Newbie 1911 - Game Over

Nikk
Goon

Pronoun: He

Post Post #25  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:40 pm

In post 21, Egix96 wrote:
In post 20, BlurryX wrote:I think we should all endeavor to be as active as possible this game. The only real way we are going to snuff out any scumbags is either through a lucky night action or by analyzing what people are saying. We can't analyze anything if nobody is talking.

To that end, we really need to lynch somebody by the end of the day, but hopefully take as much of the day as we can before we decide who to lynch. If we don't lynch anybody, it just means a slow death for town. We need things to happen. Inaction = Mafia wins.

Seems like good advice at first, but... there's something about the way this post is written that makes it all seem a bit forced. It's as if you're writing a bunch of words just to try and grab some free towncred.

Let's see where this goes:

UNVOTE: Yyotta

VOTE: Blurry

VOTE: blurry

Nikk
Goon

Post Post #26  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:45 pm

Also V/LA please until Friday please. Ill be on sporadically but I have auditors at my job so my activity will be cut severly.

Micc
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:42 pm

FireyBFDi replaces YyottaCat.
Prodding TheRainKing.
Nikk is V/LA until 1/11.

Votecount 1.01BlurryX (3) - EchoVision, Egix96, Nikk
Nikk (1) - TheRainKing
Earth Traveler (1) - Prajwal31
EchoVision (1) - BlurryX
T-Bone (1) - Earth Traveler

Not Voting (2) - FireyBFDi, T-Bone

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is paused at 10 days.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" - Ninja Boy Hideo

Egix96
Goon

Post Post #28  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:58 am

In post 24, BlurryX wrote:
Seems like good advice at first, but... there's something about the way this post is written that makes it all seem a bit forced. It's as if you're writing a bunch of words just to try and grab some free towncred.

So your logic behind your scum read is, this guy is giving town advice, so he must be scum? Care to explain the logic behind that assumption? Why would I, if I'm mafia, try and spur discussion when none had happened yet? I feel like that would be a pretty poor play. I didn't write what I did to up townie-cred, I did it because nobody was saying anything interesting and a day had passed.

That's not quite it.
The thing is, the initial impression I got from reading that post was that, on the surface, it seemed innocent enough, but at some points you seemed to be using redundant phrasing/using more words than necessary. That's what seemed forced about it.
There's nothing stopping scum from siding with the town if they think it will benefit them in the long run. I don't think it's a poor play at all.
My wiki page!
Regret nothing.

TheRainKing
Townie

Post Post #29  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:57 am

I think Egix's reasoning is sound, but definitely not conclusive. Blurry could just be trying to gain the trust of the town, and it does seem a bit suspicious to me.
Let's see if i can do this voting thing correrctly:
UNVOTE: Nikk
VOTE: BlurryX

Nikk
Goon

Post Post #30  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:39 pm

UNVOTE:

Bringing to L-1 page two without warning it's L-1 is an interesting choice.

TheRainKing
Townie

Post Post #31  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:28 pm

My bad, first game here.

T-Bone
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:48 pm

Well, how would you feel about an aggressive choice?

Vote: BlurryX
#TeamLizzy (or I will ban you)

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019

Earth Traveler
Townie

Post Post #33  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:14 am

I think I'm null on Blurry's post, but that's because I think it could go either way. It *could* be scum trying to build towncred as Egix said, but since it is, in fact, good advice (albeit advice that looks like a regurgitation of "how to be a good townie" from the wiki...
oh screw it I'm putting Blurry as a scumlean. That said like Rain I'm not certain about this and I don't feel comfortable with Blurry sitting at L-1 waiting to get turboed on page 2 so if somebody on him could unvote that would be neat.

FoS on BlurryX

All that being said, one thing I don't like about the push itself is Echo making two posts calling Blurry obv scum and not doing anything else... it's a bit scummy to me, kinda like trying to push? set up? an easy mislynch

Also UNVOTE:

BlurryX
Townie

Post Post #34  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:41 am

I get lynched, you lose an entire day of information, whether I'm scum or not. It's honestly a waste of time to try and prove my innocence, there is no defense against "my gut feeling".

That being said, what could you possibly have to gain by putting me at L-1 this early T-Bone if you're town? I don't think you can draw out scum like that, the deciding vote is just as likely to be an overzealous town as it is to be scum.

