Newbie 1904 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. It is suggested, but not required, that you play your first game here. Signups Here
Micc
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: He

Post Post #0  (ISO)  » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:02 pm

Newbie 1904
Moderated by Micc

Players:
Child Jess0204
Jim Hawkins acrimoniusalpaca
Lamees
Okx
AbyssalLord
Dongempire auhsoj
ceejayvinoya (SE)
muh316 saad (SE)
Irrelephant11 (IC)

SE - indicates a Semi-Experienced player, a player who has played at least two games on MafiaScum.net
IC - indicates the Inexperience-Challenged player, a player who has volunteered for a teaching position in this Newbie Game
(their play is governed by the MafiaWiki article on being a good IC)

Spoiler: Alive
Child, a Vanilla Townie, survived.
Jim Hawkins, a Vanilla Townie, survived.
Lamees, a Vanilla Townie, survived.
AbyssalLord, a Vanilla Townie, survived.
Dongempire, a Vanilla Townie, survived.
Irrelephant11, a Town Tracker, survived.

Spoiler: Dead
Okx, a Mafia Rolecop, was lynched Day 1.
ceejayvinoya, a Town Jailkeeper, was killed Night 1.
muh316, a Mafia Goon, was lynched Day 2.

Important Events:
| | | | |
|
"To hide a tree, use a forest" - Ninja Boy Hideo

Micc
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1  (ISO)  » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:04 pm

Game Rules

General Rules/Game Etiquette
  1. Obey all Site-wide Rules.
  2. Communication outside the thread (if your role specifically allows it) is allowed until the game begins.
  3. You may not quote private communication of any kind. This includes moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
  4. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.
Activity/Prods/Replacements
  1. Prods of missing players will be issued after 36 hours of no activity.
  2. A prodded player has 24 hours to respond to the prod, after which time a replacement search will begin. The prodded player may re-enter the game so long as no replacement has been found.
  3. A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to possible replacement without further notice.
  4. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than 36 hours please PM me or post in the thread to declare V/LA.
  5. I reserve the right to force replace players who need extensively long V/LA at my own discretion.
Deadlines
  1. Deadlines for this game will be 10 days for Day 1 and 7 days for following Day Phases. Night Phases will last 48 hours.
  2. Extensions are given only in extreme circumstances.
  3. If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.
Player Actions/Voting/Player Death
  1. A simple majority of all living players must agree on one person (via voting) for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down). If no one has a simple majority of votes at deadline a No Lynch will occur.
  2. Votes must be bolded or use the [.vote] tags to be counted (e.g. Vote: Player or VOTE: Player).
  3. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
  4. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a Lynch.
  5. Votes made using nicknames or abbreviations will be counted at my discretion. Fake vote gambits should be executed at your own peril. If I think its a vote, then its a vote.
Miscellaneous
  1. I will use Bolded Dark Blue (#004080) for Mod posts. Don't impersonate me. No invisible/small/encrypted text is allowed.
  2. Any situation not explicitly covered above is subject to my discretion and will be handled as I see fit on a case-by-case basis.

Micc
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2  (ISO)  » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:05 pm

Setup Information
2d3 (as designed by Cabd):

ABC
MafiaMafia RoleblockerMafia RolecopMafia Goon
Row 1Town Cop and Town NeapolitanTown Cop and Town TrackerTown Cop and Vanilla Townie
Row 2Town Jailkeeper and Town DoctorTown Jailkeeper and Town TrackerTown Jailkeeper and Vanilla Townie
Row 3Town Cop and Town DoctorTown Neapolitan and Town DoctorTown Tracker and Town Doctor

Each Newbie Game will be given a setup that incorporates one mafia role from the top of a column, and then two town roles from a row below the selected mafia role. The remaining six roles will be filled in by one mafia goon and five vanilla townies appropriately, to create a 2-mafia and 7-town setup.

All Newbie games use the Natural Action Resolution system for determining Night action effects. Mafia Roleblocker action takes precedence over a Town Jailkeeper action should that apply.

Mafia have access to their Private Topic at all times.

