Newbie 1541: Dead Moderators Society (Game Over)

Juls
Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: She

Post Post #0  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:35 pm

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Juls is dead
And you could be too!

We are amongst you
We're part of your cast
Can you follow the clues?
You better do it fast

Game Status: Game Over
Deadline: None

Relevant links
Day one begins | Valor replaces gdisastery | Zeluvia replaces Valor | Fink replaces Darkcrimson | End of Day One
Day two begins | Hostile Intent replaces Marquis | End of Day Two
Day three begins | End of Day Three

Vote Counts
1.0|1.1|1.2|1.3|1.4|1.5|1.6|1.7|1.8|1.9|1.10
2.0|2.1|2.2|2.3|2.4|2.5|2.6|2.7|2.8|2.9|2.10|2.11
3.0|3.1|3.2|3.3|3.4|3.5|3.6

Players (bold are confirmed)
Zeluvia Valor gdisastery
Fresh
wgeurts
Fink Darkcrimson
Teen Girl Squad
Csareo (SE)
Scripten jon_h61 (SE)
Hostile Intent Marquis(SE)
goodmorning(IC)

* = prod

Spoiler: "Living Players 2/9"
Fresh, Mafia Goon survived
Teen Girl Squad, Mafia Role Blocker survived

Spoiler: "Dead Players 7/9"
Csareo, Vanilla Townie was lynched Day 1
Zeluvia, Vanilla Townie was killed Night 1
goodmorning, Vanilla Townie was lynched Day 2
Hostile Intent, Town Jailkeeper was killed Night 2
wgeurts, Vanilla Townie was lynched Day 3
Scripten, 1-shot Bulletproof was endgamed
Fink, Vanilla Townie was endgamed
Last edited by Juls on Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:49 pm, edited 44 times in total.
-------------------------------------
Juls

Juls
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1  (ISO)  » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:38 am

Game Rules

Game Mechanics
1.) Votes must be bolded or contained within vote tags and in a form similar to Vote: Playername/VOTE: Playername. If I do not see your vote, it will not count. Unvotes are nice but not required unless you wish to be voting for no one. In this case you should post Unvote: Playername/UNVOTE: Playername.
2.) Unless it is explicitly stated in your role PM that you can do so, do not talk about this game outside of the game thread.
3.) Lynches require a majority of votes (50% of the active players +1). If a 50% + 1 majority is not reached by deadline the game will progress to night with no lynch. You may also Vote: No Lynch if you wish to have no lynch for the day. This also requires a 50% + 1 majority.
4.) Votes should be readable and understandable in their intent. You may use player nicknames/abbreviations/etc. as long as they are unambiguous. Trying to fool other players and the mod with your vote will result in a modkill.
5.) If a lynch occurs, the game enters twilight and players may continue to talk in thread until it is locked and a lynch scene is posted. No votes/unvotes will count in twilight.
6.) Players with night actions may submit them to the moderator via Private Message. If you do not wish to submit an action, please let the moderator know by PMing "No action" during the night phase. If you need to be V/LA during the night phase, you may submit your action early to be carried out during night.
7.) This game starts in Day Phase so that every player is allowed to play at least one game day.
8.) Communication, if your role allows it, is allowed via the details specified in your role PM until the game begins.
9.) Vote counts will be posted daily at a minimum (probably more often if activity warrants).
10.) Dead players cannot talk. Once you are killed/lynched. Do not post in thread. Not even a "bah!" post.

Deadlines/Activity
11.) Deadlines for each game day will be 2 weeks. Deadline extensions are given only in extreme circumstances.
12.) Treat this game as a commitment. If you are going to be away for over 72 hours, please post V/LA and your date range of limited access in thread and/or send the moderator a PM. You may also use the User Control Panel to indicate V/LA.
13.) Players must post every 72 hours (unless they have noted V/LA) or they will be prodded. Three (3) total prods during the game will result in a replacement. This is a minimum, you should strive to post every 24-48 hours
14.) If a player fails to pick up their prod within 48 hours they will be replaced. The player may rejoin the game only if a replacement has not been found when they respond to the moderator.
15.) Each night will last approximately 72 hours, during which time all night actions must be submitted via PM.

