Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #278 (isolation #0) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:29 am

Post by Locust »

Hey I can see you are scum reading me. Rai was just a townie reacting badly to being read that way.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #280 (isolation #1) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:36 am

Post by Locust »

Give us a moment I have just got here typing something up now.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #281 (isolation #2) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:05 am

Post by Locust »

Having gone through the 12 pages personally I am leaning towards voting Hellfire he does not appear to be actively scum hunting and seems to be almost scared to go looking almost like he wants all the answers given to him.The play style is frustrating to read I am going to put my vote here though maybe some pressure will change that.

HowardRoark makes some good points in almost every post some of the best reasoning to vote and unvote. I have a strong town read at the moment.

Joshz seemed to blow up after a few votes went his way I am thinking more town at the moment though.

Human seems to be actively scum hunting I am leaning town there as well although I am not sure why your vote is on Sobolev and I understand why HowardRoak has his vote here.

Loopdan I like for town as well again seems active and scum hunting.

Psyche seems to have been quite recently smells a bit like scum not wanting to catch any flack.

Jackel98 I also like for town (love the tables) some really good analysis done its just a shame about the conclusion. I am not scum and now Rai is gone I will hopefully be able to change your mind.

Soblov Space I am leaning town as well.

VOTE: Hellfire Missile

I am going to spend some time now taking a second read through of everything and will try to get something else posted after dinner.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #283 (isolation #3) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:28 am

Post by Locust »

Yes I have townish feelings on lots of people just thats just the way I roll.

Day one is hard to call I reckon it is an easy day for scum to hide in the shadows and stay inactive and non committal. So people who appear to be reading and re-reading and staying active tend to seem townie to me. All I have to go on is my gut so those are my reads so far. Currently going back through so if anything triggers me I will let you know.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #286 (isolation #4) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:10 am

Post by Locust »

I read the entire thread quickly before signing up. I have only played face to face mafia before now.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #287 (isolation #5) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:57 am

Post by Locust »

So looking over the posts and sticking to activity (and finding the activity button). I notice Howard had a quick spree of throwing votes around and has now gone quite. Sobolev Space has also been quite. When they do contribute though they are making a lot of sense. I would want to see more from them. I think Human has town intentions I read through with an extreme anti Human bias but couldn't find anything that I could point to as obv scum.

Human if you do lynch me and I flip town who do you want to lynch day 2?
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #290 (isolation #6) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:24 pm

Post by Locust »

I thought maybe mafia. Rai seemed to be throwing the toys out the pram and, although that turned out to be because people were wrong ,the way he was going about it looked like mafia.

In response to space that vote seems very much like jumping on a wagon. I know I wasn't left in a great place and I would have work to do maybe I shouldn't have been so binary with my reads. I didn't have any particularly good reason to think you were mafia or town now as you are taking this opportunity to come after an easy target I am thinking you may be scum.

(I am currently on my phone sorry for any typos)
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #292 (isolation #7) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:51 pm

Post by Locust »

I think when he is going after Joshz he genuinely thinks he has caught scum. By the time he is going after Human he seems to be driven much more by emotions. I however am not Rai. Personally I thought the wagon for Joshz was going after town.

If I had to pick a person on my wagon to be scum at the moment it would be you . Your vote has been on this role from the start it dropped off now jumps back on as it is gaining momentum.

Still your actions could be well intentioned and at least your posting so my vote is staying on hellfire.

It is midnight here and I am going to sleep in will check in in the morning.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #296 (isolation #8) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:48 pm

Post by Locust »

HowarRoak I think day one scum would find it easier to stay inactive and watch town go at it. It may not be site meta though so happy if someone tells me I am super off target and why.

Space if you were to be lynched today and flipped scum it would all depend on who climbed on the wagon and what reasons they had for doing it. I belive both Loopdan and Human have had votes on you in the past, but both have had their reasons.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #305 (isolation #9) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:55 am

Post by Locust »

Hey Hellfire you are back. I think if you were scum it would of been an ideal opportunity to put a vote on me I am getting close to being lynched and have a vote on you with the way you have played this I was expecting you to vote me when you became active again. I have to ask though what is your read on me I think I am L-2 (I may be counting the votes wrong) would you expect me to be panicking more?