Spoiler: Full Setups
Column A & Row 1: Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Goon, Town Cop, Town Neapolitan, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column A & Row 2: Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Goon, Town Jailkeeper, Town Doctor, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column A & Row 3: Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Goon, Town Cop, Town Doctor, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column B & Row 1: Mafia Rolecop, Mafia Goon, Town Cop, Town Tracker, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column B & Row 2: Mafia Rolecop, Mafia Goon, Town Jailkeeper, Town Tracker, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column B & Row 3: Mafia Rolecop, Mafia Goon, Town Neapolitan, Town Doctor, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column C & Row 1: Mafia Goon x 2, Town Cop, Vanilla Townie x 6
Column C & Row 2: Mafia Goon x 2, Town Jailkeeper, Vanilla Townie x 6
Column C & Row 3: Mafia Goon x 2, Town Doctor, Town Tracker, Vanilla Townie x 5

Spoiler: Sample Role PM's
Vanilla TownieWelcome!

You are a Vanilla Townie.

You have no special abilities.

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

The game thread is [url]here[/url].

Confirm by replying with your role name and alignment.

Town JailkeeperWelcome!

You are a Town Jailkeeper.

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills and be prevented from using their own action, if they have one, during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

Town CopWelcome!

You are a Town Cop.

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed if they are Town or Mafia. If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

Town NeapolitanWelcome!

You are a Town Neapolitan.

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed if they are Vanilla Townie or Not Vanilla Townie. If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

Town TrackerWelcome!

You are a Town Tracker.

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed what player or players they targeted with their action, if any. If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

Town DoctorWelcome!

You are a Town Doctor.

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

Mafia GoonWelcome!

You are a Mafia Goon.

Your partner is PLAYERNAME who is a Mafia Goon/Roleblocker/Rolecop. Together you share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional PT, located [url]here[/url], where you may talk at any time.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

Confirm by replying with your role name and alignment or by posting in your PT.

Mafia RolecopWelcome!

You are a Mafia Rolecop.

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed of their role but not their alignment. Vanilla Townies and Mafia Goons will both return "Vanilla". If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

Your partner is PLAYERNAME who is a Mafia Goon/Roleblocker. Together you share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You may commit the kill and perform a role cop in the same night phase. You also share a factional PT, located [url]here[/url], where you may talk at any time.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

Mafia RoleblockerWelcome!

You are a Mafia Roleblocker.

You may target one player per night. This player will be prevented from performing their own action, if any.

Your partner is PLAYERNAME who is a Mafia Goon/Rolecop. Together you share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You may commit the kill and perform a roleblock in the same night phase. You also share a factional PT, located [url]here[/url], where you may talk at any time.

Micc
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3  (ISO)  » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:34 pm

Role PM's are out. Players have (expired on 2018-11-28 14:35:00) to confirm in the method described by their role PM's.

The game will begin in (expired on 2018-11-27 14:35:00) if enough players have confirmed.

Micc
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:10 pm

I'm still waiting on confirmation from acrimoniusalpaca and saad. They have (expired on 2018-11-28 14:35:00) to confirm before I search for replacements. Everyone else has confirmed.

It is now Day 1.

Votecount 1.00Not Voting (9) - Jess0204, acrimoniusalpaca, Lamees, Okx, AbyssalLord, auhsoj, ceejayvinoya, saad, Irrelephant11

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is paused at 10 days until all players have confirmed.

auhsoj
Townie

Post Post #5  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:20 pm

Vote Saad

Lamees
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: She

Post Post #6  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:33 pm

HELLO

ceejayvinoya
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:27 pm

VOTE: acrimomiusalpaca

avoid alliteration always
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst

Will not be playing for a while.

Okx
Townie

Post Post #8  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:04 am

vote Jess0204 because why not

Lamees
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:56 am

I SAID HELLO

ceejayvinoya
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:40 am

oh. HELLO LAMEES

Hope were both town this time :P
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst

Will not be playing for a while.

Irrelephant11
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:40 am

VOTE: lames

hi all! let me go find my IC copypasta...

Irrelephant11
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:56 am

IC Intro, adapted from many othersHey everybody! I'm Irrelephant, your Inexperience-Challenged (IC) player for the game (it's my third time)! That means I am here to lead by example and answer your questions along the way. I will be playing to my win condition to the best of my ability, but if you have questions about Game Theory or Da Rules, I am required to answer them honestly, and to be clear when I am speaking as am IC vs. as a Player.

