Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:15 pm

Post by Drixx »

VOTE: Nahdia - You're supposed to randomly vote for someone else. Are new to the game?

IC Introduction:
Hello everyone. My name is Drixx and I am your IC for this game. IC is a bit of humor, standing for Inexperience Challenged. The IC is a volunteer position served by experienced players who wish to help newer folks have an enjoyable experience in their first games, and to help teach some of the basics of the game and answer any questions of mafia game theory which may arise. There are also SE players in the game, which means that they have played a certain number of games including at least one outside of the Road to Rome. SEs are not obligated to answer questions, nor are they obligated to answer honestly should they choose to answer any questions.

The IC position is not at all indicative of role or alignment, so anything I say using this color should not be used to judge my alignment. This also means that you can trust me to always be honest with you concerning questions of mafia theory, as I understand it, when I speak in this color as the game's IC. Some areas of theory are always evolving or have several viewpoints, and while I will do my best to be thorough, I also will try not to leave you with novels to read. If there are differing views, I will explain the ones I am familiar with and which particular part I agree with.

Please be aware that while I shall not lie to you in my role as IC, you should consider me just as likely as any other player in the game to be on the scum team. The roles are assigned randomly. This also means that while I will always be honest and helpful with my posts and answers about the game, you should be careful as sometimes an honest answer can be very misleading. Mafia is a game with many facets, and deception is one of the most valuable; especially for the scum team. As the game's IC, I have a private topic where I can post thoughts about the game as it progresses, and should there be any time where I choose to play differently than I would otherwise play, because I am the game's IC, I will make a note of it there so you can see after the game.

As a start: Since it takes only 5 votes on day one to lock someone, you should think carefully before placing a vote that might allow the scum team to lock a player. As the days move onward, the number of votes required lessens and placing a vote is something you will want to think about carefully. You can always state that you suspect someone. Generally this is done by using the acronym FoS, which means "Finger of Suspicion". If you place a vote that puts someone one vote away from being lynched, it is generally considered good form to put a bold warning that the player is at L-1 (Locking Votes minus 1). If a player is already at L-1, generally you should state an intent to vote and allow them time to give a final defense, reads, or make a claim.

Finally, there is plenty of time in each day phase, so be sure to discuss things with the rest of the players, ask questions, respond to questions from others, and check back in as often as you have the time. An active game is a great deal more fun than an inactive one.

Please do remember to keep things civil. A little humor never hurts, so long as it isn't in the form of a personal attack against other players. Mafia is a game that can sometimes inspire emotion, and if you get frustrated with another player, remember to attack the play and not the player. That's about it for my introductory post. If you have any questions for me, please bold them and put them on a new line starting with @Drixx or @IC to make sure that I see them, and I'll do my very best to answer it as quickly as possible.

I work as a professor in real life, so please feel free to ask as many questions as you would like; I really don't mind answering them.

Let's have a great game guys!
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #42 (isolation #1) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:09 am

Post by Drixx »

Wow. Okay so getting a wagon going is a way to get out of RVS, so there was nothing bad about that.

KainTepes - This isn't really a roleplaying mafia site. It's not really something that most people do here. I'm maybe misreading what you're doing but it looks a lot like RP.

As for your question. There is a
role
that exists in some games called "Innocent Child", and it is abbreviated IC. In the newbie games; however, the IC and SE abbreviations are used to note more experienced players. The newbie games on the site have changed considerably over the years as the mods and admins have worked on making it the best possible experience for new players. The IC/SE designations in newbie games do not identify a role or alignment for those players.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #47 (isolation #2) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:11 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 43, PhantomCobalt wrote:I'm not sure what Kain is doing, I read town though. I don't think newb scum would want that spotlight.

I kind of feel you on that ... but then what do you make of Nahdia? Self voting and then making a show of doing it random. I noted that you scum read that, but if you look at my first post, one could argue that I actually instructed her(?) to do it random, because I said randomly. You and I know that I was referring to RVS and how site meta is that we just start out by making random non serious votes to break the ice... but it
could
be read as me telling them to do it randomly.

I feel like I totally screwed up any way to get a solid read on her because of that, but I noted you viewed the showing that it was random as a scum tell. Did you see the way my post could have been read? Does that change your thinking or not? If not, why not? I'm interested in your theory that it's a scum tell.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #53 (isolation #3) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:13 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 52, Bitten10minutesago wrote:Also in that case UNVOTE: Dwlee
VOTE: Bitten10minutesago

Gotta get that rulebreaker out of here

Please don't do that. It's not ever good play or playing to your win condition to self vote except in very specific situations, and even then only as scum.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (isolation #4) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:34 pm

Post by Drixx »

Okay now I'm really getting paranoid. I'm feeling very in tune with PC. I don't like that he backed off so quickly when I pressed earlier; however, it wasn't really a super big thing and he may have just missed the way my post could have been misunderstood from what intended. I hate when I'm arguing with myself about someone in the first 100 posts.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (isolation #5) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:34 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 80, PhantomCobalt wrote:Can you give another example of how you're in tune with me?

Have we ever been in tune with one another in our prior games together? I've pretty much agreed with you so far, except that you didn't play your gambit out for long enough. I think you could possibly have gotten a really good reaction out of Nahdia with that.

Maybe my brain is tricking me, but I feel like we're usually at odds, so being right in lockstep with you feels odd.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #97 (isolation #6) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:55 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 96, Dwlee99 wrote:I am trying to explain it but just something about it. It is like they're trying to look useful while not being useful, kinda?

Okay. Do you feel like the game was still stuck in RVS when that post was made?

If so ... what is wrong with that post as a way to push out of RVS?

If not ... when did we leave RVS, in your opinion?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (isolation #7) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:42 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 98, Dwlee99 wrote:I think we left RVS around imo.

Okay ... so what's the motive to make a "get out of RVS" post after we already got into the flow of the game? Why do you think he did it?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (isolation #8) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:03 pm

Post by Drixx »

I'm under the weather today. Seems like a touch of the winter flu as I've had fever chills all day. I just wanted to let everyone know.

@mod: 24 hour V/LA please
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (isolation #9) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:31 am

Post by Drixx »

Out of curiosity, PC, have you taken time to figure out what about his posts are pinging you? I personally feel like "gut" is only enough to tell you that your subconscious mind is picking up on something. You can't know for sure it's necessarily a bad thing or not a false positive unless you figure out what that something is.

Do you know what it is in this case? I think I have a good idea because it pinged me too and I sat here and figured out why. I'm curious what conclusion you arrive at though. Talk to me man.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (isolation #10) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:50 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 143, species wrote:Drixx seems chill & confident so far. Could be faking it but that's still a town lean for me. He also asks a lot of questions instead of throwing accusations around which I think is townish at this point in the game (apart from being a personal preference/play style). I rather like post of his.

Anyway idk where you get that I'm basing my reads on activity/content because save for Ice Drixx has the least number of posts in this thread and while Dwlee has the most, he has failed to provide much in the way of meaningful content if you ask me. I agree with Clumsy that he seems kind of antagonistic(? not really the word I'm looking for but yeah) but I disagree that it's a scum tell. It's a rather solid town tell for me in general and if you look at Dwlee's older games I definitely feel like he's much more agreeable and tries harder to appear helpful as scum. I take his behaviour as a sign of (town) confidence.

In post 145, PhantomCobalt wrote:In my gut species's posts are faked

VOTE: species

In post 146, species wrote:Just gonna mention, English isn't my first language so if you feel things I say are worded in an awkward or unnatural way that could be it.

In post 152, Dwlee99 wrote:Word choice is a bad reason when someone is ESL.

Why are you answering for/defending species? I also quoted the exchange. As someone who has studied languages, I can tell you that I find it very difficult to believe that species has a deficit with English. It may be a second language; however, the proficiency in linguistic usage, idiomatic language, slang; it's all essentially indecipherable from a native speaker.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (isolation #11) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:36 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 155, Dwlee99 wrote:If I see something stupid like calling someone scum for having poor word choice in a second language I'm gonna say it.

The problem is that species was immediately trying to explain away PC's read by claiming that English wasn't his first language.

The second problem is you defending species. He can't defend himself?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (isolation #12) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:58 pm

Post by Drixx »

Actually I've seen that kind of play before. I even coined an acronym for it that (maybe, someday?) will hopefully get added to the acronym list: HiPS. It means Hiding in Plain Sight.

There is a whole bunch of behaviors that we don't expect scum to use, because it brings a lot of attention and generally we think of scum as being careful to blend in. Occasionally; however, scum will grab as much attention as possible and basically hide right in plain sight ... in the spotlight. Takes a bit of testicular fortitude to pull off but I've seen it happen enough that I tend not to just dismiss people doing stuff "scum wouldn't do" anymore.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (isolation #13) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:03 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 186, Bitten10minutesago wrote:
In post 185, Clumsy wrote:I think PC had the best read on me in that game. XD

Nahdia, why are you asking me to vote with you?

