Newbie 1765 | URW | Endgame

Plotinus
Most Cunning Manipulator
Most Cunning Manipulator

Pronoun: He

Post Post #0  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:14 am

Newbie 1765 | URW

<Plotinus> urwbot, start
<URWBot> Custom - too easy, named Kerttu, 6) Koivulainen, Female, 2) Summer, 7) I want to be a fisherman. First reduce each skill as much as possible, then increase these skills: sword, swimming, bow, trapping, ritual, skiing, herblore, climbing, building, tracking, timbercraft, fishing
<URWBot> Starting quest: Go to starting region and build a home there. Your favourite weapon type is sword. Trade as a Carpenter (selling wooden items)

Moderated by Plotinus

Original Playerlist:

1. ConnorJC
  2. midnight-panda
  3. DefyingGravity
  4. Superhans
  5. Lovesick
  6. FancyPants (SE)
  7. LicketyQuickety (SE)
  8. TheDominator37 (SE)
  9. Nachomamma8 (IC)

Spoiler: Game reveals (9)
  1. TheDominator37 (SE)2, town Jailkeeper, lynched day 1, but won posthumously!
  2. Superhans, Vanilla Townie, killed night 1, but won posthumously!
  3. Secret Agent Jin replaced Lovesick1, Mafia Goon, lynched day 2
  4. ConnorJC, Vanilla Townie, killed night 2, but won posthumously!
  5. Grendel (SE) replaced FancyPants (SE)1, mafia roleblocker, lynched day 3
  6. Rautherdir1 replaced Immy; midnight-panda, town 1-shot bulletproof, survived and won!
  7. toblerone187 replaced DefyingGravity, Vanilla Townie, survived and won!
  8. LicketyQuickety (SE), Vanilla Townie, survived and won!
  9. Nachomamma8 (IC)2, Vanilla Townie, survived and won!

Spoiler: Replacement Queue (1)
  • ThinkBig (SE)

Spoiler: Spectators (1)
  • hubris

Events - Immy replaces midnight-panda, toblerone187 replaces DefyingGravity in pregame
- Day 1 starts
- Rautherdir replaces Immy (who hadn't picked up their role pm yet)
- TheDominator37 is lynched, end of Day 1

- Superhans is killed, Day 2 starts
- Grendel replaces FancyPants
- Secret Agent Jin replaces Lovesick
- Secret Agent Jin is lynched, end of Day 2

- ConnorJC is killed, Day 3 starts
- Grendel is lynched, end of day 3

- End Game Posts, links, etc.
Last edited by Plotinus on Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:46 am, edited 20 times in total.
"If Plotfrog is scum, town should feel bad that scumfrog is the only person here with common sense" -- The Blue Blur

Cake Wrecks is over.

Plotinus
Most Cunning Manipulator
Most Cunning Manipulator

Post Post #1  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:33 am

Rules

Inspired by Equinox's, Glork's and Ether's rulesets.

important bit

• 14-day day phase, 48 hour night phase
  • Majority lynches
  • 48 hours before prod, 24 hours before replacement, 24 hour weekends
  • Bah posts allowed (limit: 1, free of game related content)
  • I have some unusual rules about animated GIFs, tiny text, and prodging. Scroll down for details.
  • Don’t be a dick

