Newbie 1524 [Day 3]

AGar
Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He

Post Post #0  (ISO)  » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:35 am

Welcome to Newbie 1524. You are playing Mafia.

Mod: AGar

Alive (5) (Bold denotes a confirmed player)
2. davesaz AbboTT Scarfmanship
3. Scripten
5. Faustbyte
6. Thor665 Maws Alayne
7. BlueBloodedToffee (SE)

(SE) denotes a Semi-Experienced player.
(IC) denotes the Inexperience Challenged player. The IC is here to help you learn the fundamentals of the game, and while playing to win, is bound by the guidelines in the article Being a good IC.

Dead (4)

8. Dr Pants (SE) - Vanilla Townie - Lynched, Day 1
9. massive (IC) - Vanilla Townie - Killed, Night 1
4. Flubbernugget - Vanilla Townie - Lynched, Day 1
1. Originalchris Darkcrimson - Town Jailkeeper - Killed, Night 2

Modkilled

Game Status
Day 3

Current Deadline
(expired on 2014-09-20 14:30:00)

Rules
Stolen boldly from Oman, who stole it from someone else I've never heard of, who stole it from someone else, and modified to my needs.

[01] Votes must be in bold. If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted. To vote: VOTE: AGar To Unvote UNVOTE: or UNVOTE: AGar. The site has vote tags which you can use. Please also make votes easily noticeable, preferably give them their own line.
[02] Unvotes are a nice courtesy, but not required to change votes.
[03] Lynching will require a simple majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, their pleas are useless and any attempts to unvote will be unheeded. All players not yet dead after the hammer (meaning all alive save the lynchee) may talk in twilight, the period between the hammer and me locking the thread. If the day ends without a majority, no one will be lynched.
[04] You may VOTE: no lynch. Majority votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a death.
[05] Deadlines for this game will be 2 weeks. Extensions may be given in extenuating circumstances, but the deadline will never be shortened.
[07] Do not discuss this game outside the thread unless your role states it. No-one may post in the thread when I declare it night (In case I don't lock it).
[08] Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead. Stop typing. Not even a “Bah!” post. Just, just stop. Fingers off the keys. You're no longer breathing. Save it for after the game is over. I would love to hear from you after the game, just not when you could affect it.
[09] No small or invisible text. Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts either. This also includes any forms of adding encrypted text.
[10] Don’t quote any PMs from me or other players. If you do, I will cast Summon Nature's Modkill V on you.
[11] Nights will last 72 hours. You have within this time frame to send me any night actions you may or may not have.
[12] If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in the thread or PM me. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging. You will be prodded after 48 hours of inactivity. You will then have 24 hours to post. In the event that a third prod is needed, I will just force-replace you, no questions asked. This will earn you a spot on my personal blacklist.
[13] I am fallible. If I make a mistake, aside from votecounts, please notify me via PM and I will attempt to rectify it.
[14] There is no Rule 6
[15] BOLD RED TEXT IS MY TEXT. Do not attempt to impersonate me, it will result in an ugly, lonely death. Accidents happen, and I can be forgiving, but do not test me.
[16] Play to win this game. Do not use it to build a meta-game of yourself for other games, this game is an island. Also, all players must read their role PMs and understand their role before playing. If you have a question PM me.
[17] Remember, it’s a game and it’s supposed to be fun. Be nice to your fellow players and your mod.

The setup used for Newbie Games is Matrix6. That includes this one. That means one of these 6 setups has been randomly selected for use this game.

*1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 1-Shot Town Bulletproof, 1 Town Jailkeeper, 5 Vanilla Townies
*2 Mafia Goons, 1 Town Cop, 6 Vanilla Townies
*2 Mafia Goons, 1 Town Doctor, 1 Town Tracker, 5 Vanilla Townies
*2 Mafia Goons, 1 Town Jailkeeper, 6 Vanilla Townies
*1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Town Cop, 1 Town Doctor, 5 Vanilla Townies
*2 Mafia Goons, 1 1-Shot Town Bulletproof, 1 Town Tracker, 5 Vanilla Townies

There will always be 7 town players and 2 mafia players.

Here, following, are all of the role PMs.

Vanilla Townie
Welcome, [player]!

You are a Vanilla Townie. You have no special powers, just a voice and a vote. You win when all the mafia are dead and at least one town member is left alive.

The game thread is here.

Please confirm that you have read and understand your role PM by PMing me your rolename.

Sane Cop
Welcome, [player]!

You are the Town Cop. Each night you may PM me the name of a player you wish to investigate. You will receive a PM in return saying "Town," or "Mafia." Because you are in a newbie game, all of your results will be sane. You win when all of the mafia are dead and at least one town member is left alive.

The game thread is here.

Please confirm that you have read and understand your role PM by PMing me your rolename.

Doctor
Welcome, [player]!

You are the Town Doctor. Each night you may PM me the name of a player you wish to protect, aside from yourself. That player will be protected from the mafia kill that night.You win when all the mafia are dead and at least one town member is left alive.

The game thread is here.