UNVOTE: Hellfire Missile
This is getting ridiculous.
VOTE: Psyche

In post 272, Psyche wrote:
ok im back

@Xalxe-- Was Psyche prodded prior to ^this? Your rule-set requires "a game-advancing post" to get off the prod, right?
I agree with Loopdan here I have not seen Psyche since I was replaced. I believe everyone else has contributed it would be nice to hear from our IC. I am going to move my vote to Psyche for now until we hear more from him. Again this is going back to previous reasoning where it is easy to hide and lurk to let town pick up heat rather than come and join in and promote discussion. I have been swayed with Hellfires recent action, not 100% convinced but slightly swayed, that he may be town having a hard time rather than mafia hamming it up. Without getting Psyches reactions to Rai's claim and me coming in as a replacement I am now going to put my vote there.

Open question are all newb games this quite or is it the fact that we are now on a Monday and I am in a different time zone to a bunch of you making it seem that way?
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #306 (isolation #10) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:59 am

Post by Locust »

Also I suspect at least 1 of the votes on me is probably Scum I think Rai's outburst would of let the other two make arguments to hammer me and look innocent. As I said in a previous post I think it might be Sobolev Space, but can't catch him on anything in his posts maybe it is just gut feels on the way he has joined my wagon.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #307 (isolation #11) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:01 am

Post by Locust »

Space I am so sorry I have just realized it should be she not he. I still think you may be mafia scum though.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #309 (isolation #12) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:18 am

Post by Locust »

Human thanks for that it is making it hard for me to get any reads post Rai, which for me now is really the most important time. The way I am seeing it Psyche has been posting elsewhere since yesterdays I'm back it would be valuable to see him in this game especially if he is town at the moment it really feels like the mafia could be coasting and letting us fight shadows.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #316 (isolation #13) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:00 am

Post by Locust »

In post 310, Human Sequencer wrote:i doubt it's alignment indicative considering he's the IC
Maybe but it isn't pro town either.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #324 (isolation #14) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:38 am

Post by Locust »

Hellfire I would be interested in your reads on other people in this game as well. It would help me understand your thought processes more and (if you are finding it so hard to get reads) may help you out with getting some of your own gut feelings. I would be interested mostly on your reads on Space and Psyche, but anyone else you have a strong feeling about based on their actions and perceived intentions I would also like to hear. The reason IU am asking you this is you currently seem to be here and active and the only people you have had reads on so far seem to be Joshz and a little on me.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #342 (isolation #15) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:22 am

Post by Locust »

In post 325, HowardRoark wrote:@Locust: I had a hiatus from the site for a few years, so I cannot attest to any activity tell. Some players will post 10 one liners per RL day with little content. I feel that it can generally only be used as a stitch to close a case or a policy lynch.
Game pace always seems weird to me: too slow when I have time; too fast when I am away for a bit.
IMHO, the blow up and exit of your predecessor was raw enough to keep people from just quick lynching. If it had made it to L-1, the hammer might have been swift and probably a good D2 analysis.

<snip>

I'm good for hanging Human Sequencer (current vote) or Psyche (policy) today. Joshz is becoming a candidate again.
Its day one if policy lynch for inactivity is as good as we get then that's what I would go with. I do agree that just spamming to get a post count up is just as bad as not posting maybe a little more telling but still anti town. Although he has been poked and I am not in a rush to lynch as long as we choose someone before the days end.

I find this quote followed by Psyches period of absence to be interesting as well.
In post 133, Psyche wrote:I think policy lynching and similar bad habits are part of
why
Day 1 in Newbie games results in so many mislynched town.

As I said before i think Joshz is town although it will be interesting going back to this analysis if Psyche was to be lynched and flipped scum.
In post 209, HowardRoark wrote:@Human Sequencer: So you believe (after Psyche calls it) that Joshz is just the village idiot, yet haven't really done much to forward anything else.
In post 55, Human Sequencer wrote:
I don't let up.
201 you seem to be claiming that your vote is actually creating pressure and moving the game forward. You sat on the Joshz wagon then hopped off as it really began to build to chase an absent player.
VOTE: Human Sequencer
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #347 (isolation #16) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:34 pm

Post by Locust »

In post 345, Sobolev Space wrote:
*snip*

Some thoughts: Locust has had much townier posts and is being active. Tone is still a little too conciliatory for my liking. Much better than his predecessors though. Keeping my vote here for now mostly because I have no better reads.
I guess conciliatory is my natural style. I am more inclined to see town being jittery rather scum malice especially on day one when there is less to go on.