EchoVision
Mafia Scum

Location: not on a plane, not on a train, not in a moat, not on a boat

Post Post #35  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:11 am

So your logic behind your scum read is, this guy is giving town advice, so he must be scum? Care to explain the logic behind that assumption? Why would I, if I'm mafia, try and spur discussion when none had happened yet? I feel like that would be a pretty poor play. I didn't write what I did to up townie-cred, I did it because nobody was saying anything interesting and a day had passed.

what’s with the defense in random votes when all he said was a lil tiny FoS on you

lynch this scum ez
UnaBombaH: I think Im happy you turned up to be the scum, and that you won, because I will use this game as a guideline for whenever I finally land my first scumrole.

haha pokeBALLS

EchoVision
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:16 am

In post 29, TheRainKing wrote:I think Egix's reasoning is sound, but definitely not conclusive. Blurry could just be trying to gain the trust of the town, and it does seem a bit suspicious to me.
Let's see if i can do this voting thing correrctly:
UNVOTE: Nikk
VOTE: BlurryX

but see as town, seasoned players, which idk if blurry is or not and i don’t care enough to check, don’t try and gain the trust of town, it’s often scum that try and gain the trust of the town, most actual townies couldn’t care less unless they’re a pr about gaining the towns trust...

this game (at least to me) is an innocent until proven guilty game, not guilty until proven innocent
UnaBombaH: I think Im happy you turned up to be the scum, and that you won, because I will use this game as a guideline for whenever I finally land my first scumrole.

haha pokeBALLS

EchoVision
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:20 am

In post 34, BlurryX wrote:I get lynched, you lose an entire day of information, whether I'm scum or not. It's honestly a waste of time to try and prove my innocence, there is no defense against "my gut feeling".

That being said, what could you possibly have to gain by putting me at L-1 this early T-Bone if you're town? I don't think you can draw out scum like that, the deciding vote is just as likely to be an overzealous town as it is to be scum.

-“if you lynch me you gain nothing and you suck”
-“what would you have to gain if you’re town?” insinuating that he’s not town but no vote on him? interesting to me

obv scum

also wow you guys really start shit quickly now, rvs was practically non existent... or is that just meta now that we get in and out as quickly as possible? haven’t played in for fuckin ever

haha pokeBALLS

TheRainKing
Townie

Post Post #38  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:16 am

From what I've seen, "whether I'm scum or not" arguments usually come from scum.

TheRainKing
Townie

Post Post #39  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:39 am

That being said, I'll UNVOTE: to let discussion further itself.

Egix96
Goon

Post Post #40  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:52 am

In post 37, EchoVision wrote:also wow you guys really start shit quickly now, rvs was practically non existent... or is that just meta now that we get in and out as quickly as possible? haven’t played in for fuckin ever

Are we playing the same game? ;)
Jokes aside, this is so far the slowest a game has ever started for me.

In post 38, TheRainKing wrote:From what I've seen, "whether I'm scum or not" arguments usually come from scum.

Where have you seen such arguments before? On this site, or elsewhere?
My wiki page!
Regret nothing.

TheRainKing
Townie

Post Post #41  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:12 pm

In post 38, TheRainKing wrote:From what I've seen, "whether I'm scum or not" arguments usually come from scum.

Where have you seen such arguments before? On this site, or elsewhere?[/quote]

This is my first game on the site, I've just played lots of other mafia style games through the years, and I and other mafia have used it a lot. I guess because as a mafia you want to "think like a townie"? But townies, when accused, would usually just go for defending themselves as a townie, because they are.

Also, Blurry talks about how we need to take action fast, and then claims it's bad when he's targeted. That's fairly sus to me.

TheRainKing
Townie

Post Post #42  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:14 pm

(Sorry about broken quotes)

Micc
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:20 pm

Searching for a replacement for FireyBFDi who hasn't picked up their role PM.
Prodding Prajwal31.

BlurryX
Townie

Post Post #44  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:34 pm

So, my reasoning for posting that "towniecred" post was because I've played this game once on another forum, and that game most town players just lurked. Not only was it not fun when nobody was really involved, but, because town was just filled with lurkers they lost. Since this is a newbie game, and some people have never played before I figured I would try and head that off. Apparently though, you can't give any kind of good advice to town and not be mafia. We should all just assume that everyone knows the optimal way to play, and anyone trying to give good advice is obviously mafia.

As to why I'm not defending my innocence, there's literally no point.

If I'm mafia, I would say I'm town

If I'm town, I would say I'm town.

It's just a waste of time, and lynching anyone super early in the game is, in my opinion, a bad idea. You lose 10 days worth of information. In my first post, I didn't say I wanted people to lynch the first suspect, I wanted people to lynch each day, because otherwise we get no information. You guys are really nitpicky about wording in a way that I don't think is relevant. You aren't going to discover mafia by how they phrase things, you do it by seeing what their actions are.

With that out of the way: T-Bone, why did you put me at L-1. What was your reasoning for that?

TheRainKing, in what way was egix's reasoning sound. Is repeating yourself a scumtell?

