Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Draynth »

VOTE: BlueGenie
I've never seen Aladdin so I dunno if the genie in that is a good guy or not
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Brand New, Improved, Totally Awesome GTKAS
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:36 pm

Post by Draynth »

In post 11, BlueGenie wrote: It can't be me 'cos what harm can an inexperienced, innocent newbie cause?
This feels like a setup for a potential 'newbie mistake' later in the game, maybe I'm just cynical
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:32 am

Post by Draynth »

Well I guess those 2 are going to be replaced.
@Huntress, do you agree or disagree with ?

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:33 am

Post by Draynth »

Oh wait they have until tomorrow, I'm dumb

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (isolation #4) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:44 pm

Post by Draynth »

In post 19, Huntress wrote:
In post 16, Draynth wrote:Well I guess those 2 are going to be replaced.
@Huntress, do you agree or disagree with ?
As I indicated in , by using the IGMEOU emote, it's a wait and see thing.

Yes, the missing newbies will likely be replaced as they haven't been back to the site since they first signed up.
Oh right, I think I got confused when you used the emoji but then said you liked the post, I understand what you meant now

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (isolation #5) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:45 pm

Post by Draynth »

In post 20, Huntress wrote:Main thing to remember with quotes is to just quote the part of the post you are replying to. Don't quote the whole post unless it's all relevant. If you highlight the part of the text you want, then press quote, it'll only quote that part.
I've been on MS for over 2 years and just now learnt that is a thing, holy crap

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (isolation #6) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:21 am

Post by Draynth »

Loving the gif in the VC
@Mod

welcome to the other 2 players

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (isolation #7) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:48 pm

Post by Draynth »

@Charles
Any serious / semi-serious thoughts?

@Pyra
Yeah but it's RVS so why not. In your opinion, does putting someone at L-1 (or close to it) in RVS yield anything?

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (isolation #8) » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:48 am

Post by Draynth »

You can use either of these

Code: Select all

[unvote]*Name*[/unvote]
[uv]*Name*[/uv]

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (isolation #9) » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:49 am

Post by Draynth »

Similarly, to vote, you can use

Code: Select all

[v]*Name*[/v]
[vote]*Name*[/vote]

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (isolation #10) » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:52 am

Post by Draynth »

Hey, we were all newbies at some point!

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (isolation #11) » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:03 pm

Post by Draynth »

In post 47, Voctus wrote:
In post 46, Huntress wrote: What's your analysis of the voting so far?
BlueGenie wagon:

With only 5 to lynch, the 3rd vote to me seems to be where people bring in the real pressure (and 4th is a legitimate threat). I'm not sure if it's normal to go that far in RSV but when bubblecube joined the BlueGenie wagon it felt excessive, and she backed off again for essentially no reason:
By 'real pressure', do you mean that it's getting to the point where someone might be lynched?
Also, in my experience, it's not unusual for a wagon to get to L-1 in RVS. Provided noone get's quickhammered during it, I think it provides valuable information about those on the wagon and the person being wagoned.
In post 18, bubblecube wrote:
In post 11, BlueGenie wrote: It can't be me 'cos what harm can an inexperienced, innocent newbie cause?
I relate to this post a bit too much
Unvote: BlueGenie
So I find that kinda odd.
Does 'odd' make you think that bubblecube is town, or scum?
My own wagon:

Seems pretty straightforward for Huntress (I was self-voting) as either town or early game "helpful" scum so I don't have a read yet. BlueGenie went with Huntress against me possibly to build up another wagon and take off pressure from BG's own wagon. That action in itself isn't inherently scummy though, town doesn't want to get lynched and there was literally no case against BG so to me that reads neutral.

bubblecube wagon:

Pyra was muddying the waters a bit with the third wagon an I'm not sure what the value was in it without an explanation, and later said it was to "open it up" which is hard to read at this time. I joined in because I wanted to see bubblecube defend her BlueGenie vote, but as discussed above bubblecube backed down. I jumped off of bubblecube so I could point at Charles II and back it with a vote but that doesn't mean I'm not still suspicious.

Charles II:

I'm the only one on this one so far and maybe he's just newb-ing around or maybe he's poorly disguised scum.
I like this post, you're putting thought into the reasoning behind player's actions, which to me is a town tell.

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (isolation #12) » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:01 am

Post by Draynth »

Welcome Ciara

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (isolation #13) » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:18 pm

Post by Draynth »

Try pressing preview

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (isolation #14) » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:50 pm

Post by Draynth »

@Voctus
See the first two parts of

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (isolation #15) » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:57 pm

Post by Draynth »

In post 65, Charles II wrote: I have good reason to vote Voctus. He's a big meanie. A
Is that reason OMGUS or are you seeing something else?
In post 66, Charles II wrote:Made a typo, but I'm being overly defensive because I find it frustrating that Voctus is voting me, a town. As I said before there's so many other people here that he could've voted for but he votes me. Which is counterproductive. He really should be more careful about who he's voting. I'm willing to unvote if he unvotes me however.
There isn't really any benefit to getting frustrated, particularly this early in the game. The easiest way for you to win the game as town is to A)Find Scum or B)Show everyone that you are town (primarily by doing A) so they don't need to spend time looking into you.
The thought process of 'Why are you voting me, stop voting me, I'm town, go find scum' (or something similar) isn't helpful either

If you are town, as Ciara said, then prove it! Examine the posts so far and think about them critically. Does this post make me think this person is Town, or scum? Why does it make you think that? Is there any specific reason that this person would post this as either alignment? This is the mindset you should have when trying to find scum.

