Newbie 1237 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Newbie 1237 (Game Over!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri May 04, 2012 1:27 pm

Post by AGar »

Welcome to Newbie 1237. You are playing Mafia.

Mod:
AGar

==============

==============

Alive
(
Bold
denotes a confirmed player)
Lance

Nekoko

Big Balls Molla
Mist7676 (SE)

DarthYoshi
Captain corporal (IC)

(SE) denotes a Semi-Experienced player.
(IC) denotes the Inexperience Challenged player. The IC is here to help you learn the fundamentals of the game, and while playing to win, is bound by the guidelines in the article Being a good IC.

Dead

Wray
zdesert
- Vanilla Townie
- Lynched, Day 1

Jal - Vanilla Townie
- Killed, Night 1

Ser Arthur Dayne
Rihfok
- Mafia Rolecop
- Lynched, Day 2

VisMaior
Corinne
- Town Doctor
- Killed, Night 2

FuDuzn (SE) - Mafia Rolecop
- Lycnehd, Day 3

Modkilled

Game Status

Game Over

Most Recent Votecount

None

Current Deadline

None

Rules

Stolen boldly from Oman, who stole it from someone else I've never heard of, who stole it from someone else, and modified to my needs.

[01] Votes must be in bold. If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted. To vote: VOTE: AGar To Unvote UNVOTE: or UNVOTE: AGar. The site has vote tags which you can use. Please also make votes easily noticeable, preferably give them their own line.
[02] Unvotes are a nice courtesy, but not required to change votes.
[03] Lynching will require a simple majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, their pleas are useless and any attempts to unvote will be unheeded. All players not yet dead after the hammer (meaning all alive save the lynchee) may talk in twilight, the period between the hammer and me locking the thread. If the day ends without a majority, no one will be lynched.
[04] You may VOTE: no lynch. Majority votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a death.
[05] Deadlines for this game will be 3 weeks. Extensions may be given in extenuating circumstances, but the deadline will never be shortened.
[07] Do not discuss this game outside the thread unless your role states it. No-one may post in the thread when I declare it night (In case I don't lock it).
[08] Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead. Stop typing. Not even a “Bah!” post. Just, just stop. Fingers off the keys. You're no longer breathing. Save it for after the game is over. I would love to hear from you after the game, just not when you could affect it.
[09] No small or invisible text. Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts either. This also includes any forms of adding encrypted text.
[10] Don’t quote any PMs from me or other players. If you do, I will cast Summon Nature's Modkill V on you.
[11] Nights will last 72 hours. You have within this time frame to send me any night actions you may or may not have.
[12] If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in the thread or PM me. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging. You will be prodded after 48 hours of inactivity. You will then have 24 hours to post. In the event that a third prod is needed, I will just force-replace you, no questions asked. This will earn you a spot on my personal blacklist.
[13] I am fallible. If I make a mistake, aside from votecounts, please notify me via PM and I will attempt to rectify it.
[14] There is no Rule 6
[15]
RED TEXT IS MY TEXT.
Do not attempt to impersonate me, it will result in an ugly, lonely death. Accidents happen, and I can be forgiving, but do not test me.
[16] Play to win this game. Do not use it to build a meta-game of yourself for other games, this game is an island. Also, all players must read their role PMs and understand their role before playing. If you have a question PM me.
[17] Remember, it’s a game and it’s supposed to be fun. Be nice to your fellow players and your mod.

The setup used for newbie games is 2of4. That includes this one. That means one of these six setups has been randomly selected for use this game.

*1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Rolecop, 5 Vanilla Townies, Sane Cop, Doctor
*1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Rolecop, 5 Vanilla Townies, Sane Cop, Jailkeeper
*1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Rolecop, 5 Vanilla Townies, Doctor, Jailkeeper
*1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Rolecop, 6 Vanilla Townies, Sane Cop
*1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Rolecop, 6 Vanilla Townies, Doctor
*1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Rolecop, 6 Vanilla Townies, Jailkeeper

There will always be 7 town players and 2 mafia players.

Here, following, are all of the role PMs.

