Newbie 1557 - Planet Earth (Game Over)

The Bulge
Mafia Scum

Post Post #0  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:08 pm

Welcome to Newbie 1557

"We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure.
There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open."

Playerlist (9/9 Confirmed)
Kitz*
comradekafka****
SlickDilinger*
Mikazuki Gregindahood
KittenLicks*
Kaboose RachMarie lolbabe [SE]
GGG [SE]
Scripten* [SE]
BlueBloodedToffee [IC]

Spoiler: Current Status
Alive (4/9)Kitz, Vanilla Townie, survived to Day 3
comradekafka,
Vanilla Townie, survived to Day 3
Mikazuki,
Vanilla Townie, survived to Day 3
BlueBloodedToffee,
Town Jailkeeper, survived to Day 3

DeadScripten, Vanilla Townie, lynched Day 1
KittenLicks,
Vanilla Townie, killed Night 1
Kaboose,
Mafia Goon, lynched Day 2
GGG,
Vanilla Townie, killed Night 2
SlickDilinger,
Mafia Goon, lynched Day 3

ModkilledNobody.

Game Events (Votecounts - )
(Votecounts - )
(Votecounts - )
Last edited by The Bulge on Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:00 pm, edited 30 times in total.

The Bulge
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:09 pm

Rules

General
  1. The are, as always, in effect. Please look over them if you are unfamiliar.
  2. I am the Mod and what I say goes. I reserve the right to change the rules or modkill/force-replace players as I see fit.
  3. That being said, I'm not perfect. If I've messed up or you have any problems or questions, feel free to PM me.
  4. Preface all in-thread messages to the mod with @Mod.
  5. Punishment for breaking any of the following rules is on a case-by-case basis and is therefore not fixed. Don't test me.
  6. This is a game. Play to win, and don't ruin it for others.

Posting and Voting
  1. I hereby reserve the colours #504020 and #60A010 for mod use. Don't use them.
  2. Do not use invisible, encrypted, or ridiculously small text. Everything posted in the game thread should be public.
  3. All votes must be written in bold or use the VOTE: Player tag. Unvotes are helpful, but not necessary.
  4. Votes may not be contained inside quote, code, area, or spoiler tags.
  5. A lynch is reached when a majority of all players (half plus one) are voting for the same target.
  6. If a majority is not reached by the deadline, a No Lynch will occur.

Activity and Deadlines
  1. Failure to post within 48 hours without advance notice will result in a prod.
  2. You have 24 hours to respond to a prod, lest you be replaced. Regardless, four prods will result in a force-replacement.
  3. If your role gives you access to a Private Topic, you may request that your partner be poked. This will not count as an official prod.
  4. Please give notice of extended leave in-thread or via PM.
  5. Each Day Phase will last two weeks (14 days) and Night Phase will last 48 hours. Extensions may be given in case of replacements.
  6. A missed Night Action will result in a No Action.

SetupThis game uses the setup Matrix6.

ABC
1Town JailkeeperVanilla TownieMafia Goon
2Mafia RoleblockerTown CopTown Doctor
3Town 1-shot
Bulletproof
Mafia GoonTown Tracker

Each Newbie Game is randomly assigned a setup that incorporates either one row or one column. The remaining six roles will be filled in by Mafia Goons and Vanilla Townies appropriately, to create a 2-Mafia and 7-Town setup. For example Row 1 (1 Jailkeeper, 1 Vanilla Townie, 1 Mafia Goon) would add an additional 5 Vanilla Townies and 1 Mafia Goon, for a total setup of 1 Jailkeeper, 6 Vanilla Townies, and 2 Mafia Goons.

The Natural Action Resolution system will be used for determining Night action effects. Roleblocker actions will take precedence over Jailkeeper actions should that apply.

Spoiler: Sample Role PMs
Vanilla TownieWelcome! You are a Vanilla Townie.

Abilities
You have no special abilities.

Win Condition
You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

[url]Here[/url] is the game thread. Please confirm via PM by stating your role name.

Town JailkeeperWelcome, [Player Name], you are a Town Jailkeeper.

Abilities
You may target one player per Night Phase. This player will be protected from kills and be prevented from using their own action, if they have one, during that Night Phase. You cannot target yourself.

Win Condition

[url]Here[/url] is the game thread. Please confirm via PM by stating your role name.

Town CopWelcome, [Player Name], you are a Town Cop.

Abilities
You may target one player per Night Phase. At the end of the Night Phase, you will be informed if they are Town or Mafia. If you are roleblocked, you will receive No Result.

Win Condition

Town DoctorWelcome, [Player Name], you are a Town Doctor.

Abilites
You may target one player per Night Phase. This player will be protected from kills during that Night Phase. You cannot target yourself.

Win Condition

1-shot Bulletproof TownieWelcome, [Player Name], you are a 1-shot Bulletproof Townie.

Abilities
You will survive 1 kill attempt during the game. This does not include lynches.

Win Condition

Town TrackerWelcome, [Player Name], you are a Town Tracker.