General
16.) All Mafia Scum Rules apply in this game. Please read and obey them.
17.) Have fun and be respectful to your fellow players. Personal attacks and excessive rudeness will not be tolerated and may result in a modkill without any warning.
18.) Do not quote anything from the moderator that is said outside of this thread (including role PMs) or pretend to quote anything from the moderator. Paraphrasing is allowed but if you are questioning your paraphrase, run it by the moderator via PM first.
19.) If the moderator makes a mistake, please address your grievance in bold in thread or in PM. Please point out vote count errors in thread only.
20.) Do not edit posts. Do not use invisible text. Do not use small text.
21.) Do not use cryptography.
22.) Dark Blue is the moderator's color. Do not use it.
23.) The moderator reserves the right to add/change/delete rules. If this occurs, a notice will be posted in thread.
24.) If a role PM or other game rule is misunderstood by the player or a rule is not made completely clear, the moderator reserves the right to correct the rule or PM based on its intent. The moderator guarantees that changes or corrections of these nature will be considered for overall fairness and game balance.
25.) Most importantly, play to win. Gamethrowing will not be tolerated.

Helpful Content
Mafiascum Wiki
Newbie Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Commonly Used Abbreviations
Mafia Theory
Site-wide Rules
Juls

Juls
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2  (ISO)  » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:45 am

Matrix6This Newbie game uses Matrix6 (as designed by Cogito Ergo Sum):

ABC
1Town JailkeeperVanilla TownieMafia Goon
2Mafia RoleblockerTown CopTown Doctor
3Town 1-shot
Bulletproof
Mafia GoonTown Tracker

Each Newbie Game will be given a setup that incorporates either one row or one column. The remaining six roles will be filled in by mafia goons and vanilla townies appropriately, to create a 2-mafia and 7-town setup. For example Row 1 (1 jailkeeper, 1 vanilla townie, 1 mafia goon) would add an additional 5 vanilla townies and 1 mafia goon, for a total setup of 1 jailkeeper, 6 vanilla townies, and 2 mafia goons.

This Newbie game uses the Natural Action Resolution system for determining Night action effects. Roleblocker actions will take precedence over Jailkeeper actions should that apply.

Spoiler: Sample Role PMs
Vanilla TownieWelcome!

You are a Vanilla Townie.

You have no special abilities.

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

The game thread is [url]here[/url].

Town JailkeeperWelcome!

You are a Town Jailkeeper.

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills and be prevented from using their own action, if they have one, during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

Town CopWelcome!

You are a Town Cop.

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed if they are Town or Mafia. If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

Town DoctorWelcome!

You are a Town Doctor.

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

1-shot Bulletproof TownieWelcome!

You are a 1-shot Bulletproof Townie.

You will survive 1 kill attempt during the game. You will not be informed if this happens. This does not include lynches.

Town TrackerWelcome!

You are a Town Tracker.

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed what player they targeted with their action, if any.

Mafia GoonWelcome!

You are a Mafia Goon.

Your partner is PLAYER, who is a Mafia Goon/Roleblocker.

You share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional private topic, located [url]here[/url], which you may talk in during pregame and night phases.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

Mafia RoleblockerWelcome!

You are a Mafia Roleblocker.

Your partner is PLAYER, who is a Mafia Goon.

You may target one player per night. This player will be prevented from performing their own action, if any.

You share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You may commit the kill and perform a roleblock in the same night phase. You also share a factional private topic, located [url]here[/url], which you may talk in during pregame and night phases.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

Juls

Juls
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3  (ISO)  » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:02 am

Role PMs have gone out. The game will begin in 48 hours or once everyone has confirmed. Whichever comes first.
Juls

Juls
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4  (ISO)  » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:16 am

Day one begins Now! Seven have confirmed. I have replaced the two who did not pick up their role PMs. They will have 48 hours to post or confirm or they will be replaced.