With that said I still had a scum read on you and still have an unanswered question about who you would want to lynch tomorrow if my wagon was successful?
In post 345, Sobolev Space wrote: Unless Psyche has a flurry of activity soon a Psyche lynch seems pretty justified to me.
Out of everyone in the game right now who do you think is the scum team just on gut alone if nothing else? As of the last vote count we had 5 days left (
@mod is this posted daily, when votes change significantly or just when you have time?
) so still time for Psyche to be replaced or contribute meaningfully. I have my vote there at the moment and would be happy to keep it there if nothing has changed my opinion closer to the deadline. I am not in a super rush to end the day for any reason. Especially with the low activity making hard to read people.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #377 (isolation #17) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:57 am

Post by Locust »

In post 348, Sobolev Space wrote:Sigh. I'm up at 3AM doing work might as well check this game. I'm pretty sleep deprived so feel free to ask for clarification if I word anything confusingly or am not making sense.
Get some sleep you won't do your best work at 3am!
If we lynched you and you flipped scum I could see a convincing argument for Sequencer being your partner.
I would like to know what that argument would be. I have seen Humans vote move about a fair bit which could be scum trying to wagon, but Human was the first off my Wagon and at the moment I am given to believe Humans actions are pro town.
The past few pages I've actually had a bit of a gut read on Loopdan as scum but I can't see any super scummy posts of his jumping out at me. I'll do a more careful analysis of this tomorrow when I have time to see if my priors are at all justified. Aside from that I think Sequencer leans a bit scum for reasons HR has pointed out. I could see a Loopdan/Jackel scumteam or Sequencer with someone like Psyche or HM. I said above that Joshz is null for me but I really can't see Joshz as a scumbuddy with anyone in the game rn. Again, all of this is just gut so take it with a grain of salt until we have more info.
The only thing that worries me about Joshz at the moment is the amount he is budding up to me. I don't think he is scum, but if he is the fact he is pegging me so hard for town (don't laugh at the innuendo it is just the way I speak) means I will look dirty should he flip scum at any point. Jackel I am finding little content to read on (at least he said he hasn't got much time today) and can't see where your link to Loopdan is but if its gut then its gut.
Agree with this 100%. I think we should give Psyche the benefit of the doubt if he starts to make more posts or gets replaced. A day 1 mislynch on the IC slot is basically the best case scenario for scumteam so we should avoid it if we can. Unfortunately, unless Psyche picks up or gets replaced we might have no better option.
I mean you and Psyche could be a scum team. You didn't have a vote on the wagon where the hammer nearly dropped. A day one mislynch on the IC slot would be bad I fully agree, but unless we get action or a replacement then the slot is anti town.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #378 (isolation #18) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:06 am

Post by Locust »

In post 351, Human Sequencer wrote:looks like sobolev is acting
looks like locust is acting
<snip>
sololev is scum, best lynch
VOTE: sobolev space
I would like to know why you think I am acting? I have no history on this site to be compared against so what about my post seems fake?
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #379 (isolation #19) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:19 am

Post by Locust »

In post 368, Human Sequencer wrote:-shrug-
l-1

really wouldn't mind murderballing sobolev tomorrow
In post 369, Loopdan wrote:UNVOTE:

That moved too quickly.
Yes it did. I know you guys have a holiday coming up, but I think we can wait a bit longer for Psyche to return.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #403 (isolation #20) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am

Post by Locust »

@HowardRoak I will attempt to keep the post numbers in the quotes. Happy to look at alternatives to Psyche now he is being replaced. Hopefully his replacement can help ramp up the discussion in the thread.
In post 386, HowardRoark wrote:
Not lynching

<snip>

Want lynched

Jackel98
Psyche
I wouldn't be happy with a Jackel98 lynch based on volume of content alone he has at least thrown his votes onto three people and had some activity recently. I am more interested in the fact that he is climbing on and off wagons he has only had 3 votes since random voting Human. They have been Josh, Rai(Locust) and now Space.
In post 385, Human Sequencer wrote:this game is slower than a turtle in zero g
i'm dtl psyche or sobolev, maybe jackel
who's with me?
Human now has 7 votes for 5 different people and is constantly looking for a lynch the rush to lynch though is starting to look like mafia. I am still reluctant to rush out a day one lynch I know the odds are against us lynching scum, but at least lets get a lynch where we learn the most going into day two. Yes I would be down to lynch two of those three, but I would like them to defend themselves see who votes and their reasons. Your want to get this day over with especially while we are effectively an IC down looks like someone taking an opportunity to wagon while town are potentially weak.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #404 (isolation #21) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:34 am

Post by Locust »

In post 348, Sobolev Space wrote:
Two reasons: 1. When Locust first posted sequencer and I both voted him pretty quickly but he only accused me of being scummy for this. Seems he was more threatened by me than Sequencer. 2. DayRai made long posts accusing Joshz and Sequencer but the Sequencer post felt a lot more contrived and less genuine to me. I think DayRai might've known he looked suss so distanced himself from his buddy knowing the wagon wouldn't get any traction.

