GuiltyLion

Spoiler: (Dead):
LicketyQuickety, lynched Day One, Vanilla Townie
Syryana, lynched Day Three, Mafia Goon
GreenLiquid, killed Night Three, Town Cop
innocentvillager, lynched Day Four, Mafia Roleblocker

Spoiler: (Modkilled):
Hopefully none, ever, zilch.

Important Game Events: Day One Begins Day One Ends Day Two Begins Day Two Ends Day Three Begins Day Three Ends Day Four Begins Day Four Ends--Game Over

There is one Inexperienced Challenged player in the game; a description of this player’s function is here

There are two Semi-Experienced players in the game; a description of these players’ function is here
Last edited by penguin_alien on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:09 pm, edited 18 times in total.

penguin_alien
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: She

Post Post #1  (ISO)  » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:58 pm

RULES (inspired by the rule sets of Faraday, Maestro, and Nexus):

General Behavioral Expectations:
• All site-wide rules are to be followed. They can be found here. Rules here are also in effect. Important points are:

o Personal attacks on any basis are prohibited. Excessive vulgarity will also be stomped upon. When in doubt, err on the side of being civil and respectful.
o Play to your win condition.

Game Play, Voting, Lynching, and Night Actions:
• You may not edit or delete posts once they have been submitted.
• Do not quote mod communications anywhere in the thread. This is my bolded color so do not use it for any purposes, particularly impersonating me.
• Claiming to be an anti-town player sharing an alignment with another living player in the game is a modkillable offense regardless of one's actual alignment or whether the statement was intended to be taken seriously.
• When placing a vote, it is not necessary to unvote first or to put your vote on a new line. However, votes must be submitted in bold like this: VOTE: penguin_alien or like this: VOTE: penguin_alien. I will accept any votes in these formats so long as I can tell the intended target from the abbreviation used.
• Lynches (or decisions to no-lynch) require a majority of the votes in play.
• No cryptography is permitted.
• Discussion may continue in twilight.
• Once you are killed, do not post in the game thread. This includes ‘Bah!’ posts.
• Night actions may be PMed to me or posted in bold in the appropriate PTs. If you know you will be V/LA during the night phase, you may send in a conditional night action in advance.

Activity Parameters and Mod Communication:
• Prods will be sent out by PM to players who have not posted within the past 48 hours. Players receiving prods have 24 hours to post before I will start looking for a replacement. If the day ends before you can respond in-thread, you must PM me within the allotted time.
• Three prods in one game day phase or four prods overall will result in my replacing you.
• Day phases will last two weeks. Night phases will last two days.
• While you are welcome to post about any issues that arise in the thread (use bold to get my attention, please) you may also PM me concerning any problems. Use your best judgment here, and I will endeavor to do the same. This also applies to issues with me/my modding or other players.
• If you go on V/LA, please PM me.
• Alterations to these rules will be announced in-thread and PMed to all players in the event they become necessary either due to unforeseen circumstances or my own oversights.

Miscellaneous or Game-Specific Topics:

• None for this game.

Violations of these rules will result in a warning for a first offense and a potential forced-replacement or modkill for subsequent offenses. I reserve the right to skip the warning for particularly willful or egregious violations.
Last edited by penguin_alien on Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

penguin_alien
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2  (ISO)  » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:00 pm

Setup Rules
    This game uses the Matrix6 semi-open setup. That means that the existing roles will be chosen using 1 row or column from the following table:

ABC
      1Town JailkeeperVanilla TownieMafia Goon
      2Mafia RoleblockerTown CopTown Doctor
      3Town 1-shot
      Bulletproof
      Mafia GoonTown Tracker
    All empty spaces will be filled with Vanilla Townies and Mafia Goons until there are 7 Town-aligned players and 2 Mafia-aligned players.
All possible Role PMs follow:

Spoiler: Role PMs:
Vanilla Townie:

Welcome, X. You are a Vanilla Townie.

Powers: You have no powers except your brain and your vote.

Win Condition: You win with the Town when all the Mafia members are dead and at least one town member is alive.

The game thread is [url]here[/url]

Please confirm via PM with your role name.

Town Jailkeeper:

Welcome, X. You are the Town Jailkeeper.

Powers: Each night you may PM me the name of a player you wish to target. If successful, that player will be unable to perform any night actions and will be protected from night kills.

Win Condition: You win with the Town when all the Mafia members are dead and at least one town member is alive.

Town Cop:

Welcome, X. You are the Town Cop.

Powers: Each night you may PM me the name of a player you wish to target. If successful, you will be told whether that player is ‘Mafia’ or ‘Not Mafia’; if unsuccessful, you will be told ‘No Result.’

Town Doctor:

Welcome, X. You are the Town Doctor.

Powers: Each night you may PM me the name of a player you wish to target. If successful, that player will be protected from being killed that night.

Town 1-Shot Bulletproof:

Welcome, X. You are the Town 1-Shot Bulletproof.

