Newbie 743: Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:40 pm

Post by Thok »

Official Vote Count

elvis_knits (2): (LunaLouise, rajrhcpfreak)

Debonair Danny DiPietro (1): (monsoonhaze)
rblinker123 (1): (Debonair Danny DiPietro)
podium123456 (1): ($user)
J_Slr (1): (rblinker123)
LunaLouise (1): (podium123456)
$user (1): (J_Slr)
rajrhcpfreak (1): (elvis_knits)

monsoonhaze (0):

Not Voting (0):

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:38 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

Original Roll String: 1d2
1 2-Sided Dice: (2) = 2
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:40 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

unvote

vote: rblinker123

scummiest from first impressions.
Show

raj's to do list:

podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:54 pm

Post by podium123456 »

unvote: LunaLouise
vote: Elvis_knits

for voting against your fellow IC out of the gate
LunaLouise
LunaLouise
Goon
LunaLouise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:26 am

Post by LunaLouise »

rajrhcpfreak wrote:
Original Roll String: 1d2 (STATIC)
1 2-Sided Dice: (1) = 1
Que ? I've probably missed something, but you rolled a two outcome die for....?

podium123456 wrote:

Is this still random or a serious vote change ?
Never let Shadows rule your life
http://www.lunalouise.com

[b]V/LA 15th through 25th of May[/b]
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:55 am

Post by elvis_knits »

LunaLouise wrote:
rajrhcpfreak wrote:
Original Roll String: 1d2 (STATIC)
1 2-Sided Dice: (1) = 1
Que ? I've probably missed something, but you rolled a two outcome die for....?
I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. Maybe he thought two people were scummy off his first impressions? If so, raj, who was the other person?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:29 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

yes you are right. i found two people equally scummy from my their fist vote, other than e_k.

so i rolled a die to see which one i should attack first. the second one will stay hidden so i can examine how he continues to act.

but i want to know something e_k...

you voted me. you know since i hate random voting, i usually vote for the person who votes for me.
since you are 'good' you willingly just got a townsperson to vote for you, not very helpful since in your eyes you are good.

since my action is predetermined, the question is: why do you want a vote?
are you trying to make me look suspicious, since you are the only person that knows my play style and the others are obvlious to my unconventional play style?

IGMEOY
Show

raj's to do list:

podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:39 am

Post by podium123456 »

LunaLouise wrote:
podium123456 wrote:

Huh? When did i vote random, and why wouldn't you think that is a serious vote change?

:?
J_Slr
J_Slr
Townie
J_Slr
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:51 am

Post by J_Slr »

rajrhcpfreak wrote:yes you are right. i found two people equally scummy from my their fist vote, other than e_k.

so i rolled a die to see which one i should attack first. the second one will stay hidden so i can examine how he continues to act.

but i want to know something e_k...

you voted me. you know since i hate random voting, i usually vote for the person who votes for me.
since you are 'good' you willingly just got a townsperson to vote for you, not very helpful since in your eyes you are good.

are you trying to make me look suspicious, since you are the only person that knows my play style and the others are obvlious to my unconventional play style?

IGMEOY
you found people scummy because of their first votes?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:59 am

Post by elvis_knits »

rajrhcpfreak wrote:yes you are right. i found two people equally scummy from my their fist vote, other than e_k.

I don't know why you would want this information to stay hidden.

rajrhcpfreak wrote:but i want to know something e_k...

IGMEOY
We've played together a lot, so I do know that you always OMGUS whoever random votes you. The fact that you would inevitably vote me doesn't matter much to me. I figured I would unvote you when someone seemed scummier, and that you would unvote me. Random votes don't usually lead directly to a lynch. And I saw this more as an opportunity to explain OMGUS to newbies who had never seen it.

And why do you think I'm trying to make you look bad? I always defend you in games... and always vouch for your meta -- that you're a little bit unconventional and play by gut.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:00 am

Post by elvis_knits »

podium123456 wrote:
LunaLouise wrote:
podium123456 wrote:

Huh? When did i vote random, and why wouldn't you think that is a serious vote change?

Oh you're serious. What's wrong with voting my fellow IC? And why don't you care that he also voted me?
Talk nerdy to me.

podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:23 am

Post by podium123456 »

elvis_knits wrote:
Oh you're serious. What's wrong with voting my fellow IC? And why don't you care that he also voted me?
Why would you think i'm not serious?

