Newbie 1795 | Summer | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Cero68
Cero68
Townie
Cero68
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Sun May 07, 2017 7:33 am

Post by Cero68 »

Second :)
Cero68
Cero68
Townie
Cero68
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Sun May 07, 2017 7:56 am

Post by Cero68 »

That escalated quickly.
Cero68
Cero68
Townie
Cero68
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (isolation #2) » Sun May 07, 2017 8:01 am

Post by Cero68 »

Why not I suppose.
VOTE: jjh927

I hope I did that right.
Cero68
Cero68
Townie
Cero68
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (isolation #3) » Sun May 07, 2017 10:38 am

Post by Cero68 »

Well this is over my head, guess I have some studying to do.
Cero68
Cero68
Townie
Cero68
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (isolation #4) » Sun May 07, 2017 10:55 am

Post by Cero68 »

Hey Guys what does L-1 and RVS mean?
Cero68
Cero68
Townie
Cero68
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (isolation #5) » Sun May 07, 2017 11:13 am

Post by Cero68 »

Oh I see, thanks for that I really appreciate it.
Cero68
Cero68
Townie
Cero68
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (isolation #6) » Sun May 07, 2017 4:05 pm

Post by Cero68 »

Hello Everyone,

It seems like people got busy while I was gone.

So to answer Cece, the reason I decided to ask the forum instead of just looking it up was more more time reasons. I was at work and unfortunately I got a bit of a rush so I figured I would just ask. Since this is a newbie game I figured it be okay, but I can see your logic there. (also thank you Papa Zito for the link, really saves me the hastle :) )
Cero68
Cero68
Townie
Cero68
Townie
Townie

Post Post #69 (isolation #7) » Sun May 07, 2017 4:14 pm

Post by Cero68 »

Also to I just read the part about why vote for it, I thought he might have some sort of plan and it was safe enough to see what it would be.
Cero68
Cero68
Townie
Cero68
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (isolation #8) » Sun May 07, 2017 4:18 pm

Post by Cero68 »

No problems Cece, I really didn't mind I come from playing resistance with my friends so I expect this would be a more intense experience so don't trip.
Cero68
Cero68
Townie
Cero68
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (isolation #9) » Sun May 07, 2017 4:20 pm

Post by Cero68 »

Not really, i thought we can change votes later when it gets more information from the post.
Cero68
Cero68
Townie
Cero68
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (isolation #10) » Sun May 07, 2017 4:35 pm

Post by Cero68 »

To be fair I still have any gut reads yet. I would like to see more post. Also sorry for the delayed post I'm in the middle of something. :)
Cero68
Cero68
Townie
Cero68
Townie
Townie

Post Post #78 (isolation #11) » Sun May 07, 2017 6:18 pm

Post by Cero68 »

Alright so I want to change my vote to "start the ball rolling":

UNVOTE: jjh927
VOTE: cinderella
Cero68
Cero68
Townie
Cero68
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (isolation #12) » Mon May 08, 2017 3:04 am

Post by Cero68 »

I didn't see them post anything and to be honest I still feel like I'm grasping at straws at this point in the game. Also from my resistance experience I don't really like those who stay quite (but yet again this is mafia so that logic might not transfer over exactly).
Cero68
Cero68
Townie
Cero68
Townie
Townie

Post Post #83 (isolation #13) » Mon May 08, 2017 9:32 am

Post by Cero68 »

I wanted to get a feel for the other not so active players. Mind you it is just the second day that this game started, but more information is better.
Cero68
Cero68
Townie
Cero68
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (isolation #14) » Mon May 08, 2017 11:41 am

Post by Cero68 »

It's a game similar to mafia that has two factions. The difference is that no one dies throughout the game. Sorry to bring it up, it's just my reference for how people play. Like I mention it's not a 1-to-1 comparison, but I'm trying to learn how to be better in both games. Sorry to anyone who might have been getting a little confused by what I meant. (By the way I really am trying to be a better player so all feedback and questioning is welcomed.)
Cero68
Cero68
Townie
Cero68
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (isolation #15) » Mon May 08, 2017 12:18 pm

Post by Cero68 »

Cinderella is getting replaced? Did that get announced somewhere?
Cero68
Cero68
Townie
Cero68
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (isolation #16) » Tue May 09, 2017 5:56 pm

Post by Cero68 »

Hey Guys,

(*Out of Game* I'm going to be a bit busy the next couple of days so I'm posting right not to not get prodded as being inactive. That being said I will try to post on Thursday so if anything is directed towards me I will respond back then. I wanted to make sure to give you guys warning. )

On that note I'll do this for the moment:
UNVOTE: cinderella

Reason: This person might not even be playing and it would be weird if I kept a vote on them. Not voting on anyone else yet until Thursday when I have more time to read the post and come to my own conclusions.