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (isolation #16) » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:57 pm

Post by Draynth »

Also, Gerald is obvtown

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (isolation #17) » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:58 pm

Post by Draynth »

Geralt*, sorry

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (isolation #18) » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:18 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 82, bubblecube wrote:also can someone explain what IGMEOY means? apologies since I don't know the meaning of a lot of the slang here
It means 'I've got my eye on you', similar to FOS meaning 'Finger of suspicion'

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (isolation #19) » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:19 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 81, bubblecube wrote: Sorry for being useless/having no reads but I still don't think everyone has posted enough for me to really read them.
I wouldn't worry too much about not having reads on people yet, it's still quite early. Look through the posts and ask questions about any that don't sit right or you need to clarify, this will help greatly in finding out the motives behind people's actions.

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (isolation #20) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:32 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 86, Geralt of Rivia wrote:With BlueGenie being replaced, that eliminates him from my list of scummies, the slot he was playing might be scum but this early, it's a shot in the dark.
why is the slot removed from your scum reads?

I agree with the rest of , I just didn't want to quote the whole thing just to say I agree with it.

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (isolation #21) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:06 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 92, Geralt of Rivia wrote:
In post 90, Draynth wrote:
In post 86, Geralt of Rivia wrote:With BlueGenie being replaced, that eliminates him from my list of scummies, the slot he was playing might be scum but this early, it's a shot in the dark.
why is the slot removed from your scum reads?

I agree with the rest of , I just didn't want to quote the whole thing just to say I agree with it.
Pretty much for the exact reason I stated that you quoted. I'm going to have to wait and see what his replacement does. It's too early to get a decent read with only one post. So Bg's slot goes from scum read to neutral until his replacement shows up and posts, which will help formulate a new read.
That doesn't explain why you specifically think that the slot needing a replacement leads you to believe it might not be scum though
why is it more likely in your mind that town!BlueGenie is being replaced as opposed to scum!BlueGenie

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (isolation #22) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:25 am

Post by Draynth »

You see that's my point, my initial impression of your post was that you were townreading the slot for being replaced, but I now understand that it's more the case that you are just 'starting again' with your read on the slot (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (isolation #23) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:19 am

Post by Draynth »

VOTE: Unvote

@Huntress

What specifically makes you think Pyra is scum?

Also welcome TheGreatLakes, what are your thoughts on the game so far?

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (isolation #24) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:17 pm

Post by Draynth »

@Huntress this is what I noticed
In post 30, Pyra wrote: @Huntress, I saw no reason for me to vote the other two based solely upon the fact that they already had votes on them (genie didn't even talk yet lol). Plus, correct me if I'm wrong here, wouldn't starting a third wagon open it up for everyone else? Having three more established options to vote for just seems like it would be better for gathering some form of information than only having two. It's not like any of the first votes on page 1 have any significant commitment put into them anyways, so I'll probably end up changing my mind later (or not).
Pyra didn't really answer your question of "Why vote Bubblecube rather than Voctus or BlueGenie".
They instead talked about how starting a 3rd wagon isn't necessarily a bad thing to do. Even in RVS it's generally accepted that you should give
some
reason for your 'random vote', the fact that Pyra didn't do so in the original voting post or the follow up post could be a possible interaction to make note of down the line, however I don't think it's anything more than me being pedantic at the moment.

Pyra also says
"I'll probably end up changing my mind later (or not)"
which seems like Pyra could be setting up for a 'Get out of jail free card' type situation, where they can point to this when jumping on/off a wagon.
In post 77, Pyra wrote:(Mfw I almost completely forgot about this game)
As a response to whoever asked me about whether it was useful to get someone to L-1 in RVS (too lazy to find a quote), I just don't think it's likely that anyone will give a useful reaction to being at L-1 through votes that they know are there for almost no reason.
I just realised I never responded to this post.
The thing is, in my opinion scum and town players will have very different reactions to being put to L-1 in RVS, even if they are there for 'no reason'. Scum will probably be much more panicky and eager to shift the votes elsewhere, where as town should almost feel a false sense of security. I think there are subtle differences between these two that can sometimes be seen at the start of the game.
In post 77, Pyra wrote: Other than a typical salty "why me" reaction, scum probably isn't too worried about actually being lynched because no good townie would hammer an RVS wagon if the subject hasn't done anything yet.
Mistakes do happen, and a scum getting accidentally hammered day 1 is much more detrimental to scum than a town getting hammered day 1 is to town (I hope that makes sense. I tend to word things poorly sometimes)

The rest of Pyra's posts are mostly fluff / game theory stuff.

Most of this is wild speculation or me disagreeing with Pyra's reasoning about the whole L-1 RVS stuff, which ultimately isn't really Alignment Indicative since the former is speculation and the latter doesn't mean Pyra is scum (Wrong (from my POV) /= scum)

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (isolation #25) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:18 pm

Post by Draynth »

In post 110, Geralt of Rivia wrote:Welcome!

Is this your very first game or have you played elsewhere before?

If this is your first game ever, be sure not to reveal anything about your Role PM or anything Bins sent you
. FEel free to ask questions if you aren't familiar with what goes on.
What made you say this? (Bolded)

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (isolation #26) » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:38 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 120, Geralt of Rivia wrote:
In post 119, Draynth wrote:
In post 110, Geralt of Rivia wrote:Welcome!

Is this your very first game or have you played elsewhere before?

If this is your first game ever, be sure not to reveal anything about your Role PM or anything Bins sent you
. FEel free to ask questions if you aren't familiar with what goes on.
What made you say this? (Bolded)

I know him IRL from work, and suggested that he might replace in. I was making sure that kept his role to himself and that he wouldn't reveal anything.
Hmm ok, at first glance it looks like you (potentially) warning a scum buddy not to say anything incriminating.
It seems far more natural if you are indeed friends from work

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (isolation #27) » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:24 pm

Post by Draynth »

In post 127, Huntress wrote:Hi warng!