Here are some helpful links (a lot of them from our helpful wiki):
-> Forum Rules and Guidelines
-> The Glossary
-> Commonly Used Abbreviations
-> The Newbie Guide
-> Articles on How to Play Well (be sure to check the dates these were written/updated, as good advice changes over time)

And here are some helpful tips:
-> Try to check in at least once a day. Besides the activity requirements listed in Plotinus' original post, it's just necessary for a fun and healthy game that everyone plays. If you post very rarely, or only post a little bit at a time, you may get scumread for lurking. Even if you are not scumread for it, what's the fun in playing a game where multiple people are hardly participating?

-> "Site Meta" is the description of how people on Mafiascum like to play mafia. Things can be different on other online mafia sites, or if you play IRL, so it's good to know what's expected of you on this site. These aren't "rules", per se, but if you don't follow these guidelines it is likely things will go poorly for you on MS. Some examples are...

---> Give "intent to hammer" when you want to place the final vote on a player. This gives time for that player to give a final plea and to claim their power role, if they have one (or if they are lying scum). If, after that player has posted, you are still sure you want to hammer them, go ahead and place the final vote. It is also common courtesy to declare "L-1" ("1 Vote away from lynch) when you place the penultimate vote on a player.

---> Don't claim your role until you are in danger of getting lynched - usually, you want to keep it a secret right up until someone gives intent to hammer. Sometimes, everyone will agree to claim in a "massclaim". Other than these situations, do not make your role obvious, even if you are a vanilla townie, as claiming makes it easier for scum to kill power roles at night.

---> Do not fake claim a power role as town! While it may help you avoid getting lynched, you might cause a real PR to out themselves by counter claiming - then the mafia will know who the PR is, and you will probably get lynched for lying to town. Feel free to fake a claim as scum, though, if you think it would help.

---> Don't vote for yourself. There are very rare occasions where this is helpful in non-newbie games, but usually only for scum, so if you do it here you will certainly get scumread for it.

-> Mafia is hard! As town, it can be hard to figure things out, and stressful when people think you're scum. That's okay! Just share your thoughts on who you think is scum as they come to you, and don't be afraid to change your mind. As scum, it can be hard to lie convincingly, and stressful when people think you're scum. Don't let that scare you! Try to think of what you would post if you were town, and don't be afraid to "change your mind".

-> This is a game. Have fun! :]

Spoiler: Irrelephant out!

Irrelephant11
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:02 am

auhsoj, Okx, and anyone else without a profile picture: please get a profile picture! It will make the game much easier to read for everyone (right now it's likely we'll mix you two up when reading quickly)

Okx
Townie

Post Post #14  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:30 am

I got a profile picture - it'd be nice if this site used Gravatar

Irrelephant11
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:43 am

ooh I like it
Okx do you have much experience playing mafia?

Okx
Townie

Post Post #16  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:56 am

Yeah, I first found it through town of salem then I found throne of lies then I found vanilla mafia from the communities I was in and it kind of branches out from there

Irrelephant11
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:04 pm

okay cool!
what if I told you I was already feeling that ceejay and lamees are town? If you had to either agree or disagree, what do you think?

Okx
Townie

Post Post #18  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:33 pm

Ceejay is voting randomly (like I did) on day one to put pressure and lamees is alright. I don't know reading about either of them yet though.

Irrelephant11
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:42 pm

VOTE: Jess

Lamees
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:50 pm

VOTE: Jess

Micc
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:43 pm

Jim Hawkins replaces acrimoniusalpaca and muh316 replaces saad.

muh316
Goon

Post Post #22  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:09 pm

VOTE: auhsoj How do you even pronounce that?

muh316
Goon

Post Post #23  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:10 pm

ohhhh, it's Joshua spelled backwards. Clever. Can we just call you Joshua then?

auhsoj
Townie

Post Post #24  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:15 pm

In post 23, muh316 wrote:ohhhh, it's Joshua spelled backwards. Clever. Can we just call you Joshua then?

I mean, if you want.
In post 17, Irrelephant11 wrote:okay cool!
what if I told you I was already feeling that ceejay and lamees are town? If you had to either agree or disagree, what do you think?

Why do you feel they're already town?

Next
[ + ]

Return to The Road to Rome