Newbie 1115 - Nexustown Massacre Game Over. Scum win

Nexus
miss

Pronoun: He

Post Post #0  (ISO)  » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:03 pm

Nexustown was once a quiet village on the outskirts of Mafiaville. It used to be a nice village, until one night, the Mayor, Mayor Nexus, was murdered. You had to find the culprits, otherwise you may all follow.

Moderator: Nexus.

Player List:
(Bolded means confirmed)

Donatello avasthearties ** Thomith - Mafia Rolecop - Survived
hiphop (IC) - Mafia Goon - Survived

*prodded

The IC(s) are here to help you learn to play the game. Their play is governed by the wiki article Being a Good IC.

Dead Players:

Pvt Slate - Town Cop - Lynched Day 1
StefanB - Vanilla Townie - Killed Night 1
Vifam - Town Doctor - Lynched Day 2
Humchuckaninny - Vanilla Townie - Killed Night 2
Megatron (SE) Parama SE - Vanilla Townie - Lynched Day 3
Suzumebachi * hiplop - Vanilla Townie - Endgamed Day 3
Twistedspoon (SE) - Vanilla Townie - Endgamed Day 3

Deadline/Lynch threshold:
Last edited by Nexus on Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:53 am, edited 39 times in total.

Nexus
miss

Post Post #1  (ISO)  » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:03 pm

The Rules:

Rule 0. Don't be a jerk. Please adhere to the site rules, and especially don't get personal. Personal attacks may lead to ejection (possibly immediate) from the game. Be nice. Play to win. It's only a game.

General:

- Please adhere to the site rules.
- Do not discuss this game of mafia outside of this thread unless your role PM allows you to do so.
- Day phases will last exactly 3 weeks.
- Night Phases will last 72 hours.
- During night phase, no talking may be done in the thread at all.
- Do not quote PM's from the mod at all (real or fabricated). Paraphrasing is acceptable.
- If you have any questions about your role, or the game, feel free to PM the mod.

Voting/PlayerActions:
- All votes must be in bold format: vote: Nexus for example.
- Try to unvote before voting. Unvotes must also be in bold.
- Any and all votes will be counted, if you wish to waste a day phase voting for someone not in the game,that's fine by me.
- You may vote No Lynch.
- Voting tricks are not acceptable. If you misspell someone's name intentionally, but I get the gist of it, the vote will count.
- A lynch will occur once a majority decision is reached. If no majority is reached by deadline, then no lynch shall occur.
- Following a lynch, it is twilight. You may continue to post until I lock the thread and declare it night.
- If you are killed, one Bah! type post is permitted. No game related information must be relayed during them, however.
- If you have a Night Action, you may not submit an action during Night 0 (aka confirmation stage). Each subsequent night, you may submit an action to me via PM.

Activity:

- You are expected to post at least once every 48 hours. If you haven't posted for 48 hours, I shall prod you. If you do not respond to the prod within 48 hours (either in thread if it's Day, or via PM during the Night) then I will replace you.
- Similarly, if you require more than three prods, I will force-replace you.

Mechanics:
- Blue is my colour. Please don't use it.
- Do not edit your posts at all.
- No impossible/hard to read text, or cryptography.
- The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
- Do not use spoiler tags. You have no need to do so. Doing so will invite a warning.
- If you need to get the mod's attention, either PM me, or bold the text you wish to draw to my attention.
- I reserve the right to alter/remove/add any rules as I see fit. You will, of course, be notified if that happens, however.

Nexus
miss

Post Post #2  (ISO)  » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:08 pm

The 2of4 setup is a test game format we’re trying out in Newbie games to get around balance issues with the F11 setup. To prevent the development of game-breaking strategies, these Newbie Games are Semi-Open, wherein the actual game setup is randomly chosen as detailed below:

1 Mafia Goon
1 Mafia RoleCop
5 Vanilla Townies
2 of the following (no duplicates possible): (Cop 25%, Doctor 25%, Jailkeeper 25%, Vanilla Townie 25%)

Notes

The RoleCop has the option of submitting both the night kills and investigations, even when the Goon is still alive.
Mafia must specify who is performing what Night action when the Night action PM is submitted!

