Newbie 1734 - Happy (Game Over)

Xalxe
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Pronoun: He

Post Post #0  (ISO)  » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:44 am

Newbie 1734
Happy

If you’re happy and you know it, you’re wanted for questioning.

Game Status: End
Deadline: [countdown]0.00[/countdown]

Player List
Grendel, rep. the blackadder **
Gallynukes, rep. nn30, rep. SooPinkminniegum97
Gamma Emerald
Lil Uzi Vert
Zyf, rep. Magibass *
Infinity 324 (SE)
Raskolnikov (SE)
Skold (SE) *
BlueBloodedToffee (IC), rep. kyndy101 1 (IC)

Spoiler: Living Players
Gamma Emerald
Zyf, rep. Magibass *
Infinity 324 (SE)

Spoiler: Dead Players
BlueBloodedToffee (IC), rep. kyndy101 1 (IC), Vanilla Townie, Lynched Day 1
Raskolnikov (SE), Vanilla Townie, Killed Night 1
Lil Uzi Vert, Vanilla Townie, Lynched Day 2
Gallynukes, rep. nn30, rep. SooPinkminniegum97, Vanilla Townie, Killed Night 2
Grendel, rep. the blackadder **, Mafia Goon, Lynched Day 3
Skold (SE), Mafia Goon, Lynched Day 4

Game Links
Day 1: ,
Day 2: ,
Day 3: ,
Day 4: ,
Last edited by Xalxe on Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:53 am, edited 24 times in total.
- Tic Tac Dough! -
- Betrayal: Widow's Walk -
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -

Xalxe
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #1  (ISO)  » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:45 am

Game Rules
Adapted and distilled from various moderators

Wheaton's Law
Don't be a dick.

Remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun. Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game. Playing to win does not preclude being considerate of each other!

I have a low tolerance for personal attacks in this game. I reserve the right to warn you publicly or privately and to remove you from the game at any time. When in doubt, see Wheaton's Law.

General Rules/Game Etiquette
  1. This game will start with a Day phase.
  2. Communication outside the thread (if your role specifically allows it) is allowed until the game begins. It is not permitted otherwise during day phases.
  3. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable. When in doubt, ask me. I don't bite!
  4. Please remember that you made a commitment to participate when you signed up to play. If you cannot fulfill this commitment, please contact the Mod and request a replacement instead of just disappearing! I won't hate you, I promise.
  5. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it. If someone contacts you outside the game you should report it to me IMMEDIATELY.

Activity/Prods/Replacements
  1. You should aim for one post every 48 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.
  2. Prods of missing players will be issued upon request or after 2 real-life days of no activity.
  3. A prodded player has 48 hours to respond to the prod with a game-advancing post, after which time a replacement search will begin. The prodded player may re-enter the game so long as no replacement has been found.
  4. A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to possible replacement without further notice.
  5. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please PM the Mod so that you don’t get replaced! However, if it is an extended period of time I may replace you anyway, so check first.

Deadlines
  1. All Newbie games have strict 2-week deadlines.
  2. Extensions are given only in extreme circumstances. Not "extreme" like "woah dude, that gnarly flip was so extreme," but "extreme" like "woah dude, that tsunami that wiped out the servers was so extreme."
  3. Nights will have a standard deadline of 72 hours.
  4. If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you may forfeit your actions.
  5. Deadlines may be shortened if activity is too low, or if all Night choices have been received early.

Player Actions/Voting/Player Death
  1. A simple majority of all living players must agree on one person (via voting) for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down). If no one has a simple majority of votes at deadline a No Lynch will occur.
  2. Votes should be bolded or they may not be counted (e.g. Vote: Player). Vote tags are your friend and are much sexier, trust me.
  3. Vote revocations should be bolded or they may not be counted (e.g. Unvote: Player or Unvote). Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
  4. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a Lynch.
  5. Votes/Unvotes should be placed on a line all by themselves to make them easier for everyone to see.
  6. Votes/Unvotes that reasonably follow the guidelines specified above, and are unambiguous with respect to player nicknames/abbreviations, will count. Attempting to fake a vote will result in a Modkill.
  7. Once a player has reached a simple majority of votes no further unvoting will change their fate. Muahahahaha.
  8. When a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players may continue to post.
  9. If you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post except for a brief “Bah!”-type post that contains NO game related information. It may include up to one (1) picture of a cute animal.
  10. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).
  11. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.