Well, if you are mafia, it would make sense that you would want to vote out the one person that is experienced, so you could have a better chance of manipulating the newbies. But, no one took the bait and voted with you. Now, 'apparently', you are citing the reason above for doing it... which might just be a convenient explanation to throw people off your tail after it didn't work out.

Not sure if i buy the 'i wanted to show people what OMGUS is, even though it puts me in danger' reason.

....very suspicious before your explanation, and a little suspicious after it
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:35 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Why are you so sure raj is town? I voted him, but he could be either. If I vote him and he's scum, voting him is good. If I vote him and he's town, it's not even that bad since it was just a random vote. One vote does not make someone in danger of being lynched.

It seems like you're assuming raj is town.

The only players who could be sure are scum. Scum are more informed than town, and I think you are showing this extra info.

unvote raj; vote podium
Talk nerdy to me.

J_Slr
J_Slr
Townie
J_Slr
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:48 am

Post by J_Slr »

er....
elvis_knits, podium123456: You two are acting oddly to my mind!

First off, a random vote for any player is not going to be taken seriously when a player gets close to a lynch. Right?

Secondly, claiming you wanted to show newbs what an OMGUS was, I am not sure I like your reasoning tbh, it seems a little forced.

All in all though I find the 2 of you rather suspicious in that this strikes me as an experienced player and new player both scum trying to distance from each other.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:54 am

Post by podium123456 »

elvis_knits wrote:Why are you so sure raj is town? I voted him, but he could be either. If I vote him and he's scum, voting him is good. If I vote him and he's town, it's not even that bad since it was just a random vote. One vote does not make someone in danger of being lynched.

It seems like you're assuming raj is town.

The only players who could be sure are scum. Scum are more informed than town, and I think you are showing this extra info.

unvote raj; vote podium
I'm not sure if raj is town or not, that has nothing to do with considering your vote suspicious for the reason given. I have nothing to go on at this point, and instead of voting randomly i would rather have a reason for the vote. At the time i voted for you, and presently, you are the only person whose activity smells.

You also keep trying to switch the conversation to raj in regards to my reason for voting for you, even though i explained it in my initial vote post, as well as the first response to you...
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:58 am

Post by podium123456 »

J_Slr wrote:er....
elvis_knits, podium123456: You two are acting oddly to my mind!

First off, a random vote for any player is not going to be taken seriously when a player gets close to a lynch. Right?

Secondly, claiming you wanted to show newbs what an OMGUS was, I am not sure I like your reasoning tbh, it seems a little forced.

All in all though I find the 2 of you rather suspicious in that this strikes me as an experienced player and new player both scum trying to distance from each other.
I'm just trying to base my vote on something... tough to do on the first day, but i am comfortable with the decision based on what i observed. What have i done that raises suspicion, in your eyes?

And don't say it was the way i wrote 'confirm'!!! :D
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:07 am

Post by elvis_knits »

podium:

Explain to me how my vote on raj is bad if he's scum.

Explain to me how my one vote put raj in danger of being lynched.

If we follow your reasoning, nobody should be voting either IC. That would be stupid.
Talk nerdy to me.

rblinker123
rblinker123
Goon
rblinker123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:14 am

Post by rblinker123 »

rajrhcpfreak wrote:
unvote

vote: rblinker123

scummiest from first impressions.
Raj i dont see how random voting someone for the look of the avater is showing impressions of been a scum lol.
J_Slr
J_Slr
Townie
J_Slr
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:19 am

Post by J_Slr »

podium123456 wrote:
I'm just trying to base my vote on something... tough to do on the first day, but i am comfortable with the decision based on what i observed. What have i done that raises suspicion, in your eyes?

And don't say it was the way i wrote 'confirm'!!! :D
Hey I didn't even write 'confirm' :P
Actually back onto the 'confirm' thing, I am probably rajrhcpfreak's other suspicious first voter :P

As for you seeming suspicious, its more the reasoning, about him wanting to get rid of his fellow IC. While that makes sense, this should only work if he actually made a decent case, instead of just throwing out a vote with no plausible reasoning.
LunaLouise
LunaLouise
Goon
LunaLouise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:36 am

Post by LunaLouise »

podium123456 wrote:
LunaLouise wrote:
podium123456 wrote:

Well, usually a game of Mafia is opened with random or joke voting, because the theory is that it's the quickest way to jump start conversation. As you can see, it worked for us too. It's quite common for players to pick people they know and random vote by making up a complete non-reason, just to acknowledge them. My vote for elvis_knits was my way of welcoming a player that I have previously encountered in a game (I choose her puppy avatar, because she and I will remember that in the game we saw each other in last, orangepenguin already teased her with her avatar in the random voting stage).

