Newbie 1852: Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:11 pm

Post by James Brafin »

Hello Huntress, RC, long time no see!

VOTE: RC because I'm concerned about this new setup of yours.
A new R2D game is in signups! Running Alpha v1.3 Link here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80343
Get to know a handsome potato: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=76837
Making the world more educated, one uneducated person at a time.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:14 pm

Post by James Brafin »

In post 9, Huntress wrote:
In post 6, RadiantCowbells wrote:VOTE: Flubbernugget

apologetic tone forced pls lynch jfsf
Sounds like a good idea.

Vote: Flubbernugget
Strikes me as sheepy and scummy. But this is RVS, so it's probably NAI.
p-edit: and the above() is OMGUS. Seems scummy and defensive.
p-p-edit: no reason for your vote on RC, and this also strikes me as scummy and kind of pointless.
A new R2D game is in signups! Running Alpha v1.3 Link here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80343
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (isolation #2) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:19 pm

Post by James Brafin »

Oh, and
@MOD
, I will be V/LA between the 15th and the 18th due to a family gathering and celebration. I know it's still a week away, but I thought that I would let you know early, just in case.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (isolation #3) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:21 pm

Post by James Brafin »

Okay, you now have a vote with a reason, but your reasoning is "the stuff that comes out of you butt."
You are either really aggressive town, town that is not taking this game seriously, or scum.
I'm willing to bet on scum.

VOTE: Flutter
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #4) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:48 pm

Post by James Brafin »

In post 20, RadiantCowbells wrote:Okay then

I claim tracker

If you are a doctor, you are on me no matter what.
If you are a jailkeeper, I want you to flip two coins night 1. If both are heads, you go elsewhere. Else, protect me night one and once I know of your existence I'll figure something out.

Any other PRs go elsewhere.

no one else is to claim. only I benefit from claiming here.
Why do you only benefit from claiming here? Also, I'm pretty sure I know your role now. If you want to know why, 'Ferno and I are buds. That's all you should need to know.
In post 21, Flubbernugget wrote:So I was about to note I was voting JB for not voting me but still shading me, but that seems to have changed.

James, your trichotomy is strange. How is saying I'm going to omgus aggressive? Omgus is pretty common in RVS. How am I not taking the game seriously? Why does scum say they're going to omgus over town?
We have three questions rolled into one here, so I'm going to answer each seperately.
a) It's not the OMGUS post specifically, but OMGUS paired with post #11. Even saying that it seemed to be hostile seemed to come off to me as really hot and smoky and angry. But it doesn't strike me as town to say "My first post was going to be..."
b) That's not the reason you don't seem to be taking the game seriously. That would be post #13, which seems pointless and like a joke post, as does your OMGUS vote. (BTW, that was a reaction test on my part. If you hadn't said anything I probably wouldn't have thought you were scum because we were in RVS.) It also feels like more fluff.
c) See, that's what I find odd. Why would ANYONE say they're going to OMGUS? That seems odd no matter your alignment. What makes it scummy-feeling is the fact that it's been paired with two super defensive, super-lashy posts AFTER you hit l-3. IT feels to me like you're trying to fight off a wagon.
I'm not basing my vote on your OMGUS votes, but on the material that came with them.

Oh, and he's L-2, guys, so let's slow down this wagon a bit. No reason to be lynching less than 24 hours after the game starts.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #5) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:33 pm

Post by James Brafin »

Guys, we're out of RVS now. You can stop it now.
And perhaps it is, or perhaps it is not, RC. But I do know things...
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #6) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:17 am

Post by James Brafin »

I am not understanding this claim strat at all. It's never good for Tracker to claim because A) guaranteed NK or B) The tracker becomes useless due to JK. It hands game to scum because the immediately know who a tracker is and can target him at night, then they find out the setup and start searching out the other power role/lynch townies left and right.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (isolation #7) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:23 am

Post by James Brafin »

Okay, so Inferno: He's a friend who a watch a lot of the games of, and... That's all I can say, because meta. :(

I do not agree with his idea. Even if he is VT (Which yes, I believe that claim), the whole thing gives the scum team a PR AND knowledge of the setup.
Not happy with the wagon on me; I think there's at least 1 scum.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #8) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:25 am

Post by James Brafin »

Like Kiana; her first post strikes me as RVS, but then she goes and EWBOPs it. That strikes me as scum afterthought. She's also really hard-tunneling two people.
And Brass has contributed very little to the game in terms of scumhunting. That seems off to me as well.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (isolation #9) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:27 am

Post by James Brafin »

The only town I'm sure of at the moment is RC and Flutter.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (isolation #10) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:34 am

Post by James Brafin »

Why back down so fast? If you were town why wouldn't you stay on the wagon?
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #11) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:00 am

Post by James Brafin »

Since when was I a town read? I thought I was pinging you just a minute ago.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #12) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:08 am

Post by James Brafin »

Oh. Kk, that makes sense.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (isolation #13) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:12 am

Post by James Brafin »

Kiana, your sheeping without actual contribution is bothering me.
VOTE: Kiana

What reads do you have other than just "James and Impede?" because three words is a pretty hollow case, and frankly, telling others to "ask you questions" is a way to post without actually participating.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (isolation #14) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:16 am

Post by James Brafin »

This is very obvious. And you've still yet to read. Asking questions is great, but there is a point where you have to start putting your own opinion out there.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (isolation #15) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:21 am

Post by James Brafin »

I am talking to you. Your "read" has consisted of literally three words, then a "soft defense" claim and a request for others to "ask you questions." That's not a read, that's a scummy way to get two guys lynched. Not to mention your "soft defense" claim is unfounded as well.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (isolation #16) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:24 am

Post by James Brafin »

Right now my scumreads are Kiana and Impede and MAYBE MAYBE Brass. While I'm still uncomfortable about how fast he backed off my wagon, he seems townie to me.
Aa for Impede, while he hasn't "soft defended" anyone, his previous posts come off super defensive to me.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (isolation #17) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:26 am

Post by James Brafin »

James Brafin wrote:I am talking to you. Your "read" has consisted of literally three words, then a "soft defense" claim and a request for others to "ask you questions." That's not a read, that's a scummy way to get two guys lynched. Not to mention your "soft defense" claim is unfounded as well.
In post 121, brassherald wrote:Open question, is James' vote an OMGUS, or for pretty much the same reasoning I posted?
There's your reasoning for my vote.