Miscellaneous
  1. Mech and ooc text is reserved for the Mod. Do not use either of these; ooc will be used when I edit your posts. No invisible/small/encrypted text is allowed.
  2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM me privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread. I don't bite. If you aren't comfortable taking the issue to me, send it up the chain to Mina.
  3. The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game. If I fuck up too badly I'll buy you all a cookie or something.
  4. Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.
  5. Rules violations will be dealt with according to their severity (up to and including a Modkill) as the Mod sees fit.
  6. Modkills may be accompanied by a change to day/night. The offender’s role will be changed to Neutral Survivor, which guarantees a loss.
  7. Any situation not explicitly covered above is subject to Mod discretion and will be handled as the Mod sees fit on a case-by-case basis.

Sexy and Helpful Links:
- Tic Tac Dough! -
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -

Xalxe
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #2  (ISO)  » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:45 am

Newbie Setup
Matrix6 (as designed by Cogito Ergo Sum)

ABC
1Town JailkeeperVanilla TownieMafia Goon
2Mafia RoleblockerTown CopTown Doctor
3Town 1-shot
Bulletproof
Mafia GoonTown Tracker

Each Newbie Game will be given a setup that incorporates either one row or one column. The remaining six roles will be filled in by mafia goons and vanilla townies appropriately, to create a 2-mafia and 7-town setup. For example Row 1 (1 jailkeeper, 1 vanilla townie, 1 mafia goon) would add an additional 5 vanilla townies and 1 mafia goon, for a total setup of 1 jailkeeper, 6 vanilla townies, and 2 mafia goons.

*Roleblocker will take precedence over jailkeeper when resolving night actions should that apply.

Spoiler: Sample Role PMs
Vanilla TownieWelcome to Newbie XXXX, yournamehere!

You are a Vanilla Townie.

You have no special abilities.

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

The game thread is [url]here[/url]. Please confirm by sending me your favorite quote from a TV show, movie, other form of media or famous person.

Town JailkeeperWelcome to Newbie XXXX, yournamehere!

You are a Town Jailkeeper.

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills and be prevented from using their own action, if they have one, during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

The game thread is [url]here[/url]. Please confirm by sending me your favorite quote from a TV show, movie, other form of media or famous person.

Town CopWelcome to Newbie XXXX, yournamehere!

You are a Town Cop.

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed if they are Town or Mafia. If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

Town DoctorWelcome to Newbie XXXX, yournamehere!

You are a Town Doctor.

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

1-shot Bulletproof TownieWelcome to Newbie XXXX, yournamehere!

You are a 1-shot Bulletproof Townie.

You will survive 1 kill attempt during the game. This does not include lynches.

Town TrackerWelcome to Newbie XXXX, yournamehere!

You are a Town Tracker.

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed what player they targeted with their action, if any.

Mafia GoonWelcome to Newbie XXXX, yournamehere!

You are a Mafia Goon.

Your partner is PLAYER, who is a Mafia Goon/Roleblocker.

You share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional PT, located [url]here[/url], which you may talk in during pregame and night phases.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

Mafia RoleblockerWelcome to Newbie XXXX, yournamehere!

You are a Mafia Roleblocker.

Your partner is PLAYER, who is a Mafia Goon.

You may target one player per night. This player will be prevented from performing their own action, if any.

You share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You may commit the kill and perform a roleblock in the same night phase. You also share a factional PT, located [url]here[/url], which you may talk in during pregame and night phases.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

- Tic Tac Dough! -

Xalxe
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #3  (ISO)  » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:47 am

I will now begin to send out Role PMs. Please confirm as described in the PM. Day 1 will begin when 7/9 players have confirmed.

EDIT: All Role PMs have been sent out at this time.
- Tic Tac Dough! -

Xalxe
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #4  (ISO)  » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:26 am

With 7/9 confirmations, Day 1 begins!