Dwlee, I kinda agree. Seems like they would play the same way as town or scum. If they're scum, we'll have to catch them on something.

Nahdia is asking you to vote with her because she's getting pissy about me voting her.

You might be biased a bit there. I'm tempted to vote you and put some pressure on and see how you react. For now I think I'll just say this: it's dangerous to automatically assume the worst motives for what people you are voting/scum reading do in the game. That leads to confirmation bias, and confirmation bias is how towns implode all the time.

I don't see any reason from an external POV to just assume Nahdia is motivated by "getting pissy". Take that for what it's worth: just a quick neutral POV.

I'm kind of stream of consciousness posting here, so I'll just say that when I started typing this post I wanted to pressure you to see if you were confbiasing or if it was a calculated move on your part, but then I decided that maybe conversation will sort it. I guess we'll see.

Sorry if that's a bit muddled; NyQuil is some crazy stuff. I think there's a reason they show a guy in his pajamas taking NyQuil while sitting on his bed. If you take that stuff in your kitchen, you're going to wake up with a tile imprint on your face.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (isolation #14) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:17 pm

Post by Drixx »

That was a well reasoned post Bitten. Are you new to mafia in general, or just this site? I've lost count of the number of times I've seen that kind of situation escalate, and you pretty quickly made a logical choice to avoid confbias and reassess. That's a pretty pro move, imo.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (isolation #15) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:12 pm

Post by Drixx »

It could be scum backing down or genuine self awareness. Future posts will help me figure out which. Taking notes helps with the longer form game that has developed here with the longer days. You WILL want to have a good idea of what you want to remember about people when it's day three and a month has gone by.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (isolation #16) » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:07 pm

Post by Drixx »

I think the problem with the post was that he was giving me a town read for too little. I'm always wary of town reads that don't seem to have a solid reason.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (isolation #17) » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:39 am

Post by Drixx »

One thing that would help is if you maybe used one post to say things Kain? I'm having a really hard time figuring out what you are doing. It feels like a put on a bit.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #227 (isolation #18) » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:23 pm

Post by Drixx »

We're in the later half of the day and the vanity wagons need to consolidate. Species and Ice3 ... are your votes on Kain firm votes? Can you give a case for why?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #240 (isolation #19) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:20 pm

Post by Drixx »

We don't have much time. I'm looking forward to seeing it. I'm interested in seeing what you think of Ice3 and Kain Tepes.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (isolation #20) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:29 pm

Post by Drixx »

You can actually do a superscript or a subscript using the tags. They are [ sup ] and [ sub ] without the spaces and they use the usual forward slash (/) for the closing tag. I will give a couple of examples and you can quote my post to see them.

Ice3 = Ice Cubed or Ice superscript 3
Ice3 = Ice sub 3 or Ice subscript 3

If you preview your post, there are actually quite a lot of useful tags that can help you make your posts and points stand out.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (isolation #21) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:08 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 254, BlueTrin wrote:
Ice, please reply to our accusations, you are at L-2 ? I am considering putting you at L-1

A few notes:
  1. Nahdia, I effectively read your posts and agree with your points, I should have given you credit for mentioning this first.
  2. KainTepes, although I agree with you on Ice, I think you are the kind of guy who will use CAPS and get attention whether you are town or scum. It would be nice if you can make longer posts when accusing someone. This is not like town of salem where the day lasts only 2 minutes.
  3. Clumsy, I think you are town in this game, you are posting much more than in our previous game.
  4. Phantom, do you have any reads aside from species ?
  5. Drixx are you holding back ? You are asking Clumsy his ISO but didn't post your own reads so far ?

Also, if you are town, you should post opinions and argue with others. If you lurk, you are giving more room for scum to hide.

Yes I have held back a bit. I'm trying to sort KT because his post style seems like it's intentional and I am trying to discern if he's scum using it as a way to keep from slipping or if he's town and hoping he'll be viewed as an easy lynch and left alive so he can solve the game. I also wanted to see what you would do replacing in (so far, I'm fairly impressed and getting a good vibe; you get extra points for calling me out), and I still want to see the clumsy ISO and I am holding my thoughts back a little so as not to give him something to sheep. He has pressure on him to produce (although it is lessened by the pressure on Ice3) and I really want to see what he produces as it will be very useful in reading him.

With Phantom being fairly strongly focused on species (your slot), I am also interested to see his response to your entrance.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (isolation #22) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:08 pm

Post by Drixx »

At this point, his reluctance to reply or interact is seriously bothering me. I don't see much town motivation for it.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #279 (isolation #23) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:11 pm

Post by Drixx »

That was a really solid post Clumsy. I've got some notes and I'll do something similar but a little more succinctly. I've been working a lot lately on saying what I mean with less words, and less posts. If you go look at how frequently I posted and how long my posts were when I first joined the site, you'll understand what I mean.

I think I already addressed the reason Phantom gave for that post bothering him. I have a note about it that I'll address when I make a similar post.

As a general rule, I don't really make reads lists like some people do where I rank people in order of most town to most scum or anything like that. I'll post what I think of people and I'll ask questions, and when I am fairly sure I've got scum I'll put on pressure to be sure and once I'm sure you'll know. For example; Ice3 is really starting to get close to me being sure. When there's very little content, the content makes no sense and the player just goes dark, that's not a good sign IMO.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #282 (isolation #24) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:38 pm

Post by Drixx »

What profit do we gain by discussing and analyzing posts by a player who has been replaced? I'll address the species thing since it's relevant to the slot, when I post my thoughts on each slot ... but how can his replacement answer for anything Species posted?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (isolation #25) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:39 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 281, Dwlee99 wrote:My playstyle is reactive. Wtf do you want.

I get reads through interaction.

So be proactive and ask people questions and get them to interact with you. You don't have to wait for people to talk to you. Talk to us. No reason to be reactive when we're all here and want to play.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (isolation #26) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:45 pm

Post by Drixx »

Can you repeat the question Nahdia? I thought I answered it in post #282
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #290 (isolation #27) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:54 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 289, Dwlee99 wrote:My reads are completely reliant on other people. What the fuck dont you get?

I get that mafia can be stressful; especially when you are under heavy pressure. When you get frustrated, it's way better to take a break than to make a post like that one.

What do you mean that your reads are completely reliant on other people?
Do you mean that you cannot ask questions and interact people and read them that way?

If you mean that ... what part of you interacting with them is a problem?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #294 (isolation #28) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:15 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 293, Nahdia wrote:
In post 288, Drixx wrote:Can you repeat the question Nahdia? I thought I answered it in post #282
Wasn't so much a question as it was me calling you out for waffling and saying a lot of words without making any reads.

Gonna just let whatever happened with Dwlee slide for now >_>

Read me a couple posts back. I will say what I think about people, but I don't tend to give formal reads. Feel free to look into my completed games and you will see that it's just a part of my play, regardless of alignment. If it really bothers you, I can give you the reasoning for why I avoid formal reads lists.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (isolation #29) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:10 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 300, PhantomCobalt wrote:Hi

I think Drixx is forcing his posts to look town and it isn't coming naturally

If I cared about placating people and being universally town read, I would make reads posts and do whatever to make people happy. I have not ever played that way ... and you know it. Why are you so quiet this game, and why did you not respond to our earlier discussion?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #320 (isolation #30) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:24 pm

Post by Drixx »

Ice3 appears to just be trying to skate through today since others are drawing mode discussion. I really don't like that back to back post where he basically just says "I'm not active" ... we know ... we've been trying to get him to engage. He doesn't really say anything at all and it looks an awful lot like someone keeping his head down and hoping the winds blow over to dwlee99 (as they seem to be doing just before Ice3 pops in and finally responds after being prodded). I disagree with Nahdia about him being "too easy" a target. I think he is intentionally trying to appear like apathetic and disinterested town.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Ice3

Ice3 is now at L-1 which means another vote would hammer and lock him in for lynch. Do not vote him without first declaring intent and giving him a chance to give a defense or info dump or claim or whatever. It's generally viewed as very anti-town to just hammer someone without giving them a chance to give final thoughts or a defense or a claim or something. Put it in bold so everyone sees.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #351 (isolation #31) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:46 am

Post by Drixx »

Dwlee99 - If you are town, please stop with the "but other people are maybe scum" trying to get a rushed end of day lynch on someone else. If you are town you should be pointing out actual reasons from people's interactions why they are scum. What you are doing looks a lot like survivalism, and scum are who just need to get through the day alive and don't care who gets lynched. You seem not to care who it is, so long as it isn't you. That's not a town mindset in my experience.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #362 (isolation #32) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:07 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 360, Clumsy wrote:I do think Dwlee has a point with number 3 here. PC, could you please expand on this? Drixx, what are your thoughts?

