newbie 1905: pictures from my phone (GAME OGRE !!!)

schadd_
Mafia Scum

Location: it is only from within that one can truly digest hammed burger frenchfries
Pronoun: He

Post Post #0  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:10 pm

welcome to newbie 1905: pictures that i had taken or saved to my phone!
Spoiler: snail

Spoiler: playerlist
  1. NotAJumbleOfNumbers
  2. u r a person 2InfernoDragon18
  3. foodcoats Tinexkksi
  4. YyottaCat
  5. Vorkuta
  6. PvtUrist
  7. pinturicchio volxen (SE)
  8. CheekyTeeky nonny (SE)
  9. the worst (IC)

Spoiler: reveals
d1: NotAJumbleOfNumbers was a vanilla townie
n1: CheekyTeeky was a vanilla townie
d2: YyottaCat was a mafia goon
n2: Vorkuta was a vanilla townie
d3: pinturicchio was a mafia goon
endgame: foodcoats, PvtUrist, the worst were vanilla townies
endgame: u r a person 2 was a town cop

Spoiler: events
: foodcoats replaces Tinexkksi
: pinturicchio replaces volxen
: CheekyTeeky replaces nonny
: u r a person 2 replaces InfernoDragon18
: day 1 flip
: day 2 flip
: real endgame
: fake endgame
Last edited by schadd_ on Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:31 pm, edited 10 times in total.

schadd_
Mafia Scum

Location: it is only from within that one can truly digest hammed burger frenchfries

Post Post #1  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:11 pm

rules, adapted from nexus's

--most important rule: be nice and don't be mean--

general:
- Please adhere to the site rules.
- Do not discuss this game of mafia outside of this thread and the mafia PT.
- Day 1 will last 10 days; all further days last 7 days. Any day will also end when a majority lynch is achieved.
- Night Phases will last 48 hours maximum. On any given night, if all players PM me that they are okay to speed up the night, it will end sooner.
- During night phases, no talking may be done in this thread.
- Do not quote PM's from the mod at all (real or fabricated). Paraphrasing is acceptable.
- If you have any questions about your role, or the game, feel free to PM the mod.
- "Bah" posts are not allowed.
- If you break any of these rules, you will probably be modkilled.

voting / player actions:
- Vote either with vote tags (VOTE: schadd) or with bold (vote: schadd). Note that I didn't include the underscore in my username; you may choose to use a string that will uniquely identify a player to me instead of the exact thing.
- Don't try to confuse me with your votes.
- You may vote No Lynch to Not Lynch.
- A lynch will occur once a majority decision is reached. If no majority is reached by deadline, then no lynch shall occur.
- Following a lynch, it is twilight. You may continue to post until I lock the thread and declare it night.
- If nobody dies for 3 consecutive day and night phases, the town will win.
- If you have a Night Action, you may submit it from Night 1 and each subsequent Night (or whichever nights are specified by the role).

activity:
- You are expected to post at least once every 36 hours. If you haven't posted for 36 hours, I shall prod you. If you do not respond to the prod within 24 hours (either in thread if it's Day, or via PM during the Night) then I will replace you.
- As well, if you require more than three prods, I will force-replace you.

mechanics:
- Aquamarine, 21B35F is my color. Please don't use it.
- No impossible/hard to read text, or cryptography. For example, I would prefer that no font size smaller than the one you're reading now be used.
- The mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
- If you need to get the mod's attention, either PM me, or bold the text you wish to draw to my attention.
- I reserve the right to alter/remove/add any rules as I see fit. You will, of course, be notified if that happens, however.

schadd_
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:13 pm

Setup Information
2d3 (as designed by Cabd):

ABC
MafiaMafia RoleblockerMafia RolecopMafia Goon
Row 1Town Cop and Town NeapolitanTown Cop and Town TrackerTown Cop and Vanilla Townie
Row 2Town Jailkeeper and Town DoctorTown Jailkeeper and Town TrackerTown Jailkeeper and Vanilla Townie
Row 3Town Cop and Town DoctorTown Neapolitan and Town DoctorTown Tracker and Town Doctor

Each Newbie Game will be given a setup that incorporates one mafia role from the top of a column, and then two town roles from a row below the selected mafia role. The remaining six roles will be filled in by one mafia goons and five vanilla townies appropriately, to create a 2-mafia and 7-town setup.

All Newbie games use the Natural Action Resolution system for determining Night action effects. Mafia Roleblocker action takes precedence over a Town Jailkeeper action should that apply.

Mafia have access to their Private Topic at all times.