These are the Role PMs that have potentially been sent to the players:

Mafia Aligned:

XXX you are a Mafia Goon. You, and XXX (Mafia Rolecop) are part of the local mafia crime family. You are determined to take over the town by any means necessary, so when night falls, you're going to try and eliminate them, one by one.

During the day, you must try to blend into the crowd, and try and avoid suspicion. You have the ability to vote for a lynch, and you must use this vote to ensure someone other than your or your partner gets lynched.

During the night, you or your partner have the ability to kill one member of the time. You can decide between yourselves who you will kill by discussing it in this quicktopic here:

You must PM me during the Night with who you want to kill, and who will be performing the kill. You or your partner may submit the kill, and your partner may choose to rolecop and kill if you wish.

You can also communicate during the confirmation period in your quicktopic, but once the game begins, you may not communicate together again until night falls. Please do not communicate with each other in any other way at any time.

You and your partner will win the game when your number equals or exceeds the number of alive Town players, even if one of you dies before the end.

The game thread is here:

Please confirm that you've read and understood your role PM and are ready to play by replying to this PM with your role name.

XXX you are a Mafia Rolecop. You, and XXX (Mafia Goon) are part of the local mafia crime family. You are determined to take over the town by any means necessary, so when night falls, you're going to try and eliminate them, one by one.

During the day, you must try to blend into the crowd, and try and avoid suspicion. You have the ability to vote for a lynch, and you must use this vote to ensure someone other than your or your partner gets lynched.

You, as a mafia rolecop, have the ability during the night to investigate another player and learn their specific role (Townie, Cop, Doctor or Jailkeeper). If you are blocked by the Town Jailkeeper then you will receive a PM stating "No Result."

During the night, you or your partner have the ability to kill one member of the time. You can decide between yourselves who you will kill by discussing it in this quicktopic here:

You must PM me during the Night with who you want to kill, and who will be performing the kill. You or your partner may submit the kill, and your partner may choose to rolecop and kill if you wish.

You can also communicate during the confirmation period in your quicktopic, but once the game begins, you may not communicate together again until night falls. Please do not communicate with each other in any other way at any time.

The game thread is here:

You and your partner will win the game when your number equals or exceeds the number of alive Town players, even if one of you dies before the end.

Please confirm that you've read and understood your role PM and are ready to play by replying to this PM with your role name.

Town Aligned:

XXX, you are the Town Cop. You have the ability to investigate one of your town each night.

Ability:

Investigate - Each night while you are alive, you can PM me the name of one person who you wish to investigate. You will then find out whether they are guilty or innocent in a return PM, unless you are jailkept by the Town Jailkeeper, in which case you will get "No result" All results are 100% reliable.

You win when all threats to the town are removed.

The game thread is here:

You may not communicate with any other player outside of the thread at any time.

XXX you are the Town Doctor. You have the ability to protect one of your town from death each night.

Ability:

Protect - Each night while you are alive, you can PM me the name of one person who you can protect from a night-kill. You may not protect yourself.The person you target will not be killed that night.

You may not communicate with any other player outside of the thread at any time.

The game thread is here:

XXX, you are the Town Jailkeeper, and you have the ability to ensure that anyone you think is undesirable is unable to do anything bad during the day.

Abilities:

Jailkeep: Once per Night you are able to PM me the name of a player you wish to send to jail during the night. Sending them to jail will prevent them from using a Night action. Neither you nor your target will be aware of whether your own action was successful. You may not put yourself in jail. The person that you jail will be protected from night kills, but may still be targetted by other night actions (i.e. they can be investigated).

