Newbie 1908 [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. It is suggested, but not required, that you play your first game here. Signups Here
Nauci
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 10, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #525  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:06 am

In post 523, rosterfoster wrote:Nah, I thought that about the next section.


I thought that as well.

It was so odd to me for him to say he was about to post a ton, and then spend half of that "ton" digging into scum POV.

It also wasn't really a ton.

Nauci
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 10, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #526  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:11 am

In post 516, Komodo wrote:I mean, you could interpret what he's saying as "I play differently in newbie games than I do in other games", but that answer was in response to "Show me other newbie games you do". He literally contradicted himself in the span of 8 posts. I don't trust this kind of posting, and now that I think about it, his wagon should have been pushed harder. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


I feel like you'd have to ignore an awful lot of context, including many of my posts, to represent what Flavor said this way.

I literally said that he had a game where he fake claimed masons with a scum player (in a game I had just finished modding not long ago)... which is NOT normal or straightforward. Boon/FL outside of newbie queue is like the wild wild west of Mafiascummers. Since his response was directly addressed to me, it made sense because of my meta knowledge of him.

The day 2 conversation was all about why Flavor Leaf is town: because he could have done a lot better if he were scum, instead of being laid back and letting his scum partner eat rope while just casually tossing out town reads on her to the last page. If he was scum, he could have very easily motivated town to switch to a different wagon here.

In addition, I find it strange how you haven't commented at all on associations with the Vivit flip: how has it influenced your read of Salamander/Nikk, or Jim/PvtUrist?

skitter30
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2017
Location: PDT
Pronoun: She

Post Post #527  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:12 pm

VOTE COUNT 2.3komodo (2) - flavor leaf, rosterfoster

flavor leaf (2) - komodo , pvturist

Not Voting (3) - nikk, xwing, nauci

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch

Deadline: (expired on 2019-01-10 23:00:00)

mod notes:
- xwing is vla on weekends
- :)

Flavor Leaf
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 18, 2017
Location: East Bay, CA

Post Post #528  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:48 pm

Woah, I have a wagon on me. :lol:

Flavor Leaf
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 18, 2017
Location: East Bay, CA

Post Post #529  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:48 pm

If I was scum, Vivit does not get lynched yesterday. I’ve literally lost one scum game in the past two years.

Flavor Leaf
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 18, 2017
Location: East Bay, CA

Post Post #530  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:53 pm

How do those posts contradict each other, Komodo?

I don’t participate in Day 1’s much unless something catches my eye. I will post a lot, but I’ll lurk out a lot. Just because I come in and post a lot then go for a while doesn’t mean either of those are incorrect.

So that’s one flawed case, but I like that you tried to put it together.

I also explained very fluidly about my newbie games being different than my regular games because Nauci hasn’t seen my newbie games.

I’m still Flavor posting in it. I have plenty of newbie games to back up what i said anyways.

This is yet another try hard defense case of me.

Also, “I don’t trust his style of posting.” Well, great. Good thing you don’t have to worry about my alignment, though. You were actively just looking for a mislynch not a scum read, and “my style of posting isn’t trusting”. Great. That’s a mislynch case, not a scum case.


The fact that it convinced Pvurist is laughable because every single point Komodo made is incorrect.

Flavor Leaf
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 18, 2017
Location: East Bay, CA

Post Post #531  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:56 pm

@Nauci - Komodo’s literally just scum. And everyone else is kind of obv town, so going after me made the most sense. However, the cases aren’t strong because it’s a forced case.
Like, I get why Komodo’s making the cases, it’s just always going to be able to be taken apart by people who aren’t even me.

Flavor Leaf
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 18, 2017
Location: East Bay, CA

Post Post #532  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:57 pm

Roster, Nikk, and Nauci are all 100% town in my book for reasons stated already, and by obvious town agenda.

Pvurist is like 95% town based on Vivit vs Pvurist, but that “I’m convinced” line to the weak reasonings that if you just look over is obviously a flawed case opens the 5% up.

Xwing I haven’t really looked into much, tbh, but nothing shouts scum to me like with Komodo.

Flavor Leaf
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 18, 2017
Location: East Bay, CA

Post Post #533  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:58 pm

If Xwing was scum, Komodo would be going down by now. Or at this point, I’d be going down.

rosterfoster
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: December 17, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #534  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:13 pm

In post 529, Flavor Leaf wrote:If I was scum, Vivit does not get lynched yesterday. I’ve literally lost one scum game in the past two years.


Playing the reputation card, eh? :P

Flavor Leaf wrote:If Xwing was scum, Komodo would be going down by now. Or at this point, I’d be going down.


tbf Xwing isn't exactly here on weekends, so it's not impossible.