@ Draynth:
You said quite a bit in about what was in Pyra's posts, but what about what was missing from them?
Any semblance of scumhunting for one thing

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (isolation #28) » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:25 pm

Post by Draynth »

Hmm, that combined with the fluff / theory discussion now has me leaning scum on the Pyra slot.

VOTE: Pyra

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (isolation #29) » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:26 pm

Post by Draynth »

I look forward to warng's thoughts on the game so far

@Voctus

You've been a bit quiet, why is that?

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (isolation #30) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:00 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 132, Voctus wrote:
In post 130, Draynth wrote:
@Voctus

Work trip turned into travel hell due to a hail storm in Chicago. Will post real content tonight.
That's fair enough, take your time.
In post 133, The Great Lakes wrote:Warng is definitely scum. Trying to play it safe by using outdated guides and not actually trying to solve the game
what?
In post 134, Geralt of Rivia wrote:
In post 132, Voctus wrote:
In post 130, Draynth wrote:
@Voctus

Work trip turned into travel hell due to a hail storm in Chicago. Will post real content tonight.

A hailstorm in Chicago?

When was this?
If he says there was one there was one, it's not our place to question it.
The only thing we can do is wait for content and deal with that.

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (isolation #31) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:01 pm

Post by Draynth »

Happy scumday Bins

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (isolation #32) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:00 pm

Post by Draynth »

So I've spoilered this purely so that it doesn't look like a massive wall, even though it's not actually that long (The slot only has
posts over 11 days.)

Spoiler: BlueGenie / The Great Lakes
In post 11, BlueGenie wrote:OMG! So many votes against an innocent Genie :(
Well, you didn't watch Aladdin.. not my fault! But guess what, I haven't seen it either :D
It can't be me 'cos what harm can an inexperienced, innocent newbie cause? Moreover I chose
Genie
before the roles were even assigned. So no reason to vote against me. :]
Voctus voting for self.. now that's something fishy.. I'm gonna VOTE: Voctus
This post really bothered me towards the start of the day. It seems like BG was trying
very
hard to let people know that he was just an 'innocent newbie'
In post 106, The Great Lakes wrote:Hello! Even though I couldn't post I read everything so expect some stuff soon.
Opening post after replacing in
In post 107, The Great Lakes wrote:Huntress was your Voctus vote serious or random?
TGL asks a question here and doesn't do anything with the answer provided, not that it was particularly meaningful either way
In post 108, The Great Lakes wrote:VOTE: Charles

Bubble and voctus looking town.
I'll give him a pass on the Charles vote here since he was being pretty anti-town in his posts
It does, however, bother me that he doesn't supply any reasoning for bubble and voctus 'looking town'
In post 133, The Great Lakes wrote:
Warng is definitely scum.
Trying to play it safe by using outdated guides and not actually trying to solve the game
The bolded really bothers me. The only way you can be
definitely
be sure that someone is either alignment is if you are the informed minority, ie. scum.

This slot in general has provided little to no content (All of the posts are quoted above), and is only posting to avoid getting prods.
That, combined with the last point, has me thinking that it's scum.

VOTE: The Great Lakes

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (isolation #33) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:09 pm

Post by Draynth »

Hmm, I said I'd give him a pass on the Charles vote but actually it seems quite opportunistic.
He jumps on the wagon without mentioning Charles once (I would expect
something
, even if just 'X is scum', although that's not much better)
I think he was trying to buy some free, early Towncred with the vote

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (isolation #34) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:10 pm

Post by Draynth »

In post 149, bubblecube wrote:okay i just realized that warng is the replacement for charles and that's why he has 3 votes on him. with the day deadline coming close, i don't necessarily want to just quickvote warng since i don't have much of a read on his one post, but i don't really want to let the day end in a no lynch.

@people voting warng, what is your reasoning for voting him? is it just to avoid a nl or do you have genuine suspicions off of his/charles behavior?
What do you think of the BlueGenie / TheGreatLakes slot?

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (isolation #35) » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:21 am

Post by Draynth »

Or you're scum and just lying

Nice to see that you've decided to give some more content anyway

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (isolation #36) » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:48 pm

Post by Draynth »

That is L-1, do not hammer without claiming intent

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (isolation #37) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:22 am

Post by Draynth »

Sorry for the inactivity, been quite busy.
In post 165, Huntress wrote:
In post 150, Draynth wrote:It does, however, bother me that he doesn't supply any reasoning for bubble and voctus 'looking town'
I don't think anyone asked him to, did they? If you really wanted to know you would have asked TGL yourself.
Yep, I could have. But, I think it's noteworthy that he had to be asked. I completely agree that there are times when withholding reasoning is perfectly valid and the correct thing to do, I just don't see how that could be the case here.
In post 150, Draynth wrote:This slot in general has provided little to no content (All of the posts are quoted above), and is only posting to avoid getting prods.
Only one of those posts, , looks like a prod dodge, so to say TGL is only posting to avoid prods is disingenuous. He has only been in the thread for four days.
In four days he posted 4 times. One of these was a prod dodge, the other 3 contained little to no actual content. They may aswell have been prod dodges.
In post 153, The Great Lakes wrote:Draynth are you saying I'm bussing my partner right now? Because if I know that he's scum, and I'm scum, then I'm voting my partner, right?
Good point.
I think you're both missing the point I was trying to make.
As town, it is
literally impossible
to know that someone is
definitely
scum or
definitely
town. After all, town are the uninformed minority (I'm ignoring something like a cop being present since it's day 1).
I wasn't trying to say that TGL knew that warng was scum as much as he knew his alignment.
Does that make sense?
In post 189, bubblecube wrote:I kind of see where the people who are voting him are coming from, but personally I wouldn't consider just that to be enough for lynching him. I am aware that the deadline is approaching, so would I be correct in assuming that most of you are implying that lynching a slightly scummy slot is better than no lynching?
Yes. A nolynch is stasticially proven to be more beneficial to scum than town on day 1.