1. Follow all site rules.
  2. Mod colour - My mod colour is red and blue faded text; don't use it.
  3. Behaviour - Don’t be a dick. This is a heated game but below the belt attacks will not be tolerated. Attack the play not the player.
  4. Don't talk about ongoing games - You may not talk to each other about this game outside of threads I have created for this purpose. You may not talk about other ongoing games in this thread.
  5. Animated GIFs - are of the devil, but they are permitted behind spoilers if clearly labelled as such.
  6. Tiny text - is also of the devil, keep it 70+ please.
  7. Provable randomness - is against the rules. Saying that you rolled a dice is fine, using dice tags or random.org is not.
  8. Cryptography - is forbidden. Breadcrumbing is okay.
  9. Confirmation - You have about 48 hours to confirm your role and your alignment by PM. Game will start sooner if everyone confirms. Posting in a private topic counts as confirmation.
  10. Days - Days last about 14 days, starting at 9am CET and ending at 2 PM CET. Extensions may be granted if there are replacements.
  11. Activity - You must post at least once every 48 hours or I will Prod you. You then have 24 hours to post in the game thread or I will replace you. The activity timers run at half-speed on weekends. If you need to be absent for longer than this, you should declare V/LA in bold in the thread like this: [b]@Mod: I will be v/la until Thursday[/b]. Players can request me to prod somebody early. This will only count as an official prod if you don't post before you would have been due for a prod.
  12. Prods - A naked "prod dodge" does not reset the prod timer. To avoid being prodded/replaced for inactivity, include some game advancing content in your prodges, such as "got prodded; xxxx is still scum."
  13. Quoting - You may not quote (or copy paste) any private information into the thread, including your role PM and any mod communication.
  14. Voting - Votes must be in bold in the format VOTE: Plotinus or Vote: Plotinus. Strong preference for using vote tags instead of bold tags. Unvotes are nice but not required. If I think it’s a vote, it’s a vote, no tricks. Type [v]Plotinus[/v] to vote and [uv]Plotinus[/uv] to unvote.
  15. Lynching - Days end early when a simple majority of players (50% of living players + 1 rounded down) vote to lynch somebody. If a majority is not reached at deadline or if a majority of the players vote for no lynch, the day will end without a lynch. At evens, 50% is sufficient for no lynch.
  16. Twilight - Begins when a majority is reached and lasts until I lock the thread. You're still alive until I flip you so you can talk in any game threads you have access to until then, but no votes or unvotes will be counted.
  17. Nights - Night lasts at least 48 hours, ending at 9am CET. The night phase can be shortened if every living player -- even those with no night actions -- agrees to it and if I'm not busy.
  18. Action submissions - You may submit actions via PM (if town) or PT (if scum). If the actions are not submitted by the deadline then you do nothing. You can change your mind as many times as you like before the deadline.
  19. Reminders - If I don't hear from you about your night actions, I'll PM you 24 hours before the deadline. This doesn't count as a prod. If I still don't hear from you, you will take no action.
  20. Play to win - and have fun!
"If Plotfrog is scum, town should feel bad that scumfrog is the only person here with common sense" -- The Blue Blur

Cake Wrecks is over.

Plotinus
Most Cunning Manipulator
Most Cunning Manipulator

Post Post #2  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:36 am

important setup informationNewbie Setup
Matrix6 (as designed by Cogito Ergo Sum):

ABC
1Town JailkeeperVanilla TownieMafia Goon
2Mafia RoleblockerTown CopTown Doctor
3Town 1-shot
Bulletproof
Mafia GoonTown Tracker

Each Newbie Game will be given a setup that incorporates either one row or one column. The remaining six roles will be filled in by mafia goons and vanilla townies appropriately, to create a 2-mafia and 7-town setup.

All Newbie games use the Natural Action Resolution system for determining Night action effects. Roleblocker actions will take precedence over Jailkeeper actions should that apply. The 1-shot Bulletproof is a passive ability that cannot be roleblocked.

Sample Role PMs:

Vanilla TownieWelcome!

You are a Vanilla Townie.

You have no special abilities.

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

The game thread is [url]here[/url].

Confirm by replying with your role name and alignment.

Town JailkeeperWelcome!

You are a Town Jailkeeper.

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills and be prevented from using their own action, if they have one, during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

Town CopWelcome!

You are a Town Cop.

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed if they are Town or Mafia. If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

Town DoctorWelcome!

You are a Town Doctor.

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

1-shot Bulletproof TownieWelcome!

You are a 1-shot Bulletproof Townie.

You will survive 1 kill attempt during the game. This does not include lynches.

Town TrackerWelcome!

You are a Town Tracker.

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed what player they targeted with their action, if any.

Mafia GoonWelcome!

You are a Mafia Goon.

Your partner is PLAYER, who is a Mafia Goon/Roleblocker.

You share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional PT, located [url]here[/url], where you may talk during night phases only.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

Confirm by replying with your role name and alignment or by posting in your PT.

Mafia RoleblockerWelcome!

You are a Mafia Roleblocker.

Your partner is PLAYER, who is a Mafia Goon.

You may target one player per night. This player will be prevented from performing their own action, if any.

You share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You may commit the kill and perform a roleblock in the same night phase. You also share a factional PT, located [url]here[/url], where you may talk during night phases only.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

Confirm by replying with your role name and alignment or by posting in your PT.

Cake Wrecks is over.

Plotinus
Most Cunning Manipulator
Most Cunning Manipulator

Post Post #3  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:29 pm

I'm going to setup our home base in this coniferous forest surrounded by water.

All role PMs have been sent out (in the order of the signup list so timestamps mean nothing)! We will start in (expired on 2016-12-16 09:00:00) or when [8/9] people have confirmed, whichever happens sooner.

The above clock and any others used throughout this game will be accurate from the time you loaded the page.

Edit: [7/9] have confirmed so far and I am going to sleep! Maybe the rest of you will confirm while I am sleeping! I might be 31 vote counts ahead on flavour already. >.>

Cake Wrecks is over.

Plotinus
Most Cunning Manipulator
Most Cunning Manipulator

Post Post #4  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:00 am

Immy replaces midnight-panda and toblerone187 replaces DefyingGravity, both of whom failed to pick up their role PMs. They will have (expired on 2016-12-19 09:00:00) to confirm or they will be replaced.

