Newbie 1095 - Game Over!

Enigma
Mafia Scum

Post Post #0  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:25 am

Welcome to Newbie 1095 - Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs!
Moderated by: Enigma
Backup: Nobody Special

"Mirror Mirror on the wall, whose in the Land is the fairest of all?"
"You, my princess Snow White is the fairest of them all."

Snow White was deeply in love with her new found prince charming. It seemed like happily ever after wasn't just a fairy tale.

But the dwarfs had grown sick of their new neighbors. They were kind souls who generously offered lodging to the new couple, but with all the paparazzi stalking them, Snow White had clearly overstayed on their goodwill. They tried to subtly encourage her to relocate, but that was fruitless.

After the umpteenth time of being blinded by paparazzi's camera flash, the dwarfs couldn't stand it anymore. She had to leave now. It was time for a more hands on approach. After all violence was the key to everything.

Arriving at Snow White's cosy little cottage, the Dwarfs could find neither hair nor hide of Snow White or her Prince Charming. Heading back home, they suddenly realised that the 7 dwarfs now numbered 9! It seemed that Snow White and Prince Charming had disguised themselves as dwarfs! Guess you need to start lynching some people until you find the imposters. And I wouldn't expect Snow White or Prince Charming to go without a fight either.
Thanks to VRK for help in writing the flavor.

Game Information
Game Status
Game Over

Deadline
N/A

Player List
Xtoxm EnNar* dysorder* thunderbear
Acronach
Silver1337
Dadd*
Stefunny*SE
hiplop nameloc1986* Slaine Hayes*
zMuffinMan* GMan*
Does Bo KnowSE
KorlashIC

* Indicates the number of prods a player has received.

Role Reveal
Spoiler:
Acronach, Vanilla Townie, Lynched Day 1.
Korlash, Vanilla Townie, Died Night 1.
Silver1337, Vanilla Townie, Lynched Day 2.
Xtoxm, Vanilla Townie, Died Night 2.
Stefunny, Vanilla Townie, Lynched Day 3.

hiplop, Vanilla Townie, Endgame.
Dadd, Town Cop, Endgame.

zMuffinMan, Mafia Goon, Survives and Wins 1095.
Does Bo Know, Mafia Goon, Survives and Wins 1095.
Game Links
Day 1 Begins | Day 2 Begins | Day 3 Begins | End Game

Rules
All site wide rules apply, unless explicitly specified.

1. General Etiquette
a) Mafia is a game. Enjoy yourself! Being respectful will ensure other people also enjoy the game.
b) I will not stringently patrol for personal attacks against each other. However, if the another player requests you to stop, cease that type of behavior immediately.
c) You have been given a win condition. You are expected to play towards that win condition.
e) If you would like me to notice something in game, please post it in the format Mod: Hi! or I may miss it.
f) Please do not post in the game if you are not a player.
g) I reserve the right to change or update any rules.

2. Communication
a) Do not discuss this game outside of this thread unless explicitly specified.
b) Do not quote your role PM or any moderator related communications. Paraphrasing is acceptable. Don't push it.
c) If you die, you are permitted one "bah" post with no game related content.
d) If you die, you will be given access to a dead quicktopic. Bear in mind that this will be shared publicly postgame. Do not share this link with anyone.
e) Do not use any invisible/hard to read text or cryptography.
f) If you have the ability to edit you posts, don't. I will gladly edit any minor mistakes if you request it.
g) Mod posts will be in bold brown. Please do not use anything resembling this color.
h) Flavor is provided purely for your entertainment purposes. I reserve the right to be lazy and not provide any flavor at all.
i) Scum may use their quicktopic for 48 hours once role PM's have been sent or until day 1 begins, which ever is longer.
j) All night actions must be submitted by PM as stated in your role PM, or they will not count.
k) Do not post if the thread is open if the mod has declared a lynch/opening scene is incoming.
l) Do not post in any night quicktopics once daybreak has been announced.

