NG 581 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:44 pm

Post by babygirl86 »

yay we can start!
vote pinkkitten90
for being the last to confirm. hehe
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by babygirl86 »

This may be my first game on this site, but ive played a lot an another site and I have yet to see someone lynched during the random phase of the game. Although it may be completely innocent mistake to put someone at even lynch 2 or lynch 1 but I've also found that it can also be a scumtell.
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (isolation #2) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:42 am

Post by babygirl86 »

most games DO take a while to get to day two... it doesnt matter how much people post. It's kind of a good thing- the more information we can gather before we lynch, the better chance we have of actually hitting the scum. So I know it's annoying, but in the long run it kind of helps.

Official Vote Count

Incognito - 1 (koolkevk)
koolkevk - 1 (Patrick)
pinkkitten90 - 2 (babygirl86, Incognito)

Avangor - 1 (JamesThePhox)

No Lynch - 1 (Avangor)

Not voting - 1 (GarbageMan, pinkkitten90, Xtoxm)

5 to Lynch
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #3) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:43 am

Post by babygirl86 »

oh and by the way I don't think no lynch is the way to go. If we wait until we have more information on who the scum is, we can at lynch them. If we vote no lynch, then we automatically start out with one less town.
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #4) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:50 am

Post by babygirl86 »

Incognito wrote:Also
@pinkkitten and babygirl
, is there any chance that one or both of you could get avatars? I keep getting confused between you two.
What is an avetar and how do I get one?
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #5) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:43 am

Post by babygirl86 »

i finally got it- thanks guys!
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #6) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:41 pm

Post by babygirl86 »

there is no guarantee. but there is a very low probability that if there is a doc in this game(which we don't even know if there is) that he will successfully protect the person that the mafia chooses to kill. And the doc is the only person that could stop a night kill in a newbie game like this
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #7) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:14 am

Post by babygirl86 »

In the other games I have played in I've found that just because a person is lurking doesn't mean they are necessarily mafia. I've had a bad habit of doing that in the past myself- sometimes I either just get bored or I simply don't really have an opinion on what's been happening. Also, at times(this is currently the case with me as a warning)people have either school, a job, or both and are sometimes unable to post. If I don't post for a day or so that will more than likely be the reason.

Secondly, although no one is giving off an extremely scummy vibe right now, I still believe the no lynch idea is a bad idea. Why risk going straight into night and losing a townie when we could spend a little extra time discussing and gather more information about who we think the scum are? Part of me wants to believe that at least one of the people pushing for the no lynch are scum, but I do realize that this IS a newbie game and most of us are beginners and may not realize what the consequenses of a no lynch may be in the end of the game. But since I've realized that my vote is still a random vote, I am going to
unvote
until scummy behavior becomes more clear to me.

lastly,
Incognito wrote:Example: Xtoxm is obvscum.

Unvote; Vote: Xtoxm

Discuss.
why do you think he is obviously scum?
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #8) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:02 am

Post by babygirl86 »

I went back over the thread and I still don't see anything that screams scum from xtoxm. The fact that all you can say about your opinion is 'look back over the posts- how can you not see it' makes me think that maybe you're trying to form a bandwagon on him, which is a scummy move in any game. Although I find it funny that Xtoxm did not have a stronger response to his votes, I will simply throw a
FOS: xTOXM
and
vote: incognito
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (isolation #9) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:44 pm

Post by babygirl86 »

sorry guys- I missed that question. In my opinion, a majority of the time bandwagoning is scummy. Forming a bandwagon is usually scummy because it involves placing a vote usually outside the random stage with no basis of the vote whatsoever. Jumping on the bandwagon is just as bad, if not worse because once again you're following a vote placed with no information. Wish I could post more, but I'm not having the greatest day- I'll try tomorrow.
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (isolation #10) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:11 pm

Post by babygirl86 »

My vote is based on the fact that he placed a vote on xtoxm without no reasoning whatsoever. I find that more than a little suspicious. Yes, this is still day one and most things are indeed based around random voting, but even random votes are given at least a joke explanation.
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (isolation #11) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:46 am

Post by babygirl86 »