<snip>

Lynch 'em

Psyche
HM
Locust
Just so you know this went up while I was typing #403.

I understand the votes for HM and Psyche easy lynch for afk IC and HM has done himself no favors. However I would not be happy with lynching either right now with 4 days out and now we seem to be getting a replacement and generating some better talking points. If we lynch them now what do we learn if we had more activity off everyone then maybe so but right now they are easy to wagon and don't give us much in return. I am going to take my vote off Psyche in-case the wagon ramps up again when I am AFK and he is gone before his replacement is here it got too close earlier.

UNVOTE: Psyche
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #411 (isolation #22) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:49 pm

Post by Locust »

I had a read of Hellfires other game and I don't think he is just acting dumb I genuinely think he is struggling to play. However this does not mean I think he his town the amount of reaching and squirming he is doing suggests scum and when prodded he is (in his own words) tilting
In post 363, Hellfire Missile wrote:
In post 362, Hellfire Missile wrote:
In post 361, Human Sequencer wrote:i'm undecided on it
looks fake but it could be legit
fuck not this again

if im lynched im not gonna fucking do anything

second time im just.

ugh
*tilt

Now my only issue with a day one Hellfire lynch (and why I won't put my vote on him before I go to bed) is that wagon will be easy to jump on. The three of you that have put lists together all have him towards the bottom, but that means squat it would be really hard to put him in a null or town spot.

My Personal List

Not lynching

Locust
(Yeah I wouldnt lynch myself)

If nothing changes in the next 24 hours I wouldn't lynch.

Loopdan
Joshz
Howard

Group of individuals that may give me reason to lynch sooner than the others

Jackel98

Sobolev Space
Human Sequencer

Would lynch by the end of the day unless something drastic changes

Psyche
(its well past a joke for him not to be here!)
Hellfire

Its so easy and non controversial to put those to at the bottom of the list that it is making life really hard. It would probably be better to look at the other 3.

Space has had her vote on me all game she really doesn't like anyone sitting in my spot! I can see she is determined even when everyone else has a town read she is still plugging for my neck. She would also happily string up Hellfire and Psyche. She has also had a scummy read on Loopdan for a bit but most of the time it seems to be me along with a combo of the other two. Like a dog with a bone she could be shaking me hoping she gets a mafia tell or she has decided I am the nominated townie to lynch today and she aint going anywhere. Does she want Locust swinging from the gallows if she can't get that will she simply put a cap in his ass?

Human as I mentioned before lots of votes sat on lots of trains really wants today to be over ASAP. Some good attempts at scum hunting early on, seems to think most of us are acting and not being our natural selves. Yet as the day has slowed down and dragged on the frustration and the eagerness to lynch has come to the surface. Is this Mafia wanting to get to the night phase so they can cap poor old Locust? Or could it be another bored townie wanting day 2 so we can get more clues with dead bodies on our hands?

Jackel98 aka. Mr Tables. After trading opening barbs with, his scum buddy (I am just doing this for dramatic effect now), Human Jackel has proceeded to casually hop on wagons as they have rolled in. Joshz, Rai(and by transmutation Me) and now sitting on Space. He has for the most part been light on content, yet not enough to get into the same hole as Hellfire Missile and Psyche. Is he actually the Zodiac Killer hiding among us posting tables when he thinks a big wagon is rolling in or just so busy with school and just doing his best?

Right its midnight again here and I am tired I am not even going to re-read this for grammar and spelling so sorry about that.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #412 (isolation #23) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:52 pm

Post by Locust »

Oh one last thing with the big day celebrating the death of over 2 billion turkeys coming up on Thursday please let everyone know if you are not going to be around so we can make an informed decision about when would be a good time to drop hammer. I will be here we don't have holidays in November :(
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #419 (isolation #24) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:52 am

Post by Locust »

@Human I have just got back from work so will go and check out your other games now. I always think the more you get out of people on day one the better. There is little harm in us slugging it out as long as we have a well considered lynch at the end. I mean the odds are worse than a coin flip of us hitting mafia anyway so lets get anything we can out of this mess. I have you in that 3rd bracket at the moment because I think this rushing is anti-town I will read through your other games and that will give me a better idea of your play style as well.

@Loopdan how you you feel about a Jackel lycnh? He is pretty quite, but with just enough inoffensive activity not to stand out to anyone I think we learn more lynching him than the others that have been inactive, maybe just as much as we learn from Human or Space.