The game thread is here:

XXX, you are a Vanilla Townie, you have no abilities.

Abilities:
None

You do however have your vote, use it wisely.

The game thread is here:

Last edited by Nexus on Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nexus
miss

Post Post #3  (ISO)  » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Role PMs are going out now. The game will start when I receive 7 out of 9 confirmations.

Edit: All PMs have been sent out. The day will start when I get 7 out of 9 confirmations.

Nexus
miss

Post Post #4  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:39 pm

If Johnthemaster and Shadeking26 don't pick up their role PMs within 24 hours, they will be replaced. Avasthearties has 48 hours to pick up his role PM, as he is replacing Donatello. Elsewhere, Parama replaces Megatron.

Nexus
miss

Post Post #5  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:24 am

7 out of 9 have confirmed, so day 1 begins now. With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Deadine is on the 1st July 2011, at 9am GMT.

You may post.

hiphop
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:44 am

vote parama For being an IC, in an SE spot.

Too tired to actually write an IC post, so I will delay it till tomorrow, or should I say later today.
Show

Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:09 am

Hey everyone. Nice to get back to SE'ing again. :]

I know parama from Fishbowl among other games. I was pleasantly surprised when he was plucked from the queue into this game

hiphop wrote:vote parama For being an IC, in an SE spot.

so am I though :/
therefore your point is invalid

VOTE: hiphop
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape

Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:52 am

ugh

I just realised this isn't F11

I am dissapoint

~Screwtape

pikajens
Townie

Post Post #9  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:00 am

Hey TwistedSpoon!

I know JTM from mtgsalvation. I am going to pm him and get him to post here. I don't know why he forgot about us.

VOTE: TwistedSpoon for being the worst scum ever in the last game.
Show

Pvt Slate
Townie

Post Post #10  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:49 am

VOTE TWISTED SPOON

Because most townies are only strong enough to bend them. Scum are strong from massacring so many people to actually twist them.

Also, can we get some Time Zones Going?

I'm EST.
Sincerely Pvt. Slate
Preparing for the zombie apocalypse for over 0.423 10^-1 Centuries!
My profile image is an Electric Bear Riding an Electric Shark Riding a Lightning Bolt and was drawn by and 8 year old on a napkin, it has since been turned into their family crest. http://boingboing.net/2011/05/31/electric-bear-riding.html

Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:56 am

pikajens wrote:VOTE: TwistedSpoon for being the worst scum ever in the last game.

I was awful that game

I'm never usually that bad

It was sooo embarrassing :oops:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm GMT

also, a nice question would be how much experience everyone has, or if it's their first time

finaly, how often can we expect to see posts from each of you?

~Screwtape

Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:04 am

Twistedspoon wrote:I'm GMT

oh when I say GMT i don't mean like the eww Lincolnshire GMT :roll:

It doesn't matter

I'm active. On everyday etc.

~Screwtape

Pvt Slate
Townie

Post Post #13  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:06 am

Cool,

Very First Game! I have read over a few other newb games for a tips and just to understand how to vote better though.

And I'll be very active until later this month when i'll slow down a bit but will still be on.
Sincerely Pvt. Slate
My profile image is an Electric Bear Riding an Electric Shark Riding a Lightning Bolt and was drawn by and 8 year old on a napkin, it has since been turned into their family crest. http://boingboing.net/2011/05/31/electric-bear-riding.html

Parama
Survivor

Post Post #14  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:16 am

Too tired to actually write an IC post, so I will delay it till tomorrow, or should I say later today.

I'M NOT AN IC.

I have no clue how to play 2of4. This is gonna be fun :D

Random.org told me that Suzumebachi and pikajens are scum.

Lemme vote: Twistedspoon in that case.

I'll keep an eye on those two scumbuddies though ;)
Show

Johnthemaster
Townie

Post Post #15  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:05 am

VOTE: Pikajens for being the only person here I know.
We'll I'm new here, too lazy to put something in my signature, and just too god dang handsome.
Wait a minute...

I LOVE YOU MISH!

Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:06 am

Pvt Slate wrote:Cool,

Very First Game! I have read over a few other newb games for a tips and just to understand how to vote better though.

And I'll be very active until later this month when i'll slow down a bit but will still be on.

awesome.

you're already better than I was for a first timer. In my first game my first post consisted of rolefishing and a bad doc claim. needless to say scum won and I got lynched

The wiki has some useful articles. A few are outdated due to a constantly changing metagame but there are still some precious ones. Is an article I read when I joined up. I find it somewhat useful but it's been criticised recently for being too patronising to newbies. :/

but I like to think I'm better now :roll: :P

it also looks like I'm the only one here who's IC'd a game before. But since It's hiphop's first time I won't be taking the front seat. He needs a fancy IC reviews from this game to get his stripes.

anyways. Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

~Screwtape

pikajens
Townie

Post Post #17  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:56 am

Parama wrote:

I'M NOT AN IC.

I have no clue how to play 2of4. This is gonna be fun :D

Random.org told me that Suzumebachi and pikajens are scum.

Lemme vote: Twistedspoon in that case.

I'll keep an eye on those two scumbuddies though ;)

VOTE: PARAMA for having such a mancrush on me that he didn't listen to his random.org findings.
Show

Parama
Survivor

Post Post #18  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:14 am

The optimal play here is to put Twisted at L-1, ask him his reads on every player, in order, then lynch his #3 scumpick.
Or if someone quickhammers, we lynch them regardless of what Twisted flips. I'd actually say it's more likely for scum to quickhammer a buddy than it is for scum to quickhammer town.
Show

Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:33 am

objection

optimal play would be to put twisted at L-1 then lynch the player who actually put the me at L-1.
It worked in a mafia called town

and my reads on every player are undeveloped at this stage

~Screwtape

avasthearties
Townie

Post Post #20  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:35 pm

HELLLLLLOOOOOOO NEXUSTOWN! It's so great to meet all of you wonderful people :D . I'm sure we'll have lots of fun getting to know each other and hunting down the dastardly devious death-dealers among us. To start, I'm going to have to vote:Johnthemaster because there's no way I'm going this whole game with that eye staring at me.
Twistedspoon wrote:I'm GMT

also, a nice question would be how much experience everyone has, or if it's their first time

finaly, how often can we expect to see posts from each of you?

Well, I'm CST, this is my first game, and I'll try to post a few times a day if I can (although I will be gone most of this Saturday).

Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:44 pm

avasthearties wrote:To start, I'm going to have to vote:Johnthemaster because there's no way I'm going this whole game with that eye staring at me.

dude, that was an eye?

I thought it was a chromatogram :roll:

~Screwtape

avasthearties
Townie

Post Post #22  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:47 pm

Whatever it is, it's sure the last thing I want staring at me all game... although your weasel thing may almost be as bad ;)

Pvt Slate
Townie

Post Post #23  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:50 pm

[quote="avasthearties"]HELLLLLLOOOOOOO NEXUSTOWN! It's so great to meet all of you wonderful people :D . I'm sure we'll have lots of fun getting to know each other and hunting down the dastardly devious death-dealers among us. To start, I'm going to have to vote:Johnthemaster because there's no way I'm going this whole game with that eye staring at me.
[quote="Twistedspoon"]

I don't think trying to kill people is fun. It's justice and its dirty. You're a horrible human being and thusly scum.

VOTE: TWISTED SPOON VOTE: AVASTHEARTIES Because you said that trying to sound innocent. Trying to sound innocent is scummy; trying to find scum is not.
Sincerely Pvt. Slate

avasthearties
Townie

Post Post #24  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:51 pm

Hey, I didn't say the killing was fun, just the detective work that leads to it. You don't have an problem with detective work, do you?

Next
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games