@Kiana: I'd like you to actually post your thoughts and opinions, rather than just ask others to do it for you. I take a laid-back approach to my games as well, but I'm more active than
that
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (isolation #18) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:29 am

Post by James Brafin »

In post 124, Kiana Kaslana wrote:
In post 121, brassherald wrote:Open question, is James' vote an OMGUS, or for pretty much the same reasoning I posted?
Take a look at James's reasoning for his vote. He says, he doesn't like the way I'm voting. This suggests that he's mainly unhappy that I was voting for him. But, I switched to Impede now.

No doubt, Impede will vote for me too, because that's what scum do. I'm not unnerved.
A) Massive mirep. I don't like your reasoning, which is crud.
B) By saying Impede will vote for you, you've pretty much set him up for a scum fall. If he votes, he's scum. If he doesn't vote, you can say, "He couldn't vote, because he's scum and I said that if he was scum he'd vote." That's not only confbias, but extremely scummy.
C) by saying you're not worried, you come across as very worried.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #19) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:32 am

Post by James Brafin »

In post 126, Kiana Kaslana wrote:
In post 123, James Brafin wrote:Right now my scumreads are Kiana and Impede and MAYBE MAYBE Brass. While I'm still uncomfortable about how fast he backed off my wagon, he seems townie to me.
Aa for Impede, while he hasn't "soft defended" anyone, his previous posts come off super defensive to me.
How can you reconcile the fact that I'm voting Impede, but have both of us as your scumreads? Can we possibly on the same team?
Sure. Scum can and will vote scum to make themselves look like town. It's not uncommon. And once again, it's not your vote, it's your bad reasoning that has me thinking you are scum.
In post 127, Kiana Kaslana wrote:
In post 125, James Brafin wrote:@Kiana: I'd like you to actually post your thoughts and opinions, rather than just ask others to do it for you. I take a laid-back approach to my games as well, but I'm more active than that.
What kind of thoughts and opinions do you want?

I've already told everyone who I think is scum. By extension, I think everyone is town. If those reads don't satisfy you, then you have to explain why.
Just telling us who you think is scum/town is not a read. You should also have reasoning WHY. Otherwise it looks like you don't actually have a reason for your vote; you're looking for a fast mislynch to end D1 and hopefully grab a PR wile you're at it.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (isolation #20) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:42 am

Post by James Brafin »

In typical mod style,
#800000 is my color. Don't use it.

In post 130, Kiana Kaslana wrote:
In post 128, James Brafin wrote:
In post 124, Kiana Kaslana wrote:
Take a look at James's reasoning for his vote. He says, he doesn't like the way I'm voting. This suggests that he's mainly unhappy that I was voting for him. But, I switched to Impede now.

No doubt, Impede will vote for me too, because that's what scum do. I'm not unnerved.
A) Massive mirep. I don't like your reasoning, which is crud.
B) By saying Impede will vote for you, you've pretty much set him up for a scum fall. If he votes, he's scum. If he doesn't vote, you can say, "He couldn't vote, because he's scum and I said that if he was scum he'd vote." That's not only confbias, but extremely scummy.
C) by saying you're not worried, you come across as very worried.
What's a mirep?
When you misrepresent someone's post or actions as something they are not. For example. You are misrepresenting my vote as me not liking the way you voted. I don't like your reasoning, which seems scummy and ill-planned.

A) How can you not like my reasoning? I've posted no reasoning. There's nothing to like, or not to like.
A. No reasoning is bad and inherently scummy. B.
In post 81, Kiana Kaslana wrote:James Brafin and Impede. I agree with your reasoning and gambit. Now Impede is his teammate for soft defending James. Nothing much else to say.

Why don't you ask me a few questions, and I'll answer them.
In post 116, Kiana Kaslana wrote:
In post 114, RadiantCowbells wrote:I still think James has a billion times more scum equity so idk
What do you mean by scum equity?

Scum is scum. Not scum is not scum. If the host gave them a scum role, we lynch them.

I take it you believe that James Brafin is more likely scum than Impede? What do you make of James's most recent posts?
In post 126, Kiana Kaslana wrote:
In post 123, James Brafin wrote:Right now my scumreads are Kiana and Impede and MAYBE MAYBE Brass. While I'm still uncomfortable about how fast he backed off my wagon, he seems townie to me.
How can you reconcile the fact that I'm voting Impede, but have both of us as your scumreads? Can we possibly on the same team?
That's a lie, there is reasoning here. Bad reasoning, but reasoning.

A2) The question should be whether I am scum or not. Would I be more likely to post more reasoning as scum, or less as scum?
Scum relies on subtle pushes to get players lynched, not logic, because logic does not help scum. Usually logic leads to fallacies that players can pick up. So yes, less logic == scummy.
If you want to like or dislike something, why not play a dating sim?
Fluff and off topic.

B) I think you're not reading my posts correctly. If he votes, he's scum. If he doesn't vote, he's still scum. Just because he votes or not does not change the scum role that he received from our host.
Also very much confbias. You are VERY sure he's scum, and the only player I know who has EVER been able to deathtunnel scum consistently is Inferno390. This reads super scummy to me.

C) Think what you like.
Blowing off my pressure comes off as nervous and antsy to me.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #21) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:49 am

Post by James Brafin »

In post 132, Kiana Kaslana wrote:
In post 129, James Brafin wrote: Sure. Scum can and will vote scum to make themselves look like town. It's not uncommon. And once again, it's not your vote, it's your bad reasoning that has me thinking you are scum.
Okay, so, if I'm scum, and I'm voting scum, but other town are not voting scum, does that mean I'm more useful than town?
Nope. It just means you're gaining town points. Scum is NEVER GOOD FOR TOWN. Ever. So if you are voting Impede because he's scum and you are scum, but everyone is voting somewhere else, you're not helping town. Plus, that's against scum wincon.