Vanilla Townie

Welcome, [player]!

You are a
Vanilla Townie
. You have no special powers, just a voice and a vote. You win when all the mafia are dead and at least one town member is left alive.

The game thread is here.

Please confirm that you have read and understand your role PM by PMing me your rolename.

Sane Cop

Welcome, [player]!

You are the
Town Cop
. Each night you may PM me the name of a player you wish to investigate. You will receive a PM in return saying "Town," or "Mafia." Because you are in a newbie game, all of your results will be sane. You win when all of the mafia are dead and at least one town member is left alive.

The game thread is here.

Please confirm that you have read and understand your role PM by PMing me your rolename.

Doctor

Welcome, [player]!

You are the
Town Doctor
. Each night you may PM me the name of a player you wish to protect, aside from yourself. That player will be protected from the mafia kill that night.You win when all the mafia are dead and at least one town member is left alive.

The game thread is here.

Jailkeeper

Welcome [player]!

You are the
Town Jailkeeper
. Each night you may PM me the name of a player, other than yourself. That player will be protected from the mafia kill that night, but will also be prevented from using any night actions they might have. You win when all the mafia are dead and at least one town member is left alive.

The game thread is here.

Mafia Goon

Welcome [player]!

You are the
Mafia Goon
. Along with your partner [partner], the
Mafia Rolecop
, you must overtake this town. Each night you and your partner may scheme in this QuickTopic and decide on one player to kill. You must inform me of who is carrying out the kill as well. You win when the mafia outnumbers the town, or nothing can prevent the same.

The game thread is here.

Mafia Rolecop

Welcome [player]!

You are the
Mafia Rolecop
. Along with your partner [partner], the
Mafia Goon
, you must overtake this town. Each night you and your partner may scheme in this QuickTopic and decide on one player to kill. You must inform me of who is carrying out the kill as well. Additionally, you may PM me the name of a player. You will be told the rolename of that player, unless you are blocked, in which case you will receive “No Result.” You win when the mafia outnumbers the town, or nothing can prevent the same.

The game thread is here.

Last edited by AGar on Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:50 am, edited 24 times in total.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri May 04, 2012 1:28 pm

Post by AGar »

Role PMs are being sent out now. The game will begin when 7 of 9 have confirmed.

(7/
)
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2012 2:23 am

Post by AGar »

Day 1 has begun!

Votecount 1.00

Corinne
(0) -
Rihfok
(0) -
Lance
(0) -
zdesert
(0) -
Jal
(0) -
Nekoko
(0) -
FuDuzn
(0) -
Mist7676
(0) -
Captain Corporal
(0) -

Not Voting
(9) - Corinne, Rihfok, Lance, zdesert, Jal, Nekoko, FuDuzn, Mist7676, Captain Corporal

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.
No one
is the current wagon leader at
L-5

Deadline is Saturday, May 26th, 2012 @ 0930 EDT

Captain Corporal
Captain Corporal
Goon
Captain Corporal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2012 2:33 am

Post by Captain Corporal »

Hey, everyone! I'm your IC, or Inexperienced Challenged player. If you have any questions about how things work or what things mean, ask me. I'm here to help (and to play some Mafia :D).
Also, to those of you who haven't already, please get an avatar. It makes things. Lot easier when trying to find you're posts.

VOTE: Mist
This part of the game is usually the RVS, or Random Voting Stage. It basically gets the game going.
 ̄\_(ッ)_/ ̄
zdesert
zdesert
Townie
zdesert
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2012 4:49 am

Post by zdesert »

Good morning fellow townies!
(or not so good morning.. considering the fact that two of you lovely people are in fact wretched, blind child-punching, scum-bag, Mafia hit-men, out to kill the rest of us in a bloody 7 day killing spree... however you want to look at it:)

i have played a few Mafia games before (not on this site). i like dark chocolate, science fiction, economics books, classic plays, and i have an infatuation with 4X strategy games.

introductions over...
scum hunting--> engadge!

