Newbie 1911 - Night 1

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. It is suggested, but not required, that you play your first game here. Signups Here
PvtUrist
Goon

Post Post #50  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:27 am

In post 49, Earth Traveler wrote:also hi PrvUrist

<3

In post 11, Nikk wrote:
In post 9, TheRainKing wrote:VOTE: Nikk

Because you hurt my feelings :(

Revenge vote
Obvious scum
Ez game

In post 15, EchoVision wrote:
In post 12, BlurryX wrote:VOTE: Egix96 because he has no votes yet

how have we not lynched this obvious scum yet?
VOTE: BlurryX

Wild guess scum are TRK and EV

PvtUrist
Goon

Post Post #51  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:27 am

In post 21, Egix96 wrote:
In post 20, BlurryX wrote:I think we should all endeavor to be as active as possible this game. The only real way we are going to snuff out any scumbags is either through a lucky night action or by analyzing what people are saying. We can't analyze anything if nobody is talking.

To that end, we really need to lynch somebody by the end of the day, but hopefully take as much of the day as we can before we decide who to lynch. If we don't lynch anybody, it just means a slow death for town. We need things to happen. Inaction = Mafia wins.

Seems like good advice at first, but... there's something about the way this post is written that makes it all seem a bit forced. It's as if you're writing a bunch of words just to try and grab some free towncred.

Let's see where this goes:

UNVOTE: Yyotta

VOTE: Blurry

This is TvT

PvtUrist
Goon

Post Post #52  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:37 am

Reads;

{Urist} conf town
{} strong town
{}lean town
{Egix96, Nikk, BlurryX, T-Bone, Earth Traveler} null town
{Prajwal31} null
{TheRainKing, EchoVision} null scum
{} strong scum

It'd be lovely if all the players could get themselves an avatar

PvtUrist
Goon

Post Post #53  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:51 am

I gotchu Blurry, you're town in my hearts.

VOTE: EchoVision Let's lynch scum instead

In post 46, Micc wrote:PrvUrist replaces FireyBFDi.

Damnit that's not how my named's spelled :facepalm: (still love you don't worry)

Micc
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: He

Post Post #54  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:06 pm

The deadline for Day 1 has been unpaused.

Votecount 1.02BlurryX (3) - EchoVision, Egix96, T-Bone
Earth Traveler (1) - Prajwal31
T-Bone (1) - BlurryX
EchoVision (1) - PvtUrist

Not Voting (3) - Nikk, Earth Traveler, TheRainKing

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is in 3 days, 7 hours, 45 minutes.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" - Ninja Boy Hideo

BlurryX
Townie

Post Post #55  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:03 pm

In post 48, EchoVision wrote:
In post 44, BlurryX wrote:So, my reasoning for posting that "towniecred" post was because I've played this game once on another forum, and that game most town players just lurked. Not only was it not fun when nobody was really involved, but, because town was just filled with lurkers they lost. Since this is a newbie game, and some people have never played before I figured I would try and head that off. Apparently though, you can't give any kind of good advice to town and not be mafia. We should all just assume that everyone knows the optimal way to play, and anyone trying to give good advice is obviously mafia.

As to why I'm not defending my innocence, there's literally no point.

If I'm mafia, I would say I'm town

If I'm town, I would say I'm town.

It's just a waste of time, and lynching anyone super early in the game is, in my opinion, a bad idea. You lose 10 days worth of information. In my first post, I didn't say I wanted people to lynch the first suspect, I wanted people to lynch each day, because otherwise we get no information. You guys are really nitpicky about wording in a way that I don't think is relevant. You aren't going to discover mafia by how they phrase things, you do it by seeing what their actions are.

With that out of the way: T-Bone, why did you put me at L-1. What was your reasoning for that?

TheRainKing, in what way was egix's reasoning sound. Is repeating yourself a scumtell?