Deadline is 14 days from now, or (expired on 2016-09-01 07:26:54).
- Tic Tac Dough! -

Gamma Emerald
Undiscovered

Post Post #5  (ISO)  » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:21 am

Hello. This is my first game here, but not my first ever. Get ready to get RAWKED!

kyndy101
Goon

Pronoun: She

Post Post #6  (ISO)  » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:27 am

Hello everyone! I am an IC, here to help! If you have any questions, please, feel free to ask ^_^
"ARANEA: No! I will not "clam down." Clamming is not something you can do, unless you do it UP, or you are literally retrieving clams from a 8ed of soft oceanic soil"
"TEREZI: 1T 1S L1K3 TH3 L3G1SL4C3R4TORS H4NDBOOK S4YS
TEREZI: THOS3 WHO 4R3 CUT FROM TH3 S4M3 CLOTH
TEREZI: 4R3 F1T TO SW1NG FROM TH3 S4M3 ROP3!"

Infinity 324
Survivor

Post Post #7  (ISO)  » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:55 am

Hi guys, I'm an SE and I can also help answer questions and stuff

VOTE: gamma

Random vote to get things started
Show

Raskolnikov
Thanks

Post Post #8  (ISO)  » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:39 am

Hey it's infinity and kydney.

VOTE: SooPinkminniegum97
Pink is a shade of red :neutral:
deranged and incoherent
"How did this game end in 5 pages"

Infinity 324
Survivor

Post Post #9  (ISO)  » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:42 am

VOTE: rask

Stretches to justify a random vote
Show

Raskolnikov
Thanks

Post Post #10  (ISO)  » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:49 am

Well shit.
deranged and incoherent
"How did this game end in 5 pages"

Gamma Emerald
Undiscovered

Post Post #11  (ISO)  » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:51 am

VOTE: Kyndy
Random vote.

Skold
Goon

Post Post #12  (ISO)  » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:11 am

VOTE: infinity
That seemed an over reach.
Heads up for everyone though, I've given up the use of scumtells because I have yet to find one that actually does anything to confirm scum.
I'd put some philosophical bollocks here but I cannot be bothered.
Scumtells are bullshit, find something else to fill pages with please.

Infinity 324
Survivor

Post Post #13  (ISO)  » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:20 am

The point of scumtells is not to confirm anyone as scum, it's to indicate someone is scum.
Show

Skold
Goon

Post Post #14  (ISO)  » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:29 am

And they usually don't even do that much.

Infinity 324
Survivor

Post Post #15  (ISO)  » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:31 am

t depends on the situation, personally I put more weight into towntells than scumtells (especially early on) but I wouldn't go to the extreme of throwing out scumtells entirely.
Show

Infinity 324
Survivor

Post Post #16  (ISO)  » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:31 am

It* depends
Show

Magibass
Townie

Post Post #17  (ISO)  » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:03 pm

VOTE: the blackadder

New player to mafia, though I played "Assassin Games" on some other forum, which are based on mafia games, though without separate day and night phases & more relying on "day posts", so I'm new but not too new I guess. Looking forward to these games.

Gamma Emerald
Undiscovered

Post Post #18  (ISO)  » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:23 pm

This is my first game here, but not my first game of forum Mafia ever.

Gamma Emerald
Undiscovered

Post Post #19  (ISO)  » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:30 pm

I your happy and you know it, paint it blue!

Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor

Post Post #20  (ISO)  » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:29 pm

In post 7, Infinity 324 wrote:Hi guys, I'm an SE and I can also help answer questions and stuff

VOTE: gamma

Random vote to get things started

Checking in. How is everyone?

VOTE: Magibass just because

Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor

Post Post #21  (ISO)  » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:29 pm

Didn't mean to quote you Infinity, phone is acting weird

Gamma Emerald
Undiscovered

Post Post #22  (ISO)  » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:31 pm

In post 12, Skold wrote:VOTE: infinity
That seemed an over reach.
Heads up for everyone though, I've given up the use of scumtells because I have yet to find one that actually does anything to confirm scum.

Now that I think about it, this seems rather scumvenient.
FoS: infinity
Sometimes silence is the loudest thing you can say.

Infinity 324
Survivor

Post Post #23  (ISO)  » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:38 pm

Why do you think that? Why didn't you vote me?
Show

Gamma Emerald
Undiscovered

Post Post #24  (ISO)  » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:06 pm

That seems like a sneaky escape route for when the scumtells start rolling out and you aren't coming up with anything. And since you asked so politely:
VOTE: Infinity
Sometimes silence is the loudest thing you can say.

Next
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games