On the face of it, my guess is that Phantom was trying to see how I would react to #300. The problem is that it's just not really a useful reaction test. I can't answer for how he reads my posts, so what can I say to his suggestion that I'm faking it? If he had been specific, there might be something for me to say, but otherwise it just looks like either a bad reaction test or an attempt to throw some doubt on what I was saying around that time. His disappearing from the thread makes it hard to follow up with it for sure.

I don't know that we should just lynch him for saying that and then disappearing, though. That seems like a stretch.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #399 (isolation #33) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:51 pm

Post by Drixx »

That was a
weird
post by Ice3, but I'm good with seeing what Phantom has to say. His play has been way off from what I expect out of him. It was making me feel weird early on and then he went quiet. I wonder if I stumbled onto something way back then and didn't realize?

I won't put him at L-1 though, just because we
do
have a wild-card with KainTepes and I don't want to see a derplynch happen. Consider me very interested in what Phantom has to say and possibly willing to give intent if it comes to that.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #416 (isolation #34) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:29 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 408, PhantomCobalt wrote:This wagon is tasty, all the scum on it Ruffles my jimmies

Drixx I'm going to ask you a few questions

Xbox or PS4?

Basketball or baseball?

French or Spanish?

Most importantly, if you had 3 balls in a bag. What colors would they be? Rainbow colors pls

It does seem like possibly a desperation wagon onto a lurker (let's face it; you've been lurking hard for a lot of the game so far), so I wouldn't be surprised if there were scum votes on you. That said; lurking isn't your style and I expected something more substantive from you than a vague suggestion that people must be scum if they are voting you and then a set of random questions for me.

PS4 of course.
I have an embarrassing amount of time on NBA 2k16 but it stopped working nearly 3 weeks ago and 2K support is less than helpful. That said, I played MLB 2k12 and it's like my 2nd most played game on STEAM behind Civ 5. I only tried out NBA 2k starting with 2k14 when MLB 2k was discontinued. So erm... both.
Neither.
Blue (Raquet Ball), Green (Tennis Ball) and Orange (Basketball).
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (isolation #35) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:30 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 414, Dwlee99 wrote:
I am pretty sure I solved the game
and you're scum reading me. tsk tsk

I dont engage you here as scum.

I definitely missed the part where you explained to us who the scum is and why. Can you quote that?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #421 (isolation #36) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:37 pm

Post by Drixx »

So you think Phantom has been strategically lurking? Why did he de-lurk and put you at L-1? You say it's OMGUS, but you are voting for Ice3... so are you suggesting that Phantom is jumping in to save his partner?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #427 (isolation #37) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:56 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 422, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 421, Drixx wrote:So you think Phantom has been strategically lurking? Why did he de-lurk and put you at L-1? You say it's OMGUS, but you are voting for Ice3... so are you suggesting that Phantom is jumping in to save his partner?

He de-lurked cause he needed to post something and decided he needed to defend himself somehow. I am now voting phantom, but I see your point. I made a case against phantom and then he just throws around a buzz word "flailing" and leaves. That's practically OMGUS but with cases instead of votes. Phantom could be saving his partner, I'm not really sure at this point. Either way he should be lynched.

Okay. A few posts ago you said you were obviously town and had solved the game. Now you're hedging. Which is it? If you are sure, then be decisive and stick to your guns. Being wishy washy makes you look like you're just trying to squirm out of a tight spot.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #429 (isolation #38) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:59 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 426, Dwlee99 wrote:Drixx I know you were on site since I posted .

I'm on the Scummies writing staff, apart from games I'm currently playing. Me being on site doesn't mean I'm compulsively refreshing a game. I'm also working on two themed game setups as well as flavor for a game I'm co-modding with someone. I enjoy this site quite a lot (which is why I play regularly here in the newbie queue and do my best to give new players a good experience).
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (isolation #39) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:02 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 428, Dwlee99 wrote:Okay so instead of actually responding to my post in any way you're going to sit here and try to discredit me for not being 100% sure about ice? You are scum, aren't you? And yes, I am still obvtown.

I'm telling you to be decisive and not wishy washy. I mean ... the last thing I said about Ice was to note that his post was weird (getting to that since he responded to it with nothing substantial).

Are you sure? Then convince me. I'm here and giving you my attention. You have it because when someone is lurking as a strategy (as opposed to being busy or sick or something), I've found that to be an almost universally reliable scum tell. Convince me that's what Phantom has done today and you could sway me. Calling me scum because I'm pushing you to convince me is just noise and it's not helping. "If you don't believe me you must be scum" isn't an argument that is going to sway me.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #433 (isolation #40) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:07 pm

Post by Drixx »

I'm not trying to cherry pick you here Dwlee99. I'm not even trying to really talk about your case. I'm more concerned with the fact that you don't seem firmly convinced you are right.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #435 (isolation #41) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:11 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 424, Ice³ wrote:
In post 399, Drixx wrote:That was a
weird
post by Ice3, but I'm good with seeing what Phantom has to say. His play has been way off from what I expect out of him. It was making me feel weird early on and then he went quiet. I wonder if I stumbled onto something way back then and didn't realize?

I won't put him at L-1 though, just because we
do
have a wild-card with KainTepes and I don't want to see a derplynch happen. Consider me very interested in what Phantom has to say and possibly willing to give intent if it comes to that.

How was it wierd?

Umm... I should have said
those posts
. I've quoted them below.

In post 383, Ice³ wrote:
In post 379, Dwlee99 wrote:Meant to post some text there, anyway, that's the only post having to do with ice. Pre-flip associations are meh but there is some things that point to an ice and phantom scum team.

Tbh I made this account and this is my first full game can a scum vote for another scum?

This looks like a classic town slip. In this case it's suspect because you don't seem THAT new, and then there's the next quote.

In post 385, Ice³ wrote:
In post 383, Ice³ wrote:
In post 379, Dwlee99 wrote:Meant to post some text there, anyway, that's the only post having to do with ice. Pre-flip associations are meh but there is some things that point to an ice and phantom scum team.

Tbh I made this account and this is my first full game can a scum vote for another scum?

Note: This message is completely unrelated to the game at hand

How can that question be unrelated to this game?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #436 (isolation #42) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:14 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 434, Dwlee99 wrote:I have pointed to posts and said "Phantom is right here trying to act like he's making content while not doing shit" and you're asking me to prove he is lurking as a strategy? Are you for real right now?
I am convinced I'm right on phantom. Ice doesn't matter today. If/When phantom flips scum a power role will be able to jail track or cop ice to figure out if they're scum. Just a note though that we shouldn't take a jail with no kill as a guilty because scum can no kill.

Thank you for finally giving me the certainty I was asking for. You finally just came through and made a post that reads as genuinely town and frustrated
AND
genuinely
certain
that Phantom is strategically trying to lurk through the day. For future reference: people can question you and not be suggesting you are scum. You need to be able to convince people and obvtown when you need to. I was almost ready to give up and assume this was you trying to fake it, but this post by you finally has the authenticity I expect.

Thank you. That was getting super frustrating.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (isolation #43) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:19 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 437, Dwlee99 wrote:Are you going to vote phantom or not?

I was checking the votes to make sure I had the vote count right.

VOTE: PhantomCobalt

That's L-2.

I don't like that he legit does appear to be strategic lurking, and instead of addressing concerns about his lurking, he called BT and Dwlee scum for voting him and then asked me some random questions. That feels a lot like scum trying to appear cavalier and unconcerned with the case and votes. It also helps that Dwlee's posting recently has been screaming town.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #442 (isolation #44) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:26 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 440, Dwlee99 wrote:That dialogue was one of the most exhausting things I've done all day.

Agreed. You kept coming right up to the edge of seeming genuine and convincing me and then lashing out at me when I questioned to try and be sure. It was super frustrating for me too.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #477 (isolation #45) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:22 pm

Post by Drixx »

We have about a day left and Phantom is being eerily passive. I've played with him before and this doesn't feel right.

What's up Phantom?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #488 (isolation #46) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:17 pm

Post by Drixx »

Here's what makes little sense Dwlee99; if Phantom is just going to give up instead of try to save himself, why not self vote and deny us getting any more out of today? This passiveness when he's at L-1 is really strange.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #622 (isolation #47) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:33 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 507, Clumsy wrote:I'll go ahead and put my vote on the Ice wagon. I have D&D tonight, but I'll set an alarm to check in on this before deadline. If we don't get a good response from either of them, I'm cool with whichever.