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (isolation #38) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:15 pm

Post by Draynth »

In post 184, Pyra wrote:
In post 133, The Great Lakes wrote:Warng is definitely scum. Trying to play it safe by using outdated guides and not actually trying to solve the game
It's a bit odd to call someone out for using guides when they're probably new to the game and should be using guides to learn more (and using guides in general as a reason to be scumread is a stretch as well). I'm not even sure that warng cited guides in his own posts (maybe his reasoning was recognizable?). 163 and 172 look like TGL is backtracking by explaining his reasoning as a personal belief after some people objected to his scumread, although these two posts don't really seem to be that important to me alignment-wise. I will say that 172 is just really out of place in a newbie game though.

Geralt brings up an interesting point in 167 that TGL could be bussing warng for towncred (bussing a newbie scum partner D1 is just mean lol) and if you look at TGL's posts taking an intention to bus into consideration, it looks like the whole "you're scum because you use guides" is a cheapshot that would work if people were inclined to believe that sort of thing (again, not sure why you would use that logic in a newbie game, though). However, the possibility of TGL bussing also suggests that warng is scum, and right now I don't think he is (Geralt also says that he's only guessing when it comes to this point anyways).
You say that you found TGL 'odd', does that mean you were scumreading him at the time? If so, why didn't you vote for him?
This post reads as very fence sitty to me.

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (isolation #39) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:17 am

Post by Draynth »

It's so quiet :/
I'm still waiting on an answer from Pyra, but I have a question for everyone while I wait.
what to people make of the Huntress nightkill? Do you think it's more likely that a newbie or an experienced player would kill the IC?

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (isolation #40) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:07 pm

Post by Draynth »

In post 203, Pyra wrote:@Drayanth No. That's exactly why I didn't specifically say that I was scumreading him. If I was scumreading him I would have used the word.
Then what did you mean by odd? You clearly didn't townread him for it, and now you say you didn't scumread him for it.
In post 203, Pyra wrote: Also I don't think that we should discount the possibility that there could be both an experienced player and a newbie on the scumteam. Your last post kind of makes it seem like one or the other. I think there would be different reasons for both to do so. Assuming a newbie scum is completely new to the game, they could just have killed the IC because they seemed to be the most experienced town player. I think only a newbie scum would have killed Huntress with the only reason being that they were the IC. An experienced player could have made the kill for any number of reasons.
I wasn't trying to suggest that, apologies if it was read that way.
Good point nonetheless
In post 203, Pyra wrote: On a side note, should we all BP claim? I know that it's usually a decent strategy for town, but I'm not sure if it would help town as much as it normally would now on Day 2. Since two VTs have died, it might help scum more than it would town at this point.
Hmm, I don't really know to be honest.
The main reasoning behind the strategy is so that scum can't claim BP later in the game, since we haven't lost a PR yet we
could
still do it? I'd like to hear other people's thoughts on it.
In post 205, Geralt of Rivia wrote:Draynth:

I think he might have offed Huntress during the night or atleast have been mafia and involved in the decision. Especially since Huntress was pinging him as scum yesterday.
If I was scum wouldn't I want to avoid this exact thing since it just implicates me? It's WIFOM and literally impossible to work out. As town, I don't really care about someone scumreading me unless it get's to the point where they are tunnelling and not thinking about the game as a whole.
In post 205, Geralt of Rivia wrote: Another point on Draynth:

How would he know I was ObvTown (post 72?) it was day one. Only one to know for sure is scum.
Also, he said TownBlueGenie earlier in game(post 95), again, how does he know unless he is scum.
It seems incredibly unlikely that came from scum!Geralt
I said town!BlueGenie because you moved the slot to your neutral reads because it was being replaced, ie. you no longer believed scum!BlueGenie to be a concern. I get where you're coming from thought

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (isolation #41) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:09 pm

Post by Draynth »

@Ciara24 & @warng1286

Both of you have been very quiet, what are your thoughts at the moment?

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (isolation #42) » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:58 pm

Post by Draynth »

The BP claim strategy is pretty much universally a good thing to do (Most of the time), since it prevents scum from being able to claim BP down the line, I'd be happy to do it anyway. What do others think?

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (isolation #43) » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:01 pm

Post by Draynth »

In post 228, Geralt of Rivia wrote:No one has claimed a PR (and from the setup, we don't know if there are any PR's at this point), so the scum were left to a random kill.The fact that it was the IC suggest some sort of strategy,
But if killing the IC was random then how is it a strategy?
Also let's try to limit the discussion around PR's for the moment, the less we talk about it the less chance scum have of picking up on potential tells.

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (isolation #44) » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:30 am

Post by Draynth »

Fair enough

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (isolation #45) » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:35 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 221, Pyra wrote:This game has actually become really quiet now what happened? One quick question though, is it possible that people actually fake v/la's? I was under the impression that they were sort of a serious out of character thing and they were implicitly true.
My stance on them is that they are strictly not mafia related, I think it's just better to give people the benefit of the doubt.
In post 222, bubblecube wrote:and yeah it's gotten way too quiet around here. Would it sstill be alright to lynch here, since we still have a ml today, or would it be better to no lynch?

do we need to do some sort of pr claim or whatever to lead or is it better to just leave pr's hidden

ciara has been awfully quiet and i'm not sure if i missed a post or if this game is just silent.a
A no lynch wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but it's effectively just giving the scum a free kill and unless it's a significant flip then we really wouldn't have a whole lot else to go on. I think that taking a shot at hitting scum is better than nolynching Day 2, particularly because otherwise it means 6 people are alive Day 3, and then it's LYLO so you either have to nolynch again or 100% hit scum which is pretty risky

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (isolation #46) » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:36 am