Jailkeeper
Welcome [player]!

You are the Town Jailkeeper. Each night you may PM me the name of a player, other than yourself. That player will be protected from the mafia kill that night, but will also be prevented from using any night actions they might have. You win when all the mafia are dead and at least one town member is left alive.

The game thread is here.

1-Shot Bulletproof
Welcome [player]!

You are the Town 1-Shot Bulletproof. The first time you are targeted for a night kill it will not go through. You win when all the mafia are dead and at least one town member is left alive.

The game thread is here.

Tracker
Welcome [player]!

You are the Town Tracker. Each night you may PM me the name of a player. If successful, you will be told the name of any player that that player targeted that night. You win when all the mafia are dead and at least one town member is left alive.

The game thread is here.

Mafia Goon
Welcome [player]!

You are the Mafia Goon. Along with your partner [partner], the Mafia Rolecop, you must overtake this town. Each night you and your partner may scheme in this QuickTopic and decide on one player to kill. You must inform me of who is carrying out the kill as well. You win when the mafia outnumbers the town, or nothing can prevent the same.

The game thread is here.

Mafia Roleblocker
Welcome [player]!

You are the Mafia Roleblocker. Along with your partner [partner], the Mafia Goon, you must overtake this town. Each night you and your partner may scheme in this QuickTopic and decide on one player to kill. You must inform me of who is carrying out the kill as well. Additionally, you may PM me the name of a player. If you are successful, that player will be unable to carry out any of his actions that night. You win when the mafia outnumbers the town, or nothing can prevent the same.

The game thread is here.

Last edited by AGar on Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:18 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

I ramble about running!

AGar
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1  (ISO)  » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:39 am

Role PMs have gone out. The game will start when six of nine have confirmed.

(7/9)
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

I ramble about running!

AGar
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2  (ISO)  » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:17 pm

It is now Day 1!

Deadline is in (expired on 2014-08-12 19:30:00).

Votecount 1.00
Darkcrimson (0) -
Scarfmanship (0) -
Scripten (0) -
lilpup (0) -
Faustbyte (0) -
Alayne (0) -
BlueBloodedToffee (0) -
Dr Pants (0) -
massive (0) -

Not Voting (9) - Darkcrimson, Scarfmanship, Scripten, lilpup, Faustbyte, Alayne, BlueBloodedToffee, Dr Pants, massive

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
No one is the current wagon leader, at L-5
Deadline is in (expired on 2014-08-12 19:30:00)

I ramble about running!

Dr Pants
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3  (ISO)  » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:28 pm

VOTE: massive
for including no capitals in his name, thus reducing its massiveness

Scarfmanship
Goon

Post Post #4  (ISO)  » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:00 pm

VOTE: lilpup i don't like dogs very much

Alayne
Townie

Pronoun: She

Post Post #5  (ISO)  » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:05 pm

VOTE: Darkcrimson

Sounds like a pretty evil username to me...

Faustbyte
Goon

Pronoun: It

Post Post #6  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:52 am

Mafia is a dog eat dog game.
Scarf man hate dogs.
The word man is found in Scarf's name.
THAT word is also found in the word woman.
Alayne is a woman.
Alayne has a picture of a cat.
Cat is in the word scat.
Rearrange scat and you get the word acts.
What do actors need? Scripts.
Vote: Scripten

BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor

Post Post #7  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:25 am

VOTE: Alayne coz like alphabet n shit.

@Fausbyte, that may be the best RVS vote I've ever seen.

Darkcrimson
Townie

Post Post #8  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:41 am

VOTE: Dr Pants

Voting for having no period after Dr

Scripten
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:21 am

VOTE: Scarfmanship

Looks like the RVS fairy hasn't visited you yet.

Faustbyte
Goon

Post Post #10  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:58 am

@BBT A little sleep deprivation can go a long way.

Alright well, any of you lot have any 'outside site experience?' (Anyone play any games similar to Mafia outside this site?)
If so, please link a few of your games. I want have a good detailed read on your wonderful personalities.

BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor

Post Post #11  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:02 pm

In post 10, Faustbyte wrote:@BBT A little sleep deprivation can go a long way.

Alright well, any of you lot have any 'outside site experience?' (Anyone play any games similar to Mafia outside this site?)
If so, please link a few of your games. I want have a good detailed read on your wonderful personalities.

None, only played on this site.

Meta sucks anyway.

Faustbyte
Goon

Post Post #12  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:31 pm

Agreed, but it does help get a read on the typical tones of players.
I played quite a bit of offline Mafia with friends and I find that body language is tell-tale. This being a forum, obviously makes me unable to get a read on people's body language. Thus I resort to the next best thing: Tone and the frequency of their posts.

Faustbyte
Goon

Post Post #13  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:35 pm

That being said, however, my last game in this site was just a test run to get a feel of how people post. I am treating this game as my first real/serious game. So if you notice a difference of tones between this and that game, I would be glad. I hate being clueless and ignorant.