3. Voting
a) Votes must be bolded, at the start of a line. I take no responsibility if your vote is not acknowledged if it is camouflaged in a wall of text.
b) Unvotes are nice but are not necessary.
c) Do not abuse voting to intentionally mislead other players. This includes fake hammers and such.
d) Abbreviations are acceptable as long as it is obvious who you are referring to.
e) A lynch occurs when a majority is reached. For an odd number of players, this is (n+1)/2. For an even number of players, this is (n/2)+1.
f) Votes posted after the deadline has elapsed as stated by the countdown link will not be counted.
g) If no majority is reached by the deadline, a No Lynch will occur.
h) You may vote for No Lynch. It requires a majority minus one votes to happen unless the game is in LYLO where it will require majority votes.
i) Votes by a player being replaced are defaulted to not voting upon the replacement's arrival.

4. Deadlines and Activity
a) All newbie games have a fixed day deadline of 3 weeks.
b) Nights will have a maximum deadline of 72 hours, and minimum deadline of 48 hours.
c) You may request a deadline extension in extreme circumstances, and maybe granted at my own at my own discretion depending on the game situation, and replacements as such.
d) If no night actions are submitted by the time the night deadline expires, you will forfeit your action. Any night actions changes submitted after 48 hours risk not being accepted.
e) All night actions follow the Natural Action Resolution system unless otherwise specified.
f) Please aim to post at least every 48 hours. You will receive a prod if you do not post within a 72 hour interval. You have 24 hours to respond to the prod via in-game post (or PM if thread locked) before you are replaced.
g) Players may request an earlier prod for another player, given the other player has not posted for 48 hours.
h) You will be automatically replaced if you receive 3 prods, or 2 prods in the same game day.
i) Please announce all V/LA's in thread or via PM. I will keep track of all V/LA's in vote counts.
j) I will send out a PM to any player who has not posted within 24 hours of daybreak, informing them that day has begun. This does not count as a prod.

5. Consequences
a) Minor rule infringements will result in a private warning.
b) Major or continued rule infringements will result in a modkill or force replacement.
c) If you are modkilled you will be turned into a Neutral Survivor and auto lossed.

Sample Role PM's
All newbie games have a 9 player semi open setup known as F11.

One setup will be chosen at random from the following options, and roles distributed randomly amongst the players.
F11 Setup2 Mafia Goons, 1 Town Cop, 6 Vanilla Townies
2 Mafia Goons, 1 Town Doctor, 6 Vanilla Townies
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Vanilla Townies
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Town Cop, 1 Town Doctor, 5 Vanilla Townies

Note, in F11 setups, both the Cop and Doctor are guaranteed to be sane.

You know there exists at least 1 of each of the roles below:
Vanilla TownieHi there Player!

Welcome to Newbie 1095, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs ... and Bambi!

You are one of the seven dwarfs, Doc, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, Bashful, Sneezy, and Dopey. You really don't care much about the happenings of the world and would just like to continue living in your blissful peace. Unfortunately due to recent happenings, there are issues that can no longer be ignored.

It appears that your idol Snow White has eloped with Bambi. This is unacceptable. You will not stand for this treachery. It is time for you to all step in and make a difference if you wish to see your peaceful way of living protected. Snow White and Bambi must be purged.

You are a Vanilla Townie.

During the day, you have one vote which you can use to further your agenda.
Unfortunately for you, you have no active nor passive abilities, bad luck!

Abilities: None.
Win Condition: You win when all the Mafia have been evicted from your community.

Confirm via game post.
Good Luck!
Mafia GoonHi there Player!

You are Snow White or Bambi. Finally that annoying "charming prince" is no more, and can no longer meddle in your true love with each other. Nothing will ever stand in the way of your love for each other.

But it seems that these dwarfs are unimpressed with your actions. You must also dispose these irritating pests before you can live together happily ever after.

You are a Mafia Goon.
Your partner is Player, who is a Mafia XXX.