Post by Draynth »

That last sentence wasn't very concise, let me know if you need me to explain my point a bit better

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (isolation #47) » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:44 am

Post by Draynth »

I want to do
something
to get this game going again, I guess I'll try ISO'ing everyone and do up a readslist to get some content for people to interact with?
Hopefully Voctus's replacement might have some good input when they get here too

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (isolation #48) » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:39 am

Post by Draynth »

welcome LicketyQuickety
Sorry to see you go Geralt :/

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (isolation #49) » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:35 am

Post by Draynth »

Uh
You're replacing Voctus

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (isolation #50) » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:51 am

Post by Draynth »

Good point.
The wagon was... Myself, Ciara24, Geralt, warng and Huntress.
Huntress is dead so that leaves the first four.
I'm very worried about warng right now. Ignoring his predecessor (proved to be a troll account) he hasn't really done a whole lot and has just been lurking. I believe he's been prodded so there's not much we can do at the moment.
Geralt is currently being replaced.
That leaves myself and Ciara for the time being

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (isolation #51) » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:06 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 253, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 252, Draynth wrote:Good point.
I'm very worried about warng right now. Ignoring his predecessor (proved to be a troll account) he hasn't really done a whole lot and has just been lurking. I believe he's been prodded so there's not much we can do at the moment.
I have noticed a pattern in your observations: you tend to look at
possibility
much more than
probability
. IDK if this is AI or not at this point, but I am guessing it is not.

Ciara is my strongest Scum lean atm.
I tend to be somewhat paranoid (This probably isn't exactly the right word for it, it's more that I tend to consider very unlikely scenarios which probably is a negative thing in the long run) but obviously this is biased coming from me so make of it what you will.
what makes you think Ciara is scum?

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (isolation #52) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:01 am

Post by Draynth »

Ty bins
Hi rc

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (isolation #53) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:54 pm

Post by Draynth »

In post 246, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 14, Draynth wrote:
This feels like a setup for a potential 'newbie mistake' later in the game, maybe I'm just cynical
I think you are wrong. People don't really "set up" their plays like that in my experience, even when they are Scum.
Yeah I think I was being overly paranoid here
In post 255, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 254, Draynth wrote:
In post 253, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 252, Draynth wrote:Good point.
I have noticed a pattern in your observations: you tend to look at
possibility
much more than
probability
. IDK if this is AI or not at this point, but I am guessing it is not.

Ciara is my strongest Scum lean atm.
I tend to be somewhat paranoid (This probably isn't exactly the right word for it, it's more that I tend to consider very unlikely scenarios which probably is a negative thing in the long run) but obviously this is biased coming from me so make of it what you will.
what makes you think Ciara is scum?
Their posts, from what I have seen, tend to sidestep certain key elements for this game. The made a stance on TGL who turned out to be Town, but other than that, they have not really been talking about things that are very pertinent to the game in general.
What would you say the key elements are?
I agree with the fact that Ciara seems to be quite withdrawn with her stances on people.
In post 256, Pyra wrote:@LicketyQuickety what do you think about people leaning towards TGL for a lynch based on their statement about using guides? Do you think that was a valid reason to vote (do you think TGL was genuinely scumread by people), was it a cheap shot for scum, were we just running out of time, etc?
What do you think?

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (isolation #54) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:54 pm

Post by Draynth »

Also bye RC

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (isolation #55) » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:42 am

Post by Draynth »

Thanks Bins :)

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (isolation #56) » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:13 am

Post by Draynth »

I'll post tomorrow morning, generally don't have time in the evenings and I was particularly busy tonight

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (isolation #57) » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:06 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 278, fferyllt wrote:
In post 14, Draynth wrote:
I had the opposite impression of BlueGenie's post. This looks like grasping for something negative to say on page 1.

Draynth, why did BlueGenie's post stand out to you compared to bubblecube's?
Isn't everything other than rvs stuff said on early pages grasping?
Because it seemed more forced than bubblecube's
In post 278, fferyllt wrote: Actually with Draynth's next two posts, he appears on high alert. Maybe a playstyle? I played a game with scum-Draynth a long time ago. This feels more reactive than he was in that game. Something to verify.

Aaand on page six he votes Pyra. He definitely layed down a trajectory to that vote.
I mean, Huntress literally asked me what I thought of Pyra at the time. After examining the posts I thought Pyra could be scum so I voted, you make it sound like I had an ulterior motive.
In post 280, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 279, fferyllt wrote:
In post 274, WhemeStar wrote:Nooooooo Ffery replaced in to a scum slot :/
Nope. Sorry to disappoint!

More thoughts on the game?
Voctus is your partner prob
In post 294, WhemeStar wrote:Eh voctus/ LQ town
what changed here?
In post 287, fferyllt wrote:
In post 150, Draynth wrote:So I've spoilered this purely so that it doesn't look like a massive wall, even though it's not actually that long (The slot only has
posts over 11 days.)

Spoiler: BlueGenie / The Great Lakes
In post 11, BlueGenie wrote:OMG! So many votes against an innocent Genie :(
Well, you didn't watch Aladdin.. not my fault! But guess what, I haven't seen it either :D
It can't be me 'cos what harm can an inexperienced, innocent newbie cause? Moreover I chose
Genie
before the roles were even assigned. So no reason to vote against me. :]
Voctus voting for self.. now that's something fishy.. I'm gonna VOTE: Voctus
This post really bothered me towards the start of the day. It seems like BG was trying
very
hard to let people know that he was just an 'innocent newbie'
In post 106, The Great Lakes wrote:Hello! Even though I couldn't post I read everything so expect some stuff soon.
Opening post after replacing in
In post 107, The Great Lakes wrote:Huntress was your Voctus vote serious or random?
TGL asks a question here and doesn't do anything with the answer provided, not that it was particularly meaningful either way
In post 108, The Great Lakes wrote:VOTE: Charles

Bubble and voctus looking town.
I'll give him a pass on the Charles vote here since he was being pretty anti-town in his posts
It does, however, bother me that he doesn't supply any reasoning for bubble and voctus 'looking town'
In post 133, The Great Lakes wrote:
Warng is definitely scum.
Trying to play it safe by using outdated guides and not actually trying to solve the game
The bolded really bothers me. The only way you can be
definitely
be sure that someone is either alignment is if you are the informed minority, ie. scum.