I don't think eqix pushing on the first person is a scummy move, could just as likely be trying to fish for information.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: T-Bone

tl;dr “omgus for voting me, if you guys want to lynch me and lose out on a bunch of information then have at it bc i’m town” you’re still defensive but now you’re being an ass about it like you’re above everyone else in this game and you staying alive is gonna help town so much bc you have experience on a new site oooo big boy !!!

also were you not defending your innocence before?? iirc you were defending yourself over rvs which was pointless because it was rvs and that’s pointless??? also no response to me calling you out on not voting the guy you said was “not town” ?? just a vote on him without acknowledging me? damn man i see you

I don't think his vote was at that point random, and I was just explaining my reasoning for the post that was suspicious. You have mastered the art of missing the point on every single one of my posts. I didn't mention that other game I played "ONCE" because I'm trying to claim some kind of experience. I'm trying to bring context to why I think town should be active, which was the entire point of my first post.

Another thing. Before PvtUrist joined, there were 7 active players, 5 at one point or another voted for me, with the 6th saying that he was suspicious of me. If you do the math, there are a few possibilities here:

1. Mafia are leading the charge against me to vote me out because I'm an easy target.
2. Town is leading the charge, and mafia is bandwagoning on me
3. The two AFKs were mafia and town is just really quick to put someone up (unlikely)
4. I'm scum, and the other mafia is afk, so no intel
5. I'm scum, and the other mafia is voting for me, or calling me out to hide their tracks and blend in (it would either have to be Earth Traveler or mafia would have to be willing to risk me getting lynched almost immediately)

Now, we don't know which one of those possibilities is true. But some of those are more probable than the others (number 5 would be a bold and dumb move).

Now, we know the following:
EchoVision voted for me in the Random Voting stage, so he has that plausible deniability, but he kept me at L-1.
Egix96 was the first to speak against me, but that isn't in itself suspicious, its part of the game. He, however, also kept me at L-1.
TRK put me at L-1, but possibly didn't know that was what was happening, and then later unvoted.
Nikk, when seeing I was at L-1, unvoted me.
T-Bone put me at L-1 again with the "Agressive choice", which is pretty risky if you are town.

Now, T-Bone, in response to your question about what happened after:

Earth Traveler didn't hammer, so if we go to the above scenarios, he could be my mafia teammate, he could be town who didn't think there was enough evidence, or he could be mafia and not trying to bring suspicion on himself by casting the final vote. There just isn't enough information to make any kind of logical conclusion, but to me it leans town. He could have just as easily hammered me, played it off, and possibly gotten away with it if he was mafia. If I had been in his position I might have done that if I was mafia.

Egix didn't unvote me, but he also didn't double down.

Echovision is the person who most wants to see me lynched, to the point of fixating on only that (every post has been about me). He also seems to miss every single point I make, but he could just not know how to read.

Nikk
Goon

Post Post #56  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:40 am

Blurry, if you and Pvt are a scum team you just sold them down the river with that post.

PvtUrist
Goon

Post Post #57  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:47 am

But only if either one of us is scum :wink:

PvtUrist
Goon

Post Post #58  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:50 am

How're you reading things Nikk?

To me it seems like town newbie!Blurry being wagoned by scum hoping for an early D1 lynch

Nikk
Goon

Post Post #59  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:55 am

In post 58, PvtUrist wrote:How're you reading things Nikk?

To me it seems like town newbie!Blurry being wagoned by scum hoping for an early D1 lynch

I'm in agreement there, TRK is either extremely new or extremely scum haven't decided which yet.

Not much else to sift through besides that. You are being you so far. Null.

Nikk
Goon

Post Post #60  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:27 pm

Not thrilled with how dead this got...

BlurryX
Townie

Post Post #61  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:54 pm

Well then, lets see if we can force some activity.

VOTE: EchoVision

Nikk, do you not find it a little suspicious that I got so many votes so quickly?

Nikk
Goon

Post Post #62  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:16 pm

In post 61, BlurryX wrote:Well then, lets see if we can force some activity.

Nikk, do you not find it a little suspicious that I got so many votes so quickly?

Yes, as my actions show I do. TRK being the scummiest of your voters in my opinion.

BlurryX
Townie

Post Post #63  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:21 pm

I do wish people were more active, in the last 36 hours there have been 3 people that have posted anything, Nikk, PvtUrist and myself. This is exactly what I was worried would happen. If the day continues like this, we won't have much substantial to go off of and its more likely we will lynch a town.