Overall though I am still not liking the fact that we don't have Psyche or a replacement and it is a bit of a ghost town here. I have other engagements later tonight but I will probably be able to keep up with changes and get some posts up from my phone the spelling and grammar will be worse than normal though.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #420 (isolation #25) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:10 am

Post by Locust »

In post 387, Human Sequencer wrote:dude that's a great list
i'm gonna use that for many games to come

not lynching

Human
Howard
Loopdan
Locust

kinda towny

joshz

d2 candidates

hellfire

dtl

psyche
sobolev
jackel

i'm a lot more divisive though

why don't we all post our lynchables, and if we have one person on 5 lynchables, there's our lynch?
Now see I have just read a game of yours human....

Newbie 1744 post #128

If day one lists are a bad idea and give mafia a "condensed list of targets" then why is this list so good?
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #422 (isolation #26) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:14 am

Post by Locust »

Your other game appears to be ongoing and has plenty of activity. I am not sure what you hoped to gain from me reading them I mean day one on Newbie 1744 you had Town Cop at L-1 and nearly lynched scum day one! Yes it was slow outside of that, but town won. I am starting to think a Human lynch may catch us some scum.

@MOD can we get a new VC?
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #423 (isolation #27) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:16 am

Post by Locust »

In post 421, Human Sequencer wrote:because i've drastically changed my style compared to how i played in that game
you'll also notice me constantly saying 'lets not lynch anybody yet', which is the opposite of my viewpoint now
Missed this one. It may well have been a mistake to point that out then. Your play style is drastically different yet you won that game and lived to the end. Why change up something that's working?
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #425 (isolation #28) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:25 am

Post by Locust »

So tell me then what do you now think of the lists how can they help us and how do you think scum view them? Do you not think it is an easy way for scum to buddy or gain a little distance from each other without having to give solid reasons?
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #429 (isolation #29) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:49 am

Post by Locust »

In post 427, Joshz wrote:
In post 423, Locust wrote:
In post 421, Human Sequencer wrote:because i've drastically changed my style compared to how i played in that game
you'll also notice me constantly saying 'lets not lynch anybody yet', which is the opposite of my viewpoint now
Missed this one. It may well have been a mistake to point that out then. Your play style is drastically different yet you won that game and lived to the end. Why change up something that's working?
No good player will ever have the same playstyle across many games. Mafia is a game that requires adapting and failing to do so results in tells. Alternatively you can be one of the people that plays the same regardless of alignment but those people get mislynched and policy lynched a fair bit. A guy who guys by thetwinmasters is a good example of that from another site, who generally just asks random questions and random votes, and the result is an unreadable person who typically gets scum read. I prefer the adapting strategy though.
Oh I agree with this. Style evolves and adapts with each game and experience, but it is night and day the difference between the two. I don't think we lynch human today but I am not convinced by the arguments. Human still seems in a rush to end today which doesn't fit well with me. That said I still have Hellfire top of the pile for today. I am not sure on what the deal is with the empty slot though if no one fills it by the end of day one what happens?
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #436 (isolation #30) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:20 pm

Post by Locust »

I am not even going to try and read the IC slot for whatever reason it is empty. Hellfire is now gone and today has been pretty quite. Like I said yesterday I don't want to just concentrate on those that are not here as it is obviously no good for the town, but screw it is am now happy to vote the empty IC slot, Hellfire, Space or Jackel. If they are all town then we are up shit creek.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #437 (isolation #31) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:26 pm

Post by Locust »

Still on my phone I am going to sleep. I guess I have a target on my back for a night kill which is why I want to get as much out if today as possible because if I die town looses at least one active person. I reckon we lynch someone Tomorrow while they are eating turkey.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #443 (isolation #32) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:47 am

Post by Locust »

In post 441, Huntress wrote:Hi there!

Just going to read up.

Hey there I would appreciate any input you have to offer on what has gone on it seems most of us don't like talking.

I still reckon Jackel is potential scum so he has got my vote for now. He was making waves when it came to getting the Rai wagon rolling and carried those through my arrival. Now the wagons have ended he has gone all quite so here is my vote for now. VOTE: Jackel98
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #448 (isolation #33) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:59 am

Post by Locust »

So if we limit ourselves to people who have made an impression Space and Jackel have been around just as much. I am not sure how Space can have made less of an impression than Jackel looking back there is about the same amount of content from both. Howard is in this category as well although I have found his contributions to contain more substance than the other two.

Then we just have Human, Loopdan, Joshz and myself being the most visible I would be reluctant to lynch any of us today (I could be convinced to go for Human if someone really wants to push it). I think we have all spoken about how we gain f'all from a Hellfire Lynch and I think we are all giving Huntress a chance to get going.