This slot in general has provided little to no content (All of the posts are quoted above), and is only posting to avoid getting prods.
That, combined with the last point, has me thinking that it's scum.

VOTE: The Great Lakes
I disagree with almost everything about this post, but maybe it's mostly because I have the flip to look at. The bit about jumping on someone for reading outdated guides is a decent point, but it comes down to a mindset case off of one statement. One word, really.

Draynth do you play a lot of newbie games?
He had posted 4 times at this point, 3 of those had 0 content. The only content he
had
posted I deemed to be scummy.

I play more newbie's than any other queue, but I don't play a whole lot in general.
In post 287, fferyllt wrote: Huntress' with a Draynth vote is goodposting. I feel like my Draynth read has moved back and forth to some extent based on Ciara's conclusions being similar to his, but on their own, it feels like he's blown up every little thing he can with newer players.
I think this criticism is probably fair

In post 296, WhemeStar wrote:Wait is pyra scum
?
In post 301, Pyra wrote:@Wheme No, I just have a habit of not unvoting. If Bubblecube had a serious wagon on them I would have unvoted so the votes would reflect who actually scumread them, but at that time I just didn't feel the need to unvote. It's not like we need to unvote to be able to change votes anyways.
I guess I kinda get this but it's still better for everyone if you unvote someone if you no longer are scumreading them, it's very opportunistic otherwise.
In post 318, WhemeStar wrote:Why do you guys think Huntress died
why do you think she did?

@Ciara I dunno if any of your post is addressing me but I have to head out now so I'll look through it tomorrow

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (isolation #58) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:07 pm

Post by Draynth »

In post 333, fferyllt wrote:
In post 332, Draynth wrote:I mean, Huntress literally asked me what I thought of Pyra at the time. After examining the posts I thought Pyra could be scum so I voted, you make it sound like I had an ulterior motive.
To me, bubblecube's post sounded more forced than BlueGenie's, which is why I wondered that you didn't comment on it since BlueGenie's post was an issue to you.
Hmm, I read them both again and to me BG's seems more forced than bubblecubes, difference in opinion I guess
In post 341, WhemeStar wrote:So I'm your strongest scumread?
See please, I directed some points at you. If you don't want to dig through it re quotes etc. I'll do it for you
In post 361, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 359, Ciara24 wrote:Do you think he was correct in thinking warng was scum?
I didn't townread warng but I don't scumread ffery
...So it's a null read?

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (isolation #59) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:25 pm

Post by Draynth »

In post 395, WhemeStar wrote:Also draynths vote on TGL sucked
Surprise LQ isn't voting Draynth
Are you intentionally ignoring me?

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (isolation #60) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:28 pm

Post by Draynth »

In post 381, Draynth wrote:
In post 341, WhemeStar wrote:So I'm your strongest scumread?
See please, I directed some points at you. If you don't want to dig through it re quotes etc. I'll do it for you
In post 359, Ciara24 wrote:Do you think he was correct in thinking warng was scum?
...So it's a null read?

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (isolation #61) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:37 pm

Post by Draynth »

In post 402, WhemeStar wrote:I can't answer the questions in 332
...?

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (isolation #62) » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:24 am

Post by Draynth »

I'm not entirely sure to be honest.
On the one hand, I somewhat townread his kind of nonchalant attitude, but on the other I strongly dislike a few of his posts
In post 411, WhemeStar wrote:Jesus LQ I TR you but don't act scummy
Like, wtf is this
In post 412, WhemeStar wrote:Actually a wagon on me may help with reads honestly
Except I don't really see scum saying this
In post 419, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 413, fferyllt wrote:
In post 409, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 406, Draynth wrote:
...?
I don't have the answers to them
Why not?
Because I don't?

Like he asked why my read on Voctus/LQ switched

I forgot why I started to scum read Voctus
Also seems weird that he would 'forget' why he was scumreading someone but I guess it was a while ago
In post 431, WhemeStar wrote:This is going slow would you guys be willing to wagon BubbleCube
I dunno what this makes me think, on the one hand it could be town trying to get the game moving again, but that doesn't make sense since bubble isn't really here.
Feels like it could be scum trying to push for a potential mislynch

I think I'm biased towards townreading people who post a lot and appear active, and scumread people who are lurking / not providing much content (Ironic, I know) so I'm trying to be more aware of that when forming reads on people

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (isolation #63) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:15 am

Post by Draynth »

@fferyllt
You're right, I've been pretty busy and haven't been giving this game the attention it deserves. I'll do my best to read the past few pages and come up with some actual content

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (isolation #64) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:14 pm

Post by Draynth »

In post 451, fferyllt wrote: He's the kind of player I tend to give a pass for good or ill His play is chaotic, reactive (not so much reactive to pushes or FoSes, though there is some of that) but reactive to every breeze wafting through the game when he's around. It can benefit scum to be that way sometimes, but in most player lists that kind of play gathers negative attention and makes it difficult to push an agenda.
Fair enough, I've never played with Wheme before so I dunno if this is normal for him or not.
In post 452, Pyra wrote:Prodge
Too tired to come up with a coherent post right now, I'll post some time tomorrow after I get some sleep right now. (sorry)
Just noting this
In post 462, fferyllt wrote:This game is somewhere in between those two in terms of tone and reaction.
So what conclusion do you draw from that (If any)?
In post 471, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 470, Ciara24 wrote:I do tend to be snarky.