And, if I'm voting scum, why not help me vote scum too?
Because A) I'm more confident in my scumread of you and B) Without more posts from impede, it's hard to accurately read him. So while I'm watching him for scummy behavior, you are the lynch special of the day. (I'll take that with a town win side salad, please.)

In post 125, James Brafin wrote: Just telling us who you think is scum/town is not a read. You should also have reasoning WHY. Otherwise it looks like you don't actually have a reason for your vote; you're looking for a fast mislynch to end D1 and hopefully grab a PR wile you're at it.
Impede said we could scumread him as long as we don't come up with "shitty reasons" why we're scumreading or voting him. I'm just following his wishes.
You've just admitted that you actually have NO reason to scumread Impede If that's not a scumslip, then I'm Gerorge Washington's Uncle.

In post 133, Kiana Kaslana wrote:
In post 131, Text Generator wrote:@Kiana: Nice to meet you too. I'm excited about Huntress' catchup post mostly.

Starting to think Impede + lurker, as lazy as that is.

Strongly agreed with everything in this post. But James Brafin is not off the hook for me.
And this is way off topic of this post.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (isolation #22) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:50 am

Post by James Brafin »

I love Dark Red and Bold. It's so rage inducing, and makes scum make slips easier. And by running from the argument, you prove that you have no good responses and therefore makes you look even scummier.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (isolation #23) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:01 am

Post by James Brafin »

Brass, what are your thoughts on all of this?
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (isolation #24) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:19 am

Post by James Brafin »

So if we are in agreement that she looks like scum, what are potential scumbuddies at this time? While Impede still seems kind of scummy to me, I don't think that newb-scum would vote their scum-buddy so early.
RC I'm pretty confident is town. Huntress I'm on the fence about; Very few posts from her.
Could Text be scum? Just Isoed him and a) he's sheeping Kiana, b) could post #131 be scum talking to scum? and c) Very little contribution.
Flubber strikes me as town because he's been super read-y and active. Soul shade not so much. I'm really on the fence for him.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (isolation #25) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:20 am

Post by James Brafin »

Why specifically do you think Text is scum? Is it because of the points I made, or is there something else?
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (isolation #26) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:44 am

Post by James Brafin »

Page 7: Gosh, this game moved fast! But really, you think that a newb is going to try SvS? That seems like a stretch, and Kiana is brand new.
And @RC, why do you feel like I'm scum? if you've already answered this, just give me the posts and I'll read them, just a little lost here, I'm a bit behind.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (isolation #27) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:55 am

Post by James Brafin »

So much on this page it's insane.
In post 177, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 176, brassherald wrote:I do feel like an early SvS play could work. Right now, though, I'm still townleaning on James. Maybe this weekend when I sit down to reread and reanalyze everything, I'll see something different, but right now I just do not.
Okay think of it this way

You're Kiana and I'm coming in claiming basically a guilty on your partner what do you do? You either defend or you go with it and Kiana is scared enough of me to go with it.
Then when it's possible to stick with my general reads, continuing to pocket me, but get your vote off of your partner? She votes Impede instead.

From James's point of view everything makes sense as well, especially if you consider that James is likely the PR and needs to survive.
Note that James also immediately started looking off of Kiana and started looking for potential scumpartners to her.

It's exactly what I would expect them to do SvS. Don't write them off for something that they wouldn't have wanted to do, my actions created waves.
Firstly, a D1 lynch for scum gives them nothing. It's actually really bad; there is no reason at this point for me to sell out scum.

In post 181, RadiantCowbells wrote:This is something that's hard to articulate but I believe that Kiana is a far better scum player than this game would articulate. I think that she is intentionally sabotaging her slot to give her roleblocker towncred.
You do realize that this is Kiana's first game period, right? Why would a completely new player do that?

In post 186, RadiantCowbells wrote:Read page 6. Kiana isn't even trying, she's not fighting James's points, she's even outright weakening her position with the quack and refusing to respond to red text??
James even says something about the red text thing which is absolute bullshit it doesn't make any sense it's not a real thing. And the way James pushes on her feels like scum who knows that she's scum.
Actually, I've had that comment shot at me at least twice in the past month. It is a real thing.

In post 192, RadiantCowbells wrote:The complete lack of attempts to gamesolve, the lack of reasoning given, the lack of investment, the 'aa i dont want to respond to red text' 'quack' in a position where it strengthens James's.

I'm never lynching outside of the two of you today so if you're town we can lynch James and get a PR to check you and clear you. All good right?
You seem really interested in killing me, but show much less of an interest with Kiara. Since when does town bargain with scum? If you're so sure she's scum, why are you even offering her this? Also, how do you know there is a search PR? I'm actually starting to wonder if I misread you and you're scum at this point.

In post 193, Kiana Kaslana wrote:
In post 150, RadiantCowbells wrote:VOTE: Text Generator

Going to take a break from the big exciting people because I think this is newbscum.
Also, Text Generator is a hard townread for me, please don't vote him!

Vote Impede with me instead. Literally nobody is townreading him.

Since this game has only two scum, only a maximum of one other player can be his partner and thus townread him. The rest of the game is town, and is free to scumread him organically, and this appears to be the case here.

What about Impede makes you think he isn't a worthy vote at this point?
In post 194, RadiantCowbells wrote:The fact that he's not James Brafin
This strikes me as Confbias

In post 196, RadiantCowbells wrote:Because you aren't lynching James Brafin
Also Confbias. It looks like you're trying to pressure Kiana into making a vote she doesn't want to make.

In post 197, RadiantCowbells wrote:Just stop, sorry that your scumpartner fucked up, let's all play a new game.
Confbias and arrogance.