I feel like the game is pretty much solved. So I'd say Nauci revote, Nikk already has intent to hammer, and then Komodo claims. In the extremely unlikely event that Komodo claims a PR we need to think through the setup ofc, but I feel like that's not going to happen.

Flavor Leaf
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 18, 2017
Location: East Bay, CA

Post Post #535  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:21 pm

I would claim a PR as scum in Komodo’s situation, tbh.

Flavor Leaf
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 18, 2017
Location: East Bay, CA

Post Post #536  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:22 pm

Which is semi why I wanted to mass claim today, because scum going down claims a PR. Especially if we’re in the third column.

xwing
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: August 07, 2018

Post Post #537  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:51 pm

im good with either a komodo or FL lynch today as they are my weakest reads..
more on komodo, less on FL..
i dont think scum!FL would have defended scum!vivit that much..

VOTE: komodo

L-1

xwing
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: August 07, 2018

Post Post #538  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:54 pm

dont talk about how people will claim and stuff, you're giving them ideas on how to best manipulate the game state..let the claimer claim with as little info as possible on what your thoughts are..share your thoughts after the claim..
so statements from roster and FL earn a frown from me.. :(
im fine with mass claim, but komodo claims first..

Flavor Leaf
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 18, 2017
Location: East Bay, CA

Post Post #539  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:37 pm

In post 538, xwing wrote:dont talk about how people will claim and stuff, you're giving them ideas on how to best manipulate the game state..let the claimer claim with as little info as possible on what your thoughts are..share your thoughts after the claim..
so statements from roster and FL earn a frown from me.. :(
im fine with mass claim, but komodo claims first..


Yeah, Komodo claims first, obviously, haha.

L-1 Komodo, it’s claim time.

Flavor Leaf
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 18, 2017
Location: East Bay, CA

Post Post #540  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:39 pm

Xwing is town because scumxwing could have just went on my wagon, and then that would further a TvT Komodo/FL double mislynch path.

Pvurist is the only one who can be scum at this point if Komodo isn’t, tbh.

Flavor Leaf
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 18, 2017
Location: East Bay, CA

Post Post #541  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:39 pm

But Occam’s Razor, it’s just Komodo.

Nauci
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 10, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #542  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:41 pm

Intent to hammer between now and when I have jury duty tomorrow morning

Nauci
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 10, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #543  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:42 pm

In post 540, Flavor Leaf wrote:Xwing is town because scumxwing could have just went on my wagon, and then that would further a TvT Komodo/FL double mislynch path.

Pvurist is the only one who can be scum at this point if Komodo isn’t, tbh.


Eh

The way it was left kinda open keeps him in the 5% what if Komodo isn't scum pool for me

Flavor Leaf
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 18, 2017
Location: East Bay, CA

Post Post #544  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:45 pm

In post 543, Nauci wrote:
In post 540, Flavor Leaf wrote:Xwing is town because scumxwing could have just went on my wagon, and then that would further a TvT Komodo/FL double mislynch path.

Pvurist is the only one who can be scum at this point if Komodo isn’t, tbh.


Eh

The way it was left kinda open keeps him in the 5% what if Komodo isn't scum pool for me


Fair, I could see it. The shading of Roster/Myself makes sense in the way.

Flavor Leaf
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 18, 2017
Location: East Bay, CA

Post Post #545  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:46 pm

The Roster/Nauci/FL town block is pretty solid, though.

I can’t see either of you as scum at all at this point.

xwing
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: August 07, 2018

Post Post #546  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:55 pm

it's weird to call it as shading when i have roster as my strong town read..
it would be stupid for scum to try to push for a lynch on someone they strongly town read (e.g. scum!xwing pushing on town!roster)..but okay i get your point too, just seems overly weak to me..

i would say it's scum!komodo..he was pushing on a slot who seems to me as the globally weakest town read (FL)..i can consider that as low hanging fruit..

if he isn't, im still wary of FL and how he's inserting himself as part of the town block when people aren't really globally town reading him..but i really think the game is won with a komodo flip..

Flavor Leaf
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 18, 2017
Location: East Bay, CA

Post Post #547  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:58 pm

It doesn’t matter if I’m not overly town read. I see Nauci and myself as basically a masonry at this point.

And even if Roster doesn’t fully trust me, I will never lynch him and would defend him if he got pushed.

Tip I learned as town: You don’t need the entire game to town read you, you just need a couple good buddies to help you along.

Town finding other town and working together is just as important as scum hunting.

Flavor Leaf
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 18, 2017
Location: East Bay, CA

Post Post #548  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:59 pm

I agree with you, Xwing, it’s why I jumped the gun with calling you near lock town.

I do think the game just ends with Komodo lynch, though.

Nikk
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 07, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #549  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:45 pm

Yeah that recent push towards someone I townread would bring it from null read that others think is scum to my own scum read.

Intent to hammer in about an hour.

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to The Road to Rome