So why Bubblecube?
The are rubbing me all kinds of wrong. I should prolly go back and look. I think there was someone who expressed that bubble doesn't look so good and I completely agreed with that.
Anything in particular standing out?

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (isolation #65) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:06 pm

Post by Draynth »

In post 478, bubblecube wrote:I had a very strong gut feeling that he wasn't scum (quality reasoning I know) but also because I didn't think scum would go out of their way and draw attention to themselves that way.
In what way? The big readlist posting style?
In post 478, bubblecube wrote:I'm not going to deny that I'm kinda reluctant to give scumreads, but that's because I don't like being aggressive/being wrong in my accusations. Also not gonna deny I have sheep mentality and would be more partial to a read if someone else has the same one as it validates my own. Hopefully I'll be more active from now on but my main problem previously was forgetting about the thread through all my other time burners. For now, I'll read a little more as just now I just did a quick scan.
As an aside from this game, don't be afraid about being wrong when giving reads; Be honest. As town, you should try to make your thought processes as clear as possible, and if you're reserved with your reads it can often come across as you hiding something. Ultimately you only improve by trying (And most likely being wrong at first)!

But, if you really don't want to give scumreads right now, who do you think is town? Why do you think that?

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (isolation #66) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:39 pm

Post by Draynth »

In post 480, bubblecube wrote:Whemestar isn't giving me a great feeling, I'd be willing to start a wagon on him, even if this contrasts with my previous read on Geralt.
Does anything specifically stand out in Wheme's posting?
In post 481, bubblecube wrote: Honestly I think 1 is most likely in this case. Warng wasn't a super experienced player, and newbies (speaking from the perspective of one) often feel like it's a good reason to vote if everyone else does. At the time, after TGL's flip, I didn't have a great read on Warng but after reading over more posts, it does seem like he was kind of a sheeping town. Don't have too much else to say for this, personally I don't think TGL's wagon actually reveals a lot, but then again
I've never liked basing reads off of things like wagons and votes.
@Bolded
Why not?

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (isolation #67) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:24 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 487, fferyllt wrote:
In post 476, Draynth wrote:So what conclusion do you draw from that (If any)?
Did you read my ?
Sorry, missed that somehow

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (isolation #68) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:18 pm

Post by Draynth »

In post 480, bubblecube wrote:By draw attention I mean him scooping up a scumread from my v/la. I'd personally expect scum to have a kind of passive, not draw attention playstyle but I guess it could go both ways. When I look back at it, it could be taken as an opportunistic vote but maybe I'm just skewed by my read on Whemestar right now.

As I think I said in an earlier post, my reads have been kind of flipped with the replacements. Lickety's recent posts have been less towny for me than before, but as I said before, Voctus was a really strong townread and I'm not sure if I'd be able to flip my read just like that.

Whemestar isn't giving me a great feeling, I'd be willing to start a wagon on him, even if this contrasts with my previous read on Geralt.
In post 486, bubblecube wrote:Wheme's posting is really vague, doesn't give explanations for reads, really short posts. Could be lazy town or scum posting and I cant make up my mind.

With things like wagons and votes, I feel like it's too easy to wifom, and I also always found them difficult to read and not necessarily alignment telling.

I like #484 and #485 a lot though, the tone is really pleasant to me. I'll hold off my vote for now.
So, bubble mentions that Whemestar isn't giving her a great feeling and the would be willing to start a wagon on him. The very next post though she says that she can't make up her mind between lazy town or scum.
Then at the end of the post she says that she likes the tone of and so she doesn't want to vote him yet.

The above two posts feel very like scum trying to subtly pressure Wheme and then going back on that without being too obvious about it.

Not to mention the fact that bubble said she was reluctant to give out scumreads, and then the very next post she mentioned two people she was slightly scumreading (Despite me asking her if she had any townreads instead), but I dunno how AI that is.

With such little time remaining I don't really see any other viable lynch choices (A day and a half left when posting)

VOTE: Bubblecube

That is L-1. Do not hammer without first declaring intent to do so.

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (isolation #69) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:10 pm

Post by Draynth »

VOTE: Unvote
Reading now

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (isolation #70) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:53 pm

Post by Draynth »

I want to lynch Wheme since out of {Wheme, Ciara, LQ, Ffer} he's the scummiest to me, but with ~14 hours remaining it seems unlikely that we'd be able to form a wagon in time

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (isolation #71) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:22 pm

Post by Draynth »

Spoilered to avoid a massive wall taking up half the page
Spoiler: Whemescum
In post 280, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 279, fferyllt wrote:
In post 274, WhemeStar wrote:Nooooooo Ffery replaced in to a scum slot :/
Nope. Sorry to disappoint!

More thoughts on the game?
Voctus is your partner prob
Gotta love the reasoning that Wheme gives
In post 281, WhemeStar wrote:Charles looked like he had no idea what to do and flailed a lot. Resulted in him trying to troll and mess around
So he admits that Charles was just flailing as opposed to being scummy, yet also says in another post that he was scumreading the slot based on charles's posting?
In post 282, WhemeStar wrote:Actually I could vote GoR
More solid reasoning
In post 294, WhemeStar wrote:Eh voctus/ LQ town
We wouldn't have the issue of "I forgot why I was scumreading Voctus" if wheme gave reasoning for his thoughts... ever
Really don't like this post, seems like he's specifically avoiding saying that he scumread warng and townreads ffer.
In post 373, WhemeStar wrote:LQ vote Ciara with me
In post 387, WhemeStar wrote:Good job LQ
Is this buddying or am I reaching here

Also I guess it's a null read. But the question was if Warng was scum, and I thought Warng acted scummy
Then say it's a null read, don't try to present your waffle as content
In post 411, WhemeStar wrote:Jesus LQ I TR you but don't act scummy
Still strongly dislike this post
In post 545, WhemeStar wrote:I think Ffery is town but not sure because I didn't townread Warng
More inconsistency between Scumreading and Not Townreading
In post 547, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 539, Ciara24 wrote:Right now, presuming that Bubblecube is telling the truth, I am sure that Pyra, bubble, myself and ffery are town.