Cake Wrecks is over.

Plotinus
Most Cunning Manipulator
Most Cunning Manipulator

Post Post #5  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:01 am

Official Vote Count 1.00

I zoomed in on that tile and spent all of our first game day building a shelter out of some spruce twigs and slender tree trunks. It will keep the rain off our heads at night. I'll build a more impressive house later!

LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

:!: Everybody (L-5): nobody

Not Voting (9): ConnorJC, FancyPants, Immy, LicketyQuickety, Lovesick, Nachomamma8, Superhans, TheDominator37, toblerone187

Mod notes: Good skill everyone!

Please take a moment to familiarise yourselves with my ruleset because I have some rules you may not have encountered in other games before regarding animated gifs, tiny text, prodging, proxying, last words, fallback kills and perhaps some other things!

Deadline: (expired on 2016-12-30 14:00:00).

Cake Wrecks is over.

LicketyQuickety
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:09 am

Hi,

I'm qualified as an IC, but I don't want the responsibility of having to give "correct" theory. Reason for this is I tend to think outside the box a bit.

As my first action, the cop is going to investigate Nachomamma8 and you are going to Town read me for saying such.

Also, Hi, hubris, hope you enjoy the game.
"...(I also think that meta-diving LQ proves that he's a "non-traditional" player (whatever that means) more than his words do)." ~Nachomamma8
Surreptitious II: Secrecy and Misdirection is in the works. NOW TAKING PRE-INS!!!
Wiki up to date.

LicketyQuickety
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Also, I am wondering when the view/post ratio goes less than 10/1.
"...(I also think that meta-diving LQ proves that he's a "non-traditional" player (whatever that means) more than his words do)." ~Nachomamma8
Surreptitious II: Secrecy and Misdirection is in the works. NOW TAKING PRE-INS!!!
Wiki up to date.

FancyPants
Goon

Post Post #8  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:58 am

VOTE: TheDominator37

Terrible name.

Obvious scumlord, lynch immediately please.

Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details

Post Post #9  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:18 am

Good morning.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.

toblerone187
Goon

Post Post #10  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:32 am

Hey everyone.... be gentle with me

Superhans
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:08 am

Hello Everybody!

LicketyQuickety, what do you mean by IC? You're an experienced ayer right, meant to help us noobs? Are can ICs be assigned as mafia?

Sorry for these very basic questions but it would be even stupider of me not to.ask.

Superhans
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:09 am

Also sorry for terrible punctuation I'm using my phone at the moment, grammar will improve in the future.

Lovesick
Goon

Pronoun: She

Post Post #13  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:23 am

ICs can be any alignment I believe, they're here to help the new, troubled players with the ways things work and etc however no more than that - correct me if I'm wrong though. Hopefully we have a spike of activity at one point otherwise this game may get difficult.

TheDominator37
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: She

Post Post #14  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:53 am

VOTE: Dom
EARLY GAME WAGON WOOOO!!!!!

Plotinus
Most Cunning Manipulator
Most Cunning Manipulator

Post Post #15  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:02 pm

Rautherdir replaces midnight-panda instead of Immy. (You're only allowed to play one game at a time if it's your first game, and Mina just told me that Immy is in already in their first game.) Rautherdir will have (expired on 2016-12-19 18:00:00) to confirm or they'll be replaced.

Cake Wrecks is over.

Rautherdir
Goon

Post Post #16  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:48 pm

Posting to confirm, reading through the thread now

Rautherdir
Goon

Post Post #17  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:52 pm

That was a short read. Also, TheDominator37, did you just vote yourself?

Superhans
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:59 pm

Voting for yourself is scummy imho.
Join the Dominator bandwagon.

VOTE: TheDominator27

toblerone187
Goon

Post Post #19  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:08 pm

In post 18, Superhans wrote:Voting for yourself is scummy imho.

Saying silly things are scummy is scummy

VOTE: Superhans

Superhans
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:12 pm

Shhould I vote toblerone187 because saying silly things are scummy is scummy (in this case saying silly things are scummy is scummy)?

Rautherdir
Goon

Post Post #21  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:15 pm

No, I'll do it.

VOTE: toblerone187

Although if you vote for me we can have a 3-person chain. Which makes absolutely no sense gameplay wise.

toblerone187
Goon

Post Post #22  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:17 pm

I could vote for myself

Rautherdir
Goon

Post Post #23  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:21 pm

The goal for day one is to create conversation. A self-vote doesn't really have the ability to do that. Which is why it's considered scummy to vote for yourself.

Rautherdir
Goon

Post Post #24  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:24 pm

However, the reason I didn't vote for TheDominator37 is because we need that conversation to happen. A bandwagon on day 1 does almost nothing if we aren't actually talking.

Next
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games