Newbie 1912 [GAME COMPLETE]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. It is suggested, but not required, that you play your first game here. Signups Here
Loopdan
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:26 pm

In post 46, Skellen wrote:I interpret your move so that you push the second vote on people to pressure them. Alright. But in muh's case it's pointless, half the votes on him are basically himself. He can just shrug it off and unvote and *poof*... pointless. If you really wanted to pressure someone there were other and better options who already had one vote.

So did you consider adding a third vote on muh to increase the pressure? If you considered this, why didn't you do it?

For that matter, why aren't you voting me now?

Thespio
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: He

Post Post #51  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:27 pm

In post 48, Skellen wrote:
In post 45, Thespio wrote:I understand the concern, at this point who would you lynch? (keeping in mind there are two people who havent contributed)

If nothing really good comes up which is worth a try then in doubt one of the inactives, since the silent ones always become a bother later. The lack of information gain is a problem then though. Then again I think this site has a good way to handle this issue so for me it's no big deal at the moment. So going by what I can see here, Loopdan would be my choice.

Im leaning towards the two inactives, because today we wont have any actually context to the game its better for town to keep people who are active (even if scum) alive because we can use them to sort out scum D2.

Loopdan
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:30 pm

@Skellen

So if I get this right, you are saying my vote was for pressure, but it's "pointless" pressure since muh can unvote, and that makes me scummy.

Can you explain why this makes me scummy? That's not a rhetorical question, by the way. I'd like to understand how you are thinking about this.

Thespio
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:42 pm

In post 52, Loopdan wrote:So if I get this right, you are saying my vote was for pressure, but it's "pointless" pressure since muh can unvote, and that makes me scummy.

Can you explain why this makes me scummy? That's not a rhetorical question, by the way. I'd like to understand how you are thinking about this.

I think hes just susp of early pressure mixed with lack of information. I get it, perhaps you are both jumping the gun. maybe we should look at the less active players like Pvt and Munchmellow

Loopdan
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:47 pm

That's fine but they aren't here to talk to.

Thespio
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:53 pm

In post 54, Loopdan wrote:That's fine but they aren't here to talk to.

Well lets prepare questions, i think they might be in a different TZ

Skellen
Goon

Pronoun: She

Post Post #56  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:04 pm

@Loopdan:

#49: Well, there were Elements, spio, me and Pvturist. The former two were even in this thread during that time.

#50: What? muh is to me as interesting as a rock at the roadside, since there is not much. I never had any intent to vote him?

I am not voting you, because I think it's too soon. Well and it wouldn't do anything. You are, if I get the IC concept right, the most experienced player here, I honestly doubt that vote would make you care. Heck, even I only remembered I had a vote on me just because I looked the votecount up right now and didn't care at all.

#52: It seems to me scummy, because it looks like you want to go forward like the good townie who pressures people while taking the one person where there is the least risk that this one gets up to 3 votes and thus more in the focus like his voters probably would too then (well I hope you get my train of thought). Well that and because I don't see any benefit in that choice. It's ultimately not that much, since you could as well have avoided that with not doing anything which would have been easier, but it's the first day, I grasp what I can and give it a try.

Also the reply to #28 is still due.

Thespio
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:12 pm

I think this is a tvt fight

Loopdan
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:32 pm

In post 57, Thespio wrote:I think this is a tvt fight

I agree.

Loopdan
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:40 pm

Skellen's post is pretty good. I don't agree with everything he says, but his thinking is clear and he does look to be approaching this exchange from a mindset that wants to solve rather than lynch.

Skellen, you should be using your vote. I know you said you come from live games where a vote is final, but here you need to use it as a weapon. If nothing else, you should vote whoever appears scummiest. It allows for others to then build on those "wagons" with their votes and that's where pressure and sorting of alignments starts accelerating. You can always move your vote as your reads change.

Loopdan
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:41 pm

IC NOTE: To link a post number like in my last post, just type in a post number and surround it with the post tag.

Like this:
Code: Select all
[post]56[/post]

Thespio
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:43 pm

I think all the active players at this point (iffy on elements and muh) are town

Elements
Goon

Post Post #62  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:50 pm

In post 61, Thespio wrote:I think all the active players at this point (iffy on elements and muh) are town

just to clarify, it's you, skellen and loopdan you think are town

Thespio
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:57 pm

In post 62, Elements wrote:
In post 61, Thespio wrote:I think all the active players at this point (iffy on elements and muh) are town

just to clarify, it's you, skellen and loopdan you think are town

Well i know Im town, these two fighting here doesnt seem staged, and they both seem to be coming from a town perspective, you are a town lean (even though you are fascist scum), but more nuetral, then Muh, then everyone else.

Elements
Goon

Post Post #64  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:03 pm

In post 56, Skellen wrote:Also the reply to #28 is still due.

i don't see why this is important in any way. the vote happened on the first page of the game after muh voted themselves to spite loopdan. i can't see how there could be any reason for loopdan to vote them other then something along the lines of "well screw you too"

Elements
Goon

Post Post #65  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:04 pm

In post 63, Thespio wrote:even though you are fascist scum

only when playing secret hitler

Thespio
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:10 pm

In post 65, Elements wrote:
In post 63, Thespio wrote:even though you are fascist scum

only when playing secret hitler

I like you now, im adding you, I played a game where someone who was not hitler indicated they were at the beginning because they are dumb and all the fascists outed themselves when she was elected. was funny.

Thespio
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:15 pm

In post 56, Skellen wrote:Also the reply to #28 is still due.

I would say wait on this, you can bring it up in a while, but for now if they want to hide their reason let them, then scum wont know, only town will.

muh316
Goon

Post Post #68  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:29 pm

In post 29, Loopdan wrote:Later.

Still nothing.

In post 51, Thespio wrote:Im leaning towards the two inactives, because today we wont have any actually context to the game its better for town to keep people who are active (even if scum) alive because we can use them to sort out scum D2.

This sounds like you're just pushing for a policy lynch. I'm all for pushing someone that lurks because that's scummy behavior, but not for inactive players. Also, what would be the point of putting pressure on an inactive player? If someone looks like they're getting replaced, I'd rather wait for the replacement to come through than push an inactive slot.

In post 58, Loopdan wrote:

I agree.

Or double bussing.

Thespio
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:13 am

To make it clear d1 I tend to lean more towards policy, I won’t push anything because we have so much time but since this is a newbie game I want everyone to understand if it is a NL or me I would prefer you kill me. A kill d1 should prepare town to win.

Munchmellow
Goon

Post Post #70  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:19 am

Loopdan wrote:

I agree.

Looks like TvT to me, too. Could also be SvT (not sure about Loopdan).

In post 68, muh316 wrote:Or double bussing.

Do you really feel it's double bussing? And why?

PvtUrist
Goon

Post Post #71  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:19 am

In post 55, Thespio wrote:Well lets prepare questions, i think they might be in a different TZ

Hallo I'm here now o/
In post 27, Thespio wrote:I think Elements is evil.

In post 66, Thespio wrote:I like you now, im adding you,

Why the sudden change of hearts on Elements?
We keep moving

MissDeadbeat
Townie

Post Post #72  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:23 am

Helloooo everyonee

Thespio
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:41 am

In post 71, PvtUrist wrote:Why the sudden change of hearts on Elements?

i was more so teasing, hence the talk about dictators.

Elements
Goon

Post Post #74  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:09 am

In post 69, Thespio wrote:if it is a NL or me I would prefer you kill me.

please don't say this. the first game of forum mafia i played someone said this. i came back half a day later to 9 pages of pointless discussion that basically destroyed the game

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to The Road to Rome