Abilities
You may target one player per Night Phase. At the end of the Night Phase, you will be informed what player they targeted with their action, if any.

Win Condition

Mafia GoonWelcome, [Player Name], you are a Mafia Goon, along with your partner, [Partner Name] (Mafia Goon/Roleblocker).

Abilities
You and your partner share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional Private Topic, located [url]here[/url], which you may use to discuss with your partner during pre-game and Night Phases.

Win Condition
You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

[url]Here[/url] is the game thread. Please confirm via PM by stating your role name, your partner's name, and your partner's role.

Mafia RoleblockerWelcome, [Player Name], you are a Mafia Roleblocker, along with your partner, [Partner Name] (Mafia Goon).

Abilities
You may target one player per night. This player will be prevented from performing their own action, if any.

You and your partner share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You may commit the kill and perform a roleblock in the same night phase. You also share a factional Private Topic, located [url]here[/url], which you may use to discuss with your partner during pre-game and Night Phases.

Win Condition
You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

[url]Here[/url] is the game thread. Please confirm via PM by stating your role name, your partner's name, and your partner's role.
Last edited by The Bulge on Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Bulge
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:24 pm

Role PMs are out! The game will begin once everyone has confirmed.

The Bulge
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:00 am

The remaining players have (expired on 2014-11-28 12:00:00) to confirm before they are replaced.

Mikazuki replaces Gregindahood. RachMarie replaces lolbabe.

The Bulge
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:17 pm

Votecount 1.0

With all players confirmed, Day 1 will begin!

Votecount 1.0
Kitz (0) -
comradekafka (0) -
SlickDilinger (0) -
Mikazuki (0) -
KittenLicks (0) -
RachMarie (0) -
GGG (0) -
Scripten (0) -
BlueBloodedToffee (0) -

Not Voting - Kitz, comradekafka, SlickDilinger, Mikazuki, KittenLicks, RachMarie, GGG, Scripten, BlueBloodedToffee

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

Deadline in (expired on 2014-12-12 22:17:00) (December 12th).

Scripten
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: He

Post Post #5  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:38 pm

VOTE: GGG

Allcaps names are scummy.

GGG
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:59 pm

VOTE: bluebloodedtoffee

Townies have good short names not long scummy names that can be abbreviated like bbt.

SlickDilinger
Townie

Post Post #7  (ISO)  » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:33 am

Does the opening post remind anyone else of the movie Oblivion?

That movie was good. Not quite 'so good', but still pretty good.

Anyways, to the game at hand.

VOTE: BlueBloodedToffee

My strategy is a simple one, but I'm not ready to share it yet. Also, I like where GGG is going with this. I am currently willing to change my vote pending discussion.

KittenLicks
Goon

Pronoun: She

Post Post #8  (ISO)  » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:25 am

Hi everyone. :3 I look forward to playing with you all.

So Slick adds another vote to bbt before he even comes online to notice he has been voted for once.

VOTE: SlickDillinger

GGG
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9  (ISO)  » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:29 am

In post 8, KittenLicks wrote:Hi everyone. :3 I look forward to playing with you all.

So Slick adds another vote to bbt before he even comes online to notice he has been voted for once.

This doesn't appear random anymore. Do you find an RVS wagon of two votes scummy?

SlickDilinger
Townie

Post Post #10  (ISO)  » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:45 am

KittenLicks wrote:Hi everyone. :3 I look forward to playing with you all.

Okay KittenLicks, you have placed me in a position where I must confess my strategy. I voted for bluebloodedtoffee because they:

1. Have not spoken up yet in this session (suspect, but, your right, not too suspect given how early in the game it is).
2. It's the lowest in alphabetical order.

Besides, given that GGG already threw-down, it made sense. I'm most concerned about moving out those in this little town that aren't active participants in democracy. Don't trust 'em! If bluebloodedtoffee speaks up, I'll change my vote as soon as I'm next online, and I'm good to my word.

I admire your noted strategy KittenLicks, but is it the best one?

Also, incidentally, does our town have a name? Do we propose one?

KittenLicks
Goon

Post Post #11  (ISO)  » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:42 am

In post 9, GGG wrote:
In post 8, KittenLicks wrote:Hi everyone. :3 I look forward to playing with you all.

This doesn't appear random anymore. Do you find an RVS wagon of two votes scummy?

Not highly scummy, no. My logic is as follows:
1) I have to vote for someone.
2)SlickDillinger is marginally more scummy than everyone else in my eyes, due to starting an RVS wagon immediately like that when the game has barely started and suggesting some vague strategy that they cannot share.
3)Vote.

I would still consider my vote fairly random.

Quick terminology note: Does 'wagon' mean 2 or more votes (as opposed to a single vote)? That is what I took the meaning as in this post.

SlickDilinger wrote:
KittenLicks wrote:Hi everyone. :3 I look forward to playing with you all.

Okay KittenLicks, you have placed me in a position where I must confess my strategy. I voted for bluebloodedtoffee because they:

1. Have not spoken up yet in this session (suspect, but, your right, not too suspect given how early in the game it is).
2. It's the lowest in alphabetical order.

