gut feeling right now, which can change if others can convince me.

What do you think about these posts?
TurikoB
TurikoB
Townie
TurikoB
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (isolation #5) » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:21 am

Post by TurikoB »

In post 31, Frozen Angel wrote:I don't like this. You find my post scummy or not scummy. there is no middle ground in mafia. standing in middleground and "I can get back to it" is a scum tell.

If I suspected you, I would voted on you or at least used FoS on you by now. I see it's not the case the other way round, hopefully I can convince you in the future.

In post 39, ika wrote:Turkio why are you so wordy about such things?

Wordy in general or wordy in particular? If it's about Frozen Angels' answers, I think it's over-explained by now.
TurikoB
TurikoB
Townie
TurikoB
Townie
Townie

Post Post #215 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:04 am

Post by TurikoB »

UNVOTE: weisnix

I've already lost track and I'm close to being prodded. I try my best to come up with some useful thoughts in the next hours.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”