In post 199, RadiantCowbells wrote:How am I sheeping two newbies? I never townread you and in fact wrote you off super early in the game as never VT. You're PR of some sort playing weird or you are scum.

If you are PR then it is beneficial to lynch James Brafin instead of you so I am giving you that much flexibility.
I'd like to point out that I'm not a newb. This is my 5th/6th game on site. Also, I'm going to hardclaim VT at this point in time since I don't know what the votecount is on page 12, and say that RC is coming across as scuper-deathtunneler and confbias, which from my meta reads on him has never worked out for him very well. Just saying.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (isolation #28) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:10 am

Post by James Brafin »

I'm not going to do such a huge post as above, but from the rest I'm sure that Kiana is scum now, because one second I'm a town read and next second suddenly it's "okay to lynch me."
RC is troubling me. From his meta, this arrogant and tunneling is town play for him, but this death-tunneling is worse than Inferno's and strikes me as scummy. So while I don't see him as scum, he doesn't strike me as the most useful town either.
Text also strikes me as super scum right now. Both he and Kiana are sheeping a death-tunnel, which is super convenient, and then he tries for the "you follow me on failure" thing, which is basically an attempt to get control of town.
And I know from meta that when we have a deathtunnel D1 from town that ends up on town lynches, that's when the game spirals out of control.
Soul has also done very little reading in my opinion. He could also be scum.
Don't like hunter's post count, but she's super busy I know, so I see it as NAI.
Unsure about Impede at this point. He strikes me as a null read for now. Going to wait for his replace before I decide.
I feel like RC's knowledge of a investigation PR might be a scumslip, but doubtful.

Town Reads: Flutter, Brass, Huntress, Me
Null: RC, Impede
Scum: Kiana, Text, Soulshade
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (isolation #29) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:15 am

Post by James Brafin »

And why is that? A replace is NAI, and no one is reading Impede as scum except you.
Why do you consider my posts faked? (If I'm understanding that correctly)
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (isolation #30) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:34 am

Post by James Brafin »

A) Really, because it doesn't strike me that way, otherwise there would be a wagon on him.
B) You think I'm death tunneling you. Then why do you refuse to refute them? I will listen to logic; in fact, listening to logic has got me scumreading you.
C) Also not true and a bad attempt at pressure. Impede, Brass, Hunter, and Text don't scum read me as far as I can tell. Now yes, there is enough for a lynch. But 1) I'm confident that It's not going to happen because you and Text are really just sheeping, and 2) I'm not stressed about it. I'm just a Vt, not a power role, so if I die it's not a huge hit to town. It's bad, sure, but not a critical wound. Also, if you were as worried as you said about lynching town and giving the Maf an advantage, why are you going after me after a VT claim, even after you've said earlier that you
In post 256, Kiana Kaslana wrote:He's a newbie. I don't think he's thinking very logically or strategically. Unfortunately this concession points towards him being town.
think I'm town?
Plus, I'm no newbie, I have 5-6 fames under my belt. YOU'RE more of a newb on the site than I am.

Caught you, dear.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (isolation #31) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:52 am

Post by James Brafin »

Also, how does RC know specifically that I'm the roleblocker?
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (isolation #32) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:23 am

Post by James Brafin »

Well, despite quietness, you've struck me as kind of observant and town-sorting. I also find that Non-activity is NAI, and I know how busy you can get as a mod (which you may or may not be doing, I have no idea,) so I don't find your lack of posts concerning.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (isolation #33) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:20 am

Post by James Brafin »

Why not Kiana? What strikes her as town to you so suddenly, RC? A minute ago she was scum with me. Just because my behavior doesn't look scummy doesn't mean that her behavior is any less scummy.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (isolation #34) » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:31 am

Post by James Brafin »

From right here, soul seems scared of getting lynched. We put a little pressure on him and he just collapsed. That is SUPER weird in my opinion.
Feeling better about RC, it looks like he's putting pressure on people and trying to scumhunt now, which is fine.
Hello, The Worst! Welcome to the game!
Huntress and RC, if my post came off as buddying, it was not meant to. I was trying to get through some meta info.
Also, if anyone is interested on getting some meta on me, My last Newbie game just finished and y'all can take a look if you like.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (isolation #35) » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:45 pm

Post by James Brafin »

I guess I would be okay with the worst lynch (see what I did there?).
I'm still pretty confident that Kiana is scum. She is coming of a tad flippant and not very helpful right now, but that could just be me and confbias.

Also, I'd like an answer to this:
A) Really, because it doesn't strike me that way, otherwise there would be a wagon on him.
B) You think I'm death tunneling you. Then why do you refuse to refute them? I will listen to logic; in fact, listening to logic has got me scumreading you.
C) Also not true and a bad attempt at pressure. Impede, Brass, Hunter, and Text don't scum read me as far as I can tell. Now yes, there is enough for a lynch. But 1) I'm confident that It's not going to happen because you and Text are really just sheeping, and 2) I'm not stressed about it. I'm just a Vt, not a power role, so if I die it's not a huge hit to town. It's bad, sure, but not a critical wound. Also, if you were as worried as you said about lynching town and giving the Maf an advantage, why are you going after me after a VT claim, even after you've said earlier that you
In post 256, Kiana Kaslana wrote:
He's a newbie. I don't think he's thinking very logically or strategically. Unfortunately this concession points towards him being town.

think I'm town?
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (isolation #36) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:04 pm

Post by James Brafin »

Hey BK! Good to see you, man!
Sorry, I've been busy; Tuesdays are Band Day and there's no Wifi. :p
BK, why did you move your vote? It seems to me that you are pretty hard-reading Kiana as scum, and we need as much pressure on that wagon as we can get.
Agreed on soulshade. He gets kind of defensive and "I don't care"-y when he gets even slightly scumread.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (isolation #37) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:18 am

Post by James Brafin »

In post 506, Kiana Kaslana wrote:
In post 504, the worst wrote:The fact you people keep referring to this slot as Impede is ringing alarm bells.
Impede is way easier to read than you. And my read on him is Big Fat SCUM!
In post 516, Kiana Kaslana wrote:
In post 513, the worst wrote:KK just wondering if there's a reason you're blatantly pretending I don't exist?
Because you are evil!!
In post 525, Kiana Kaslana wrote:
In post 524, BK444 wrote:You and RC are not obvious town. Do not lie.

