(SE) Bulbazoor***
(IC) Flavor Leaf*

Bolded when confirmed.
Prods denoted as a star (*).

Spoiler: Alive
Flicker
Flavor Leaf

Spoiler: Dead
muh316, Vanilla Townie, was lynched Day 1.
Vorkuta, Vanilla Townie, was killed Night 1.
Emperor flippyNips, Vanilla Townie, was lynched Day 2.
Bulbazoor, Town Tracker, was killed Night 2.
Trekkie99, Mafia Rolecop, was lynched Day 3.
2ndStoryWindow, Vanilla Townie, was lynched Day 4.
Alonzo, Mafia Goon, was lynched Day 5.
Last edited by Rob14 on Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:00 am, edited 39 times in total.

Rob14
Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He

Post Post #1  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:47 am

Newbie Ruleset (Stolen from [redacted], who stole it from KittyMo; provenance further within)

Game Rules (Modified from Zorblag, who modified them from Vel-Rahn Koon):

General Gameplay and Etiquette:

1. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it. Mafia members may communicate at any time, but only in the private topic specified in your role PM.
3. If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM or relevant private topic by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.
4. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase. This is greatly appreciated if you plan not to perform an action.

Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:
1. A simple majority of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur prior to deadline. The number of players required to lynch will be in all vote counts.
2. Once you have reached a simple majority, no further votes or unvotes count.
3. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
4. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName or VOTE: PlayerName. I will count all votes that I can understand as a clear vote, so abbreviations of usernames are fine.
5. Please submit vote revocations as either Unvote: PlayerName or UNVOTE: PlayerName or UNVOTE: . Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
6. You may Vote: No Lynch - half of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
7. Day 1 will last 10 days. All subsequent days will last 7 days. At deadline, no lynch will occur if no majority has been reached.
8. Night phases will last 48 hours.

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:
1. This color text is reserved for the Mod (#C35817). No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
3. Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.
4. Prods of missing players will be issued automatically after 36 hours of no activity. A prodded player has 24 hours to respond or risks replacement. A player who receives a third prod is subject to immediate replacement.
5. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a modkill.
6. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 36-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
7. If five consecutive day or night phases go by with no deaths, the game will end in a loss for all factions.

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

Helpful Links:

Rob14
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:47 am

Setup Information
2d3 (as designed by Cabd):

ABC
MafiaMafia RoleblockerMafia RolecopMafia Goon
Row 1Town Cop and Town NeapolitanTown Cop and Town TrackerTown Cop and Vanilla Townie
Row 2Town Jailkeeper and Town DoctorTown Jailkeeper and Town TrackerTown Jailkeeper and Vanilla Townie
Row 3Town Cop and Town DoctorTown Neapolitan and Town DoctorTown Tracker and Town Doctor

Each Newbie Game will be given a setup that incorporates one mafia role from the top of a column, and then two town roles from a row below the selected mafia role. The remaining six roles will be filled in by one mafia goons and five vanilla townies appropriately, to create a 2-mafia and 7-town setup.

All Newbie games use the Natural Action Resolution system for determining Night action effects. Mafia Roleblocker action takes precedence over a Town Jailkeeper action should that apply.

Mafia have access to their Private Topic at all times.

Spoiler: Full Setups
Column A & Row 1: Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Goon, Town Cop, Town Neapolitan, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column A & Row 2: Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Goon, Town Jailkeeper, Town Doctor, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column A & Row 3: Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Goon, Town Cop, Town Doctor, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column B & Row 1: Mafia Rolecop, Mafia Goon, Town Cop, Town Tracker, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column B & Row 2: Mafia Rolecop, Mafia Goon, Town Jailkeeper, Town Tracker, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column B & Row 3: Mafia Rolecop, Mafia Goon, Town Neapolitan, Town Doctor, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column C & Row 1: Mafia Goon x 2, Town Cop, Vanilla Townie x 6
Column C & Row 2: Mafia Goon x 2, Town Jailkeeper, Vanilla Townie x 6
Column C & Row 3: Mafia Goon x 2, Town Doctor, Town Tracker, Vanilla Townie x 5

Spoiler: Sample Role PM's
Vanilla TownieWelcome!

You are a Vanilla Townie.

You have no special abilities.

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

The game thread is [url]here[/url].

Confirm by replying with your role name and alignment.

Town JailkeeperWelcome!

You are a Town Jailkeeper.

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills and be prevented from using their own action, if they have one, during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

Town CopWelcome!

You are a Town Cop.