I am still happy on Jackel for now I think we get as much information out of that lynch as we would out of a Space lynch.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #451 (isolation #34) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:38 pm

Post by Locust »

I think Jackel has had enough of a mix of people for and against him that we have something to look at tomorrow. I feel the same way about you though as well Space and can see value in lynching you today as well. For me it is all about a large % of people being quite and trying to lynch someone that, if they do flip town, will give us the most information while doing the least damage to town. If we hit one of the more active townies today that will suck for us going into day two.

HM I would love to lynch if we really can't make a better decision still waiting to hear from huntress as well.

Happy thanksgiving to those in the US hope it is a good one.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #455 (isolation #35) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:24 pm

Post by Locust »

Huntress glad to see you are around looking forward to hear what you have to say.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #457 (isolation #36) » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:41 am

Post by Locust »

With a little under 48 hours to go till the deadline. It would be nice to see a little more activity. I am still up for a jackel lynch but I think we are going to need all active people on the same target to get it done. I think in our current situation we do not stand any chance of lynching scum.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #472 (isolation #37) » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:21 pm

Post by Locust »

@Jackel from what I have seen in other games a claim is normal before a lynch. It would be interesting to see if anything actually changes based on it as we are so close to the deadline and no lynchs in day one are an awful outcome the level of activity would need to be pretty high to get another target today. I am happy with my vote in you for now, but a claim and others reactions may change that depending on what you claim.

@LoopDan you just asked the mod to prod the mod that's amazing.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #481 (isolation #38) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:47 am

Post by Locust »

Happy birthday Jackel. We cant be lynching you on your birthday UNVOTE: Jackel98. If no one is going to counter the claim looks like my vote will also be going elsewhere.

Human I would be interested to hear why you would want to murder Space should Jackel flip green. I know you have had your vote on Space a fair few times now is there anything really standing out or is it just gut?

Space and Human seem like good choices to get good information for day 2, but for now my vote will be on Hellfire Missile. The guy is now the only anti town player. He has brought nothing to day one and okay he cant claim before the deadline because he is VLA, but I don't know how to feel about having so many claims on day one anyway (is it normal to already have PR's claimed day one?) it doesn't sit quite right with me.

Pros of lynching hellfire:
He has not contributed anything of value to the town on day one.
Some of his actions have been very confusing.
His levels of activity when he has not been VLA has been erratic and when not being looked for seems to dissapear.

Cons of lyncing Hellfire:
He may be town
Whatever his flip it is not going to be a massive help going into day two.

So weighing that up I feel a Hellfire lynch just about works out for day one. I am guessing if Jackels claim is true we have all the PRs claimed for a newbie game (I think I am reading the matrix correctly). Therefore a Hellfire lynch takes out a townie who has taken alot of heat then dissaperead never really adding anything to the discussion (to me thats anti-town) at best it takes out scum.

VOTE: Hellfire Missile

I will be interested in where the other votes go and will try to be active up to the deadline sleep and work may get in the way.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #482 (isolation #39) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:48 am

Post by Locust »

In post 480, HowardRoark wrote:Matrix6
A
B
C
Town JailkeeperVanilla TownieMafia Goon
Mafia Roleblocker
Town Cop
Town Doctor
Town 1-shot
Bulletproof
Mafia Goon
Town Tracker
Tracker and Cop do not coexist.

I'm less likely to trust the rants of a player leaving the game but it creates a problem.
UNVOTE: Jackel98

Can someone tell me how I am supposed to read these can we not have roles from different columns?
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #484 (isolation #40) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:49 am

Post by Locust »

If we cant have roles from different columns I suggest we go and lynch Jackel today without question!
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #486 (isolation #41) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:51 am

Post by Locust »

VOTE: Jackel[/vote[
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #487 (isolation #42) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:51 am

Post by Locust »

oops lets try again VOTE: Jackel98
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #488 (isolation #43) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:54 am

Post by Locust »

I would suggest if you are town we are lynching Jackel98 today I probably die tonight so quick question to everybody (and if this is not kosher I am sorry). If you were town cop who would you investigate. I think I know who I would I am interested in who other people think. I hope we have a doctor in town as well....just saying.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #492 (isolation #44) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:58 am

Post by Locust »

Personal feeling would be just hammer now he has claimed unless you want to see if someone else drops the hammer.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #496 (isolation #45) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:16 am

Post by Locust »

If I wasn't 100% sure I was town Human I would be saying the same thing.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #503 (isolation #46) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:05 am

Post by Locust »

In post 433, Human Sequencer wrote:we don't need an extension.
Just a thought I believe the only way we managed to get scum (unless something has gone badly wrong and Jackel is claiming a role by mistake, or the grid selection is broken then he has to be scum right no point in fake claim from a townie) was with our 24 extension. If I don't make it to day 2 it has been a blast guys I am turning in for an early night.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #535 (isolation #47) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:15 am

Post by Locust »

In post 524, Human Sequencer wrote:
Cop will give no result unless something ludicrous happened last night.
I got a result and we wont be lynching Huntress today.