Sorry guys- I get kinda sidetracked when I'm reading some of these posts so I guessed I missed where he explained himself. I'll post more when I get home from work but I'll
unvote
for now
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (isolation #12) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by babygirl86 »

why would you claim a meta case against you is brilliant? That seems very odd to me. I have yet to read it(i'm getting on that now) but the suspicion you just brought on yourself is enough.
vote xtoxm
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (isolation #13) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:25 am

Post by babygirl86 »

What else would you like me to say? I have already explained my reasons for voting him- he brought serious suspicion on himself in his past few posts and the meta case on him didn't help either.
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (isolation #14) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:46 pm

Post by babygirl86 »

wow a confessed scum day one..... granted this is my first game on this site, but thats one that I've definately never heard of before(and I've played quite a few on other sites). As for his scum buddy, I got nothin right now... hopefully someone will place the lynch soon so we can go into night and hopefully have some more information day 2
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (isolation #15) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:04 am

Post by babygirl86 »

I'm still here- sorry guys. I've been watching the thread, but haven't had much to say yet. Still trying to figure out who the second scum is, but no one's popping out just yet. The fact that we haven't had a cop claim yet tells me that either they got an innocent vote night one or they're one of the people that don't agree that the cop should claim. I'm leaning more toward the first one.
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (isolation #16) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:02 pm

Post by babygirl86 »

wow theres been quite a bit of reading to do today and I tried my best to comprehend it all. After rereading as much as I could without losing concentration, it seems like either koolkevk or jamesthephox are scum. I'm leaning more toward jamesthephox, considering it did indeed seem like xtoxm was trying to send a message to his scum partner and koolkevk still hasn't seemed that active day 2. jamesthephox, however has. so for now until someone gives me reason to vote otherwise
vote JamesThePhox
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (isolation #17) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:32 am

Post by babygirl86 »

I'm still here. I don't see anything that I've done really that scummy. Everything that I've been questioned about I've explained myself. I'm wondering if maybe your just looking for an excuse to suspect someone, snailman. But I'll hold off voting for now.
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (isolation #18) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:28 am

Post by babygirl86 »

Well It couldn't hurt to try out this plan. I'm pretty sure that one of koolkevk and james are scum anyway.
unvote, vote koolkevk
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (isolation #19) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:53 pm

Post by babygirl86 »

You suggest a plan and ask people to support the plan, yet you question me when I follow it? I had already stated twice at least that I believe one of the two of you are scum and this seems like a good way to find out which one. If you would rather me put my vote back on you, I will gladly do so, but I don't understand why your questioning me
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (isolation #20) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:27 pm

Post by babygirl86 »

Oh wow. Well I have no reason to doubt the cop claim so
unvote, vote JamesThePhox
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (isolation #21) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:41 am

Post by babygirl86 »

sorry guys I'm here I've just got a lot of family issues right now so I havent been home much. I'll try and post when I get home from school tonight
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (isolation #22) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:57 pm

Post by babygirl86 »

alright guys I'm back from class but unfortunately don't have a lot of time to post, since this week and next week I've got finals so I'm gonna be really busy studying and such. but anyway... I really don't see that much scummy behavior in snailman, and the scummy behavior that he has acted he's explained. So I'm quite content keeping my vote on james for now- he still seems scummiest to me
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (isolation #23) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:20 am

Post by babygirl86 »

I too am also waiting on snailman( with what little free time I have between studying for finals and writing papers. has he been prodded?

I only prod after 4 days of no posts unless someone requests a prod sooner. I'll take this as a request :) - Vel
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (isolation #24) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:28 am

Post by babygirl86 »

Yes welcome. Hopefully we can start making some more progress in this game... that is if snailman comes back. School's pretty much done now so I'll be able to participate more. Before posting my thoughts, however, I'm still gonna wait on snailman's reaction to being lynch-1
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (isolation #25) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:13 am

Post by babygirl86 »

hmmm not quite sure what to make of that.... I find it believable, considering he hasn't posted for a while which is a good explanation for wanting to be replaced. JamesthePhox still seems scummy to me. my vote stays.
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (isolation #26) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:41 am

Post by babygirl86 »

welcome strife!
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (isolation #27) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:23 am

Post by babygirl86 »

I thought since I posted on sunday, that would give me a few days without having to worry about telling the world whats going on since I really didn't want to talk about it but obviously not. I've been out of town for 3 days due to unexpected death in the family. I didn't receive a prod, so I figured I was fine. Apparently not. But anyway.....