VOTE: Ice

That should only be the second vote on them.

Also, Bitten, what do you think of all of this?

This gave me huge scum vibes. Trying to move the lynch late almost never works out well, and PC hasn't given any actual reason (up to this post, or since) to think he's town and change wagons late.

In post 524, PhantomCobalt wrote:
In post 519, BlueTrin wrote:Clumsy, I will be honest with you, PC is making me doubt the lynch. It is not as bad as when we lynched BBT, because PC is always a bit trolly.

I think we should go through the ISO and see who didn't post and who took some time to post negative opinion on Ice and PC. Once PC flips either town or scum this might give us some clues.

exactly, me playing like this isnt alignment indicative

clumsy knows that i can win a game for town if people listen to me

Sorry but I've seen you play town way differently, so there is definitely SOMETHING causing you to play this way. And if that last sentence is to have any merit whatsoever, you would actually need to
SAY
something. You can lead a town to a win; I've seen it. This game you are doing jack squat and your behavior at L-1 with intent was atrocious.

In post 550, KainTepes wrote:I was kidding, my vote was already on you so its not a hammer.....
THIS MEANS PHANTOM COLBALT IS INNOCENT!!!!!!!! HE SAID HE IS TOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry but no. Any competent player knows who is voting for them. It's as easy as putting the mod in ISO, going to the most recent vote count and checking. Any scum will realize a fake hammer is fake in a few moments. All you did was give him a chance to pretend he though he was hammered and WIFOM the game. There is no universe in which I would believe PC actually thought he was hammered. If he actually DID believe he hammered and he was actually town, he would have infodumped as much as he could before twilight ended. PC is a good player and there's no way that town!PC would think he was hammered and only say "I was town" and not give an infodump. He's just WAY better a player than that.

In post 564, KainTepes wrote:
In post 561, Dwlee99 wrote:I can see kain and phantom coming up with this plan in scum chat. "Fake hammer me and I'll make a reaction saying I'm town"

THAT IS THE STUPIDEST PLAN I EVER HEARD

It happens all the time in other queues and larger games. It's actually a brilliant plan. I don't necessarily think it was a plan, but please read what I said above. There's no way PC believed he was hammered; and if we assume he actually believed he was hammered, then his reaction should be viewed as a scum claim, because a town aligned PC would say much more than that.

We don't have a lot of time left, and I think we are basically obligated to lynch Phantom at this point. His reaction to the fake "hammer" was either null or scum, depending on whether you believe he thought it was a real hammer or not. At L-1 he refused to claim or info dump or do anything remotely town at all, and instead tried to make a meta argument. He was really straddling the rules there; what he did came very close to a trust tell. Please note that it's acceptable to point out things about your play, but the line is when you do so in an attempt to gain advantage in a game. PC walked right up to that line, but I think he didn't
quite
cross it. Still ... it's best to stay way away from that line, and the fact that PC's only attempt at defense is to come close to trust telling, and he still hasn't posted anything to help the town after his lynch, I'm pretty sure what we're seeing here is scum!Phantom hoping he can get the lynch to go elsewhere.

And right now, we have like 3 hours left and you guys are giving him what he wants.

Additionally, the PC lynch is now super desirable because his flip will inform us about KainTepes and Dwlee99 and possibly even Nahdia, who tried to hammer him. Depending on how he flips, we gain significant info for reads on BlueTrin, Nahdia, KainTepes and DWlee99. Lynching anyone else today is going away from someone who hasn't behaved townie and costs us a lot of info since so many people have have committed to positions regarding him.

Please let's not lose our heads here. The worst possible outcome right now would be to swap onto another wagon at the last second, mislynch, and not even have anything to go on. I'm pretty sure, based upon his behavior, that Phantom is scum; however, even if he's town we have a ton of info from most of the game in the last 24 hours alone to work with. In my experience last minute wagon confusion is almost always scum driven, so I really don't like the feel of this.

Please think about the logic of what I'm saying.

@Phantom - If you're town, now is the time to obvtown and infodump. I'm literally shocked you didn't do so earlier; even assuming my read on what has happened is right and you are scum, I would have expected you to respond to the fake hammer with the full town response to gain credit and WiFoM if you still got lynched. What you did instead is really confusing to me. Ironically it is the only thing that is giving me any doubt at all about you being scum. It was a really sub-optimal play on your part, regardless of alignment ... and you're simply better than that.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #623 (isolation #48) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:34 pm

Post by Drixx »

I know it's a long post but please read my previous post. What you guys are doing is insane and not at all helpful going forward
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #624 (isolation #49) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:35 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 604, PhantomCobalt wrote:VOTE: dwlee

Let's go boys

This looks like crude opportunism at the 11th hour. I'm convinced you are scum now.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #635 (isolation #50) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:45 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 630, BlueTrin wrote:Drixx, how long do you want us to wait for PC ?
it is late here, I will just put him at L-1 and you guys can hammer him if you want.

Phantom has already been put at L-1 and asked to claim and we have his response and subsequent actions. At this point I would eat my hat if he flips town. We could easily run out of time if we wait for him ... but we probably want to wait and give him a chance to obvtown and infodump if I have somehow misread his behavior in the last several hours. I'm not infallible ... but it would seriously surprise me if he flips green.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #637 (isolation #51) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:47 pm

Post by Drixx »

Given how fast Kittymoo has been to post vote counts and such, Twilight won't be long. Going to put this out in case I can't tomorrow:

PC flipping scum means you can probably trust DWlee99 and Nahdia.

PC flipping town means you need to be worried about KainTepes (who used me as a reason to hammer), maybe DWlee99 (read my interactions with him and decide for yourself; I got a very strong town read from him in that interaction), and maybe BlueTrin. Ice3 is almost certainly scum if PC flips town.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #642 (isolation #52) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:50 pm

Post by Drixx »

Okay well #638 is essentially a scum claim. That's a relief.

P-Edit: I was in a hurry BlueTrin. I think you are probably a slight town lean, especially with PC basically scum claiming a couple posts ago.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #643 (isolation #53) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:52 pm

Post by Drixx »

My only regret with him basically scum claiming is that I was way too involved. As IC, I have to play a certain way and appear like a good mislynch for scum to stay alive. If I'm alive tomorrow it will be because we've got a doctor or scum is trying to WiFoM. I was way too involved in ensuring the day didn't end chaotically and that puts a gigantic bullseye on my back.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #650 (isolation #54) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:58 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 645, BlueTrin wrote:
In post 643, Drixx wrote:My only regret with him basically scum claiming is that I was way too involved. As IC, I have to play a certain way and appear like a good mislynch for scum to stay alive. If I'm alive tomorrow it will be because we've got a doctor or scum is trying to WiFoM. I was way too involved in ensuring the day didn't end chaotically and that puts a gigantic bullseye on my back.

Anything you can post before twilight is good then, unless you are in a hurry.

My reads are contingent on how PC flips, which is why I gave them that way. There's not much more to say. So much of day one depends on how the lynch and night kill go. I think for sure you guys need to sort KainTepes. He hammered but he did so using my post as an excuse, and he did so after you asked whether to wait and give PC time, and my answer was that we should try and give him time just in case. No matter how PC flips, KT has to be sorted.

Ice3 needs to be sorted and pushed to play and interact more.

I think I gave my reads contingent on how PC flipped on everyone. Am I forgetting anyone?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #652 (isolation #55) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:59 pm

Post by Drixx »

KainTepes seems to be trying to intentionally sew chaos here in twilight. That definitely is a priority to sort ASAP.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #663 (isolation #56) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:07 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 649, BlueTrin wrote:
In post 648, Nahdia wrote:
In post 644, KainTepes wrote:NAHDIA MAY BE SCUMBUDDY. SHE RELUCTANT TO VOTE PC
Excuse me?

He is basically saying that you tried to derail the wagon on PC.
You said you were messing around, so I guess you are saying this was a reaction test ?

The way I saw it was that Nahdia was pushing to make people take a position. It will be really helpful tomorrow, given how much interaction she generated and how much she got people to take stances. I can't imagine scum wanting to give town the most helpful information they can have, so she's probably firmly in the town pile, IMO.

P-Edit: Assuming PC flips scum, Clumsy is suspect for trying to derail the wagon. Clumsy remains suspect either way, but I think it's much more strong with PC flipping scum. I see no reason for him to jump in and try to save PC the way he did. The problem is that we have KT, Ice3 and Clumsy to sort, and they can't all be scum.