What makes you believe RC is townie enough that you’d piggy back any band wagon they make regardless of reasoning?

And by “evidence” I meant any sort of basic reasoning, not “im good at reading people lol!!!” without anything else.
"I'm good at reading people lol!!!" Is good enough for me.

I'm not piggy backing any band wagon they make. I actually agree with his reads, some a bit more, some a bit less. Also, he has provided reasoning already.

RadiantCowbells, please tell me what you think of BK444 when you next return. Do you really accept the nonsense he's posting?
In post 528, Kiana Kaslana wrote:
In post 526, BK444 wrote:If you think Huntress is town, why are you joining RC’s band wagon against her without thought?

How am I confusing people by stating my reads? The only ones angered at my reads are funny enough, you, RC, and Soul, all of the people I suspected of being scum. Doesn’t hold much merit.

How is RC driving content when he’s starting band wagons because “im good at reads lol” (Yes, I will keep tunneling this until RC gives a proper reason.)
I think she has the potential to be town and the potential to play much better. Anyway, there's nothing wrong with joining a band wagon. It's not like she's actually lynched yet, so it isn't final.

Maybe it's because your reads are terrible and the only people who make such terrible reads are scum or terrible people.

Maybe you can read the entire game then see how RC drives content.
In post 536, Kiana Kaslana wrote:RC, you go interrogate this guy. I am done.
This honestly all feels like avoiding questions and very defensive play to me. And I cannot beleive that you REALLy think that this is how good town plays, esp. since you seem to have a lot of off-site expereience.

VOTE: KK
Pretty sure my vote is here, but I'm going to remind you of it anyways.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (isolation #38) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:01 pm

Post by James Brafin »

@Mod: I will be v/la until Monday for a family gathering. I'm going to be unable to bring my laptop, and even if I did, it's a 10.5 hour drive just to get there. :p

But before I go:
In post 559, Kiana Kaslana wrote:VOTE: Huntress

With her not doing stuff, it almost feels as if Town won't miss her even if RC is wrong.
This is really scummy and seems to be taking advantage of the fact that Huntress is lurking.

In post 560, Text Generator wrote:Huntress town implies:
BK/SS
KK/SS
RC/BK (!!!)
of which BK/SS seems to me the most likely by a good margin.
BK town implies:
KK/Huntress
KK/SS
Huntress/SS?

The strongest argument for KK I see is that she doesn't want to lynch Huntress. I think there are deeper connections between Huntress and BK-slot if that's your basis and I think BK is independently scummier than the other candidates on the table.
Really? THAT is the strongest reason you can think of? What about the refusal to cooperate with town, lack of readlists or strong reads on several players, and frequent fluff-posting?

p-edit:
Wow, KK is conftown now. BK for president.
Unless your vote is already in this slot, this looks like you're taking advantage of the fact that its not to run up a wagon. Also, KK's vote for Huntress should NOT make her look townie to you.

In post 562, Text Generator wrote:I don't really have an idea of what KK scum should look like, so I could just be wrong about that slot.
Could this be scum trying to help themselves out if their buddy gets lynched? I could totally see this spun into 'I was sheeping because I thought she was town.'
Huntress definitely looks like lurk scum, so I wouldn't be bothered by a Huntress lynch.
This is both sheeping KK and strikes me as an opportunity lynch.
I'd be interested in hearing her thought on the BK slot, though.
Could it be that our scumteam is KK/TG? I expect there to be meaty pages when I get back guys!
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #978 (isolation #39) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:06 pm

Post by James Brafin »

Hey guys, catching up!
For those who are waiting for a defense, be aware that there will be none. I feel no pressure, nor am I stressed about the game state as of page 30. Plus, I find defenses scummy as crud.
That being said:
In post 653, Text Generator wrote:TW is almost certainly not scum, but BK444 is precisely scummy enough to be scum.

Nothing about that slot through BH or BK444 suggests that finding scum is a priority for them.
BH's behavior towards the tracker fake-claim (i.e. pretending nothing at all had happened by that point in the game) and the slot's subsequent behavior suggests TMI.
BH's activity level compared to activity on other parts of the site suggest this game was particularly hard for him.

As it stands, I don't see any way there is not scum in in the lurkers. The town dynamics don't make sense to me unless most of the people contributing are town. This is one reason why I think scum is in {Huntress/SS}, though I can see where RC is coming from re:SS meta.

pedit:
Actually, the worst is good.
This feels like a scumslip to me. He literally contradicts himself in the same post.
In post 674, Kiana Kaslana wrote:RC I really don't think anyone says this:
In post 671, BK444 wrote:Being a lurker doesn't make you guilty. Please stop using this reasoning. If you want to make an actual case for others to band wagon onto Soul with, mention the shitty dramatic reaction to being suspected of scum. Use the sudden "BW onto James despite him being away" issue. You've got good intentions seeing as I don't feel like Soul is townie, but you're not using the intentions right.
as scum.

With that said,

Lurkers are guilty because they don't help town. Sure, being a lurker doesn't make someone guilty of being scum. But, it makes them guilty of being a detriment to the town and someone we won't want to have, because it becomes almost impossible to distinguish a town lurker from a scum lurker, if they post roughly the same amount of content, which is, by the definition of being a lurker, 0.

They aren't guilty of being mafia, but they are most certainly guilty of being scumbags.

Also, Soulshader has hardly been lurking. He's here in the game, alright. But he hasn't been helping town much.
This is really scummy thought. It's so easy for scum to take advantage of lurkers to lynch town "for town."