Besides, given that GGG already threw-down, it made sense. I'm most concerned about moving out those in this little town that aren't active participants in democracy. Don't trust 'em! If bluebloodedtoffee speaks up, I'll change my vote as soon as I'm next online, and I'm good to my word.

I admire your noted strategy KittenLicks, but is it the best one?

Also, incidentally, does our town have a name? Do we propose one?

1) We must be a couple hours into the game, that is true of most people.
2) Perfectly valid. :)

I think it would be fun to have a name. :D I can't think of one off the top of my head, however.

KittenLicks
Goon

Post Post #12  (ISO)  » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:44 am

And I spelled your name wrong again, SlickDilinger. My bad.

Mikazuki
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13  (ISO)  » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:28 am

First game, hello everyone! :D

Might wait for a few more people to post before I cast my first vote!

SlickDilinger
Townie

Post Post #14  (ISO)  » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:54 am

In post 12, KittenLicks wrote:And I spelled your name wrong again, SlickDilinger. My bad.

It's cool, I appreciate the apology.

BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor

Post Post #15  (ISO)  » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:28 am

Intro to who and what I am as your IC for this game. Recommended for Newbies to read.

Spoiler: Intro IC Post
Hello to all,

I am BlueBloodedToffee (BBT) and I am the Inexperienced Challenged (IC) player in this game. What this means is first and foremost - I am here to play this game with you in a way that will show you what it is like to play on Mafiascum.net and hopefully set an example for you to follow. I am here to win and should be treated as such.

My goals and the rules governing my actions are covered in this handy article: Being a good IC

That article is part of our MafiaWiki System. I highly recommend this system as a good way to get your feet wet and to find out what a lot of the common abbreviations mean.

There is a lot of play strategy discussed in there too. A lot of players consider that advice almost all outdated now. I don't recommend trying to run verbatim with anything there, but a lot of the basic advice is very good to at least be aware of as it can help you avoid blatant pitfalls as you become familiar with the game play here.

Now, as an IC I am here as a resource for you to ask questions of concerning game theory. I WILL NOT lie about game theory answers and will answer them to the best of my ability. I will also offer you the following quick pieces of advice;

1. Don't self-vote. (There are really no points during a Newbie setup where this is a good idea, please avoid it however logical you may think it is)
2. It's generally considered bad town play to simply hammer (place the final vote on somebody to cause their lynch) somebody without 'stating intent to hammer' first. This gives the person under threat of being lynched time to claim, if he so chooses, and make their final post(s).
3. This site frowns on lying if you are a vanilla town role. I strongly advise against lying if you have this role as usually it will only hurt town in the end.
4. It's a game - have fun.

With that out of the way

VOTE: KittenLicks
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.

BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor

Post Post #16  (ISO)  » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:39 am

In post 11, KittenLicks wrote:2)SlickDillinger is marginally more scummy than everyone else in my eyes, due to starting an RVS wagon immediately like that when the game has barely started and suggesting some vague strategy that they cannot share.

Do you find RVS wagons particularly useful for information?

Are you suggesting that everyone should 'randomly' vote for somebody else as long as they don't have a vote on them? Because I'm not sure that's random.

In post 11, KittenLicks wrote:Quick terminology note: Does 'wagon' mean 2 or more votes (as opposed to a single vote)?

A wagon can be made of a single vote.

In post 13, Mikazuki wrote:First game, hello everyone! :D

Might wait for a few more people to post before I cast my first vote!

Is there a reason you're abstaining from RVS?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.

Mikazuki
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17  (ISO)  » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:53 am

I'd like to observe a little before voting, but I guess since we can unvote later it wouldn't hurt!

VOTE: KITZ for being first on the list :D

BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor

Post Post #18  (ISO)  » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:05 am

In post 17, Mikazuki wrote:I'd like to observe a little before voting, but I guess since we can unvote later it wouldn't hurt!

So, you've changed your mind now? You don't want to wait and are happy to place a vote?

Why the change of heart?

Mikazuki
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19  (ISO)  » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:36 am

Yup! Been doing a little research and such, and realised that there's really no difference if I vote now or later considering I can change my vote whenever.

BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor

Post Post #20  (ISO)  » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:23 am

What research have you done?

Mikazuki
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21  (ISO)  » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:50 am

Reading the wiki, threads on the forum etc.

So any specific reason you voted for KittenLicks?

BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor

Post Post #22  (ISO)  » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:02 am

Yeah, I disliked her defence of me.

Kitz
Goon

Post Post #23  (ISO)  » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:11 am

Just woke up and I like how active this day one is.

Seeing that some have made an unusually large post for a day one, it strikes me as a bit odd.

GGG
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24  (ISO)  » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:32 am

In post 17, Mikazuki wrote:I'd like to observe a little before voting, but I guess since we can unvote later it wouldn't hurt!

This seems a little scummy this early. It appears you are trying to avoid making a decision for yourself and waiting to place your vote when you can just follow the crowd. How much mafia have you played off of this site.

Next
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games