BlurryX
Townie

Post Post #64  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:31 pm

Nikk, could you go into more detail why you think TRK is the most scummy. Who is the most town right now in your opinion? If you had to rank each player on a spectrum of scum to not scum how would you place them?

My ranking:

Most Scum <------------------------> Least Scum
EchoVision, T-Bone, TRK, Egix96, Nikk, EarthTraveler, PvtUrist

Prajwal is AFK so neutral, I hope he either starts posting or gets replaced

My below is my reasoning:

Echovision seems to be pushing hard for my lynching on very little evidence.
T-Bone for putting me at L-1 and leaving me there
TRK for hopping on the bandwagon almost immediately and only backing off once he sensed the tides were shifting
Scum^

Eqix, neutral, could go either way

town leaning below:
Nikk, for taking me away from L-1 and being active
PvtUrist for speaking against the bandwagon (obviously if I'm town and he was mafia he wouldn't be telling people I'm the wrong person to lynch)

BlurryX
Townie

Post Post #65  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:33 pm

I'm pretty convinced right now that EchoVision is scum, unless he can provide some kind of compelling rebuttal.

Nikk
Goon

Post Post #66  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:35 pm

His quick back off once I called him out annnnd that's it really.

But were only 3 pages in.

Nikk
Goon

Post Post #67  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:36 pm

Shouldn't we be seeing some pings?

TheRainKing
Townie

Post Post #68  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:56 pm

Hey, what does Tvt and Nullscum mean?

EchoVision
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:03 pm

In post 52, PvtUrist wrote:Reads;

{Urist} conf town
{} strong town
{}lean town
{Egix96, Nikk, BlurryX, T-Bone, Earth Traveler} null town
{Prajwal31} null
{TheRainKing, EchoVision} null scum
{} strong scum

It'd be lovely if all the players could get themselves an avatar

you're town
UnaBombaH: I think Im happy you turned up to be the scum, and that you won, because I will use this game as a guideline for whenever I finally land my first scumrole.

haha pokeBALLS

EchoVision
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:09 pm

In post 55, BlurryX wrote:
In post 48, EchoVision wrote:
In post 44, BlurryX wrote:So, my reasoning for posting that "towniecred" post was because I've played this game once on another forum, and that game most town players just lurked. Not only was it not fun when nobody was really involved, but, because town was just filled with lurkers they lost. Since this is a newbie game, and some people have never played before I figured I would try and head that off. Apparently though, you can't give any kind of good advice to town and not be mafia. We should all just assume that everyone knows the optimal way to play, and anyone trying to give good advice is obviously mafia.

As to why I'm not defending my innocence, there's literally no point.

If I'm mafia, I would say I'm town

If I'm town, I would say I'm town.

It's just a waste of time, and lynching anyone super early in the game is, in my opinion, a bad idea. You lose 10 days worth of information. In my first post, I didn't say I wanted people to lynch the first suspect, I wanted people to lynch each day, because otherwise we get no information. You guys are really nitpicky about wording in a way that I don't think is relevant. You aren't going to discover mafia by how they phrase things, you do it by seeing what their actions are.

With that out of the way: T-Bone, why did you put me at L-1. What was your reasoning for that?

TheRainKing, in what way was egix's reasoning sound. Is repeating yourself a scumtell?

I don't think eqix pushing on the first person is a scummy move, could just as likely be trying to fish for information.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: T-Bone

tl;dr “omgus for voting me, if you guys want to lynch me and lose out on a bunch of information then have at it bc i’m town” you’re still defensive but now you’re being an ass about it like you’re above everyone else in this game and you staying alive is gonna help town so much bc you have experience on a new site oooo big boy !!!

also were you not defending your innocence before?? iirc you were defending yourself over rvs which was pointless because it was rvs and that’s pointless??? also no response to me calling you out on not voting the guy you said was “not town” ?? just a vote on him without acknowledging me? damn man i see you

I don't think his vote was at that point random, and I was just explaining my reasoning for the post that was suspicious. You have mastered the art of missing the point on every single one of my posts. I didn't mention that other game I played "ONCE" because I'm trying to claim some kind of experience. I'm trying to bring context to why I think town should be active, which was the entire point of my first post.