That leaves LQ, Draynth and Wheme. One is town, two are scum.

I'm going to sleep on that thought, and I'll definitely be back before deadline.
This post is bad and makes me sure of Draynth/Ciara scumteam
Because....
In post 551, WhemeStar wrote:Pyra rethink that please
?

VOTE: Whemestar
Gotta get this wagon going somehow

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (isolation #72) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:53 pm

Post by Draynth »

In post 561, WhemeStar wrote:Go check any of my town games and explain how I'm playing any differently here
The fact that you're aware of this suggests you could easily be manipulating your meta, so no thanks

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (isolation #73) » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:06 am

Post by Draynth »

Sorry I'll post soon, been v busy

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (isolation #74) » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:50 pm

Post by Draynth »

alright reading now

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (isolation #75) » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:12 pm

Post by Draynth »

VOTE: Ciara24
I'm happy with this

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (isolation #76) » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:13 pm

Post by Draynth »

gg

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (isolation #77) » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:34 pm

Post by Draynth »

I'll hold my thoughts off until Bins reveals the flip

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (isolation #78) » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:06 am

Post by Draynth »

There we go

Thanks for modding Bins :)

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (isolation #79) » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:07 am

Post by Draynth »

The only reason I NK'd Huntress n1 was because I thought she would pick up on the fact that I diverted the charles/warng wagon onto TGL right as it got traction, I had a slight feeling that she could be a PR but having played with her in another game since (it's also over) I think that's just her playstyle.

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #763 (isolation #80) » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:08 am

Post by Draynth »

That being said I think the win was a bit soft in the end, I was fully expecting to have to try and fight my way out of a corner today.

Oh well, it happens. GG everyone

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (isolation #81) » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:08 am

Post by Draynth »

Also, I'm happy to release the mafia PT
@Bins

Sorry for the spam ^^

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (isolation #82) » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:11 am

Post by Draynth »

Also, @ffer I completely forgot we had an actual word to signal the hammer by the way, I was sitting here refreshing the thread every 30s or so waiting for you to post since I thought that was the signal to vote haha

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (isolation #83) » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:13 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 765, Ciara24 wrote:I played so badly in this game, not a great start for my return to the site at all :lol: :lol:

Ffery, well played. I shouldn't have been so quick to change my view on your slot when you replaced in.
Draynth, I don't know why I didn't think you were scummy on day 2. Oh well. Live and learn I guess!

Yeah, I think you would have had a harder battle but to be honest I think LQ kinda gave up at the end of Day 3.
I dunno, I'm surprised I wasn't being deathtunelled by someone to be honest, it helps that Wheme was flat out refusing to explain stuff (Not bashing you, just saying it helped me escape a lynch here) and LQ was very certain he was scum.

Honestly when the cop claim + pyra confirmed town thing happened I thought I was getting lynched 100% since those 2 were the people I wanted to try mislynch today

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (isolation #84) » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:14 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 768, Bins wrote: I'm also surprised that Draynth wasn't forced into a corner today. Most people [even in the dead pt] had correctly pinned him as scum. He probably would have had to claim Doctor + claim he was roleblocked, but that still wouldn't have got him through the day. That's how I envisioned it, at least.
This is pretty much what I was planning to do at the start of the day if LQ hadn't been vocally scumreading Ciara

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (isolation #85) » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:15 am

Post by Draynth »

Well, I was ACTUALLY hoping to blindly claim something day 3 if the PR hadn't been outed but we managed to wagon the actual PR which was unfortunate from my perspective

Although we got to nk them day 2 so I guess it worked out

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (isolation #86) » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:29 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 558, Draynth wrote: VOTE: Whemestar
Gotta get this wagon going somehow
Genuinely surprised this worked

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (isolation #87) » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:30 am

Post by Draynth »

I don't think I've ever actually managed to start the wagon of both mislynches as scum before, I think I did it once as town though...

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (isolation #88) » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:54 am

Post by Draynth »

Anything glaringly obvious in my scumgame that anyone has noticed in hindsight?

I feel like I kind of had to be more proactive than I would have liked this game, particularly day 1 to avoid the charles / warng slot being lynched since that was a bit of a mess so I guess that was new

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (isolation #89) » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:10 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 799, fferyllt wrote:Your being proactive looked good on day !! Some of your stances looked opportunistic though, which I think is why Huntress was suspicious of you. On day 2 you became more reactive, but you were still pretty effective in terms of pushing lynches. Choosing an experienced player to push a little on day 1 would have resulted in more interaction and apparent sorting, which tends to look town, especially if the push has enough basis to look sensible.

There are a lot of coulda-woulda-shouldas that could have changed the game for better or worse for scum. If my slot had been lynched on day 2 (which looked like the most likely scenario before I replaced in) you could have positioned yourself well as part of that. But, there was also a pretty good chance that warng's slot would go to someone who could help you a lot as scum (probably better help than I was able to give because I'm not that great a scum player!)
Sorry I know that it looked good on day 1, I guess I figured that someone would pick up on the fact that I was the one who started the wagon though (which is why I killed huntress)

Good point about pushing an experiences player day 1, I chose TGL since I figured he was the easiest target to mislynch but I probably should have been actively pushing more people at the same time to avoid it being as obvious that it was a misdirect.

Thanks for the advice :)

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”