Abilities: None.
Team Abilities: Each night, you may discuss in The Hideout on one player whom you wish to Night Kill, and have the person who will be performing the action to PM me with the target.
Win Condition: You win when all the Mafia have a majority of alive players or if nothing can prevent the same.

Confirm via game post.
Good Luck!

You know that there may be 1 or none of each of the roles below:
Town CopHi there Player!

You are one of the seven dwarfs, Doc, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, Bashful, Sneezy, and Dopey. You really don't care much about the happenings of the world and would just like to continue living in your blissful peace. Unfortunately due to recent happenings, there are issues that can no longer be ignored.

It appears that your idol Snow White has eloped with Bambi. This is unacceptable. You will not stand for this treachery. It is time for you to all step in and make a difference if you wish to see your peaceful way of living protected. Snow White and Bambi must be purged.

You are a Town Cop.

Abilities: Each night you may PM me with a player whom you wish to Investigate. You will receive either Guilty or Innocent based on their allegiance, or No Result if you have been roleblocked.
Win Condition: You win when all the Mafia have been evicted from your community.

Confirm via game post.
Good Luck!
Town DoctorHi there Player!

You are a Town Doctor.

Abilities: Each night you may PM me with a player whom you wish to Protect. That target will be protected from night kills, provided you aren't roleblocked. You will not be informed if you protection is successful or not.

Confirm via game post.
Good Luck!
Mafia RoleblockerHi there Player!

You are Snow White or Bambi. Finally that annoying "charming prince" is no more, and can no longer meddle in your true love with each other. Nothing will ever stand in the way of your love for each other.

But it seems that these dwarfs are unimpressed with your actions. You must also dispose these irritating pests before you can live together happily ever after.

You are a Mafia Roleblocker.
Your partner is Player, who is a Mafia Goon.

Abilities: Each night you may PM me with a player whom you wish to Roleblock. Any night actions that target performs will fail.
Team Abilities: Each night, you may discuss in The Hideout on one player whom you wish to Night Kill, and have the person who will be performing the action to PM me with the target.
Win Condition: You win when all the Mafia have a majority of alive players or if nothing can prevent the same.

Note: You may perform both Night Kill and Roleblock if you are the only member of the Mafia team alive.

Confirm via game post.
Good Luck!

Miscellaneous
If you have any questions about the game, feel free to ask the IC. They are here to help. Otherwise, you can also PM me and I will try to offer what assistance I can.

You may find the following links helpful:
Last edited by Enigma on Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:02 am, edited 29 times in total.

Enigma
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:30 am

Flavor is in the process of being completed and role PM's are being sent out now.

Please ensure you have read and understand the rules of this game.

The game will begin when 7 out of 9 players have confirmed. No votes will count until I declare that day one has begun.
Players have 48 hours to confirm before they risk being replaced.

Good luck and have fun! :)
Last edited by Enigma on Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

GMan
Goon

Pronoun: He

Post Post #2  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:18 am

/confirm
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world."

Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:46 am

/confirm
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0

Acronach
Goon

Post Post #4  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:51 am

/confirm

Dadd
Goon

Post Post #5  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:53 am

PM'd as well, but

/confirm

Dadd
Goon

Post Post #6  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:54 am

I know a GMan on another messaging board.

Korlash
Krap Logick

Post Post #7  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:38 am

mrifnoc\
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!

Silver1337
Goon

Post Post #8  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:52 am

/confirm
I'm a lurker.

Slaine Hayes
Goon

Post Post #9  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:13 pm

/confirm

Korlash
Krap Logick

Post Post #10  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:04 pm

Anyone else feel a little creeped out over the subject matter governing this games plot? I mean I know Disney was into some weird things, but come on... Seven men living together? Eww... *shudders*

Anyway, should be seven by my count. Just waiting for the flag to be dropped so we can go after these trouble makers... Stef and thunder, sounds like a scum pair if I ever saw one...

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!

Dadd
Goon

Post Post #11  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:07 pm

I'm ready to go. Slow day at work.