In order I would probably try and figure out people like this:

KainTepes (too much chaos to leave unresolved, plus hammered while pointing to my post. Why did he feel the need to give himself an excuse?)
Ice3 (Way too lurky. Need to get interactions. He's a problem for endgame if allowed to lurk any longer.)
Bitten (Almost nothing to read by. A true null. Need to get interactions like with Ice, but there's not really anything scummy as there is with Ice.)
Clumsy (Obvious attempt to derail the PC wagon and swap it to a place where we would get way less out of the flip if it were a mislynch. He becomes a very strong suspect with a PC scum flip)
BlueTrin (This is null to null town and I could argue it either way. I don't know what I need to know to evaluate well)
Nahdia (Seems pretty town for pushing for interactions and trying to ensure that town gained info from a frantic day end)
DWlee99 (Probably town no matter what. A little less certain if PC were to flip town)
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #665 (isolation #57) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:09 pm

Post by Drixx »

Wow ... I think I just totally made a total fool of myself. PC isn't lynched yet is he? *facepalm*
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #667 (isolation #58) » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:11 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 632, KainTepes wrote:OK I am convinced by Drixx's POST

VOTE: PHANTOM COLBALT

EVERYONE VOTE PHANTOM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope ... this was hammer. Prior vote count had DWlee99, myself, and Nahdia on it. Nobody unvoted and then BlueTrin voted and gave L-1 and KT hammered.

@PC - you are here and contradicting your last post. Infodump if we were wrong. Please.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #673 (isolation #59) » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:05 pm

Post by Drixx »

It's really strange that Phantom was actually town, but made a post that appeared to be a scum claim (to me at least) and just never gave any reads, except to say go after Dwlee today.

Hopefully we have a cop or tracker and some info is being built up, because I can't make heads or tails of the night kill.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #676 (isolation #60) » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:49 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 674, BlueTrin wrote:Drixx, could you see a Drixx-Dwlee scum team ?

Nobody besides me knows my role PM so you should consider all possibilities. That particular pairing is not feasible though, since it has me in it.

If I wasn't me and you were asking me about a hypothetical someone else whose alignment I didn't know paired with Dwlee, I would consider it; however, at this stage of the game the scum team are one lynch from putting us in LYLO (presuming night kill success), so I would be focused on finding the first scum way more than figuring out teams. Pre-flip associatives are not a reliable way to scum hunt because scum can manipulate associatives and you can end up assuming a town player or even two town players are scum because of it.

This reminds me that I should have said this earlier: If a PR has a definitive guilty result, it's probably a good idea to claim such. Worst case from such a claim is a 1 for 1 trade, and in the newbie setup a 1 for 1 trade is always a win for town, even if the PR is the cop. Cop also has the advantage of having a doctor in the setup half the time, so a cop guilty on the roleblocker leaves the cop free to keep investigating knowing they will have doc protection, while a cop guilty on a goon flip means the cop either dies or gets roleblocked while the final scum hunts the doctor. Worst case from a guilty is a 1-for-1 trade though, which guarantees us at worst a 2v1 LYLO, and generally a day 2 guilty will result in a town win, unless the remaining scum is exceptional.

Definitive guilty results are: Cop Guilty, Tracking someone to the dead body (a tracker cannot exist in a game with any other role that visits someone except a doctor, and we had a death, so anyone who was tracked to Bitten10minutesago last night is scum, for example).
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #681 (isolation #61) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:04 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 677, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 637, Drixx wrote:Given how fast Kittymoo has been to post vote counts and such, Twilight won't be long. Going to put this out in case I can't tomorrow:

PC flipping scum means you can probably trust DWlee99 and Nahdia.

PC flipping town means you need to be worried about KainTepes (who used me as a reason to hammer), maybe DWlee99 (read my interactions with him and decide for yourself; I got a very strong town read from him in that interaction), and maybe BlueTrin. Ice3 is almost certainly scum if PC flips town.

Are you going to push this stuff or naw, drixx?

I'd like the whole game to check in. I was hoping our PRs would have information, and the only reason I can think for me being alive is that I was so certain about PC and made sure to put my thoughts in the game it now looks strange for me to be alive. The thing I am trying to figure out is whether they left me alive because they believe I can be mislynched, or if my reads were in some way beneficial to them and my reads plus my willingness to push when it's time is something they hope to benefit from.

I kind of agree with you on KainTepes who lolhammered town, using my post and analysis as his reason for doing it. I've already done the back and forth with you and if you're faking town you faked me out. I don't really want to go through that again.

So are you just asking me to vote KT right now? I then return you to the first sentence of my post.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #683 (isolation #62) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:05 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 682, Dwlee99 wrote:I'm saying you need to start applying pressure instead of derping around, drixx.

I have no desire to just speed lynch KainTepes before he even says anything. There's also Ice3, and in hindsight it feels not right to me that he basically got away with lurking through while we moved on and lynched PC. I think I need to re-read and see who got that wagon switch to happen.

Why do you want me to rush into something?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #685 (isolation #63) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:14 pm

Post by Drixx »

You're right. I'm kind of not a person who throws my vote around a lot, as a general rule, but that probably needs to change. It's counter to most site meta.

VOTE: Ice3

We'll do that to start while I re-read and see how the wagon on him derailed and moved over to PC.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #687 (isolation #64) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:04 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 686, Dwlee99 wrote:You cant remember?

I am currently doing the following things on this site:

1.) Playing multiple games. I can't talk about ongoing games but I'm sure you know how to check on that.
2.) I'm writing for the scummies, and that's eating up almost every spare moment I have atm as I try to get it done.
3.) I'm finishing up work on a mini themed and slogging through a large themed, as well as helping write flavor for an awesome game a friend is running.

I have a good memory but no, I don't remember why the wagon shifted away from Ice. I haven't re-read the thread. Frankly, I expected to die after I took control late yesterday and got people to stop scattering and focus on making a good decision at the end of the day. If you are referring to that post where I explained why a PC lynch was much more useful for us, and saying that it's me, then sure: I vividly remember it feeling like we were in danger of a no lynch or some other bad outcome and I did push for what I thought would be a scum lynch that had a lot of associatives.

But I believe that the fact that I had to step in and assert my will to get people to vote means that prior to that, things had been derailed. So what I'm trying to express is that I think it's a good idea to look at the context of how yesterday played out. I feel very confused about things, and confusion is a sure sign that something is wrong.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #688 (isolation #65) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:17 pm

Post by Drixx »

Oh ... and I had to deal with this today, even though I thoroughly dust cleaned my rig the day after Christmas:

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #690 (isolation #66) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:21 pm

Post by Drixx »

KainTepes, Clumsy and Ice3 all need to post still today.

So while they are lurking, we're going to go after each other again DWlee99? I really would rather not go through that again.

P-Edit: Okay ... so why did it shift? Why would scum care about keeping PC alive?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #695 (isolation #67) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:34 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 694, Dwlee99 wrote:The wagon went from Ice -> Phantom. That's what you were asking, right drixx?

Well ... it went from Ice to Phantom and then back off Phantom. I then pushed for lynching Phantom because of all the interactions and the info gained, plus I was pretty sure he was scum. I mean the guy actually made a post that I swear was a scum claim (but obviously wasn't... sure as heck read like it).

So if we assume Ice3 is scum, then it makes sense for scum to go along with swapping to Phantom (in hindsight at least). But why the late confusion and push back towards Ice?

KainTepes is my biggest scumspect at the moment because he basically let me do the work making a post and giving the rational reasons for why we should lynch Phantom and sheeped me and basically lolhammered while letting it be my reasoning to blame. And now we're a day into the dAy and KT hasn't posted; not even the troll posting we had yesTerday.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #699 (isolation #68) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:33 pm

Post by Drixx »

I did assume your vote was moving from PC to Ice, Clumsy. I am not sure what to make of KainTepes being just totally silent after that lolhammer.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #718 (isolation #69) » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:41 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 709, Clumsy wrote:
In post 707, Clumsy wrote:I want to throw this out there for everyone to answer,
and I want an answer with reasoning
: What do we think of Drixx being scum?

I'm not because my role card has green on it instead of red. That was my first clue.

If you suspect me or have a case: make it. This approach you are taking where you are trying to crowd source the game into scum reading me is kinda silly.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #723 (isolation #70) » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:22 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 632, KainTepes wrote:OK I am convinced by Drixx's POST

VOTE: PHANTOM COLBALT

EVERYONE VOTE PHANTOM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on KainTepes; don't you remember this hammer you did where you gave yourself an out to blame me for PhantomCobalt being town and also pretended you didn't know you were hammering?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #739 (isolation #71) » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:57 am

Post by Drixx »

Now that everyone checked in, I'm curious why Clumsy wanted to see if I was being scum read. I did make sure we lynched Phantom, but I think he was pretty universally scum read and he even made a post that looked like an outright scum claim. I don't want to jump to any hasty conclusions, but it sure looks a lot like Clumsy was trying to see if a push on me would work.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #740 (isolation #72) » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:59 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 738, Ice³ wrote:VOTE: Kain I didnt know that it automatically unvoted my vote

It's a new day... why would you expect votes to stay on from the prior day phase?