My thoughts are that someone was VLA all night or they dun gone messed up.

With that in mind I am going to go get some day one reads and be back later....I could be easily convinced of a Hellfire Lynch.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #537 (isolation #48) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:36 am

Post by Locust »

Joshz yes I am. I thought it was clear enough maybe not though.

I am still shocked we managed to lynch Scum on day one with all the inactivity. I think we win this one now, with the knowledge of one scum day one and 2 confirmed town (if you are willing to say I am conf town) I need a good reread ... I have had a 13 hour day at work today though and my brain is fried I will try and put my thoughts up in a bit, but I need food and drink first.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #548 (isolation #49) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:32 am

Post by Locust »

In post 541, Joshz wrote:the huge risk that should have happened is doctor protecting loopdan as he was the obvious kill

Joshz can you explain how he was the obvious kill? I guess if the Mafia could only kill and thought we had a Doc then anyone but me would be a good choice (Hellfire excepted) I am not sure why Loopdan was the obvious choice for a kill. You had threw some shade over to Loopdan a couple of times on day 1..
In post 20, Joshz wrote:VOTE: loopdan
and ...
In post 431, Joshz wrote: Otherwise, heres a good lynch. Hellfire Missile was baiting scum to wagon. Seeimg as nobody wagomed it, that makes him more likely scum in my eyes, but his flip doesnt rly give info. Ideally loopdan is the lynch because i think hes scum playing well preying on a disfunctional town. Jackel is the only other lynch that should be considered imo. I'm going to finally accept this is the newbie section and avoid lynching a newbie because they could probably use the experience. Since the IC told me I am basically being too much of a dick earlier, I don't know what I can say other than that.
VOTE: loopdan

and...
In post 389, Joshz wrote:
<snip>

What I think needs to happen is a lynch on someone who hasn't been wagoned, probably Loopdan though ideally Howard from my perspective. Mafia is in control of this game and that's how we will take control back.
Naked vote and couple of pokes and no one really took you up on it now your post at the top is saying he was the obvious kill. I am confused by this and would like to know how you fell about the others after yesterdays lynch and kill and not just Hellfire who we could all easily pile into today, but I don't think it give us anything in the short term.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #583 (isolation #50) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:28 am

Post by Locust »

In post 573, Human Sequencer wrote:Locust what led you to keep the legitimacy of Rai's claim under wraps until the right time? What was going through your mind when you replaced in and got your role pm, and what caused you to react in the way you did?

I'm trying to get a better understanding of Locust's slot because I feel like it's the lynchpin of this game.
I didn't feel the need to lean on Rai's claim. I am sure I could of and it may have been an easy route to get out of the limelight and if I thought the hammer was coming I would of pushed it hard. However as I felt I had sometime I thought reading the game and getting some discussion going I would be able to show I was working as town and move the other town to my side. I was hoping it would frustrate the scum as they were getting close to lynching the cop and it would be interesting to see who pushed. I mean if they managed to get a day 1 cop lynch that would be an amazing scum start.

As for Hellfire his play is so anti town lynching him would be easy and I am not sure how much more we can get done while we wait. I would be really interested in hearing more from Huntress today as well.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #584 (isolation #51) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:33 am

Post by Locust »

Hellfire dude we are all in the same boat this is my first game of mafia on the forums you know just as much about everyone as I do. Read posts and just let us know if anything stands out to you don't get hung up on it just let it flow. I have no training in playing you just read what people say and look for dodgy stuff. By not doing that you appear to be scum as they don't like pointing fingers. The other option of course is you are scum in which case just say "I am scum" and we can lynch you and go home.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #586 (isolation #52) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:38 am

Post by Locust »

Could someone tell me what NAI and TvS stand for please?
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #587 (isolation #53) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:39 am

Post by Locust »

Joshz I am in no rush to lynch them nothing to be gained by rushing. I have nowhere else to be today. Should Hellfire be town we will only be back to a long night phase.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #615 (isolation #54) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:53 am

Post by Locust »

In post 610, Hellfire Missile wrote:
In post 606, HowardRoark wrote:@Hellfire Missile: Not sure what more to do right now to assist you. Read, think, question, share, ... Please do not join non-Newbie games without having some better ability.
my biggest problem is if i die in this game i cant join any more newbie games as a noob.
But if when we lynch scum the game will be over as well.