Official Vote Count

[L-5] Valor ()
[L-5] Fresh ()
[L-5] wgeurts ()
[L-5] Darkcrimson ()
[L-5] Teen Girl Squad ()
[L-5] Csareo ()
[L-5] Scripten ()
[L-5] Marquis ()
[L-5] goodmorning ()

Not Voting : Valor, Fresh, wgeurts, Darkcrimson, Teen Girl Squad, Csareo, Scripten, Marquis, goodmorning
Votes needed for lynch : 5

Deadline for Day 1: (expired on 2014-10-13 11:30:00)
Juls

Marquis
Survivor

Post Post #5  (ISO)  » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:27 am

good morning everyone (even you goodmorning!)

i'm one of your three se players in this game. don't be afraid to ask me a question, but seeing as a good number of the newbies in this game have played here before, there's 2 other se players, and we have a great ic, i think things are gonna generally be alright.

for the record this is my preferred posting style and unless i'm on my phone you'll have to deal with this. I can also type like this Or Like This If You Want BUT I'M PRETTY SURE THESE ARE LESS ENJOYABLE.

normally games start with a random voting stage, where people vote "randomly" in order to get the game rolling. for example,

VOTE: goodmorning

while that vote is part of our rvs/"random" voting, it's actually not random because i chose to specifically vote the ic player after also naming her specifically in my first line! there's always a reason for an action.

also last part since i want to start this game differently- a "random" set of questions that everyone should answer:

1) are you town or scum
2) do you wish you were the other alignment?
link in bio

Marquis
Survivor

Post Post #6  (ISO)  » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:28 am

In post 5, Marquis wrote:also last part since i want to start this game differently- a "random" set of questions that everyone should answer:

1) are you town or scum

quoting for emphasis.
link in bio

goodmorning
Survivor

Post Post #7  (ISO)  » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:34 am

Hello all, I am your lovely IC. I am expected to help you learn to play the game, particularly in the context of this forum. Towards the pursuit of that goal, I will answer all your theory questions truthfully.

That's right, I will not lie to you about theory.

Now, you may be thinking "no fair, she's got more experience, clearly she will pwn newbs". That's only somewhat true. Some newbies have played many a game of Mafia elsewhere. Besides this, experience counts against me as well: you all are able to look up my past games and see how I've played in them. I can't because most of you don't have any. So it's a fairly even split.

Some helpful Wiki pages:
Quick Guide to Mafia
Quick Guide to Mafiascum
A Beginner's Guide to Being Awesome At Mafia

And some terms:
Glossary
Commonly Used Abbreviations

I also want to get this out now so as not to interrupt gameplay later:

HELPFUL TAG TIME

Code: Select all
[post]0[/post]

will look like

and link you to that post.

[url=http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=59308]Newbie 1541[/url]

will look like
Newbie 1541
And link you to that url (this one is this game).

[spoiler]OH NO WHAT IS HAPPENING[/spoiler]

will look like
OH NO WHAT IS HAPPENING
(highlight to read).

The code for a big spoiler is this:
[spoiler=A SPOILER??]IT IS[/spoiler]

which looks like
Spoiler: A SPOILER??
IT IS

Some mods are fine with spoilering of REALLY BIG WALLS O' TEXT. Some are not. If in doubt, ask.

/IC wall
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
Calling On Dragons coming eventually!

Get to know a very pleasant AM.

goodmorning
Survivor

Post Post #8  (ISO)  » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:36 am

In post 5, Marquis wrote:VOTE: goodmorning

Vote: Marquis

1) are you town or scum

1) Yes.
2) No.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
Calling On Dragons coming eventually!

Get to know a very pleasant AM.

Marquis
Survivor

Post Post #9  (ISO)  » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:39 am

UNVOTE:
VOTE: csareo

onto the next one~
link in bio

Scripten
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: He

Post Post #10  (ISO)  » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:40 pm

Hey guys. Second SE checking in. You can take a look at my wiki page for an idea of my experience. I, like the IC and other SEs, will not lie to you about theory questions. That said, many questions are answerable only with opinions, so take even our replies with a grain of salt.