My readlist is as follows:
Town:
Soul. Despite that hard wagon on me, I think his heart is in the right place. No scum would EVER tunnel someone this strong by themselves.
BK. I've played with BK before, and this is definitely his style as town. Unless he plays scum like he plays town, which I doubt, this screams town to me.
Huntress. As busy as she is, I do not see her lurking as scum. In fact, there's been some great town posts from her.
Me
Null:
RC. Im'm really up in the air about him. Sometime he comes off as arrogant town and sometimes he comes off as scum.
Scum:
The Worst: This is more of a lean than a read. Something is pinging me on him, but I don't know what. I'm uncomfortable lynching him atm, but we'll see what happens.
KK: Still feel like she's scum. I still see no actual work to town, just wagon jumping and a lot of AfR,
Text: SSeems to sheep KK, and has also contributed littla as far as I can see. He's also giving me a scummy vibe.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #981 (isolation #40) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:19 pm

Post by James Brafin »

1) Figured out The Worst. He's avoiding questions instead of answering them head-on. Super weird, but I still don't fell like it's enough to vote yet.
In post 842, Kiana Kaslana wrote:
In post 838, RadiantCowbells wrote:@Kiana hardclaim please so we know what the setup is at least?
No. If scum wants to know what I am, they'll have to kill me to find out. Since I'm pretty much never getting lynched this game, it doesn't matter what my role is.
This is scummy as FRICK. IF TOWN ASKS YOU TO HARD CLAIM, YOU DO IT!!!
In post 922, Flubbernugget wrote:Oh, text claimed doc

My life is much easier now
This feels like either a PR crumb or a scumslip. My guess is that it's not a scumslip because of how blatant it is.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #983 (isolation #41) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:26 pm

Post by James Brafin »

I was. I hadn't read to the claims yet, sorry. That throws both out of the window, so right now my scumteam is you and KK.
I say we go after KK. she feels like she's flailing to me.
Also, and totally unrelated:
Love all of God's creatures. Give them kindness. And let tehm be at peace with one another. Do not eat ducks, for they ae our brothers.
#DuckLivesMatter.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1010 (isolation #42) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:47 am

Post by James Brafin »

A) From experience you should know that just because scum claimed doesn't mean they aren't scum pretending to be town. That's what we saw in the previous game, and it's possible that's what is going on here. Because of how weird the claim was, I wouldn't honestly expect it from town. Soul makes a good point; why would doctor out themselves day 1?
B) Both #1007 and #1008 strike me as scummy. While TG could be faking doctor, there is no way RC can with the current claims. KK's vote looks really stupid. As for Flubber, this feels like a soft sheep and like it might come from scum. I'm up in the air on him right now...
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1018 (isolation #43) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:35 am

Post by James Brafin »

I HATE to move my vote, but unless a wagon forms on KK fast, I may have no choice. In that scenario, I'd be cool with The Worst, TG, or Flubber.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1029 (isolation #44) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:38 pm

Post by James Brafin »

There is a cop-only setup though. It's not unreasonable to assume that that's what we're in right now, and TG is lying to protect themselves.
I'm willing to believe RC though. Though his play has been aggravating and looked scummy to me, there's no reason not to believe his claim.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1032 (isolation #45) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:35 pm

Post by James Brafin »

I thought you claimed cop.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1036 (isolation #46) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:50 pm

Post by James Brafin »

That was to RC...
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1039 (isolation #47) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:34 pm

Post by James Brafin »

Geez. No need to get violent.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1040 (isolation #48) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:35 pm

Post by James Brafin »

You're a liar. I just looked, you didn't actually claim anything, you just cced.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1047 (isolation #49) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:42 am

Post by James Brafin »

I did not follow that logic at all.
A) You've never actually claimed a role, you've only counter-claimed a role that never claimed, which means nothing. You're not conftown.
B) Everyone not on the wagon cannot possibly be scum. Maybe people don't agree that he looks scummy to you?
C) The third sentence makes no sense to me. please explain.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1068 (isolation #50) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:11 am

Post by James Brafin »

With so little time left in the day, I'll claim intent to hammer. BK doesn't strike me as scummy at all, but a mislynch is better than no lynch, I suppose. If he's scum, I'm going to be shocked. If not, my next lynchtarget is RC, because he's been pushing this whole thing really hard, he never actually claimed until someone pointed out he didn't, and his recent posts have seemed unsensical. I mean, why jump off a wagon like that, then just hop back on, esp. since that was his major scumread? And he wants Hunter, another scumread, to sheep him? What's up with that?
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1075 (isolation #51) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:48 am

Post by James Brafin »

In post 942, RadiantCowbells wrote:I cc PR btw: Kiana is no longer locktown for the claim.

Doc on me love you text <3
A) What CC Nea?
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1076 (isolation #52) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:51 am

Post by James Brafin »

And B)
In post 1068, James Brafin wrote:With so little time left in the day, I'll claim intent to hammer. BK doesn't strike me as scummy at all,
but a mislynch is better than no lynch
, I suppose. If he's scum, I'm going to be shocked. If not, my next lynchtarget is RC, because he's been pushing this whole thing really hard, he never actually claimed until someone pointed out he didn't, and his recent posts have seemed unsensical. I mean, why jump off a wagon like that, then just hop back on, esp. since that was his major scumread? And he wants Hunter, another scumread, to sheep him? What's up with that?
THis is old site play that I picked up a while ago. A lynch on the first day supposedly always gives info to the town, no matter what.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1083 (isolation #53) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:34 pm

Post by James Brafin »

I guess. Why do you feel the need to ask permission?
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1088 (isolation #54) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:23 pm

Post by James Brafin »

Dude, that is not funny.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1093 (isolation #55) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:40 pm

Post by James Brafin »

You mean scumread for bad play?
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1109 (isolation #56) » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:41 am

Post by James Brafin »

Just from interaction on day 1 I'm inclined to a Kiana/soulshade or Kiana/Flubber scumteam. RC is obvtown, as is worst and huntress (both been super active and scumhunting). On the fence about Flubber/Soul because both have been rather scummy; Flubber feels like a lurker and soulshade has not contributed much.