Powers: The first night you are targeted for a kill, it will be unsuccessful. You will not be informed that this ability has activated.

Town Tracker:

Welcome, X. You are the Town Tracker.

Powers: Each night you may PM me the name of a player you wish to target. You will be told whom that player targeted during the night phase, if anyone.

Mafia Goon:

Welcome, X. You are a Mafia Goon, along with your teammate Y, a Mafia Goon/Roleblocker.

Powers: Each night you and Y may communicate in [url]this PT[/url]. Additionally, one of you may perform the factional kill. The choice of kill may be sent via PM or bolded in the PT; you must designate which of you is performing the kill. If I receive multiple kill submissions I will honor the one I receive closest
to the deadline.

Win Condition: You win when all members of the town are dead or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Mafia Roleblocker:

Welcome, X. You are a Mafia Roleblocker, along with your teammate Y, a Mafia Goon.

Powers: Each night you and Y may communicate in [url]this PT[/url]. Each night you may PM me the name of a player you wish to target or post it in bold in the PT. If that player submits a night action it will be unsuccessful. Additionally, one of you may perform the factional kill. The choice of kill may be sent via PM or bolded in the PT; you must designate which of you is performing the kill. If I receive multiple kill submissions I will honor the one I receive closest to the deadline.

Win Condition: You win when all members of the town are dead or nothing can prevent this from happening.

penguin_alien
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:19 am

With 8/9 players confirmed, Day One begins!

Nine preeminent pizza makers gather in a kitchen. But even the aroma of marinara sauce wafting through the air can't hide the smell of blood coming from Chef penguin_alien's bullet-ridden corpse at their feet. It seems some folks among their number take exception to the one true way of Chicago-style deep dish! Find the culprits, avenge the murder, and don't take more than two weeks to deliver up those pizza makers!

Vote Count 1.00:

With nine alive, it takes five to lynch!

Sunlit Diamond (L-5):
BasedxxxTentacionGod (L-5):
GreenLiquid (L-5):
BluBlake (L-5):
Kittycap (L-5):
Stoicism (L-5):
Sobolev Space (L-5):
LicketyQuickety (L-5):
GuiltyLion (L-5):

Not voting: Sunlit Diamond, BasedxxxTentacionGod, GreenLiquid, BluBlake, Kittycap, Stoicism, Sobolev Space, LicketyQuickety, GuiltyLion

V/LA:

Deadline in (expired on 2017-08-06 10:19:11)

GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: He

Post Post #4  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:27 am

Good morning!

VOTE: BluBlake for not having an avatar. It'd be helpful if either you or Stoicism grab one so that it's easier for us to identify your posts at a glance.
Avatar courtesy of Chickadee! | GTKAL

BluBlake
Townie

Post Post #5  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:42 am

All right I added an avatar.

VOTE: Sobolev for not posting yet.

Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: They

Post Post #6  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:47 am

VOTE: LicketyQuickety because his name makes my hungover brain hurt.

Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:25 am

VOTE: BluBlake

What's everyone's experience with mafia?

BluBlake
Townie

Post Post #8  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:29 am

I used to play on another site, but it was a lot different than this. The days were only 12 hours.

kittycap
Townie

Post Post #9  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:48 am

VOTE: Sunlit Diamond for playing while hungover. Irresponsible much?

I played on the same site as BluBlake, and yeah it was a quite different and I haven't played a proper game in a few years, but I have the basics down and I'm excited to start again :P

Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:53 am

I don't think I can rightfully claim to be a nublet anymore, but I'm no seasoned veteran.

Before this I played on another site that I complain about a lot, also very different from this one.

LicketyQuickety
Survivor

Post Post #11  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:10 pm

In post 7, Sobolev Space wrote:VOTE: BluBlake

Read my wiki.
"...(I also think that meta-diving LQ proves that he's a "non-traditional" player (whatever that means) more than his words do)." ~Nachomamma8
Galatians 2:4 Yet because of false brothers secretly brought in—who slipped in to spy out sour freedom that we have in Christ Jesus, so that they might bring us into slavery— 5a to them we did not yield in submission even for a moment...

LicketyQuickety
Survivor

Post Post #12  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:22 pm

Cop should investigate Guilty Lion tonight.

Thoughts?
"...(I also think that meta-diving LQ proves that he's a "non-traditional" player (whatever that means) more than his words do)." ~Nachomamma8
Galatians 2:4 Yet because of false brothers secretly brought in—who slipped in to spy out sour freedom that we have in Christ Jesus, so that they might bring us into slavery— 5a to them we did not yield in submission even for a moment...

BluBlake
Townie

Post Post #13  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:41 pm

I think it's reasonable to want to know the alignment of the IC player. If the cop had to make a decision right now I might agree with you.

Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:14 pm

I lost to scum!GL before in one of my newbie games so I'm not opposed to the idea but obviously its dependent on the setup and how d1 plays out.

kittycap
Townie

Post Post #15  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:16 pm

I don't see the point in suggesting who the cop should investigate so soon tbh

GuiltyLion
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:20 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm your IC this game, which means I will do my best to lead by example and help answer any newbie questions about mechanics or theory. There are a lot of resources on the wiki and the discussion forums if you'd like to read more about how mafia is generally played, I suggest checking those out if you're looking for useful material. I will offer my thoughts as we play, but remember, I'm just as likely to be scum as anybody else. I will not lie about terms and theory, and I'll try to make it clear if I'm speaking as IC or as GL-the-player when I answer questions.

A few of the big points:

Activity - Try to check in at least once a day, interacting with the latest content as much as possible. Town won't win if we don't have information and can't work with and talk to eachother, so lurking and avoiding the thread hurts the game.

Lynch mechanics - Players are lynched as soon as they hit the majority of votes needed (today, that is 5 votes). You cannot undo a 5th "hammer" vote, so please do not hammer until the player has had time to claim and everyone else has chimed in for/against the lynch. Speed hammering a lynch is very pro-scum, as it cuts discussion short and increases the risk of hammering a power role. Don't do it. If you want to hammer, declare "intent to hammer" a day or two before you actually intend to do it. It's also considered common courtesy to announce when you are putting a player at "L-1", when they are one vote away from lynch, so that no one will accidentally hammer.

Claiming your role - It is important to keep your role hidden from scum, and only claim when someone has given intent to hammer you. Scum gain useful information from finding out who are VTs and who are Power Roles (PRs), as they need to get rid of the PRs - don't make their work easier for them!

Mentality - Mafia can get intense sometimes. I've certainly had games that have made me mad, but please remember in the end it is just a game, and there's no excuse to insult or attack other people. Keep your arguments focused on others' play, and remember that someone with a scum role PM is not a bad person, their wincon requires them to trick the town into lynching you (or other townies). Part of my job is to promote a positive and healthy game environment in this game, so I will jump in if I think you are crossing the line. And if you find yourself getting frustrated or upset with what people are saying, take a break from the game for a few hours and come back with a cooler head.

Also, mafia is difficult! Don't be dismayed if your reads are off or you don't know who's scum, even the most experienced scumhunters have bad games. The most important thing is to just post your honest thoughts as you have them.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"

BluBlake
Townie

Post Post #17  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:29 pm

In post 15, kittycap wrote:I don't see the point in suggesting who the cop should investigate so soon tbh

What do you think we should discuss instead?

GuiltyLion
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:35 pm

In post 4, GreenLiquid wrote:for not having an avatar. It'd be helpful if either you or Stoicism grab one so that it's easier for us to identify your posts at a glance.

How did you know BluBlake and Stoicism did not have avatars?

In post 12, LicketyQuickety wrote:Cop should investigate Guilty Lion tonight.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that a hypothetical cop should investigate someone that they think:
1) Might be scum
2) Is unlikely to be killed

If I fit those criteria at the end of D1, I'm probably not doing my job or playing well :P

What are your reasons for wanting me to be investigated?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"

LicketyQuickety
Survivor

Post Post #19  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:48 pm

In post 18, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 4, GreenLiquid wrote:for not having an avatar. It'd be helpful if either you or Stoicism grab one so that it's easier for us to identify your posts at a glance.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that a hypothetical cop should investigate someone that they think:
1) Might be scum

If I fit those criteria at the end of D1, I'm probably not doing my job or playing well :P

IC should be the best player, so if a cop can get a read on you they can either out you or know to trust you.

Or I could just have been doing a reaction test.

GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:41 pm

From looking at their /in posts in the Newbie Queue thread. I wanted to make a random vote based on someone's avatar, and ended up making one based on someone's lack of one!

In post 7, Sobolev Space wrote:VOTE: BluBlake

I played a few games back in middle school (hence the age of my account) and was extremely bad. Hopefully I've grown out of that. Prior to this game I read through a few games to get my feet wet again, but I have no recent experience playing.

Also, it's be nice if people either refrained from using the abbreviation "GL" to refer to GuiltyLion or committed to only using it for him, as I'm used to being referred to as "GL" too.
Avatar courtesy of Chickadee! | GTKAL

Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:55 pm

Thoughts?

1) Might be scum

I'm not Green, but I'm curious...is it not common practice for people to do a skim of other players' histories when joining a game with them? I didn't for one game and regretted that decision. :P

I am more interested in the fact that the existence of a cop is being treated as a certainty than I am by who they should investigate at this point in the game.

Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:55 pm

...why the fuck did that quote Lion's post....?

LicketyQuickety
Survivor

Post Post #23  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:21 pm

Slow game is slow..

Anyone have any reads yet?

kittycap
Townie

Post Post #24  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:10 pm

No, and partially because I don't think everyone's posted yet. BasedxxxTentacionGod & Stoicism I believe. Slow conversation only benefits scum usually so... but we know at least 1 person never confirmed. Dunno.

Next
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games