Thanks everyone,
Cero68
Cero68
Townie
Cero68
Townie
Townie

Post Post #187 (isolation #17) » Fri May 12, 2017 5:48 am

Post by Cero68 »

Hey Everyone,

Finished reading the last couple of days of post. And here are some of my thoughts:

I'm a little wary of tchill13 since it seems to me from his post that he keeps changing his vote whenever there is a new argument presented for one of the other players. This only makes me suspicious because it seems that he might be trying to gain trust in jumping in bandwagons, but that only makes me suspicious of his actions.

On that note, I feel like Not_Mafia's last post are really strange. I don't see what's the problem with having an alt account since from what I read on the wiki it's encourage a bit for players to create one if it's not used in shifty ways so why keep calling it out. Also on that note who cares since we are still playing the game and it doesn't affect the game state besides trying shift peoples perceptions of how that person will play. There might be a reason for these kinds of post especially if he's an SE and I would hope he would have developed more as a player due to his experience. Papa Zito posted that he has his own play style and Not_Mafia might be doing something similar, but his actions with Cece makes me think he's scum. So...

VOTE: Not_Mafia

In post 134, Papa Zito wrote:
In post 130, Cero68 wrote: That said I still don't understand why you didn't join jj instead of just flat unvoting. If you're attempting to pressure lurkers into posting why not help him with someone who has checked in vs leaving your vote completely off?
Also to answer Papa Zito's question on this post, I'm not completely sure what I get from you. Of course I'm not thrilled with getting immediately voted by you right away, but I feel like your trying to get the ball rolling and are analyzing reactions and responses from others. I can't really say you lean scum since the only real thing you've done is voted for me and watched people from there. Point is that it's early and none of your actions actually justify a vote at this stage.
Cero68
Cero68
Townie
Cero68
Townie
Townie

Post Post #247 (isolation #18) » Sun May 14, 2017 5:09 am

Post by Cero68 »

Just to confirming that I'm not BP.
Cero68
Cero68
Townie
Cero68
Townie
Townie

Post Post #482 (isolation #19) » Fri May 19, 2017 5:21 am

Post by Cero68 »

Hey Everyone,

Sorry for not posting, busy week for me. I just read through the thread since we went into night. I just want to say that town votes would be considered hard data, but it should be analyzed in conjunction with the soft data from the rest of the game. From my reading this morning it seems that this might be why Zito's commentary might be sounding off since he doesn't seem to be incorporating the soft data as much as the group might like. Not trying to defend anyone here, but we should try to analyze the data at the time.

Also Zito, I know you keep bringing up the fact that you don't have to play the way people believe you should play as the IC, but from my perspective it comes with the job. The fact that you are an IC means you hold more sway than most and that your moves mean more than most. You are the role model to new players which makes it a type of PR in a way. That being said it's really off putting when you tell the group what is essentially f u I play the way I want, you need to figure out why. I'm not trying to tell you what to do, but we have to be very cautious if you are scum since you would hold more power than if you were playing in a regular game.

I want to read Cece's updated argument on Zito before I vote.
Cero68
Cero68
Townie
Cero68
Townie
Townie

Post Post #484 (isolation #20) » Fri May 19, 2017 5:27 am

Post by Cero68 »

Also Arnold, I just read your post about me not posting, your right. I hope to start posting a little more starting this weekend.
Cero68
Cero68
Townie
Cero68
Townie
Townie

Post Post #485 (isolation #21) » Fri May 19, 2017 5:38 am

Post by Cero68 »

So I'm a little worried about Zito, because he seems to be targeted right now because of his approaches to his arguments. Honestly its generally my policy to worry about everyone except for confirmed towns like tchill. I'm trying to analyze is what advantages do scum have from killing Zito? I ask because this isn't a simple yes he's scum case and we need to be able to think what scum would like to happen since they are placed in a hard place. There is only 1 scum left so my gut tells me they want the town to hone in on someone who isn't them. I guess the way Zito isn't too bothered by his current situation makes me wonder.

As for Cece, I'm not to sure to be honest. Zito did add her to his townlist early on day 2, which was made with information he had at the time. If she is scum why challenge him to the point of adding him to L-1?