Jal
zdesert
zdesert
Townie
zdesert
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2012 4:50 am

Post by zdesert »

oops

VOTE: JAL
Nekoko
Nekoko
Goon
Nekoko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2012 5:12 am

Post by Nekoko »

Hello guys!

It's my first time playing here but not the game.

And the obligatory random vote

VOTE: FuDuzn
FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2012 5:39 am

Post by FuDuzn »

Howdy I am one of your SE's, which is kind of like an IC but without all the annoying responsibility.

There can be only one.......SE.
The greatest trick the devil ever performed was convincing the world he doesn't exist
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2012 6:56 am

Post by Jal »

Heyo everyone.

This is my first time playing this game on forums. It'll be interesting to play a mafia game which will last
longer
than 5 to 30 minutes. Good scum hunting out there, folks.

VOTE: Lance

If I had to choose a forgettable name to skate by on, it would be Lance. I'm onto you!
Nekoko
Nekoko
Goon
Nekoko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2012 7:08 am

Post by Nekoko »

In post 7, FuDuzn wrote:Howdy I am one of your SE's, which is kind of like an IC but without all the annoying responsibility.

There can be only one.......SE.

Two votes on Mist
What's the meaning of this :D
FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2012 7:37 am

Post by FuDuzn »

Hmm, I actually didn't see that our esteemed IC voted for Mist before I did. No worries though, tis only two votes.
The greatest trick the devil ever performed was convincing the world he doesn't exist
Corinne
Corinne
Townie
Corinne
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2012 8:01 am

Post by Corinne »

Hello all.

I new to this format but not to the game. I hope to be a worthy player.

I believe I will also
VOTE:Jal
, mostly because any guess is as good as another and also because one should NEVER TRUST A BUNNY.
Lance
Lance
Goon
Lance
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2012 12:44 pm

Post by Lance »

Hey, if you're Scum, would you be so kind as to raise your hand so that the rest of us could brutally lynch you more easily? Come on now, be polite. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Anyway, you want to know a bit more about me? No? Well, too bad. I'm a 25-year-old guy who likes video games, books, cooking, and writing. I make my living as a website copywriter and I have a degree in English.

I've played four Mafia games before on another website, but this is my first one on Mafiascum. I survived one of them and was killed by the Mafia in three others (I was Town in all of them). But hey, I've never been lynched! Let's see how long I can keep that going.

Nice to meet you, folks. I'm looking forward to the game.

In post 8, Jal wrote: VOTE: Lance

If I had to choose a forgettable name to skate by on, it would be Lance. I'm onto you!

Ouch, my feelings. This bunny goes right for the jugular. You didn't make an appearance in "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" by any chance, did you?

In post 4, zdesert wrote:Good morning fellow townies!
(or not so good morning.. considering the fact that two of you lovely people are in fact wretched, blind child-punching, scum-bag, Mafia hit-men, out to kill the rest of us in a bloody 7 day killing spree... however you want to look at it:)

Crikey, you seem to know a lot about the Mafia so soon in the game. What Townie in his right mind would randomly guess that the Scum enjoys punching blind children? Sounds like you already know what the Scum is up to. Could it be because...you're one of them yourself? Greeting the "fellow" Townies was a nice touch, I'll give you that. Subtle. Even so...

VOTE: zdesert

It's the best lead I've got so far.
Nekoko
Nekoko
Goon
Nekoko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2012 12:07 am

Post by Nekoko »

is this normal?
we still have 13 posts
Captain Corporal
Captain Corporal
Goon
Captain Corporal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2012 12:34 am

In post 13, Nekoko wrote:is this normal?
we still have 13 posts

Some games take a little while to get off the ground. It doesn't really help that 2 people still haven't posted yet :P
I've also been away all day.
In post 12, Lance wrote:Hey, if you're Scum, would you be so kind as to raise your hand so that the rest of us could brutally lynch you more easily? Come on now, be polite. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Why do you feel that it's necessary to say this? It sounds to me like you're making an attempt at imitating town.
Which, co-incidentally, is the same thing that you voted zdesert for.
VOTE: Lance

Also, RQS (Random Question Stage) is another thing that sometimes takes place at the start of the game. The asked are usually game-related, even though it says random :P Here are a few.
1. What made you decide to join Mafiascum?
2. How do you react to people attacking you?
3. What do you think you'll be known for in this game?