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed if they are Town or Mafia. If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

Town NeapolitanWelcome!

You are a Town Neapolitan.

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed if they are Vanilla Townie or Not Vanilla Townie. If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

Town TrackerWelcome!

You are a Town Tracker.

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed what player or players they targeted with their action, if any. If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

Town DoctorWelcome!

You are a Town Doctor.

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

Mafia GoonWelcome!

You are a Mafia Goon.

Your partner is PLAYERNAME who is a Maifa Goon/Roleblocker/Rolecop. Together you share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional PT, located [url]here[/url], where you may talk at any time.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

Confirm by replying with your role name and alignment or by posting in your PT.

Mafia RolecopWelcome!

You are a Mafia Rolecop.

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed of their role but not their alignment. Vanilla Townies and Mafia Goons will both return "Vanilla". If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

Your partner is PLAYERNAME who is a Maifa Goon/Roleblocker. Together you share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You may commit the kill and perform a role cop in the same night phase. You also share a factional PT, located [url]here[/url], where you may talk at any time.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

Mafia RoleblockerWelcome!

You are a Mafia Roleblocker.

You may target one player per night. This player will be prevented from performing their own action, if any.

Your partner is PLAYERNAME who is a Maifa Goon/Rolecop. Together you share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You may commit the kill and perform a roleblock in the same night phase. You also share a factional PT, located [url]here[/url], where you may talk at any time.

Rob14
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:13 pm

All role PMs are out! The game will start when 8/9 players confirm or in (expired on 2018-11-17 06:40:00), whichever comes first.

Rob14
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:09 pm

Alonzo replaces CheekyTeeky due to an extended V/LA.

Rob14
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:19 pm

8/9 players have now confirmed. Day 1 has begun! With 9 people alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2018-11-25 20:20:00)

Alonzo
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:25 pm

VOTE: Flavour Leaf

Finger of titilation - Emperor FlippyNips

muh316
Goon

Post Post #7  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:27 pm

VOTE: Guten tag for not confirming yet

Vorkuta
Goon

Post Post #8  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:48 pm

VOTE: guten tag because 'Schönen Tag' is the superior way of saying good day in German

Alonzo
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:43 pm

Isn't Flicker a German word too?

Flicker
Goon

Pronoun: She

Post Post #10  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:11 pm

VOTE: Alonzo for replacing CheekyTeeky, who I was excited to play with again.

Also, if Flicker is a German word, that's news to me.

Alonzo
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:37 pm

Yeah Google translate says Im talking Scheisse

2ndStoryWindow
Goon

Post Post #12  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:42 pm

VOTE: Bulbazoor because Pikachu is better

Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:17 pm

In post 12, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:VOTE: Bulbazoor because Pikachu is better

everyone always rvses me with a pokemon joke lol. How convenient this game started when I sleep.

I'll VOTE: muh because I'm picky and like voting people for their rvs reasons

Guten tag
Townie

Post Post #14  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:32 pm

VOTE:muh316
cuz why not?

Flavor Leaf
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:31 am

Flavor Leaf's IC Post

Hello, everybody! Flavor Leaf (or if you know me by my main account, Boonskiies), been here since 2014, and I will be your IC for this game. IC stands for "Inexperienced Challenged". What this means is, as the IC, along with playing the game, I have the additional job of answering any questions that you may have about the game, basic mafia game theory and mechanics, or anything specific to the MafiaScum site itself, for those of you who are already familiar with the game of Mafia.

This being said, you should not allow your read on me to be influenced by anything I say as IC in response to questions or advice. Roles and alignments are randomly assigned; this means I have just as much a chance of being scum as any of you guys, and I will be playing towards my wincon, whether it be scum or town.

I will never use my position as IC to decieve you, and I will try my best to dissociate when I'm speaking as an IC, and when I'm speaking as a player.

Alongside myself as the IC, we have a few SE (Semi-Experienced) players. An SE is not a teaching role, but more of a showcase role. The goal of all established players is to set a good example in Newbie games to help properly integrate newer players.

A Quick Few Tidbits:

• Don't be afraid to ask questions. I'll happily answer to the best of my ability.
• Be active! A lively game is better than a ghost town of a game. Post as much as you can and interact with your fellow players.
• Occasionally, mafia can be a bit heated, and you may feel a bit attacked sometimes. It's a natural part of the game, but try and confine your comments to a person's play rather than the person themself. Being scum read can seem like an insult, but everyone eventually rolls scum. It's nothing to be ashamed of! Don't look at it as a "Good vs Bad" scenario. Try working with the other players to help them see things from your perspective rather than stating they are wrong.
• Don't let a mistake or a mislynch bring you down. It happens a lot. Don't be afraid to really push for your reads, and don't feel bad if it turns out you were wrong. Even the most advanced players aren't always right! It's the nature of the game.