Spoiler: Full Setups
Column A & Row 1: Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Goon, Town Cop, Town Neapolitan, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column A & Row 2: Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Goon, Town Jailkeeper, Town Doctor, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column A & Row 3: Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Goon, Town Cop, Town Doctor, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column B & Row 1: Mafia Rolecop, Mafia Goon, Town Cop, Town Tracker, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column B & Row 2: Mafia Rolecop, Mafia Goon, Town Jailkeeper, Town Tracker, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column B & Row 3: Mafia Rolecop, Mafia Goon, Town Neapolitan, Town Doctor, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column C & Row 1: Mafia Goon x 2, Town Cop, Vanilla Townie x 6
Column C & Row 2: Mafia Goon x 2, Town Jailkeeper, Vanilla Townie x 6
Column C & Row 3: Mafia Goon x 2, Town Doctor, Town Tracker, Vanilla Townie x 5

Spoiler: Sample Role PM's
Vanilla TownieWelcome!

You are a Vanilla Townie.

You have no special abilities.

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

The game thread is [url]here[/url].

Confirm by replying with your role name and alignment.

Town JailkeeperWelcome!

You are a Town Jailkeeper.

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills and be prevented from using their own action, if they have one, during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

Town CopWelcome!

You are a Town Cop.

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed if they are Town or Mafia. If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

Town NeapolitanWelcome!

You are a Town Neapolitan.

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed if they are Vanilla Townie or Not Vanilla Townie. If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

Town TrackerWelcome!

You are a Town Tracker.

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed what player or players they targeted with their action, if any. If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

Town DoctorWelcome!

You are a Town Doctor.

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

Mafia GoonWelcome!

You are a Mafia Goon.

Your partner is PLAYERNAME who is a Mafia Goon/Roleblocker/Rolecop. Together you share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional PT, located [url]here[/url], where you may talk at any time.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

Confirm by replying with your role name and alignment or by posting in your PT.

Mafia RolecopWelcome!

You are a Mafia Rolecop.

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed of their role but not their alignment. Vanilla Townies and Mafia Goons will both return "Vanilla". If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

Your partner is PLAYERNAME who is a Mafia Goon/Roleblocker. Together you share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You may commit the kill and perform a role cop in the same night phase. You also share a factional PT, located [url]here[/url], where you may talk at any time.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

Mafia RoleblockerWelcome!

You are a Mafia Roleblocker.

You may target one player per night. This player will be prevented from performing their own action, if any.

Your partner is PLAYERNAME who is a Mafia Goon/Rolecop. Together you share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You may commit the kill and perform a roleblock in the same night phase. You also share a factional PT, located [url]here[/url], where you may talk at any time.

schadd_
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:20 pm

sending out role PMs! i will start with 7/9 confirmations

schadd_
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:28 am

Day 1 Starts!

Spoiler: a picture of the carters

Vote count 1.0

not voting (9): NotAJumbleOfNumbers, InfernoDragon18, Tinexkksi, YyottaCat, Vorkuta, PvtUrist, volxen, nonny, the worst

with 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. day 1 starts now and ends december 11th at 00:30 central US time; in (expired on 2018-12-11 00:30:00)

mod notes
  • thread unlocked
Last edited by schadd_ on Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YyottaCat
Goon

Pronoun: She

Post Post #5  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:52 am

Isn't it weird how there's two newbie 1904s?
The world is turning into a gigantic distrustful community...
We must stop it.

#TrustTheWorld

PvtUrist
Goon

Post Post #6  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:06 am

Suppose 1904 was a real important year then.

Vorkuta
Goon

Post Post #7  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:08 am

VOTE: PvtUrist for being a filthy elf in disguise

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #8  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:32 am

Howdy all. I had this wild IC opening post written up on my PC with links and stuff but I am experiencing technical difficulties, so please accept this cheesy one I wrote on mg phone!

Nice to see you again volxen, nonny & NotAJumbleOfNumbers :)

and a huge warm welcome to InfernoDragon18, Tinexkksi, YyottaCat, Vorkuta and PvtUrist!

I'm the worst, and I'll be your IC (Inexperience Challenged) player for this game. In essence this means I've been playing mafia on this site for a while, and have volunteered to take on a role of teaching and trying to help newer players adjust to our site culture and enjoy their time here.

My role here is more or less to follow the guidelines set out in this article here. This doesn't mean I'm guaranteed to be town; it also doesn't mean that I am allowed to 'go easy' on anyone due to differences in experience. It's my responsibility to treat this game like any game and try to be an example of what to expect from your time on MafiaScum. :]

This also doesn't mean that I'm a great player! I like to flatter myself into thinking I'm a decent player, but I'm very far from being in the "upper echelon" of mafia players out there. That said, I am experienced and a little addicted very enthusiastic about mafia. I will try my best and take this as seriously as any game; and of course if you have any theory or terminology questions, I'm here to help.

Alignments / Roles
There is so so much writing on ways you can approach different alignments and roles. And no writing is objectively correct. Everyone's style is different, and that's what has kept mafia fun for so many decades. :lol:

For anyone who would just like some general pointers around how some mafia players conduct themselves + the flow of the game, there are some terrific articles on the MafiaScum wiki. A lot of them are dated, but I'd say start off with something like this.