And I'm glad we have confscum now. I knew she seemed scummy!
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1110 (isolation #57) » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:43 am

Post by James Brafin »

While typing up the previous post, I came to a starting conclusion:
How does soulshade KNOW RC was lying? Because the only way that's possible is if he knows who the other power role is and the only way he can know that is if...
HE'S SCUM.

VOTE: Soul
This is L-1 guys, no need to speed lynch.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1114 (isolation #58) » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:02 am

Post by James Brafin »

Well, "super active" is a stretch, I suppose. But when the have been active, they have hunted. You, on the other hand, don't strike me as working very hard to out scum.
@RC: I thought you had an innocent on Kiana? (Making my scumteam flubber/soul the scumteam. I misread your post, sry.)
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1116 (isolation #59) » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:11 am

Post by James Brafin »

What's inno?
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1118 (isolation #60) » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:15 am

Post by James Brafin »

So Kiana is town, you are town.
kk.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1120 (isolation #61) » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:20 am

Post by James Brafin »

Is that not what you are trying to tell me? I'm so FREAKING confused.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1123 (isolation #62) » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:25 am

Post by James Brafin »

So my scumteam is exactly where it was. Great.
But my point still stands, there is no way that soul should be able to respond to a "no inno" on Kiana. I have a feeling that's a scumslip.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1125 (isolation #63) » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:05 am

Post by James Brafin »

I don't think so. This is coming across more like he's trying to blow you off.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1130 (isolation #64) » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:29 am

Post by James Brafin »

Really? RC is lying with a un-cced PR claim? Just because RC was lying doesn't mean that he's lying now. Plus, he's not the one who called you scum. I was.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1184 (isolation #65) » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:16 am

Post by James Brafin »

The fact that Huntress has stuck to her scumread on me for two days has me confident she's' town. IT doesn't strike me as a very scum-like move to focus so intently on one player.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1194 (isolation #66) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:46 am

Post by James Brafin »

Despite reservations of scum, I'm sorry to see her go.
However, though I feel that most replaces are NAI, this one strikes me as scum-aligned. Replacing out because "the game is bad" and "you are dead to me" is kind of weak.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1196 (isolation #67) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:12 am

Post by James Brafin »

Yep yep. Let's get serious here.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1198 (isolation #68) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:18 am

Post by James Brafin »

*sighs*
My reads are KK, Soul, and Flubber. If we could get a confirm on one of them, I would be much happy. I will explain if anyone asks, but I'm super busy today (School to do, videos to record for our YT channel, guitar to practice), so it may be a while.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1202 (isolation #69) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:15 am

Post by James Brafin »

Those were scumreads. I read you, me, huntress and RC as town, and Kiana, Soul, and Flubber as scum.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1235 (isolation #70) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:17 am

Post by James Brafin »

In post 1228, RadiantCowbells wrote:Anyway let's get this day moving for real.

VOTE: Flubbernugget
Is this just a vote, or is this your guilty?
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1240 (isolation #71) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:00 pm

Post by James Brafin »

In post 1237, thenavneet wrote:Ok so I've re-read all of D2. Here's my quick and dirty readlist
James Brafin - Null. Honestly can't remember much of his posts from D1
???????

How can you NOT REMEMBER my posts? And this is not an arrogant standpoint btw, so don't try that. They are literally right there for you to read; you don't even have to remember them.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1251 (isolation #72) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:00 am

Post by James Brafin »

If no one else agrees with us, how is this an easy lynch?
This makes about 0% sense.

On Flubber, I feel like while he's posted quite a bit, quantity =/= quality. It seems to me he's made a lot of general, sort of piggybacking posts, and I don't like that. It looks like he's trying to look like town without actually helping town to me. Like (dare I say it) a grass-colored sheep.

I think I need to Iso KK and see if I feel like she was actually scum, because Flubber has been flying under my radar for a while, and a wise man once told me that it's those players that are the scummiest.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1253 (isolation #73) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:32 am

Post by James Brafin »

What thing?
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1257 (isolation #74) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:15 am

Post by James Brafin »

In post 1202, James Brafin wrote:Those were scumreads. I read you
(You being TW)
, me, huntress and RC as town, and Kiana, Soul, and Flubber as scum.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1259 (isolation #75) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:20 am

Post by James Brafin »

Kk.
Town: Me, RC, TW
Townlean: Huntress
Null: N/A
Scumlean: Kiana, Flubber
Absolutely, totally scum: Soul

If I HAD to shoot another player, it would probably be Kiana's slot.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1265 (isolation #76) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:59 am

Post by James Brafin »

1) He's posted little in terms of actual scumhunting on day 1 (Less than Flubber!) and been super under-the-radar. He doesn't really do anything productive for town.
2) He really won't commit to any scumteam until...
3) He gets scumread, and then he gets super OMGUS-y and defensive.
4) And then tries to do a flippant, AtE approach, which I feel is even more suspect.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1271 (isolation #77) » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:22 pm

Post by James Brafin »

When I get scumread, I do get a tad flippant. Other than that, no. Do YOU see any of those behaviors in my playstyle?
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1283 (isolation #78) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:02 am

Post by James Brafin »

Yeah, my scumteam is Flubber/Soul. Flubber's last bit just seems fabricated, and Soul is obviously flailing.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1293 (isolation #79) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:56 pm

Post by James Brafin »

I'm chill, it's just that soul is scum imo.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1298 (isolation #80) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:18 pm

Post by James Brafin »

Interesting. If I'm wrong on soul, My bet is on KK. The attempts to soft CC from that slot are super sus to me. But I think that you, me, hunter, and TW are town.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1317 (isolation #81) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:12 am

Post by James Brafin »