Oh I get it ... that's cover for your OMGUS vote. I would vote you to put you at L-1 and put pressure on you but I'm already voting you. Maybe somebody else will oblige.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #744 (isolation #73) » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:31 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 743, Dwlee99 wrote:UNVOTE:

Penny for your thoughts? Want to give intent maybe and see if you can help us get Ice3 to participate?

Looking at the most recent VC, I see he and KT voting for each other. They've also engaged in what looks like pretty classical scum distancing this game, as evidenced by an earlier comment questioning the likelihood of them being partners due to the voting for one another and such.

What do you think? Can you maybe update what you're thinking about each slot? You're the only one I've got a solid town read on because of our interaction yesterday. It's hard bordering upon impossible to fake the sort of frustration you had in those posts. I'm
most
interested in your thoughts at the moment.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #749 (isolation #74) » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:06 pm

Post by Drixx »

Scum "reading" one another and voting for one another and such is super common for scum. Taken together, there are a wide number of behaviors that are generally referred to as "distancing". It's best practice to look for distancing
after
successfully lynching scum to see whom they were trying to avoid being associated with. It's not often a good idea to look for distancing or posit teams ahead of time. It is possible they could both be scum, and if so, they have been displaying pretty classic distancing behaviors.

The problem with just assuming that solves it is that sometimes town players do the same sorts of things to one another. Between the two, I think there's probably a stronger case against KainTepes; however, that's mostly because Ice3 hasn't really been engaging. When he does post, there doesn't seem to be much in the posts that relates to the game, so I'm not sure whether he's even keeping up with the game at this point. That's kind of why I was suggesting we pressure him and force him to interact. I think we already have enough people who are fairly sure he's scum that we could lynch if we wanted to. I'd like to get him talking instead of just going straight to that.

I'm not even sure that Ice3 is the best lynch candidate today. I recall a comment (from BlueTrin I think?) that voting Ice3 to L-1 was safe because KainTepes already has his vote on him. That comment leads me to believe a couple things about BlueTrin:

1.) BlueTrin is not very sure about Ice3 being scum.
2.) BlueTrin expects KT to do another lolhammer if given the opportunity.

I'm actually a little confused why with that underlying thinking being in the subtext, BlueTrin hasn't more aggressively pushed KainTepes. I could have started the day with a case on KainTepes but all that would have done was given everyone an excuse to sheep my case. I wanted to see what everyone else was thinking. So far I've got:

DWlee99
- Still pretty solid going after KainTepes, although appears willing to evaluate others. Not a death tunnel, which is good, imo.
Clumsy
- Not sure where he's going with his question. Everyone has answered or had plenty of opportunity to, so my guess would be he wanted to see if anyone would bite and try and put up a case against me. There's not a lot of input from that slot, so paranoia says it might be a set up attempt on me as well. We'll have to wait and see what Clumsy says when he comes back.
KainTepes
- Conveniently forgetting his hammer post yesterday is a big mark against him. Apart from that he's still doing the strange roleplay posting and it's a bit hard for me to decipher.
Ice3
- Super lurker. Doesn't appear at all engaged. Is it an act or genuine?
BlueTrin
- Seems engaged in trying to figure things out. I expected to see a KT push from BlueTrin but it hasn't materialized. Not sure what to make of that.
Nahdia
- I disagree with her logic, but she's consistent. Her post seem genuine and in touch with the game.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #761 (isolation #75) » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:28 pm

Post by Drixx »

Clumsy that was a good reaction test. Did you have clear ideas in mind for what would be a town reaction and what would be scum? It looked a lot like either a reaction test or a scum setup to me. I couldn't tell which until you came back and posted.

In general, scum partners rarely outright defend one another, although I have seen it. I gave my thoughts on every living slot's play a few posts back. Did you read that? Did you disagree with my assessment of anyone? I particularly like Nahdia's pushing of me to take a more active hand in the game, and the fact that she is questioning everyone. Nobody seems to get a pass. One of the ways I often find scum is that they act like Nahdia is acting, but they forget to go after their partner. I can't find anyone that Nahdia hasn't pushed to some degree or another, so she gets a town lean. I'm wary because I've seen another player, Copper (with some numbers that elude my memory... he's in plenty of my newbie games), who can pull off the perfect looking town as scum.

If I had to pick a dark horse candidate for scum, it would be Nahdia ... but I'm not convinced from looking at her other games on site that she could pull it off. (No offense intended Nahdia. Perfecting looking like town as scum is ridiculously hard, and I am rarely fooled).

This post is a bit longer than I intended, so let me make sure I ask the question again: Did you have an idea for what a town response and what a scum response would look like to your reaction test? What response(s) would have made you town read someone? Which response(s) would make you scum read someone? If you can't answer this question comprehensively... that's okay; that's part of what the newbie games are for. Reaction tests are a very good approach, especially if you can make them subtle ... but you have to know ahead of time how you expect typical town and typical scum to react, with solid reasoning.

If you would like, I can link you to some of my better reaction tests after the game, so you can get a feel for my person approach? It may not be helpful. I know that I've had to just kind of work out my own approaches... but maybe it will help?
[line]

@DWlee99, @Nahdia - Can I have thoughts on all living slots please? Feel free to rank them as a reads list if you like, but I'm more interested in your observations of how everyone is playing than your ranking. I'll just be really transparent here and say that I want a look at how you guys are thinking more than I want the reads ... but the reads combined with how you are thinking will help me PoE this. It
might
be as simple as the lolhammerer and the lurker ... but something tells me not to count on that.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #763 (isolation #76) » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:34 pm

Post by Drixx »

@Clumsy - I'm here for a few minutes more but I need to sleep and then get some posting done in the morning for a huge project for the site. I want to give fresh eyes to it before I dump it in for final editing.

Anyway ... I get the paranoia. Any time an IC lives for long in a newbie game, and is active and leading, people always start to suspect. My guess is that's the only reason I'm still alive. I can link you to my scum games if you want to get a feel for how I play scum. Unfortunately, what you're probably going to find if you go meta diving is that I'm always experimenting with my play. I wouldn't suggest spending the time meta-diving, but I will gladly link you to my scum games if you would like.

P-Edit: I actually agree that KainTepes is much more probable scum based upon behavior; however, Ice3 is just barely staying above replacement level inactive. I had hoped some pressure would fix that but it doesn't seem to be the case.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #773 (isolation #77) » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:55 am

Post by Drixx »

I think that out of your lynch pool, the one I'm most sure of is KainTepes. Ice3 is going to end up getting replaced I think.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #786 (isolation #78) » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:56 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 774, Dwlee99 wrote:You have your vote on ice :I

I was asking for a kain wagon and no one wanted it.

I wanted to get Ice3 to post more. He has a pretty terse style, and he just posted something interesting.

In post 775, BlueTrin wrote:
In post 773, Drixx wrote:I think that out of your lynch pool, the one I'm most sure of is KainTepes. Ice3 is going to end up getting replaced I think.

How do you read KT ? He is pretty much posting nonsense. Aside from looking who he is pushing and voting more than others ?

That posting appears to be an intentional strategy. He also lolhammered on day one, and that's generally pretty scummy. Add scummy behavior to an intentional strategy that allows him to shrug off anything that might look like a scum slip, and I am pretty suspicious of that.

In post 782, Dwlee99 wrote:Actually if I'm right about my reads we auto win if the scum are in Kain/Blue/Ice

Ice, you didn't claim but instead decided to do jack shit?

He didn't quite do nothing. He gave his opinion on who is scum. The question is how to proceed.

For now I'm going to do this, and wait for people to weigh in:

UNVOTE: Ice3
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #787 (isolation #79) » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:59 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 784, Ice³ wrote:
In post 782, Dwlee99 wrote:Actually if I'm right about my reads we auto win if the scum are in Kain/Blue/Ice

I don't exactly know what claiming is?

Claiming is when you claim what your role is. When you got your PM at the very start of this game, you were given a role. 5 or 6 of us got Vanilla Townie. 1 or 2 of us got a town power role (Jailkeeper, 1-shot BP, Cop, Doctor, Tracker are the possible roles). You can see the possible setups in the matrix posted at the start of the game. The game setup is one of the 3 columns or rows, making six possible setups (which is why it's called Matrix6).
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #789 (isolation #80) » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:09 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 788, Ice³ wrote:
In post 787, Drixx wrote:
In post 784, Ice³ wrote:

Claiming is when you claim what your role is. When you got your PM at the very start of this game, you were given a role. 5 or 6 of us got Vanilla Townie. 1 or 2 of us got a town power role (Jailkeeper, 1-shot BP, Cop, Doctor, Tracker are the possible roles). You can see the possible setups in the matrix posted at the start of the game. The game setup is one of the 3 columns or rows, making six possible setups (which is why it's called Matrix6).