Vi's Newbie Guide to Being Awesome At Mafia
This is largelypointers about ways to play as either alignment, and is awesome reading. There's no "as town, do this; as scum, do this". Just recommendations on how to self assess the way you want to approach the game.

Imo the best way to play mafia is to remember it's a game, make sure you're having fun, and exercise empathy wherever possible. :) Be yourself and try not to panic about speaking your mind. People will challenge you (I know I will :twisted:) but it's always super helpful to try and see if you can fit in their shoes too: are they trying to make you look like scum? Are they trying to work out your alignment (townies sorting players)? Are they just lost and trying to find a way to enter the conversation?

Mafia's a hard game, but I believe approaching it sincerely to have a good time is super super rewarding! Good luck all!
"He's very bad at quacking. Possibly even the worst."
- vonflare, presumably on someone else

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #9  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:34 am

on that note It seems everyone so far is comfortable with random voting stage (rvs) where we basically vote players with very thin reasoning in order to try and spark some conversation!

VOTE: volxen
May as well kick off the tunnel right? ;)

schadd_
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:34 am

In post 5, YyottaCat wrote:Isn't it weird how there's two newbie 1904s?

WHOOPTS

PvtUrist
Goon

Post Post #11  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:40 am

Vorkuta; Armok above, if you truly believe any skulking scum can possible wield this majestic beard of mine, you are sorely mistaken.

all; btw read a few games on and off forum, first time playing here. Good luck and have fun to all involved :lol:

PvtUrist
Goon

Post Post #12  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:43 am

VOTE: NotAJumbleOfNumbers Your most favourable number and why?

volxen
Goon

Post Post #13  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:47 am

In post 9, the worst wrote:on that note It seems everyone so far is comfortable with random voting stage (rvs) where we basically vote players with very thin reasoning in order to try and spark some conversation!

VOTE: volxen
May as well kick off the tunnel right? ;)

Yeah, might as well make this a repeat of Newbie 1888 where we tunneled each other all day long on day one. Fun times! :D

VOTE: The Worst

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #14  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:48 am

Nice to have you on board officially, welcome PvtUrist. :D

pedit: you're pickin a fight with the wrong duckie volx! :twisted: :giggle:

volxen
Goon

Post Post #15  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:22 am

In post 14, the worst wrote:Nice to have you on board officially, welcome PvtUrist. :D

pedit: you're pickin a fight with the wrong duckie volx! :twisted: :giggle:

But we always pick fights with one another, why should we change that now? :lol:

Tinexkksi
Townie

Post Post #16  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:40 am

VOTE: volxen ;)

PvtUrist
Goon

Post Post #17  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:46 am

Mr.Tinexkksi, do tell us what it feels like to be an enemy of the town?

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #18  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:20 am

In post 16, Tinexkksi wrote:VOTE: volxen ;)

Hey, to make sure your votes count use the [.b] or [.v]tags:

Code: Select all
[b]vote: volxen[/b]

= vote: volxen

Code: Select all
[v]volxen[/v]

= VOTE: volxen

both of these are valid formats. :)

NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon

Pronoun: They

Post Post #19  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:57 am

VOTE: the worst Kinda liked it more when you were the other duck.
In post 12, PvtUrist wrote:VOTE: NotAJumbleOfNumbers Your most favourable number and why?
I don’t really have one.
Preferred abbreviation: Jumble
I’m actually just here for comic relief.
Let’s Make A Bracket!

nonny
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:45 am

VOTE: infernodragon18 numbers in the name is always a scum giveaway.

And yay the worst is here! Was hoping it make it in your game.
*insert bad joke here*

YyottaCat
Goon

Post Post #21  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:46 am

VOTE: the worst beacuse hes the worst
The world is turning into a gigantic distrustful community...
We must stop it.

#TrustTheWorld

nonny
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:15 am

In post 21, YyottaCat wrote:VOTE: the worst beacuse hes the worst

VOTE: YyottaCat even this early it’s little quick to put someone at L-2 (meaning two more votes and it’s a lynch, day is over). Did you know this would be the case when you voted?
*insert bad joke here*

NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon

Pronoun: They

Post Post #23  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:26 am

In post 22, nonny wrote:
In post 21, YyottaCat wrote:VOTE: the worst beacuse hes the worst

VOTE: YyottaCat even this early it’s little quick to put someone at L-2 (meaning two more votes and it’s a lynch, day is over). Did you know this would be the case when you voted?
Was voting for Yyotta really nessasary?
Preferred abbreviation: Jumble
I’m actually just here for comic relief.
Let’s Make A Bracket!

PvtUrist
Goon

Post Post #24  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:33 am

UNVOTE: VOTE: YyottaCat

You're right. It ain't necessary :lol:

Next
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games