My answers are:
1. I joined up because a friend told me to, and I loved playing mafia in real life, so I gave it a go.
2. That depends on whether I'm playing as scum or as town. If I'm town I'll say why I think they're wrong, and continue scumhunting. If I were scum, I'd take more time taking apart their case, and spend less time scumhunting.
3. Hopefully, playing well :P I'm fairly aggressive, so possibly that.
 ̄\_(ッ)_/ ̄
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2012 12:40 am

Post by AGar »

Votecount 1.01

Corinne
(0) -
Rihfok
(0) -
Lance
(2) - Jal, Captain Corporal
zdesert
(1) - Lance
Jal
(2) - zdesert, Corinne
Nekoko
(0) -
FuDuzn
(1) - Nekoko
Mist7676
(1) - FuDuzn
Captain Corporal
(0) -

Not Voting
(2) - Rihfok, Mist7676

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.
Two players
are the current wagon leader at
L-3

Deadline is Saturday, May 26th, 2012 @ 0930 EDT

Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2012 12:50 am

Post by Mist7676 »

NOU VOTE: FuDuzn. Have I been spending to much time on twitter? I put @FuDuzn :shifty:

Well I'll geuss I'll answer the questions & make a few of my own.....

Captain Corporal wrote:1. What made you decide to join Mafiascum?

1. I had played a forum game on another website, and I really enjoyed it. Although there days lasted about 2 real life days, so it was very hard to change pace.
2. Well if I'm town I'd like to try to ask why and if they already posted why I'll tear their case apart and probably accuse them of being a mafia by Point A , Exhibit 2, and Archive Thres.

If I am mafia, I'll tear. Their. Accusment... APART. And you know, kill them brutally in the night.....
Brutally killing all of you
I am actually trying to get back into playng. I am a horrible player so bear with me please.

My questions:
If you had a Deathnote* would you use it?
What EXACTLY did SHE say?
Ndetytfcvt yuyvtv tuv Iuiuvycrrcf?

*Deathnote is a supernatural notebook that will kill anyone who's name is written inside.
You Are Worth It
Captain Corporal
Captain Corporal
Goon
Captain Corporal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2012 12:59 am

In post 16, Mist7676 wrote:
My questions:

*Deathnote is a supernatural notebook that will kill anyone who's name is written inside.

These are the types of questions I don't really like, since they aren't particularly game-relevant and don't really accomplish much :P

That said, I'll still bite. :P
1. I'd keep it and not use it. I don't really want to be the one who decides who lives or dies.
2. She said nothing. Did someone tell you otherwise?
3. Yes.
 ̄\_(ッ)_/ ̄
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2012 1:34 am

Post by Mist7676 »

In post 17, Captain Corporal wrote:
My questions:
Translation: Are You Mafia?

These are the types of questions I don't really like, since they aren't particularly game-relevant and don't really accomplish much :P

That said, I'll still bite. :P
1. I'd keep it and not use it. I don't really want to be the one who decides who lives or dies.
2. She said nothing. Did someone tell you otherwise?
Yes

He admits!!

UNVOTE: FuDuzn
VOTE: Captain Corporal

MOD: Can we use abbreviations of names as votes like Captain, or FuD, etc....
You Are Worth It
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2012 4:13 am

Post by AGar »

As long as I am explicitly aware of who you are referring to, I will count a vote. That being said, let's try and not get too carried away.

FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2012 5:00 am

Post by FuDuzn »

Captain Corporal wrote:1. What made you decide to join Mafiascum?

Yay question time! CC's first.

1. I have played a bunch of games on another message board, but the frequency of games was getter lower and lower and I wanted to play a lot more......so here we are.
2. I try to find out why they are attacking me, and sometimes this involves attacking them back and seeing how they react. Turn the tables on them, so to speak. Works both ways whether I am town or scum, just for different reasons.
3. Having a unique playstyle, I am usually all over the place and can be tough to read.
FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2012 5:04 am

Post by FuDuzn »

In post 16, Mist7676 wrote:NOU VOTE:
My questions:

Now Mists.