Do me a favour here Hellfire list do a quick 1 - 2 liner on everyone tell me why you think they are town or scum. You honestly have nothing to loose at this point.

I really dont get this urge to rush out a lynch. Day one we went right o the last day and got scum.

If Hellfire flips scum we win if we lynch him now or lynch him in 48 hours. If he flips town then I would be gunning for Josh tomorrow as he has been pushing for this from the start of the day and pushing hard. Human as well. Chill out there is plenty of game to be had. Everyone on Hellfire makes it easy for scum to hide now at least with some more options for a lynch today we might get a better read into day 3 should Hellfire flip town.
Joshz wrote:now i dont want doc to claim yet but

if we assume i, locust, psyche are town, a doc claim would make 4 town. that means the lynch pool would be out of whoever the not doc claim is, aka 3 of sobolev, human, hm, and howard. we can afford 2 mislynches. so, assuming doc is one of those and not myself or psyche, doesnt town win invariably with a doc claim?
Damn dude I had some town vibes but I wouldn't go as far as to say you are 100% town. I dont have much experiance of the meta here, but if I had someone pushing this hard IRL and making claims like this and ..
In post 538, Joshz wrote:we lynched scum mostly because of me imo tho thats probably partially ego bias
<snip>
I would be giving them a big stare down to see if they were sweating. To add to that I find your explanation about why Loopdan was an obvious lynch choice in 563 not sitting right. With that said I have just read over your previous wagon and I am still leaning town for you at the moment. I guess it may be just a clash of play styles.

Human is in a rush again, but that was the same day 1. Human you seem sure about Joshz convince me he is lock town.

Huntress its nearly 2200 in the UK hopefully your dinner was good what are your reads for the day?
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #645 (isolation #55) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:12 pm

Post by Locust »

@ Hellfire Dude do you understand what happened at the start of the day and why a read on Huntress is easy for people? It really seems like you are struggling now is the time to ask for help and not get super angsty and lash out. Because of some very basic mistakes people want to lynch you. I want you to give this a proper shot so we can attempt to get a proper read on you. I am close to jumping on the wagon because your mistakes are not helping town and have probably been our biggest distraction over two days. This is making it easy for scum to hide (assuming you are not scum) and therefore harder for town to catch them. So I am going to ask again do a simple one liner on everyone and say whether you think they are scum town or neutral.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #646 (isolation #56) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:44 pm

Post by Locust »

I have been back over Loopdans ISO especially the buts before Jackel claimed. He had his sites seemingly set on Space and Human. So I have been back over to see which of them may have been working with Jackel.

then I remembered this
In post 415, Joshz wrote:If jackel and human were both scum I highly doubt they'd buddy this much day 1. Human is more copying jackel than anything
@Joshz Do you think this is enough to clear Human for now and we maybe take another look at Space?
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #663 (isolation #57) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:45 am

Post by Locust »

I can't see us getting anything useful from Hellfire and as much as I want to agree with you on this Huntress I can't see how Hellfire is not a policy lynch. His play is almost solidly anti town I don't know his feelings on the majority of people here and I am now struggling to see the value on not taking a punt on him as scum today. Yes we probably loose someone overnight and this time it probably will be me. However he is attracting town votes and attention if he isn't scum he is still causing problems being alive.

Joshz has been aggressive, but he has had an aggressive play style from the start. It doesn't appeal to me, but I still believe he is town.

Space I am still not sure on.

However for today I am struggling to see past Hellfire.

@Hellfire I am reluctant to put you on L-1 while you are away I will be looking for something substantial on Monday or my vote will be on you.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #683 (isolation #58) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:56 am

Post by Locust »

Yay Hellfire you are doing things.

However I am not sure what it is you are doing so clear it up for me exactly why do you think Human might be scum?

At the moment I am still feeling you for todays lynch. Human has been pretty pro town in their play and has been one of the few active scum hunters. Yes I have had Human on my maybe lynch list, but I have my reasons for thinking Human and Joshz are town. This leaves me in an awkward position where I am having to choose between Space, Hellfire and Howard for today's lynch and I am leaning towards Hellfire because the rest are giving me more content to go on as we move into day 3. Basically I feel that your lynch is probably the best option for today. I will check back in later if you can give me a better reason to vote Howard or Space I will be interested to hear it.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #687 (isolation #59) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:31 am

Post by Locust »

Human why Space I get Howard seems to be playing his cards close to his chest. I would be very very reluctant if we went after him today, but what is making you say space over Hellfire today?

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”