Newbie 977- A Death in Sudotopia, Scum Wins!

Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #0  (ISO)  » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:45 pm

An unknown, unnamed NPC has died in Sudotopia, and now it's time to react the only way we know how- with vigilante mob justice.

Game Over! Congratulations to esuriospiritus and foilist13

Alive!
esuriospiritus (IC)

Dead!
robocopter87 ksun482, Townie, lynched Day One.
Super Smash Bros. Fan Beanman, Townie, killed Night One.
sd75, Townie, lynched Day Two.
foilist13 (SE), Mafia Goon, lynched Day Three.
Friend Guthrie, Doctor, killed Night Three.
PieMan, Townie, lynched Day Four.
AlmasterGM (SE), Townie, killed Night Four.
Trendall, Townie, killed in post-game.
Last edited by Sudo_Nym on Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:34 pm, edited 9 times in total.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.

Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #1  (ISO)  » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:45 pm

Rules post:
1. First and foremost, this is a game, and that means everyone is supposed to have fun.
2. Days last for three weeks, or until a majority vote for a lynch has been reached. Votes must be bolded- e.g. Vote: Sudo_Nym Luckily, this is now automatic, using vote tags.
3. For ease of bookkeepping, please unvote (e.g. Unvote) before changing your vote to somebody else. It isn't absolutely required, but is much appreciated.
4. If no majority is reached within the three week time limit, then it goes down as a no lynch, so I suggest you be active.
5. I reserve the right to shorten the deadline to encourage activity, as necessary, or to extend the deadline under special circumstances, but don't expect it to happen.
6. The mafia gets to kill one person every night. I don't care who submits the kill to me, so long as the mafia agrees.
7. The mafia is allowed to talk to each other at night via PMs. They may not talk during the day, and if you aren't mafia, then you don't get to PM the other players at all.
8. DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. I am so not kidding.
9. I will prod you after 48 hours with no activity, and start looking for replacements after 72 hours. If you know you'll be away, though, let me know, and we'll work something out.
10. I post in Red. This is my color, for posting important mod stuff. Don't use red. You can have any other color, if black isn't good enough for you.
11. You may not discuss this game outside of this thread until it is complete.
12. You may think you've found a way around my rules, but trust me, you haven't. Loopholes are punishable by death.
13. I am always right, but if you think I'm not, send me a PM, and I'll point out where you were mistaken.
14. The mod is your friend, and will help when necessary, though I can't discuss game specifics. You also have an IC, who is here to give in-game help. Note, however, that this doesn't guarantee that they're townies; their alignment is randomly assigned as well.
15. Using encryption schemes, small or invisible text, or similar to try and break the game is forbidden. Remember that you're here to learn, and breaking strategies don't help that.
16. Discussing this game outside this thread (or in PMs, if you're the mafia) is forbidden until the game is over, and is punishable by modkill. Discussing other games that are still in progress in this thread is forbidden, and is punishable by modkill.
17. Remember, you agreed to a code of honor when you joined the site.

I know that seems like a lot of rules, but most of them should never come up, if we all play nice.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.

Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #2  (ISO)  » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:46 pm

This game is under the F11 setup, which is now the standard for newbie games on the site, and was adopted to prevent game-breaking. It will feature one of the following formats, randomly selected:

- 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, vs. 1 Sane Cop, 1 Sane Doctor, 5 Townies
- 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker vs. 7 Townies
- 2 Mafia Goons vs. 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies
- 2 Mafia Goons vs. 1 Sane Doctor, 6 Townies.

Note that, under the first two setups, if the goon dies, the roleblocker will still be allowed to kill in addition to roleblocking, and may select different targets for his abilities.

The following are copies of the role pms that may be sent out during this game, with the names excluded, natch:

Townie- You are a member of the town, out to root out the mafia and defend your town. You don't have any special powers, beyond your ability to think, reason, and vote. You win when the mafia is dead.

Cop- You are a sworn police officer, and defender of the town. Each night, you may investigate a player. Every night, PM me the name of the player you wish to investigate, and I will tell you if that player is town or mafia. You may only do this once each night, though, so choose wisely. You win when the mafia is dead.

Doctor- You are a trained medical professional, and defender of the town. Each night, you may protect a player. Every night, PM me the name of the player you wish to protect; if that player would be killed during the night, that kill is cancelled and the player will continue to live. You may only protect one player every night, and this protect continues only for that night. You may not protect yourself. You win when the mafia is dead.

Mafia- You are the mafia, the scum of the earth, and your partner is crime is (insert name). During the day, you may post and vote like any other player, but at night, things get sinister. You and your partner may talk at night to discuss strategy and who to kill: PM me the name of the player the Mafia wants to wack, and that player shall snuff it.