Dr Pants
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:38 pm

Meta is over used and something you really dont need to think about. Sometimes players will resort to meta, but almost always scum tells take priority. You'll find as you play more that there are typical things that scum does.

Scarfmanship
Goon

Post Post #15  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:56 pm

I've played chatbox mafia. It's much more reliant on power roles, claims, and counterclaims then this type of mafia, which is much more vanilla scumhunt from what I've seen. I look forward to trying this out.

Faustbyte
Goon

Post Post #16  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:06 pm

@DP But of course I'm not basing all my arguments purely on meta. I will use it as a beam of support to help my future arguments, reads and opinion on the person as a whole.
@Scarf Do you have any links that you can share with us?

Scarfmanship
Goon

Post Post #17  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:25 pm

links? whaaat? it's one of those sites where games expire.

My winrate as alignments are 35% maf, 35% 3rd party, 52% town, if that's what you're asking, but if you're talking meta, I've nothing for you.

Faustbyte
Goon

Post Post #18  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:06 pm

By links I meant some sort of match history which shows some of your posts. If none exists, that's fine.

Scarfmanship
Goon

Post Post #19  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:46 pm

Reading the rules I saw that it is illegal to link to other mafia sites. Is it allowed under this context?

Scarfmanship
Goon

Post Post #20  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:50 pm

meh, it really doesn't matter. All the history is expired.

Faustbyte
Goon

Post Post #21  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:14 pm

Assuming that I've read this game's rules properly then I'll have to correct you and say it is allowed to link to other mafia sites.
Which rule are you talking about?

Rules are bellow
Spoiler:
Rules
Stolen boldly from Oman, who stole it from someone else I've never heard of, who stole it from someone else, and modified to my needs.

[01] Votes must be in bold. If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted. To vote: VOTE: AGar To Unvote UNVOTE: or UNVOTE: AGar. The site has vote tags which you can use. Please also make votes easily noticeable, preferably give them their own line.
[02] Unvotes are a nice courtesy, but not required to change votes.
[03] Lynching will require a simple majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, their pleas are useless and any attempts to unvote will be unheeded. All players not yet dead after the hammer (meaning all alive save the lynchee) may talk in twilight, the period between the hammer and me locking the thread. If the day ends without a majority, no one will be lynched.
[04] You may VOTE: no lynch. Majority votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a death.
[05] Deadlines for this game will be 2 weeks. Extensions may be given in extenuating circumstances, but the deadline will never be shortened.
[07] Do not discuss this game outside the thread unless your role states it. No-one may post in the thread when I declare it night (In case I don't lock it).
[08] Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead. Stop typing. Not even a “Bah!” post. Just, just stop. Fingers off the keys. You're no longer breathing. Save it for after the game is over. I would love to hear from you after the game, just not when you could affect it.
[09] No small or invisible text. Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts either. This also includes any forms of adding encrypted text.
[10] Don’t quote any PMs from me or other players. If you do, I will cast Summon Nature's Modkill V on you.
[11] Nights will last 72 hours. You have within this time frame to send me any night actions you may or may not have.
[12] If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in the thread or PM me. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging. You will be prodded after 48 hours of inactivity. You will then have 24 hours to post. In the event that a third prod is needed, I will just force-replace you, no questions asked. This will earn you a spot on my personal blacklist.
[13] I am fallible. If I make a mistake, aside from votecounts, please notify me via PM and I will attempt to rectify it.
[14] There is no Rule 6
[15] BOLD RED TEXT IS MY TEXT. Do not attempt to impersonate me, it will result in an ugly, lonely death. Accidents happen, and I can be forgiving, but do not test me.
[16] Play to win this game. Do not use it to build a meta-game of yourself for other games, this game is an island. Also, all players must read their role PMs and understand their role before playing. If you have a question PM me.
[17] Remember, it’s a game and it’s supposed to be fun. Be nice to your fellow players and your mod.

Scripten
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:30 pm

I think we're alright posting these links, since it's specifically for in-game stuff and not advertising, as per here:

Spam and Advertisement - Unsolicited messages with the intent to sell something or mislead users. This includes unsolicited links to other Mafia-specific sites. Threads and series of posts that are no or low content may also be considered spam.

I have a few different places I've played. Here's a few links to get an idea of my game experience so far.

At Doomworld forums:
This is my first game ever. No ICs, and on a forum that had never tried it before. Ended as one might expect.
Here's my first and only time playing scum. I did alright, but inexperience got us lynched.
This is, in my opinion, my best game. I was cop, caught two of the three mafia, and took them down forthwith.

At Bay 12 Games forums:
I think this was my second(?) game ever. Lost because of inactivity and a really abrasive player. Total crapshoot.
One of the games I'm currently in. Can't say anything more than that.
The other game I'm currently in. Again, these lips are sealed.

Faustbyte
Goon

Post Post #23  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:20 pm

Thanks guy.

Alayne
Townie

Pronoun: She

Post Post #24  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:57 pm

Faustbyte, I'm afraid I don't have any outside games I can share with you. I've played Mafia with friends IRL but never on a forum.

Next
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games