Another thing. Before PvtUrist joined, there were 7 active players, 5 at one point or another voted for me, with the 6th saying that he was suspicious of me. If you do the math, there are a few possibilities here:

1. Mafia are leading the charge against me to vote me out because I'm an easy target.
2. Town is leading the charge, and mafia is bandwagoning on me
3. The two AFKs were mafia and town is just really quick to put someone up (unlikely)
4. I'm scum, and the other mafia is afk, so no intel
5. I'm scum, and the other mafia is voting for me, or calling me out to hide their tracks and blend in (it would either have to be Earth Traveler or mafia would have to be willing to risk me getting lynched almost immediately)

Now, we don't know which one of those possibilities is true. But some of those are more probable than the others (number 5 would be a bold and dumb move).

Now, we know the following:
EchoVision voted for me in the Random Voting stage, so he has that plausible deniability, but he kept me at L-1.
Egix96 was the first to speak against me, but that isn't in itself suspicious, its part of the game. He, however, also kept me at L-1.
TRK put me at L-1, but possibly didn't know that was what was happening, and then later unvoted.
Nikk, when seeing I was at L-1, unvoted me.
T-Bone put me at L-1 again with the "Agressive choice", which is pretty risky if you are town.

Now, T-Bone, in response to your question about what happened after:

Earth Traveler didn't hammer, so if we go to the above scenarios, he could be my mafia teammate, he could be town who didn't think there was enough evidence, or he could be mafia and not trying to bring suspicion on himself by casting the final vote. There just isn't enough information to make any kind of logical conclusion, but to me it leans town. He could have just as easily hammered me, played it off, and possibly gotten away with it if he was mafia. If I had been in his position I might have done that if I was mafia.

Egix didn't unvote me, but he also didn't double down.

Echovision is the person who most wants to see me lynched, to the point of fixating on only that (every post has been about me). He also seems to miss every single point I make, but he could just not know how to read.

this is a newbie game, it's not 5

damn right i kept you at l-1 lmao, i mean to be fair i was gone the first time you got put on L-1, but if i was there, i still would've kept you on L-1

don't really see putting you at L-1 this early as a risky choice, if somebody actually lynches you this early on they're confirmed hung the next day, TRK is town looking to fuck shit up which i relate bc that's exactly what I do, it's fun to put pressure on people to see how they react

he didn't hammer bc if you are town (doubt it) that would mean his certain death in the next 24 game hours, if he finessed his way out of that then god damn he's a fuckin pro

VOTE: BlurryX
UnaBombaH: I think Im happy you turned up to be the scum, and that you won, because I will use this game as a guideline for whenever I finally land my first scumrole.

haha pokeBALLS

EchoVision
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:11 pm

In post 61, BlurryX wrote:Well then, lets see if we can force some activity.

buddy relax you're not gonna force activity out of me, i get on this site when i get on it lol

besides i was at a conference all weekend and was barely on my phone, and didn't even have a computer with me. just got home and only remembered i was in this game bc i have it bookmarked lol so if i disappear i def forgot about this :shrug:

haha pokeBALLS

EchoVision
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:13 pm

In post 61, BlurryX wrote:Nikk, do you not find it a little suspicious that I got so many votes so quickly?

also i really don't like this at all, why are you trying to get him to hop on with you and agree with you

nikk's town

haha pokeBALLS

EchoVision
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:15 pm

In post 64, BlurryX wrote:Nikk, for taking me away from L-1 and being active
PvtUrist for speaking against the bandwagon (obviously if I'm town and he was mafia he wouldn't be telling people I'm the wrong person to lynch)

hey guys activity = towniness TIL
someone who doesn't want me lynched is obvi town, bc reaching for town cred and not doing something that's obvi scum = towniness

haha pokeBALLS

EchoVision
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:17 pm

In post 68, TheRainKing wrote:Hey, what does Tvt and Nullscum mean?

TvT = Town vs Town, when two people are arguing/going at it against each other yet both of them seem town
NullScum = A more or less null read, with a slight read closer towards scum. Leaning more towards scum than town, but not certain in either direction

haha pokeBALLS

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to The Road to Rome