Korlash
Krap Logick

Post Post #12  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:19 pm

Right on, getting priorities straight. it goes kids, other important family members, mafia games, self, mother-in-laws, food, WoW(if you're into it, if not substitute Minecraft), then work...

Seeing good things from you here Dadd... Keep up the good 'work'. *wink*

Dadd
Goon

Post Post #13  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:24 pm

lawl

Posting on forum boards is my only fun computer time. No WoW for me. :(

So all in this game are new to this forum, not necessarily mafia, right?

Korlash
Krap Logick

Post Post #14  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:32 pm

Well we seem to have an unusually large amount of SE players so I could saat least half of us have played multiple games here before. As for the mafia experience of thee other newbies I couldn't say.

Should I assume then that you have had former jaunts into the exciting world of Tele- eh, mafia elsewhere in one form or another then Dadd?

Dadd
Goon

Post Post #15  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:47 pm

I've played a little bit on a football sim message board. Which probably means I have misconceptions and will suck at it here.

:(

Korlash
Krap Logick

Post Post #16  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:52 pm

ok, lets work on that. What are your conceptions? how did the games work on your other site? And what do you expect from this one?

Dadd
Goon

Post Post #17  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:09 pm

Maybe not so much "misconceptions" as I've played with those guys before and know their personalities, and it may not work here.

Dadd
Goon

Post Post #18  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:10 pm

And is this a trap?

:eek:

Korlash
Krap Logick

Post Post #19  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:26 pm

*scribbles in notebook* ... Subject... Paranoid...

What do you mean by 'trap'?

And everyone else, feel free to jump in anytime...

Dadd
Goon

Post Post #20  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:38 pm

I read a few other threads.

I'm guessing you're our den mother?

Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:40 pm

Korlash wrote:And everyone else, feel free to jump in anytime...

*jumps in*

Well, Day 1 can start whenever. I'm Does Bo Know, which can be abbreviated as "Bo" or "DBK"; I don't mind either one. The term "SE" should be used loosely under my name, as I have only played 2 games (as proven in my sig). My SE rules consist of following the Mod's rules and keeping yourself from being stupid. Don't be afraid to ask questions about small things like abbreviations and why some scum tells are made; we'll be happy to answer.

@Dadd, this isn't technically a "trap" as much as it is just getting to know the players. Since you have claimed that you usually play a lot with people you know, Day 1 is the perfect opportunity to get to know your players and learn their reactions.
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0

Dadd
Goon

Post Post #22  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:49 pm

I was joking with the "trap" comment. :)

I'm fine with some getting to know you time.

I enjoy playing games to have fun. And I'm usually pretty even-keeled. Oh, and sarcastic.

Korlash
Krap Logick

Post Post #23  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:54 pm

ha, I wish I was a den mother... then I could force you lot to sell cookies for me... No I'm just... um... How to put it, a slightly more senior member? If this was lord of the flies I'd be the dude with the conch... If this was a slightly more popular book I'd be a prefect... Which seems to imply at some point you will grow to hate me and intentionally sneak off behind my back to cause trouble... I'm watching you...

Bo wrote:Well, Day 1 can start whenever. I'm Does Bo Know, which can be abbreviated as "Bo" or "DBK"; I don't mind either one.

If my track record holds true I'll have made up some stupid nickname for half the players here by the end of day 1... Odds are I'll end up calling you Sonny... Ironically a lot better then my first choice, ratbutt... So things are looking up for you I guess..

Stefunny
Goon

Pronoun: She

Post Post #24  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:07 pm

Hello ladies n gents.

/confirm

I'm Stefunny, you may call me Stef if you'd like. I've played a few games on site now and am trying to work on my play style.
I am most active weeknights and weekends as I work a Mon-Fri 7-4 type job.

I like to have an idea of what timezone everyone is in. I am PST, how about you guys?

(Offtopicrealquick) @Korlash, you play Minecraft? Have you seen the mafia minecraft server yet? =D
Show

Next
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games