I'll be using this color (#800000) as me SE text, which you may assume is outside my in-game persona.

In post 5, Marquis wrote:1) are you town or scum

1) Town
2) No

These questions are not good RVS questions.

Marquis: Let's say you're a VT (Vanilla Townie) and a player has just soft claimed (That is, said they have a role, but didn't say which one.) a power role. Assume this is one of the first posts in the game. What is your reaction?

Voting Darkcrimson because I've played with him before and I want an early read on him.

VOTE: Darkcrimson

DC: You're about to be lynched with a wagon on you that you're sure has two scum. How do you respond if you're VT? What about if you're a PR?

To explain, those two questions can both be answered with a single word each. There's no real reaction that can be judged. Yes or no questions don't really push the game state, which should be the goal of asking questions. A lot of mafia players (myself included) want to get the game out of RVS and into a content-generating phase of the game as soon as possible.

Marquis
Survivor

Post Post #11  (ISO)  » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:42 pm

oh there is though! the questions are still hugely important~
link in bio

Marquis
Survivor

Post Post #12  (ISO)  » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:42 pm

In post 10, Scripten wrote:Marquis: Let's say you're a VT (Vanilla Townie) and a player has just soft claimed (That is, said they have a role, but didn't say which one.) a power role. Assume this is one of the first posts in the game. What is your reaction?

ignore
link in bio

Scripten
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13  (ISO)  » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:02 pm

In post 12, Marquis wrote:
In post 10, Scripten wrote:Marquis: Let's say you're a VT (Vanilla Townie) and a player has just soft claimed (That is, said they have a role, but didn't say which one.) a power role. Assume this is one of the first posts in the game. What is your reaction?

ignore

Fair enough. Say that someone else tries to push a scumread on the player who claimed PR. They criticize it as rolefishing and confusing the town. What do you think of that player?

Marquis
Survivor

Post Post #14  (ISO)  » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:13 pm

i am most likely a town pr of some sort but i won't say which one..
link in bio

Scripten
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15  (ISO)  » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:15 pm

In post 14, Marquis wrote:i am most likely a town pr of some sort but i won't say which one..

Yep, like that.

Marquis
Survivor

Post Post #16  (ISO)  » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:17 pm

say that a player begins to emulate the scenario you proposed in your earlier questions.

what is your read on that player? if it is an unfavorable one, what do you do with that read?
link in bio

Scripten
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17  (ISO)  » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:28 pm

In post 16, Marquis wrote:say that a player begins to emulate the scenario you proposed in your earlier questions.

what is your read on that player? if it is an unfavorable one, what do you do with that read?

With or without express knowledge that they are aware of the gambit?

Marquis
Survivor

Post Post #18  (ISO)  » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:31 pm

what gambit?
link in bio

Scripten
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19  (ISO)  » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:34 pm

Softclaiming a PR can be considered a gambit during RVS.

Marquis
Survivor

Post Post #20  (ISO)  » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:38 pm

this is no gambit, man. i'm completely serious.
link in bio

Scripten
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21  (ISO)  » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:47 pm

In post 20, Marquis wrote:this is no gambit, man. i'm completely serious.

But are you SUPAH SERIOUS?

Alright, so you're completely seriously claiming a PR during RVS. What are your reasons? Do you expect to catch scum with it?

Marquis
Survivor

Post Post #22  (ISO)  » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:50 pm

those are secret. completely secret.
link in bio

Marquis
Survivor

Post Post #23  (ISO)  » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:51 pm

but i do plan on jailkeeping/copping/tracking/doctoring the last person to vote for me on day 1.
link in bio

Csareo
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24  (ISO)  » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:56 pm

Are you being sarcastic. Serious answer please :?
Always need fresh blood
http://www.edeb8.com/

Next
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games