Here are some key concepts that will help you better understand the site meta:

Spoiler:
Random Voting Stage (RVS)
Games here on MafiaScum almost always begin with what's called the Random Voting Stage (RVS). Beginning of the game, players have extremely low information (besides the mafia team who already know everyone's alignments). At this time, players generally will vote for non-serious reasons to provoke reactions from other players. Eventually the discussion will progress, and the game will get moving out of the RVS Stage.

Voting, L-1, and Hammers

Typically, L-x is how we convey how close to a lynch a player is, with x being the amount of votes needed to successfully lynch a player. You should generally always announce that you are putting someone at L-1, 1 vote away from a lynch, so that someone can't come in and accidentally vote and lynch a player before the playerbase is ready to move on to the next day. This also prevents any Mafia-aligned players from ending the day on their terms by placing the final vote to lynch ("hammer") and then brushing it away like they didn't know it was L-1. Generally, you will also see people post L-2 or L-3 (2 and 3 votes away from lynch).

Before you hammer the player, it is customary that you give an "Intent to hammer" post, so that the player can then claim their role. It is usually best to allow
other players time to react and respond to the claim before hammering.

Claiming Your Role

Unless you are at L-1 and have been asked to claim because of an intent to hammer, it is almost never a good idea to claim your role. If you are a Town Power Role (PR), you are then likely to be killed by Mafia in the night, or Night Killed (NK'ed). If you are a Vanilla Townie (VT), you may think that claiming might not matter too much, but by doing so, you will be narrowing down the field of who a potential PR might be.

There are exceptions to this rule. For instance, if a Mafia-aligned player has just claimed your role, or your role directly counters the Mafia player's, claiming early to counterclaim (CC) would directly out the Mafia player as Mafia, and the town would benefit.

LyLo

LyLo is the abbreviation of “lynch or lose.” LyLo in the Newbie Queue is when there are 3 remaining players, 2 of which are town and 1 is mafia;
or when there are 5 remaining players, 3 of which are town and 2 are mafia. In these situations the town aligned players should not carelessly vote like is done during RVS or early days, as the mafia player(s) can instantly provide the necessary votes to lynch (“quickhammer”) and win the game without the town being able to fight back. MyLo, however, stands for "Mislynch and Lose", meaning the game will end on a mislynch, but not if you choose to "No Lynch". This generally can be helpful when there are an even amount of players left in the game, and you want to narrow down the pool with some night actions.

Thanks for joining this game. I hope we all have a great time.

Here are some links you may want to look at before playing.

muh316
Goon

Post Post #16  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:57 am

In post 13, Bulbazoor wrote:
In post 12, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:VOTE: Bulbazoor because Pikachu is better

everyone always rvses me with a pokemon joke lol. How convenient this game started when I sleep.

I'll VOTE: muh because I'm picky and like voting people for their rvs reasons

What didn't you like about my RVS reason?

Rob14
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:55 am

In post 14, Guten tag wrote:VOTE:muh316
cuz why not?

I will count this vote, but in the future, please be sure to either use bold tags:

Code: Select all
[b]Vote: Player[/b]

Or vote tags:

Code: Select all
[vote]Player[/vote]

to bold your vote and make it noticeable.

Guten tag
Townie

Post Post #18  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:17 am

Forgive me

Alonzo
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:34 pm

Still waiting for Emperor?

*moves hands into nipple twisting position*

Meantime someone tell me a funny mafia story...

Flavor Leaf
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:45 pm

VOTE: Vorkuta

Emperor flippyNips
Goon

Post Post #21  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:46 pm

VOTE: 2ndStoryWindow
Cos I prefer a 3rdStoryWindow

Flavor Leaf
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:58 pm

In post 21, Emperor flippyNips wrote:VOTE: 2ndStoryWindow
Cos I prefer a 3rdStoryWindow

I mean, when you’re right, you’re right.

VOTE: 2ndStoryWindow

None of this near ground level view.

Flavor Leaf
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:59 pm

I’m excited to see how Alonzo reacts to Emperor’s entrance. He seems to have been eagerly anticipating it.

Flicker
Goon

Pronoun: She

Post Post #24  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:03 pm

In post 20, Flavor Leaf wrote:VOTE: Vorkuta

Why?

Next
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games