But reading your response to my question, I see that what I took as your first random vote wasn't actually random. With my explanation above, does your outlook on my random vote change ?

As for the second question, I was unsure of your vote change, because for reasons explained above, elvis_knits' 'welcoming' vote for her fellow IC did not strike me as odd at all, because I assumed that was her head-nod acknowledgement to rajrhcpfreak. So because I never doubted elvis_knits' vote, I couldn't quite gauge whether for you it was a random vote too. Apparantly, you were serious for both votes.

Again, all this said, has that changed your views on my and elvis_knits' votes ?

LunaLouise
LunaLouise
Goon
LunaLouise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:54 am

Post by LunaLouise »

rajrhcpfreak wrote: but i want to know something e_k...

IGMEOY
Wow, isn't this WIFOM ?

I just see you trying to stretch the table to turn on itself. So elvis_knits voted for you, so you would vote back and she would be able to cry OMGUS in random voting ? Everyone knows that wouldn't have flown anyway, so why are you stretching ?

podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:54 am

Post by podium123456 »

J_Slr wrote:
Hey I didn't even write 'confirm' :P
wait
a minute... maybe i should take a closer look at you.... ;)

J_Slr wrote: As for you seeming suspicious, its more the reasoning, about him wanting to get rid of his fellow IC. While that makes sense, this should only work if he actually made a decent case, instead of just throwing out a vote with no plausible reasoning.
:D

Mmm yeah, i hear you. I was operating (in my head) under the premise that
if
*she was mafia, it would be a perfect opportunity to throw raj's name out without having to state a reason, and hope that other people play follow the leader.

Again, not much... but it's the only case i see that can be made out of the game so far. If she would have replied with "well it was just totally random", it would be more natural... but coming out with the story about doing it to show what an OMGUS vote is, keeps the "something doesn't seem right" flag up IMO.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:56 am

Post by podium123456 »

^^ that smiley after your second quote shouldn't be there FYI... can't edit it out
LunaLouise
LunaLouise
Goon
LunaLouise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:03 am

Post by LunaLouise »

Oh, and can I request that the ones that do not have an avatar yet get one ? With avatars the picture makes conversations easier to read, 'cause it's immediately clear who is writing. Thanks !

rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:26 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

elvis_knits wrote:And why do you think I'm trying to make you look bad? I always defend you in games... and always vouch for your meta -- that you're a little bit unconventional and play by gut.
OK just making sure. you could have gone either way with that. and if you went the way i mentioned then i would have known you were bad.
J_Slr wrote:you found people scummy because of their first votes?
you'd be surprised the subliminal messages people give off. with out even knowing it.
rblinker123 wrote: Raj i dont see how random voting someone for the look of the avater is showing impressions of been a scum lol.
i wasnt voting you on the specific reason. i voted for your justification. the act of using of smiley faces and lol makes your posts feel light hearted and nonabrasive even though you place a second vote and you change your vote the next post.

in your first three posts in the game you dont post any content, i know its early in the game. BUT you were the first to post after the *gag* random voting stage *gag*.

So usually random voting stage happens and then a shameless bandwagon. but after everyone random votes, you removed yourself from the largest bandwagon for another random vote. i can write off a useless random vote for everyone but continuing the stage longer than nessissary makes me feel like you want to look like your contributing but actually putting no content.

also continuing random voting keeps you from taking any heat for bandwagoning.
J_Slr wrote:Actually back onto the 'confirm' thing, I am probably rajrhcpfreak's other suspicious first voter :P
How did you know,
FOS

LunaLouise wrote:
Wow, isn't this WIFOM ?

I just see you trying to stretch the table to turn on itself. So elvis_knits voted for you, so you would vote back and she would be able to cry OMGUS in random voting ? Everyone knows that wouldn't have flown anyway, so why are you stretching ?
Its WIFOM after i made the statement, "since my action is predetermined, the question is: why do you want a vote?"
but that is the real question.
so that is why i had my eye on her.
and it is still on her because of her lame OMGUS excuse.

i guess i can help out too.
n00b tutorial wrote:IGMEOY - i got my eye on you
OMGUS - oh my god you suck
FOS - finger of suspicion
Show

raj's to do list: