Newbie 1228: Happy Anniversary! GAME OVER.

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Newbie 1228: Happy Anniversary! GAME OVER.

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:30 am

Post by Haylen »

Newbie 1228: Happy Haylen Anniversary!
Moderator: Haylen
Backup Moderator: No one, however JordanA24 has access to my account if necessary.

You lot have received a special invitation to celebrate Haylen (ruler of the worlds) 3rd birthday on site, what better way to do this than have a PARTY! So you all come to her house and have a nice get together, disco and party food but you sense there's something fishy afoot. Suddenly the lights go off, when they come back on you make the horrific discovery of a noose hanging from the ceiling. It situation is obvious. The host is a psycho, knows two of you are evil and wants you all to fight to the death using logic and lynching to outwit your way out of her house alive. Good luck!

Alive and Kicking (7/9)

Maestro
(Rep. NackFL D1, LBJ confirmations)

tbeals46
(Rep. Bobby Dean, D1)

frog
(Rep. coolguy confirmations)

Ziggler (SE)
(Rep. mario and lugi confirmations)

Spoiler: Suffering from a bad case of Dead
Gen_Wolf - Vanilla Townie - Lynched Day 1.
Seanald - Vanilla Townie - Killed Night 1.
SaintKerrigan - Vanilla Townie - Lynched Day 2
Ziggler - Town Doc - Killed Night Two

Uberninja - Mafia Rolecop - Lynched Day 3

ArcaneSaint - Town Cop - Killed Night 3

Spoiler: Smited AKA modkilled
You can avoid your name being here by keeping to the rules, for most I offer a 3 strikes and your out policy unless the infraction is severe.

Rules
Setup Information

Day One begins
Maestro replaces NackFL, pg 3. D1.
Last edited by Haylen on Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:13 am, edited 21 times in total.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:30 am

Post by Haylen »

Haylen's Rules (Cross referenced with Incognito and Vi's rules to makes sure she got everything.)

During the Day...

The game is a Day Start.
You must bold your votes as such
Vote: Battle Mage
, please put the unvote where I can see it though, at the bottom of the post preferably. Unvoting makes me happy, but isn't completely necessary.
Each Day will have a deadline of 3 weeks, not reaching a majority of votes during that time will result in a no lynch. I may extend the deadline in special circumstances. I may also reduce the deadline by one day each time if activity does not pick up. Don't lurk. Lurking makes me sad :(
Mafia may not speak to each other during the day, lest you be smited.
You may not quote your role PM's or any other communication outside thread, with the mod. Lest you be smited.
I don't like cheaters.
(a)
Anybody who is found to be using invisible text, spoiler tags, encryption or anything as such will be smited unless they have an extremely good reason. Not knowing is not a good reason.
(b)
If you have the power to edit yours or anyone elses posts. Dont. Lest you be smited.
7a.
If you do not post within 72 hrs, you will receive a prod. Failure to response to the prod within 72 hrs will result in an automatic replacement. Three prods with result in an automatic replacement aswell.
b.
All mod communication should be opened as they are likely to contain important information about the game. This is to prevent mistakes with prods ect.
c.
If the third real life day after a prod is sent occurs during the night, then players are required to reply to their prod via PM. This is so that if a replacement is needed one can be found ASAP.
8. I require all players to PM me during the night so I know you're still here.

During Twilight...

Votes and unvotes will not be counted after a lynch.
The person lynched may still talk during Twilight.
Mafia still can't talk during this time.

During the Night Phase...

The Night Phase will last 72 hrs. I like this number. Any actions that have not been received by then will be forgone. (Night may end early if all actions are received)
If your role permits it, you may talk to the players I have given you permission to talk to during the night.
Mafia, whoever sends in the kill, don't try and kill your partners, I will not be messed with.
Don't try and impersonate the mafia by sending me fake action PM's, I will not appreciate it, and you will be smited.

General Rules...
I will not accept insulting behaviour in my games, anybody doing so will receive a nice, well worded warning from me in thread. Further breaking of the rule will receive a harsher punishment.
Blue is my colour. Dont use any kind of blue in your posts, I will count it as impersonating the mod and you will be smited. Sometimes I like to edit your posts, if I do I'll use my colour.
Never talk to anybody outside the game except if your role permits it, and I have told you you can talk now.
Don't piss off the mod. You will be smited.
If you think you have found a loophole with my rules, you haven't. I will recognise a loophole breakage and punish you accordingly.
Smitings (AKA) 'Modkills', means I kill you immediately (for breaking the rules) and change your role to Neutral Survivor, meaning you auto-lose. Smitings (AKA) 'Modkills' automatically end the day. Period.
Play to win, just like everyone else. Don't get disheartened if you're lynched or attacked, basically don't take anything personally. If you feel somebodies behaviour has been inappropriate PM me about it and I will deal with it in some form or another.
Thy mod is thy godess...however, I may make a mistake, if I do; PM me about it and I'll deal with it in some form or another.
If you need help PM me...or AIM me, I'm always online (except when I'm sleeping, or in a lecture.)
The mod is afraid of ghosts, don't post when you're dead, you will scare her. Leave it to end game discussion...
Treat this game as a commitment, and be courteous to your fellow players. It will make everybody, including your mod happy. :D
It is my prerogative to change the rules if I deem it necessary, you shall receive a notification in thread and a PM aswell to notify you of these changes.
I like receiving PM's, if anybody fancies PMing me for a chat or rant go for it. I can't talk about game specifics though, obv obv.

IC'SIC's are Inexperienced Challenged players, they are here to help you learn to play the game correctly. If you have any game or theory related questions, they will be happy to help you. If, however, you need help understanding your role or something role specific, you should PM me.

They must follow the roles set out in the Being a Good IC wiki page.

You may also find useful information on theory ect on the MafiaScum Wiki.

Mafia is a game of honor. Cheating is breaking the honor code you committed to when you joined this site.

And lastly...have fun!
Last edited by Haylen on Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:30 am

Post by Haylen »

This is going to be the new newbie setup. It's slightly different to the old one, although still contains 9 players.

1 Mafia Rolecop
1 Mafia Goon
5 Vanilla Townies
2 of the following (no duplicates possible): (Cop 25%, Doctor 25%, Jailkeeper 25%, Vanilla Townie 25%)

Possible Role PMs

Mafia Aligned

MAFIA GOONYou are a Mafia Goon, one of the 'baddies' of the city. You are one of the people who have been committing murder in the village. Along with your partner [playername] who is a Mafia Goon/Mafia Roleblocker, you must hide amongst the townies by day and kill them off at night.

You may not speak to each other during the day or outside this quicktopic. Any action not sent in via PM or any action sent in after deadline (even if it's by 1 minute!) will be void. Also, It must be stated who is doing the kill. The Roleblocker can do the kill and rolecop, obviously after the rolecop is dead you can't investigate anyone

You win when the mafia are the majority of players in the game or nothing can prevent the same.

To confirm, please state your role back to me via PM.

Game thread is [here]

ROLECOPYou are a mafia aligned [link to wiki]Rolecop[/link to wiki], your buddy is ... (who is a mafia goon). Each night, you are able to target another player in the game to find out what their role is. If you happen to be targetted by a Jailkeeper, you will receive 'No Result' as your investigation result. During the night phase, you and your buddy may communicate in this quicktopic, before the end of the night you must PM me your investigation target and either of you must PM me who you want to kill and who is performing the kill, unless I receive the name of the mafia member performing the kill, your kill will not happen. The rolecop is able to perform the kill and send in investigation targets, even if the goon is alive. The goon is not able to send investigation targets.

You may not speak to each other during the day or outside this quicktopic. Any action not sent in via PM or any action sent in after deadline (even if it's by 1 minute!) will be void.

You win when the mafia are the majority of players in the game or nothing can prevent the same.

Confirm via PM by stating your role.

Game Thread is [here]

Town Aligned

COPYou are a Cop, on the side of the town. During the day, you may vote to decide who you think is mafia. When it is night, you may send me the name of one player you wish to investigate via Private Message. Any action not sent to me via PM and before deadline will be void (even if it's only 1 min past deadline). You will get one of the following results:

Innocent - This means they are town.
Guilty - This means they are mafia.
Inspection Unsuccessful - Meaning you have been roleblocked.

You win with the town, when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Note: The only type of cop used in these setups are Sane Night Cops, they're the most common types of cop

Game thread is [here]

DOCYou are a Doc, on the side of the town. During the day, you may vote to decide who you think is mafia. When it is night, you may send me the name of a player you wish to protect at night. This means that that player will be protected from mafia night kills, unless you have been roleblocked. You cannot self-protect.

Any action sent in after deadline (even if it's by 1 minute!) will be void.

Note: Only Sane Doc's are used in these setups.

Game thread is [here]

JAILKEEPERYou are the town Jailkeeper, every night you can PM me the name of a player you wish to Jailkeep. This player will not be able to perform any actions (they will be blocked), in addition, they will be protected from any kills that target them during the night. I wont be telling you or your target if your action is successful. You cannot jailkeep yourself.

Any action sent in after deadline (even if it's by 1 minute!) will be void.

You win when all threats to the town have been destroyed.

Game thread is [here]

VANILLA TOWNIEYou are a Vanilla Townie, the only thing you have in the game is your vote and mind.

Game thread is [here]

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:30 am

Post by Haylen »

Sorry for the wait, guys, I've been waiting for players to confirm their roles, just replaced 4 people as it says in the OP. Sit tight. I'll be opening the thread tomorrow regardless of whether everyone has confirmed.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:16 am

Post by Haylen »

So I celebrated my scumday by being awarded the Behind the Scenes Help Scummie. Yay! Anyway, everybody except NackFL has confirmed, I will give him another day or two before replacing him.

Day One begins, with 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Deadline is Monday 7th May, 9pm British Time (GMT)

UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:31 am

Post by UberNinja »

Congratulations Hayl! I too am in debt to you for recovering Newbie 1206.

Vote: Seanald
for having a confusing name.
ArcaneSaint
ArcaneSaint
Townie
ArcaneSaint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:47 am

Post by ArcaneSaint »

Vote: frog
for being the only one with no capital letter in his name.
frog
frog
Mafia Scum
frog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:54 am

Post by frog »

Hi everyone, and happy anniversary Haylen!

Vote: Gen_Wolf
for being the only player with an underscore.
Ziggler
Ziggler
Goon
Ziggler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:32 am

Post by Ziggler »

vote uberninja
because he's a ninja
Gen_Wolf
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:31 pm

Post by Gen_Wolf »

Hello All! Its a pleasure to play a game with all of you! Before I begin, congratz Haylen :)

Anyways, I am your friendly IC for this game. My job during the game is to help the new players get the idea of the game and to just explain myself or someone else's actions where I feel need an explanation is needed. My role as an IC is outlined in this wiki article -> http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... _a_good_IC. When acting as an IC I will be independant of the role provided by Haylen whether I am scum, townie or a PR. I will not use my position as IC for strategical advantage. :)

Anyways, in my quest to dominate this game, I am joined by two very trusted wingmen, UberNinja and Ziggler. They are my trusty SE players (or semi-experienced). Please do not hesitate to ask questions, that is why we are here and between the three of us one of us will be able to help you out. Just on a side note, if your question has any reference to your role please PM Haylen. Other than that please feel free to ask questions and don't be scared or shy. Not so long ago I was in exactly the same position as you were and I wished i had asked a question or two more.

Next, we have all commited to the game and a productive game is one that is full of activity. Please try post as often as you can but atleast once every day or two keeps the game flowing smoothley and keeps it interesting. It also keeps Haylen happy as she doesn't have to send out Prod's, and trust me a happy Haylen is always a bonus :P An avatar (the small picture below your name) is always a bonus as well as it helps with 'putting a name to a face' per se. Just for mental reference.

Lastly, the main reason we are all here is to have FUN! :) At times I know it can get fiesty but lets try not make it personal. People will attack you and you will get frustrated but it is the nature of the game but I can assure you every game is unique and filled with plenty of excitement and fun so lets keep it like that.

Again, please feel free to ask any questions an have lots of fun.

Thanks Haylen for Modding!

:)
Gen_Wolf
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:35 pm

Post by Gen_Wolf »

First lesson :P Always proof read your posts as it saves you looking like a chop when you make a mistake :| Never edit one if you mistake like this chop above me (Me :P)

Anyways time to get voting... I would like to vote for Frog... but i wont :)

Vote: Bobby Dean
- You can't have two first names... your just being selfish! ;)
Jiggsbro
Jiggsbro
Townie
Jiggsbro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:56 pm

Post by Jiggsbro »

Vote: NackFL
for having all the letters of 'mafia' in their name (except three).
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:19 pm

Post by UberNinja »

As Gen_Wolf said... I, too, am here to help! If you have questions, ask away. I may give you a different answer than Gen_Wolf does, depending on how subjective the answer is, but I will do my best to make sure you understand the thought process behind my answer, and then you will have to make choices for yourself.

If you are a power role, don't ask anything about that obviously. Just look through the Mafia Discussion forum. I'll include some general advice on each of the possible power roles in the current Newbie Setup (called "2of4").

Cop (day play): One of my tips for playing cop is that if you suspect someone is scum during the day time, try not to go after them too much, or you'll raise their awareness of you as a good night kill. Your best bet is to lynch who you think is scum, but don't paint a target on your back. See also the *** at the bottom of this guide.

Cop (night play): Inspect somebody who you think has BOTH (not just one) of the following qualities: 1. You, personally, suspect them of being shady (whether they're trying to stay out of the spotlight, or something about them just rubs you the wrong way). 2. They're otherwise unlikely to be lynched, unless a guilty result is shown on them (a perfect example of this is the SEs and IC; they have less chance of being lynched because newbies look up to them).

Cop (claiming):
If you're a cop, don't claim until you have 2 innocent results, or 1 guilty result. If you have a guilty result you should claim it immediately, but don't claim the 2 innocent results until just before that next day is over. If someone you have an innocent result on is being wagoned, don't necessarily claim your innocent results on them, just try your best to convince the town to lynch someone else. At the same time though, you should watch the people on the wagon to notice how they get on and off the wagon; you may just find scum that way. If somebody else ever claims cop and you are the cop, counter-claim them immediately.

Doc (day play): Same as cop here, try to lynch scum, but don't be the sore thumb sticking out that's going to get killed as soon as night falls. See also the *** at the bottom of this guide. You are an important tool if there is a cop claim. If a cop claims, and there are no counter-claims, you should NOT claim, but you should (generally speaking) protect the claimed cop. If at any point the cop is found to be a liar, never protect him again, obviously.

Doc (night play): Don't ONLY try to protect who you think the other power role could be. The game is usually not won through cop results, but more often is won just through plain old fashioned scumhunting. If there is a townie that seems to be painting a target on their back, AND you think they're very likely to be town, go ahead and protect them. Don't protect someone you think is scummy, obviously.

Doc (claiming): It's generally best for the Doctor to NEVER claim. However, if there are two power role claims (not counting you) at any time, OR if somebody else claims Doc, do your best to lynch them, and if you don't think you can swing it, counter-claim them and say you are the real doc. You'll find lynching them is much easier after that.

Jailkeeper (day play):
Almost exactly the same as cop and doc. Try to avoid the night kill if you can by not being too outspoken. See also the *** at the bottom of this guide.

Jailkeeper (night play):
This one's a little trickier. You have to try to HIT scum at the same time as trying to MISS town power roles. You CAN use your jail action on scum and they'll still be able to be inspected by a cop, so don't try to avoid scum so that they can be investigated; that's a bad idea. You should try your best to jail scum anyway. If you are almost positive someone is a VT (i.e. not a power role), and you are not sure who the scum are but feel they might try to kill this individual, another plan is to use your jailkeep action on them; it will protect them from scum kills.

Jailkeeper (claiming):
As above, try not to claim if you don't have to. If there are two power role claims out there though, and you haven't claimed yet, then claim immediately and say that one of the other two is lying. If there is a duplicate Jailkeeper claim, then your job is just made easy because then you know exactly who is lying.

***As any power role, a good rule of thumb is to try not to do anything to attract TOO much attention to yourself, thereby making yourself an attractive night kill. If you aren't comfortable fading into the woodwork however, or you think that since I've just posted this that scum will be LOOKING for people that are trying to avoid attention, then play however you want and hope for the best. Don't play scummy enough to be run up for a lynch though, otherwise you will have to claim to save yourself, and that's NEVER good news.

If there is not a kill:

There are 4 possibilities.
1. The Doc targeted who the scum decided to kill, and protected them from being killed.
2. The Jailkeeper targeted who the scum decided to kill, and protected them from being killed.
3. The Jailkeeper jailed the scum who tried to make the kill, and blocked them from killing.
4. Scum decided not to kill to cause confusion (or because it was tactically the best choice... yes, this can happen).

So don't jump to conclusions, because you might just be wrong.

Hope this is useful!
Gen_Wolf
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:11 pm

Post by Gen_Wolf »

As i said! A very capable UberNinja... Good theory from him!

Jiggsbro... thats an interesting reason to vote... Almost as if you are mafia and that was your reason to not associate yourself with it!
Jiggsbro
Jiggsbro
Townie
Jiggsbro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:56 pm

Post by Jiggsbro »

Almost as if I was mafia? I am
almost
mafia. At least, I would have been mafia if I wasn't town. So that's almost a reason to vote for me to be almost lynched.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:35 am

Post by UberNinja »

Vote: Jiggsbro
ArcaneSaint
ArcaneSaint
Townie
ArcaneSaint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:41 am

Post by ArcaneSaint »

In post 14, Jiggsbro wrote:Almost as if I was mafia? I am
almost
mafia. At least, I would have been mafia if I wasn't town. So that's almost a reason to vote for me to be almost lynched.

:eek:
Did Haylen accidentally put a Jester in the game? Because this post just screams "
scum!
" in a not-really-subtle-at-all kind of way...
frog
frog
Mafia Scum
frog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:24 am

Post by frog »

In post 14, Jiggsbro wrote:Almost as if I was mafia? I am
almost
mafia. At least, I would have been mafia if I wasn't town.
So that's almost a reason to vote for me to be almost lynched

I'm not too sure if you'll only be almost lynched after this. Scummy post is scummy.

Unvote Gen_Wolf

Vote Jiggsbro
Seanald
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Seanald
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:30 am

Post by Seanald »

Who pooped on my front steps!!!
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:33 am

Post by Haylen »

Vote Count 1.1Jiggsbro (L-3) : UberNinja, Frog
Frog (L-4) : ArcaneSaint
UberNinja (L-4) : Ziggler
Bobby Dean (L-4) : Gen_Wolf
NackFL (L-4) : Jiggsbro

Not voting: NackFL, Bobby Dean, Seanald

To Lynch:
5/9
Deadline:
Monday 7th May, 9pm British Time (GMT)
V/LA:
None
Notes:
Last edited by Haylen on Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jiggsbro
Jiggsbro
Townie
Jiggsbro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:36 am

Post by Jiggsbro »

Mastin's Insane Tells #2 - The second vote on any given bandwagon, especially in newbie games, is more likely to be scum.

Unvote NackFL

Vote frog
Gen_Wolf
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:43 am

Post by Gen_Wolf »

In post 20, Jiggsbro wrote:Mastin's Insane Tells #2 - The second vote on any given bandwagon, especially in newbie games, is more likely to be scum.

Unvote NackFL

Vote frog

I lol'd at this... Do you know 83% of all facts are real?

Anyways, Jiggz you have started off with a scummy play! I theoretically have my vote on you but I don't want to quick votes after mine thus I am saving my vote we have 3 weeks for you to dig your hole deeper so i will let it play out!

Anyways, other than your shocking reason why do you think Frog is scum?
Jiggsbro
Jiggsbro
Townie
Jiggsbro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:53 am

Post by Jiggsbro »

I don't think he's scum. I don't think anyone is scum, though two people certainly are. At this stage in the game, there are no reasons for voting for anyone. But people seriously prepared to vote for someone after their first post, because they've said that they're town, certainly seem suspicious to me. So you, frog and UberNinja are on my watch list. Frog gets the vote only because he was second.
Jiggsbro
Jiggsbro
Townie
Jiggsbro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:54 am

Post by Jiggsbro »

Oh, and I'm not Jiggz. I'm his brother.
Gen_Wolf
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:26 am

Post by Gen_Wolf »

But in post 20 you say he is scum because he is the second vote on the bandwagon and now in post 22 your saying you don't think he is scum?

So in the space of about +-15 minutes and one post inbetween (me). You now don't think he is scum??? Ok, I realize that but I am not typing out jiggsbro all the time so I shortened it ;) If you don't like it then I will type it out fully all the time? Just let me know! :)

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”