Oh alright but wouldn't it defeat the purpose of the game if we just said what our roles were?

Well you are one vote from being lynched, so if you are a town power role, then claiming your role stops us from mislynching you and forces scum to kill you. You still end up dying, but it forces scum to do the kill instead of town mislynching. Further, if we are in a setup with a doctor (and you aren't the doctor), you can be protected, which makes things even harder for the scum.

If you are town, you should
NOT
claim to be a power role unless you actually are one. If you are just a Vanilla Townie, it's better to claim that than to try and fake claim to survive and risk having the actual PR(s) counterclaim you and give scum the info.

In larger games, there are actually times when a "mass claim" is very advantageous for town. Usually that happens in larger games with a lot of power roles.

So to be succinct for you: If you are about to be lynched and intent to hammer is stated, it's better to claim, and that is the site meta. It's not against the spirit of the game.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #814 (isolation #81) » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:17 pm

Post by Drixx »

Rhetoric is rhetoric. Nahdia and BT looks like a double tunnel to me. That's unpleasant for the rest of us. Can you do a formal case against him Nahdia?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #830 (isolation #82) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:14 am

Post by Drixx »

That took a little doing to read. I'm pretty thoroughly convinced by Nahdia's analysis. The original maybe had some holes but the response to what BlueTrin replied with is as genuine and on the nose as I've ever seen.

unvote

I'm going to give BlueTrin a chance to respond again before I vote him; however, I'm not sure what he could say that would change my mind. The biggest thing that I got from Nahdia's analysis and BlueTrin's response is that I can see how BlueTrin's play has been a story... a narrative. Scum tell a story to try and blend in while town just look for scum and aren't as concerned about getting their "story" straight. I see an awful lot of story highlighted in the interactions.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #832 (isolation #83) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:50 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 831, Dwlee99 wrote:I didn't even read those. LOL

You should. It will give you a chance to evaluate two players for the price of reading 1 really long posts and two smaller posts. Like ... evaluate really thoroughly. I almost never get that much insight all at once into players in newbie games. It usually requires the sort of back and forth you and I had to get down to someone's thought process and get a genuine read on whether they're legit working things out or just pretending.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #855 (isolation #84) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:01 pm

Post by Drixx »

Ummm... KT; can you please give us something of substance?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #866 (isolation #85) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:31 am

Post by Drixx »

Wow ... imagine if I had been up late as I sometimes am and saw BT tell me to put the vote on. Right after that vote count I totally would have and it would have been a hammer. I can't decide if BT knew that or what could have motivated him to ask me to vote him when he as at L-1.

Intent to hammer
. I can't think of any explanation for BT to have asked to be voted that makes sense.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #880 (isolation #86) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:08 am

Post by Drixx »

You need me to what? I have said several times today that I think KT has to be lynched and that I think he's just lynch bait in the endgame, but here we are with you at L-1. Is Nahdia right or are you right?

Are you asking for this to be a 1v1 situation? You flip scum and we should assume Nahdia is town? That feels like a setup to me.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #883 (isolation #87) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:30 am

Post by Drixx »

If you want to be hammered so badly; can you at least infodump first? Obviously you think Nahdia is scum. Can you give your other reads and some thoughts?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #896 (isolation #88) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:05 pm

Post by Drixx »

I gave intent and a VT claim doesn't put the brakes on. I got really mixed signals from BT. I hope my instincts are right here.

VOTE: BlueTrin

P-edit: I sat and stared at this for like an hour off and on. Sometimes you gotta swing for the fences.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #942 (isolation #89) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:46 am

Post by Drixx »

Well it doesn't make any sense to hide it now. I was hoping it would stop a night kill. I can confirm we're in Column 1 of the matrix since
I'm 1-shot BP
. That's why I have been trying to lead things; I wanted to draw fire.

I also wish we had lynched the lynchbait yesterday. BlueTrin seems obvtown in retrospect, and now we can't afford to lynch and find out it's just a disinterested townie.

My current thinking: (most solid town read higher)
Dwlee
Nahdia
KainTepes
Ice3

Where's everyone else at?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #943 (isolation #90) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:48 am

Post by Drixx »

I'm dumb. I should have waited to see if Ice would fake claim BP.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #944 (isolation #91) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:48 am

Post by Drixx »

Why does that stuff occur to me AFTER I press post?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #945 (isolation #92) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:33 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 940, KainTepes wrote:I DID??? I SAID ICE FROM BEGINNING< THEN INCLUDED DWLEE,,

CAN WE JUST LYNCH ICE NOW,,I HATE IT WHEN SCUM GETS AWAY BY LURKING , LIEK NINOMASAKI IN THE KIDS WITH GUNS GAME!!!!!!!!

In post 941, Nahdia wrote:you didn't say Ice until like but close enough.

Ice has yet to say anything today. One wrong vote and it's game over. Do you really feel that strongly about it KT?

What do you think Nahdia?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #947 (isolation #93) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:00 am

Post by Drixx »

I can't tell you what to do. The only person I would stake the game on being town is DWlee, and that took an absurd amount of back and forth with him for me to get that read.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #951 (isolation #94) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:41 am

Post by Drixx »

Can we wait and see what Nahdia thinks?

@DWlee - Assuming Ice flips scum, how does that change your thoughts? Does KT still rank as probably scum having pushed for Ice lynch for most of the game?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #953 (isolation #95) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:54 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 952, Dwlee99 wrote:uhmmm maybe? I'm not sure

It's really important for deciding what to do today. Is Kain scum who has been trying to bus all game? Is he scum who has been pushing the same mislynch all game? Is he town who has been right about scum all game? Is he town who has been deathtunneling another town all game?

I think it's probable that Ice is scum, mostly from how he reacted (or didn't) to almost being lynched yesterday. The question in my mind is what to make of KT.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #957 (isolation #96) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:38 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 956, KainTepes wrote:I WANT ICE DEAD,, GIVE ME PERMISSION TO VOTE ICE PLEASE

Who are you asking permission from? Nobody in the game can tell you that you can or cannot vote. We're in LYLO. If we screw up today we lose. Nobody is going to take responsibility for you.

It sucks, but that's what LYLO is.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #964 (isolation #97) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:25 pm

Post by Drixx »

I don't think either of us is fooling you DWlee. It may simply be as easy as it looks. I think we need to be sure to hit scum today and then we gain because they have to shoot me twice to kill me, so either no kill happens and we know the last scum is trying to remove me as conftown ... or a kill happens and it will be me and two of you and I'll have to figure it out.

Here's where I am in my thinking right now:

DWlee99 - Wouldn't lynch. If he fooled me under the pressure I administered on day one to get my read on him firmed, then I'll be the first in line to congratulate him. I think he has been genuine all game, and he's passed every test I could possibly throw at him.
Nahdia - Would only lynch if it was a LYLO with Me, DWlee99 and her. Her posting today has been spot on for LYLO. She also doesn't respond at all scummy when suspicion comes her way.

KainTepes - He's been tunneling the same person basically all game, with a few jumps. Seems opportunistic at time, and other times just seems single minded. I can't read him because there's no reasoning at all in his posts. This appears to be a strategy. If he's town, he has made things very difficult. I believe we should have lynched him yesterday to keep this from being a problem today. Hindsight is 20/20 though.

Ice3 - The one I am most comfortable risking the game on. He was put to L-1 and didn't really even respond then. His play could be viewed as strategic avoidance. He's avoided prods and being replaced, but under pressure never seems to answer direct questions. As a result, there's no real meaty case to be made ... other than that he didn't react the way town should when put at L-1 with intent. There were no reads and no info dump.

Something like this from you guys would be appreciated. I would really like to see some actual reasoned thinking on display from KT and Ice. I think, unfortunately, that my request is likely to be honored by the folks I don't want to lynch today and will therefore be useless to helping me figure out the right play. Still... the request is there. I would appreciate it if everyone did their best.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1008 (isolation #98) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:31 am

Post by Drixx »

It just comes back to that with Ice every time. He didn't at all do anything town in any way when he was facing the rope.

I appreciate the paranoia DWlee, but if you look at how I ended day one, I was clearly trying to draw the night kill. It was probably obvious to Clumsy because he set up that test to see if anyone would go after me. I think he only did that because he realized that the only other town PR that he might have to work with would be a BP and if he looked to see who was trying to draw fire, there was only me.