I'm sorry for your loss babygirl. It may not have been doable in this situation, but a PM keeps the Mod at bay :) I give everyone 4 days to post, the 5th day I prod. After 3 prods your out, so you wouldn't have gotten a prod this time, you'd have gotten kicked out of the game, since this would have been your 3rd.

James I have already explained my reasons for day 2 voting numerous times yet you still want to believe that I'm scum for it. Funny how everyone else accepts it but you refuse to move on. Considering I still believe your scum, I think your trying to take the attention off of you and onto someone else. I'm not surprised that you claimed 'normal'townie... If there is a doc, I wouldnt expect them to claim and we already have a claimed cop. That leaves the only claims for the mafia to make are town. I dont buy it for a second.
confirm vote: JamesthePhox
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (isolation #28) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:31 pm

Post by babygirl86 »

others have pretty much already summed it up, but heres what I mean.... no one in their right mind would claim doc because it would ultimately lead to them being night killed. And obviously if asked to role claim the remaining scum isn't gonna claim scum. so that means that townie is the only role left for scum to claim.
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (isolation #29) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:29 am

Post by babygirl86 »

is that a lynch?
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (isolation #30) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:28 am

Post by babygirl86 »

babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (isolation #31) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:35 am

Post by babygirl86 »

done with the readthrough..... I'm pretty much clueless. There really isn't anyone that screams scum at me right now....I'll keep lookin over it to try and find something, but so far I'm not really feeling anything
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (isolation #32) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:42 pm

Post by babygirl86 »

yea that was me
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (isolation #33) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:45 am

Post by babygirl86 »

I wasn't certain. everyone else was stating their theories about cops and asking for others' opinions. I stated mine.
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (isolation #34) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:52 pm

Post by babygirl86 »

I'm not sure as of right now, but I have a few leads: I know that I am town. we have one confirmed innocent thanks to our cop(alvinz). I'm getting a pro-town vibe from you- it seems like you're trying to get everyone's opinions and understand everyone's playstyle. That leaves strappado and strife.... I went back into the earlier pages of the game, and unless its an act, strappado's predecessor was not voting for the confirmed scum, which could be coincidence or it could also be a scum not wanting to take part in the lynch of the fellow mafia. Strife's predecessor, however was on scum's lynch and has also been more active throughout the game. I'm not convinced yet enough to cast a vote, but if I was forced to I would vote strappado.
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (isolation #35) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:13 am

Post by babygirl86 »

When was Snailman on Xtoxm's lynch?
oops my bad :oops: I looked at koolkev instead of xtoxm. guess thats what I guess for posting on 3 hours of sleep
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (isolation #36) » Fri May 02, 2008 1:41 pm

Post by babygirl86 »

yes I am..... if you guys read my posts like you said you did in other games you would very quickly notice that I don't do detailed posts. I don't have the time or concentration to analyze every single player's posts. Sorry if you guys don't like it but thats the way I play. Aside from that, still no one seems scummy to me... god this games getting hard!
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (isolation #37) » Sat May 03, 2008 7:17 am

Post by babygirl86 »

with that post I was actually responding to strife's request for a detailed post. As for who I think is scum, like I said I don't know right now. I'm not going to pretend I think someone is scum and just make up a reason.... thats just not how I play. I would personally like to hear more from alvin than just checking in.
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (isolation #38) » Sun May 04, 2008 12:44 pm

Post by babygirl86 »

the fact that strappado isn't willing to hammer yet and wants to gather more information makes me think twice about thinking he's scummier than strife. After doing a semi-complete readthrough I've caught a few new things that I don't like about strife... for example his willingness to hop on bandwagons- especially bandwagons of people that were later confirmed innocent. He was also not part of the scum's lynch. I'm hoping this is the right decision... if not we'll know who the other scum is tomorrow.
vote strife 220

*crosses fingers*
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (isolation #39) » Mon May 05, 2008 7:23 am

Post by babygirl86 »

yes!!! my reread proved to be successful. great game everyone!!!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”