Newbie 1795 | Summer | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Cero68
Cero68
Townie
Cero68
Townie
Townie

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2017 5:24 pm

Post by Cero68 »

Hey Kawl,

I'll assume your question is directed at me because it doesn't make sense to me if it isn't.

I don't know when he decided to fake claim BP, but it was obviously early in the BP strategy or maybe sometime after it was brought up. I'm not too sure about the logistics, but is there some sort of counter strategy to it that involves calling. I thought it was kind of strange after we lynched him.

(Also a quick question, does the BP/not BP thing work in regular games?)
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2017 5:46 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

I apologize kawl.

VOTE: Arnold

I think that puts him at L-1.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2017 5:47 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

The BP claim wasn't a good move and I doubt much thought was put into it.
Kawl
Kawl
Townie
Kawl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2017 6:07 pm

Post by Kawl »

It was a general question really. Why does that question not make sense if it wasn't directed to you cero?
Cero68
Cero68
Townie
Cero68
Townie
Townie

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2017 6:13 pm

Post by Cero68 »

The order of the post. It just made sense that it was directed at me since that's how I read it.
Kawl
Kawl
Townie
Kawl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2017 6:54 pm

Post by Kawl »

Alright, looking at interactions at the start of the voting phase, I don't buy that a scum cero stacks his vote so readily with scum Not Mafia. In addition you have posts like 133 in which I see NM throw shade at Cero that doesn't read fake to me. Nothing else in my reread up to the BP claim by NM goes against that original read and nothing is sticking out in my recollection of the day 2 posts to move him away from that.

I originally was scum reading Cece from some oddities in her early posts (74, seems to be a weird tentative statement after riding cero hard earlier that page for asking "googleable questions" but maybe I'm missing the tongue in cheek ness of the post, 123 mentions the 3 non active posters at that point but specifically mentions NM of the three as looking funny...)

But then 175 provides some pretty good reason for why they were differentiating NM from the other two in that post at 123. The tentativeness of the follow up post in 178 on asking if they should continue he read or not mitigates the good feelings a little bit, but the back and forth from 181 to 188 further moves me away from thinking that interaction was w/w.

Cero jumps on NM with the second vote there, and I'm wondering if it was at this point that NM decided to fake claim. I asked, because if it was decided at this point, the interactions before would be genuine and not misleading. If NM had decided much earlier on in the day then looking at anything he posted before that becomes a bit of a dangerous game, as it becomes more likely that the back and forth with cece was fabricated to give her credit once he flipped. Personally, I think the building pressure and the numerous people calling him out for drive by posting without value pushed him to decide to at least take out a PR with him.

I also don't see scum!Cece making post 224 knowing full well that a counter claim will be coming for NM's claim and he will definitely be lynched.

I'm fine lynching Arnold today as something about his posts rubbed me the wrong way a bit upon rereading, but considering I town read the other two people being bandied as the next obvious lynches via POE, I'll take some time to look at Zito and JJ more tomorrow.
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Goon
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2017 7:34 pm

Post by Arnold Schwarzenegger »

I have nothing more to add.

Please reconsider my thoughts after my flip.
In memory of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Radja's character pick in Survivor: 2016
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2017 7:43 pm

Post by jjh927 »

That is an immensely lazy attitude, Arnold. It feels like you're trying to pull off some kind of AtE without actually AtEing.

Try doing something. Like, talking to me, for example, like I asked you to.
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Goon
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2017 9:15 pm

When the entire playerlist scumreads you and disagrees with you, I don't really see the point in continuing to push what I believe in.

I think flipping me will help sort this game. There's plenty of information to gain as I gave this game all I had.

What do you want to talk about?
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2017 9:16 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Uuh, let's start off with how this clearly isn't the entire playlist scumreading you, and I thought a couple of people agreed with you?

Who is scum if Zito is not scum?
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Goon
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2017 9:17 pm

I don't think it's fair you call me lazy though. This is exactly what I mean when I say there's no point in fighting this. There's a lot of confbias going on.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2017 9:19 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Giving up and saying "Oh well, lynch me then and then reconsider the things I've said" IS lazy.
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Goon
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2017 9:21 pm

In post 584, jjh927 wrote:Uuh, let's start off with how this clearly isn't the entire playlist scumreading you, and I thought a couple of people agreed with you?

Who is scum if Zito is not scum?
I haven't seen anyone agreeing with me.

Probably Kawl. He supports my wagon but doesn't hammer me. He also doesn't really give a reason why he supports it, other than "I rub him the wrong way"
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Goon
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2017 9:22 pm

In post 586, jjh927 wrote:Giving up and saying "Oh well, lynch me then and then reconsider the things I've said" IS lazy.
I've been arguing with you for days now. We don't share the same views. I don't see the point in trying again
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2017 9:22 pm

Post by jjh927 »

I'm not a stubborn person, and I'm having a bad feeling about your lynch. Go be an active part of the game.

Why do you think Zito is scum?
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2017 9:25 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Arnold, that's not how you go about convincing people. Let's have you frame the debate here first so we can approach it from an angle that is clear and concise. No misinterpretations. Because our earlier argument was fraught with misinterpretations and that hasn't exactly given me a lot of confidence in this read.
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Goon
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2017 9:25 pm

I have been an active part of this game since I replaced in. If nobody hammers, I will continue do to so.

I have said multiple times why I think Zito is scum. It hasn't changed. Although I'm starting to doubt that read now.

I'm fairly confident the game ends after we lynch Zito/Kawl
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2017 9:27 pm

Post by jjh927 »

You have been a part of this game. I believe activity is defined by scumhunting and you've done little of that, from my perspective. You have, however, latched on to the occasional little thing and tried to get everyone to talk about said little thing and your unrelenting opinions about it.
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Goon
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2017 9:27 pm

If you want me to go over stuff with you again, I will. I can't do that right now though. Phone posting is hard enough as it is.
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Goon
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2017 9:28 pm

In post 592, jjh927 wrote:You have been a part of this game. I believe activity is defined by scumhunting and you've done little of that, from my perspective. You have, however, latched on to the occasional little thing and tried to get everyone to talk about said little thing and your unrelenting opinions about it.
I yet again disagree.
It's a fact I didn't have any solid scumreads on day 1. I think Ive done plenty of it on day 2
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2017 9:28 pm

Post by jjh927 »

You may have said it multiple times but I'm not dredging my way through your iso for points that you might not still stand by that are open for misinterpreation. So yeah, go again.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2017 9:30 pm

Post by jjh927 »

UNVOTE: Arnold

Let's see where this goes, anyhow.
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Goon
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2017 9:31 pm

You want my case in Zito again then?
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2017 9:32 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 365, Kawl wrote:So Not Mafia makes that claim knowing 100% that someone will be able to counterclaim him. That just doesn't make sense.
Talk to me about this. I think I'm done flitting around.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2017 9:34 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Yeah, but let's talk about Kawl for a second first, seeing as you're phoneposting and aren't in a great position to redo a case.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”