Mafia Roleblocker- You are the mafia, the scum of the earth, and your partner in crime is (insert name). During the day, you may post and vote like any other player, but at night, things get sinister. You and your partner may talk at night to discuss strategy and who to kill: PM me the name of the player the mafia wants to wak, and that player shall snuff it. You also have the power to roleblock another player- PM me the name of the player you want to block, and if that player has a night power, they will be blocked from using it that night.

Admittedly, I may have overdone it on the flavor, so if you have any questions about your actual abilities, feel free to ask me via PM or your IC in thread, and one of us will be sure to clarify.

Trendall
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3  (ISO)  » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:06 pm

/confirm

sd75
Townie

Post Post #4  (ISO)  » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:44 pm

/confirm

foilist13
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5  (ISO)  » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:00 pm

/confirm

I'm your very own SE (lesser version of the IC), so shoot any questions my way.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."

AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6  (ISO)  » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:18 pm

/confirmsauce

I'M ALSO AN SE AND I'M BETTER THAN FOILIST13 SO ASK ME YOUR QUESTIONS, NOT HIM.

Or better yet, ask the IC since they are actually here to help you, whereas my sole mission is to crush the scum without mercy.

PieMan
Goon

Post Post #7  (ISO)  » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:08 pm

/confirm

also Id say I qualify as an SE even though my MAfia training comes from playing off board in contact with people.
and did I just read we have 3 weeks to decide to kill someone or not?
Simple Simon met a pieman going to the fair;
Said Simple Simon to the pieman "Let me taste your ware"
Said the pieman to Simple Simon "Show me first your penny"
Said Simple Simon to the pieman "Sir, I have not any!"

foilist13
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8  (ISO)  » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:38 pm

Lol, I'm an IC in reality, but having two accounts means only half your experience counts.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."

foilist13
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9  (ISO)  » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:40 pm

@PieMan: Yes, 3 weeks is a pretty short deadline though.

esuriospiritus
I Reject Your Corporeality...

Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #10  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:22 am

/confirm

Hullo thar, I will be your friendly neighbourhood IC for this game. This is my first time as an IC, but feel free to ask me any questions you may have, even stupid ones. They're probably not as dumb as you think they are. :D Just be prepared for a long-winded answer, because when I am enjoying a game I tend to be very. very. wordy.

I've got one of those nifty I AM AN IC LISTEN TO MY ADVICE lists all typed up and ready to go, but I'm not sure if I should post it yet because it is full of theory and awesomeness. Might wait until after the confirm phase in hopes that it helps jumpstart discussion. Might get impatient and post it in five minutes. idk.
I didn't kill him 'cause he was crazy.
I killed him 'cause he was makin' sense.

esuriospiritus

Post Post #11  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:47 am

OH LOOK I HAVEN'T POSTED MY LIST OF THEORY AND AWESOMENESS YET MY SELF-RESTRAINT IS AMAAAAAAZING

...ahem. Don't mind me, I get silly when I am sleep-deprived, which is, like, all the time lately. Remedying that shortly.

Foil, your sig is entirely too true. Luckily it made me laugh, so I don't have to kill you. :D

slptiem. When I wake up I expect all newbies to have gotten their butts in here and confirmed... or else >_O

Beanman
Goon

Post Post #12  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:15 am

comfirmative!

AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:15 pm

foilist13 wrote:Lol, I'm an IC in reality, but having two accounts means only half your experience counts.

What's your other account?

foilist13
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:17 pm

Gerhard Krause

ksun482
Townie

Post Post #15  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:06 pm

\confirm
I am always scum. Always. Including in this game.

Trendall
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:20 pm

I'm delighted that there are two Pokémon in this town.

Guthrie
Goon

Post Post #17  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:58 pm

/confirm

esuriospiritus

Post Post #18  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:03 pm

Guthrie and Ksun, you should get avatars. It makes it way easier to see at a glance who is saying what.

Marshun
Townie

Post Post #19  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:51 pm

/confirm

sd75
Townie

Post Post #20  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:44 pm

is that everyone?

Trendall
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:48 pm

Looks like it, yes, including someone who isn't even on the list.

Marshun
Townie

Post Post #22  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:39 pm

Nevermind, wrong thread.

esuriospiritus

Post Post #23  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:55 pm

lol.

PieMan
Goon

Post Post #24  (ISO)  » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:25 pm

Ok, down to killing people tiem YAY!
Simple Simon met a pieman going to the fair;
Said Simple Simon to the pieman "Let me taste your ware"
Said the pieman to Simple Simon "Show me first your penny"
Said Simple Simon to the pieman "Sir, I have not any!"

Next
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games