I think we can talk this in circles for all day, but it's probably going to come down to Ice. You're asking a lot of questions Nahdia; what do you think?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1014 (isolation #99) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:21 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 1009, Dwlee99 wrote:what test?

Post #751, right after you gave intent on Ice.

In post 1011, Nahdia wrote:Like you've given some thoughts and so have I. What exactly are you looking for? A vote?

Consensus. If we agree on Ice, then we should stop dancing around it and just commit. The worst case is we're wrong and someone played a great game and fooled us, and we learn from it. I'm as sure as I can be without an investigative guilty that he's scum. Just look at how he reacted to his L-1 and he and KT are still voting each other. It feels to me like they both want us to think there's no way they can be a team and voting each other.

I think if we agree we should stop dancing around it and take the first step. Lynch Ice and then worry about figuring out the partner toMorrow.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1019 (isolation #100) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:38 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 1018, Dwlee99 wrote:everyone's readiness to lynch ice is concerning :I

Not if the scum team is KT + Ice. KT really can't change his course after all game screaming that Ice is scum.

Heck, anyone + Ice and I would expect Ice to be bussed today.

And if I were scum this game and paired with Ice, I would happily bus him today and hope it was enough town credibility to win out with, because his play when up against being lynched was nothing remotely resembling town play. He could have obvtowned easily in that spot, and the only reason he didn't end up getting lynched is because his wagon got moved onto a townie last minute.

I would advocate a KT lynch but we've put Ice to L-1 and given intent and there was just nothing town in how he reacted to that. He didn't info dump or give thoughts or do anything at all. That's a position of total freedom for a townie. There's nothing left to do except try and help your wincon so you say everything you think and hope it helps your team. You don't just barely engage.

So Yeah ... I'm pretty sure Ice is scum, and I'm pretty sure whomever the partner is realizes there's no way to get away with defending him. I mean ... if you were his partner, would you defend him or try to push a different lynch DWlee?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1020 (isolation #101) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:52 am

Post by Drixx »

I went and looked at what went down with Ice. I didn't quote everything, but I tried to quote everything for a context of how it went from he was going to be lynched to the start of the swap to BlueTrin.

The whole time KT was pushing to finish Ice off, while eventually it was Nahdia who instigated the move off from Ice and onto BlueTrin. I could see a Nadia + Ice team maybe. There was a post I didn't include where KT said that Ice looked like newbie town with asking about claiming and that maybe gave an opening to swap to a different lynch. So either KT managed to get Nahdia to reconsider and look elsewhere and bought an extra day so that Ice would die today and He gets super credit for being after Ice all game long.

I can also see a scum!Nahdia taking advantage of KT saying that as a way to delay the lynch of Ice. I feel like Nahdia is a super paranoia possibility though.

Spoiler: Ice[sup
3[/sup] from L-1 with Intent to BlueTrin swing]
In post 750, Dwlee99 wrote:
INTENT TO HAMMER ICE3

In post 766, KainTepes wrote:KILL ICE,, KILL HIM NOW

In post 767, Dwlee99 wrote:Why didnt I get anything from declaring intent.

In post 778, Ice³ wrote:
In post 750, Dwlee99 wrote:
INTENT TO HAMMER ICE3

Do as you wish, but my judgment stays the same Kain and Bluetrin imo are scum

In post 779, KainTepes wrote:LYNCH HIM AND END HIS REIGN OF EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!

In post 780, Ice³ wrote:
In post 779, KainTepes wrote:LYNCH HIM AND END HIS REIGN OF EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!

examples being?

In post 781, KainTepes wrote:YOU ARE SCUM,, SO YOUR EVIL ENDS TODAY,,

In post 784, Ice³ wrote:

In post 790, Ice³ wrote:
In post 789, Drixx wrote:
In post 788, Ice³ wrote:
In post 787, Drixx wrote:
In post 784, Ice³ wrote:

Oh alright but wouldn't it defeat the purpose of the game if we just said what our roles were?

Well you are one vote from being lynched, so if you are a town power role, then claiming your role stops us from mislynching you and forces scum to kill you. You still end up dying, but it forces scum to do the kill instead of town mislynching. Further, if we are in a setup with a doctor (and you aren't the doctor), you can be protected, which makes things even harder for the scum.

If you are town, you should
NOT
claim to be a power role unless you actually are one. If you are just a Vanilla Townie, it's better to claim that than to try and fake claim to survive and risk having the actual PR(s) counterclaim you and give scum the info.

In larger games, there are actually times when a "mass claim" is very advantageous for town. Usually that happens in larger games with a lot of power roles.

So to be succinct for you: If you are about to be lynched and intent to hammer is stated, it's better to claim, and that is the site meta. It's not against the spirit of the game.

Well my claim is that I am a Vanilla Townie

In post 796, Nahdia wrote:Holy moly what a terrible reaction

In post 797, Nahdia wrote:Discredit more please. And I don't really do the whole "massive wall of quotes/casing" thing cause I already know if I did you would handwave it by saying confbias (which by the way you accusing me of having implies you're suggesting I'm town).

In post 798, Nahdia wrote:Cut the crap dude you're never going to lay down and just say "lynch me for the good of the town!" that crap is just an act and it's obvious when you get "annoyed" that sometime has made points against you

In post 799, BlueTrin wrote:Take your own advice and cut your crap, I told you yesterday to be quiet or make a case, you didn't. I told you today to make a case against me and you didn't.

Just do something concrete, you are doing exactly what you accuse me off, constantly trying to discredit me and put me with KT and Ice3.

If you thought PC was town why not have taken my offer to switch the votes, why did you stay silent until Clumsy called your name ? Why were you so defensive yesterday ? Your constant sniping at me doesn't sit well with me.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1022 (isolation #102) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:41 am

Post by Drixx »

I expect something at all from any town player who is at L-1 with intent given. He gave nothing at all. You know which alignment gives nothing when the rope is imminent?

Can we maybe exit the paranoia turnpike already?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1031 (isolation #103) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:28 am

Post by Drixx »

If DWlee agrees, I'll be happy to hammer and take responsibility. I am actually super surprised KT hasn't laid a vote down already.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1034 (isolation #104) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:46 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 1027, Dwlee99 wrote:
Intent to L-1

90 minutes since this. You're doing the same thing as me aren't you?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1041 (isolation #105) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:00 pm

Post by Drixx »

The vote has been there long enough that any competent scum team would have hammered him if he was town, I think.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1042 (isolation #106) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:01 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 1040, Dwlee99 wrote:drixx if you're scum, gj you fooled me

As promised: the hammer and the responsibility.

VOTE: Ice
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1050 (isolation #107) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:35 pm

Post by Drixx »

DWlee99 - You were spot on all game man. I always feel bad when I see someone playing really well and I can see their underlying thinking is sound, and I'm scum and have to subvert them. I hope we get a chance to play more together ... maybe as scum together sometime.

If anyone wants a critique, I will be willing to give them (as I'm sure KittyMo would if you prefer from the mod's perspective).
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1055 (isolation #108) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:48 pm

Post by Drixx »

Don't beat yourself up too much DWlee man. You played really solid. You were thinking through and questioning your assumptions the whole time. Nahdia was an incredible partner and allowed me to play a really aggressive scum game.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1059 (isolation #109) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:03 pm

Post by Drixx »

For Nahdia, for being an amazing scum partner. I hope to play with basically everyone from this game again. I'd like to see Ice be more involved and KT move beyond the style he's currently employing.

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1061 (isolation #110) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:08 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 1060, Dwlee99 wrote:I should of recognized you telling kain it was ok to vote ice as super scummy as well.

The hardest thing to be in LYLO is a town player with no way to PoE. Really man ... don't beat yourself up. Please. It hurts me to see you taking it so hard. It was a lot of fun playing with you and I bet you had fun and learned things and you'll play better the next game, right? Focus on the good.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1065 (isolation #111) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:22 pm

Post by Drixx »

Start with finding the fun in the game, even when you are on the losing end. And don't take the burden of the loss on your shoulders. You didn't lose alone.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1078 (isolation #112) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:16 pm

Post by Drixx »

It's hard to decide with things like that. A force replacement can have a big impact on a game's outcome.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1089 (isolation #113) » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:02 am

Post by Drixx »

I will take the time and give you both a critique within 24 hours.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1095 (isolation #114) » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:06 am

Post by Drixx »

I have something I HAVE to finish today, then I'll put critiques here. If this thread gets locked and archived, I will PM them to you.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1096 (isolation #115) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:49 am

Post by Drixx »

Got super busy. Critiques will be in your inboxes ASAP. Thanks for your patience.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”