I don't think eqix pushing on the first person is a scummy move, could just as likely be trying to fish for information.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: T-Bone

T-Bone
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:06 pm

Thanks for asking. I explained why I moved you to L-1. It's not about you. It was a direct reaction to Nikk's post #30. Notice that he commented that bringing someone to L-1 was an interesting choice, so I used similar language by citing that I was making an aggressive choice to move you back to L-1. I was hoping that Nikk would have responded soon after, but it wasn't meant to be. Still, we got some things to happen.

Let me ask you. What do you think of the events afterwards? Earth Traveler didn't hammer, EchoVision doubled down, TheRainKing then took you out of danger. Egix96 didn't feel the need to take you further out of danger.
#TeamLizzy (or I will ban you)

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019

Micc
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:21 pm

PvtUrist replaces FireyBFDi.

Nikk
Goon

Post Post #47  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:07 am

Blurry's walk back at the slightest bit of pushback seems super scum to me.

T-bone seems town.

EchoVision
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:11 am

In post 44, BlurryX wrote:So, my reasoning for posting that "towniecred" post was because I've played this game once on another forum, and that game most town players just lurked. Not only was it not fun when nobody was really involved, but, because town was just filled with lurkers they lost. Since this is a newbie game, and some people have never played before I figured I would try and head that off. Apparently though, you can't give any kind of good advice to town and not be mafia. We should all just assume that everyone knows the optimal way to play, and anyone trying to give good advice is obviously mafia.

As to why I'm not defending my innocence, there's literally no point.

If I'm mafia, I would say I'm town

If I'm town, I would say I'm town.

It's just a waste of time, and lynching anyone super early in the game is, in my opinion, a bad idea. You lose 10 days worth of information. In my first post, I didn't say I wanted people to lynch the first suspect, I wanted people to lynch each day, because otherwise we get no information. You guys are really nitpicky about wording in a way that I don't think is relevant. You aren't going to discover mafia by how they phrase things, you do it by seeing what their actions are.

With that out of the way: T-Bone, why did you put me at L-1. What was your reasoning for that?

TheRainKing, in what way was egix's reasoning sound. Is repeating yourself a scumtell?

I don't think eqix pushing on the first person is a scummy move, could just as likely be trying to fish for information.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: T-Bone

tl;dr “omgus for voting me, if you guys want to lynch me and lose out on a bunch of information then have at it bc i’m town” you’re still defensive but now you’re being an ass about it like you’re above everyone else in this game and you staying alive is gonna help town so much bc you have experience on a new site oooo big boy !!!

also were you not defending your innocence before?? iirc you were defending yourself over rvs which was pointless because it was rvs and that’s pointless??? also no response to me calling you out on not voting the guy you said was “not town” ?? just a vote on him without acknowledging me? damn man i see you

haha pokeBALLS

Earth Traveler
Townie

Post Post #49  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:53 am

freaking lost the post i was working on

anyway

I agree with Nikk that T-Bone's reasoning checks out. Now to the main reason I'm writing this:

In post 35, EchoVision wrote:

what’s with the defense in random votes when all he said was a lil tiny FoS on you

lynch this scum ez

EchoVision wrote:
In post 44, BlurryX wrote:*stupid defense by Blurry*

tl;dr “omgus for voting me, if you guys want to lynch me and lose out on a bunch of information then have at it bc i’m town” you’re still defensive but now you’re being an ass about it like you’re above everyone else in this game and you staying alive is gonna help town so much bc you have experience on a new site oooo big boy !!!

also were you not defending your innocence before?? iirc you were defending yourself over rvs which was pointless because it was rvs and that’s pointless??? also no response to me calling you out on not voting the guy you said was “not town” ?? just a vote on him without acknowledging me? damn man i see you

These two three posts kinda rub me the wrong way. Egix didn't have a "lil tiny FoS" on Blurry, he actually placed a non-random vote on Blurry, and that was his second vote, which can actually be a big deal at forums with shorter days. The part about acting like he was reacting to an RVS vote really bugs me since you said it twice and it isn't true. Plus you seem to criticize him in another post not playing "seasoned player"... which is a little bit weird to say in a newbie game, but not really bad.

What really bugs me is that all of your content is literally posts railing at Blurry calling him scum. I agree that he's probably scum, but you've after him so hard that you are the only active player in the game who hasn't attempted to read someone who isn't Blurry. Nobody TRs him, his attempts at defense are awful, so to go after him this relentlessly seems like you're desperate to make sure he gets lynched, when the whole point of us not hammering him right now IS to have discussion about other players.

So basically, Echo, what I'm asking is your opinion on anyone who's not Blurry, so that I can get a better read on you.

also hi PrvUrist

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games