But just some of my thoughts at the moment.
Also I'll be heading out for work around 10:30, so if anything please ask me more before I have to go. Thanks.
Cero68
Cero68
Townie
Cero68
Townie
Townie

Post Post #486 (isolation #22) » Fri May 19, 2017 5:39 am

Post by Cero68 »

Arnold I just noticed you asked jj not me lol.
Cero68
Cero68
Townie
Cero68
Townie
Townie

Post Post #488 (isolation #23) » Fri May 19, 2017 5:47 am

Post by Cero68 »

Thanks Arnold. I'm not really afraid of posting my opinions, I want to make sure I post something that I feel will get us something.
Cero68
Cero68
Townie
Cero68
Townie
Townie

Post Post #526 (isolation #24) » Sun May 21, 2017 7:55 am

Post by Cero68 »

Hey Everyone,

Arnold what exactly is your reasoning for voting for Zito?

I get a similar vibe to jj in thinking that Zito might be a mislynch so I would really like to understand what your seeing from your point of view.
Cero68
Cero68
Townie
Cero68
Townie
Townie

Post Post #528 (isolation #25) » Sun May 21, 2017 8:02 am

Post by Cero68 »

Tchill I get that same feeling from his post. At least from what I read it seems that he's judging motives more than hard moves due to the way he's argued when we began. Mind you that could be completely off since that might be due to time issues or something and we might be viewing it incorrectly.
Cero68
Cero68
Townie
Cero68
Townie
Townie

Post Post #531 (isolation #26) » Sun May 21, 2017 8:17 am

Post by Cero68 »

The problem I have with this reasoning was that he was just giving his analysis from the lynch and night kill right? Wasn't that just a breakdown of what he felt the data was saying. Now regardless of how he interpreted the data, what has he done since then to help tilt your vote towards him. The vote data only gets you so far, what has he said from that point onward that makes him a lock for you?
Cero68
Cero68
Townie
Cero68
Townie
Townie

Post Post #571 (isolation #27) » Mon May 22, 2017 4:49 pm

Post by Cero68 »

Well here we go:

Post 13: It was a a attempt at humor since the game just started. Mind you I don't really ever post on forums in general until now so it is quite clunky ill admit.

Post 69: It was a RVS and jj just asked to get voted on so I wanted to see what the play was there. Mind you it's rvs but I had no expectations of what would happen, but I figured he wouldn't actually vote himself off then.

Post 83: You can read it as deflecting, but I was just trying to get other people talking. Of course my choice wasn't great since Cinderella never played, but I was just trying to engage in some way. By this point most of my interactions are responses to the vote I first made. So yeah I try to deflect a little to try to actually post something that wasn't so defensive.

Post 187: The reason I felt that switching votes that often was suspicious is because from my experiences in other games people can gain favor if they go calling everyone else out as a type of disguise. Of course now that I know he's a cop then that point is mute and the logic doesn't follow. Also at that point in the game it wouldn't matter who I voted for since I had no one's ear anyway so I voted for a person who looked suspicious to me at the time.

In addition, to Tchill the reason I ask for the topics around the time I post is due to the fact that I'm only reading things when I can and reacting to them. I picked an unfortunate time to start playing so it's on me, but yeah I choose not to go through every single post as much as I would like to. There are other priorities that we attend to, and school + work makes me just want to go through it when I feel like it. Not trying to sound like I'm justifying lurking, but that's my situation and how I prioritize things.

I'll end with this: VOTE: Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Cero68
Cero68
Townie
Cero68
Townie
Townie

Post Post #573 (isolation #28) » Mon May 22, 2017 5:08 pm

Post by Cero68 »

My main reason was his argument against Zito due to my reads on Zito. I feel like he wants him lynched so that he can get two people out that may cause problems later. Tchill is probably going to die since he's a power role and it would eliminate one more known townie. And like I mentioned in another post Zito is a pseudo PR as the IC, so if the fykus kill was a legit kill, then they will most likely want to get rid of the power roles. The last reason I choose him is of the way he didn't really give anymore soft data when I asked to clarify his position on Zito yesterday. It's just my gut feeling from this point of view that I hopefully verbalized correctly.
Cero68
Cero68
Townie
Cero68
Townie
Townie

Post Post #575 (isolation #29) » Mon May 22, 2017 5:24 pm

Post by Cero68 »

Hey Kawl,

I'll assume your question is directed at me because it doesn't make sense to me if it isn't.