They might be. That's probably not unlikely. I just can't see Huntress as scum.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1324 (isolation #82) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:54 am

Post by James Brafin »

@Mod: Will be V/La tomorrow.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1340 (isolation #83) » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:22 pm

Post by James Brafin »

He's had a few issues with some newbie games recently...
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1369 (isolation #84) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:09 am

Post by James Brafin »

Wahoo! That feels great. :)
My reads, on that note, have not changed: Soul is obvscum, KK is probscum, and Flubber is probscum.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1371 (isolation #85) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:08 am

Post by James Brafin »

That's a great idea, but we should, as a rule, make days as long as possible. Long days == more scumhunting == better chance to catch soul's scumbuddy.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1431 (isolation #86) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:30 am

Post by James Brafin »

WHAT THE CRUD.
So we actually have an unclaimed power role somewhere?
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1438 (isolation #87) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:30 pm

Post by James Brafin »

Not true.
RF's claim on my spot was a reaction test. He was what he said he was, but he didn't really confirm me...
At least, I think that's what he's saying.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1446 (isolation #88) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:38 am

Post by James Brafin »

Considering all the play we've seen in this game, I'd be comfortable with saying the soulwagon was all town.
That being said, that helps us about 0% because TW was obvtown anyways. :p
I may need to flowchart this...
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1449 (isolation #89) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:38 pm

Post by James Brafin »

Flubber is pushing like a boss. But this could be SvS.
Probably going to need a flowchart.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1451 (isolation #90) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:31 pm

Post by James Brafin »

No, but some SvS combat early in D3 could protect you both and make you look townie.
BTW, I'm super paranoid in Lylo, so expect some crazy-ass crap from me today.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1456 (isolation #91) » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:33 pm

Post by James Brafin »

Been too busy to do much, but will have time all day tomorrow. You can expect it then.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1461 (isolation #92) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:07 am

Post by James Brafin »

Flubber, you do realize that this does nothing for you, right? If Huntress doesn't get speed hammered, it puts at least 1 scum between her and you. All you are doing is narrowing down our lynch pool to her and you today, and I think others agree with me when I say you are the higher-canidate lynch today.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1463 (isolation #93) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:43 am

Post by James Brafin »

Oh. :P
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1465 (isolation #94) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:20 pm

Post by James Brafin »

AtE, AtA, and all kinds of bull, not to mention a double-vote. Yeah, Flubber is prob-scum. Of course, it's suicide for town to vote and be wrong, a fact that you seem to be blatantly ignoring, so I'll just leave this at a Fos.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1468 (isolation #95) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:34 am

Post by James Brafin »

Sorry, I've been super busy and had no time to make my alleged flowchart. :p
For posterity, tho, I'd like to put up a flubber/KK scumteam. That seems like the most likely case to me.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1536 (isolation #96) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:55 am

Post by James Brafin »

WOW. This right here is why I wanted the flowchart.
Agreement on TW, your case on him is pretty good (namely the fact that he claims Flubber is sus, but has never voted on him). Unless he pulls up a fast defense, I'll vote there most likely.
Still more confident that Flubber is scum than Huntress tho, because if that was the case, TW did have some voting on Huntress if I remember correctly.
Not going to lie, RC really drives me nutso. The strongarming made it really hard for me to get anything done D!, and that's always my most useless day anyways, so it bogged everything down. Otherwise I would have for sure flowcharted day 2 and possibly gamesolved (Yes, I've done it before).
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1537 (isolation #97) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:56 am

Post by James Brafin »

You good, catchup is normal.
This is actually a mid-to-late strat for me. It helps town a ton to look at stuff from the point of view of a new player.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1539 (isolation #98) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:58 am

Post by James Brafin »

But if Huntress is scum, you'd expect at least a little retaliation, no? Not like OMGUS (That's bussing or townie here, I think) but at least a "Hey, this is why your vote is stupid" type of thing. And even though we've pointed out that Flubber is risking a quicklynch, he didn't remove his vote, which leads me to believe he KNOWS it's not going to happen because he's scum.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1540 (isolation #99) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:58 am

Post by James Brafin »

Lol scum I'm not stupid. AS town I don't't vote in Lylo, I HAMMER in lylo.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1544 (isolation #100) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:03 am

Post by James Brafin »

A) Huntress is super busy right now modding, so that lowers her post count. Therefore, I expect less interaction and less hunting from her. However
B) She has asked many questions and has actively scumread in posts #1208, #948, which, while lacking a ton of content, seems to me to come from scumhunting town.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1545 (isolation #101) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:03 am

Post by James Brafin »

GTG but be beck soon, I'm helping my bro with a project.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1618 (isolation #102) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:47 am

Post by James Brafin »

Something's off about all of this. Like, It's great idea but it seems to have a flaw.
TW is starting to feel like flaily scum.
TW, Why do you feel the need to tell Kat that there is daychat for scum?

Could Kat/Worst be the scumteam? Them voting each other doesn't prove anything, they could very easily be bussing. All of this could be faked.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1657 (isolation #103) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:13 am

Post by James Brafin »

My apologies, life is insane right now.
ATM I think the best move is to take out TW, and then go for the other scum tomorrow based on what information we have.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1659 (isolation #104) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:37 am

Post by James Brafin »

I'm still suspicious. I feel like there's a deliberate flaw in your thinking, but I can't pinpoint it exactly. If there is, I'd love for you to explain it at the end of the game XD!

That being said, I'm happier with Flubber more than huntress. At least Huntess has contributed some, while I feel like Flubber has contributed absolutely 0% to this game. He feels like super lurk-y scum.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1711 (isolation #105) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:23 am

Post by James Brafin »

MAGES.
Too much has happened. But I'm with TW on this. I have meta that this is his town play, while you obviously do not.
Sorry if this screws us, town.

VOTE: Kay
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1724 (isolation #106) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:01 pm

Post by James Brafin »

Not if, as you suggest, TW was scum.
At any point you could have crossvoted with your partner.

Sorry guys.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”