1. No, sounds like something that would come back to haunt me if used.
2. I have been trying to figure this out my whole life.
3. Frankly, I am offended you would ask.
Lance
Lance
Goon
Lance
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2012 6:18 am

Post by Lance »

In post 14, Captain Corporal wrote:
In post 12, Lance wrote:Hey, if you're Scum, would you be so kind as to raise your hand so that the rest of us could brutally lynch you more easily? Come on now, be polite. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Why do you feel that it's necessary to say this? It sounds to me like you're making an attempt at imitating town.

Just a joke, my good man. Nothing more than that.

In post 14, Captain Corporal wrote:1. What made you decide to join Mafiascum?

1.) I played a couple Mafia games elsewhere and had a lot of fun. Then I discovered that there was a website devoted entirely to Mafia games and figured I'd give it a shot. So here I am.
2.) Ehhh... it depends. Personal attacks are definitely not cool and I might react not-so-nicely depending on the circumstances. Attacks that are made with the intent of finding Scum, however, are perfectly normal. They don't upset me. If you attack me because you think I'm Scum, they hey, that's fine. It's all part of the game.
3.) For heroically leading the Town to victory, of course.

In post 16, Mist7676 wrote:If you had a Deathnote* would you use it?

1.) Yes.
2.) She said I could be anything I wanted to be when I grew up. She was lying.
3.) Porkchop sandwiches.
zdesert
zdesert
Townie
zdesert
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2012 6:36 am

Post by zdesert »

Captain Corporal wrote:
1. What made you decide to join Mafiascum?

1: a group of friends from university and myself played mafia IRL a few times then in the summer we played on a forum twice (liked it so much more online, mostly for the longer timeline) then i began casually looking out for mafia games mostly during the summer when i have the most free time. i have played 4 games before. now i am here.

2: well in every game i have played i have been a scumbag. in my first game with friends, my mafia partners (2) were the most transparent players ever and i happily threw them under the bus whenever i was attacked. while i, as the mafia cop, killed the doc and town cop. my other games were mostly with the same people and so i tried to change my forum personality but that didn't work and i died fast usually.

3. the winner,

My questions:

1. yah, i would write "the mafia, suddenly possessed by guilt, throw themselves at a speeding locomotive"
2. _______________ <--insert witticism here
3. endless space

lance i think you are playing at something, good? bad? i cant tell but i know how to find out.

UNVOTE: JAL --------> VOTE: LANCE
Lance
Lance
Goon
Lance
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2012 8:35 am

Post by Lance »

Yeesh. This...this could be going a little better. We're only two days into the game and I've already got three votes on me. Looks like I'm forced to play defense already. Think about it, though: if I really
was
Scum, I'd have to be the worst Mafia player ever to draw so much negative attention so early in the game. I'll admit my Mafia experience is limited and I still have a lot to learn about playing the game well, but I don't suck
that
badly. (At least, I'd like to think that I don't.)

If there is a Cop in this game, you are more than welcome to investigate me when the Night phase rolls around. I have nothing to hide.

At this point in the game, I'd much rather hear from all the players before deciding on a definitive target. I mean, we don't know a whole lot about Corinne, Jal, and Nekoko yet, and Rihfok hasn't said anything at all. I'd be willing to wager that at least one of them is a mafioso who is perfectly content to just sit back and watch me squirm.

And I know what you're thinking: "Gee whiz, Lance, it sure looks like you're just trying to shift the blame somewhere else." Well...yeah. Yeah I am. My current situation is troubling. I'd rather not be the first one eliminated if I can avoid it. Winning is awesome, you know? Losing is not.

UNVOTE: zdesert
VOTE: Rihfok

Say something, please.

In post 23, zdesert wrote:
2: well in every game i have played i have been a scumbag.

Ah, okay. That answers my previous question of how you knew the Mafia mindset so well. Looks like you have lots of experience with the role. Makes sense.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”