I don't know when he decided to fake claim BP, but it was obviously early in the BP strategy or maybe sometime after it was brought up. I'm not too sure about the logistics, but is there some sort of counter strategy to it that involves calling. I thought it was kind of strange after we lynched him.

(Also a quick question, does the BP/not BP thing work in regular games?)
Cero68
Cero68
Townie
Cero68
Townie
Townie

Post Post #579 (isolation #30) » Mon May 22, 2017 6:13 pm

Post by Cero68 »

The order of the post. It just made sense that it was directed at me since that's how I read it.
Cero68
Cero68
Townie
Cero68
Townie
Townie

Post Post #680 (isolation #31) » Thu May 25, 2017 6:04 am

Post by Cero68 »

Hey guys just saw the prod, I will make a longer post a later tonight. I just want to post so I don't get replaced. :)

(P.s. Thanks Zito for the tutorial on that last page, it should make things easier!)
Cero68
Cero68
Townie
Cero68
Townie
Townie

Post Post #697 (isolation #32) » Mon May 29, 2017 4:47 pm

Post by Cero68 »

Hey Everyone,

JJ I have to ask but do you really think that someone not posting before the lynch can't night kill? I'm taking that comment more like a dumb joke or something since that makes no sense to me otherwise.

Now for Kawl it seems that people jumped on him because he was being somewhat defensive about that comment he made about Zito. That seems to have gotten him into hot water. Also before you mentioned it on your post I thought tchill hammered him on purpose. That being said it would have been a dumb move since there isn't much to learn from that and what you said made complete sense.

I still don't feel good about Arnold which is mostly due to his defeatist attitude in day 2. I'm just saying, but if your town that's the one thing you can be sure of, so throwing in the towel seems suspicious to me. You are trying to play to win so why not go down swinging if that's the case. At the very least it gives the town more info if you do die and if you don't you can guide the town to a better decision. I know you can get frustrated if it seems the town is turning on you, but that's one of the mechanics of the game.

Also since I still have the feeling: VOTE: Arnold Schwarzenegger
Cero68
Cero68
Townie
Cero68
Townie
Townie

Post Post #699 (isolation #33) » Mon May 29, 2017 5:40 pm

Post by Cero68 »

Are you referring to #691? Just to be clear.
Cero68
Cero68
Townie
Cero68
Townie
Townie

Post Post #702 (isolation #34) » Mon May 29, 2017 5:55 pm

Post by Cero68 »

You keep asking about kawl, what exactly are you asking about? You asked already and I told you what I thought did him in. Also for Arnold I'm mostly going by my gut that I had last round. Kawl's death only proved that he was town and as expected Tchill died. I still don't get a good vibe off of Arnold, but of course that like everything else can change.

That scum doesn't want to get lynch comment isn't wrong, but it isn't necessarily right all of the time. I voted for him mostly off of gut since besides the vote data, soft data is all conjecture from my point of view and should be taken with a grain of salt.
Cero68
Cero68
Townie
Cero68
Townie
Townie

Post Post #704 (isolation #35) » Mon May 29, 2017 6:23 pm

Post by Cero68 »

Because I was in class. I said in my post I would post later on and next thing I know he gets hammered. I'm not saying I was useful in the vote, but I didn't think he would die before the day ended there. And like I said it seems that once Zito stated he was being defensive people started to hop on the wagon. Also I don't think kawl thought he would die so quickly at that point and he seemed to not have made his points very well. That as simple as I saw thing, also I felt that Arnold was scummier than kawl at that point. At this point I also find Zito a little more scummy since it does look like he was the pivot for kawl's death, mind you he was pushing for that the entire day.
Cero68
Cero68
Townie
Cero68
Townie
Townie

Post Post #707 (isolation #36) » Mon May 29, 2017 7:24 pm

Post by Cero68 »

JJ- no at that point I still wouldn't have voted for Kawl since I wouldn't want to hammer him or get him to L-1 quite yet. I like to see how people react so I would have stuck to my Arnold vote. I hope this clears things up. And also I was busy these last couple of weeks so I try to chime in when I can.
Cero68
Cero68
Townie
Cero68
Townie
Townie

Post Post #724 (isolation #37) » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:20 pm

Post by Cero68 »

Hello Everyone,

I've decided to get replaced out. I don't feel like I have much time to contribute and you deserve a more active player at this point.

Good luck Everyone.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”