Newbie 1912 [Day 1]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. It is suggested, but not required, that you play your first game here. Signups Here
Elements
Goon

Pronoun: He

Post Post #75  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:23 am

In post 70, Munchmellow wrote:Do you really feel it's double bussing? And why?

seconded

Loopdan
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:23 am

In post 74, Elements wrote:
In post 69, Thespio wrote:if it is a NL or me I would prefer you kill me.

please don't say this. the first game of forum mafia i played someone said this. i came back half a day later to 9 pages of pointless discussion that basically destroyed the game

Thespio is correct that it's better to lynch than NL day1. But I don't like how he brought it up. It was out of the blue and looks like an attempt to declare his own towniness.

Loopdan
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:25 am

In post 68, muh316 wrote:Still nothing.

Thespio
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:30 am

In post 76, Loopdan wrote:Thespio is correct that it's better to lynch than NL day1. But I don't like how he brought it up. It was out of the blue and looks like an attempt to declare his own towniness.

Super townie :P Like i said, i really want to get this out of the way where people who are new feel like they dont know enough and arent comfortable with a lynch. My IC Post. Ill be busy today (paying the dmv for plates) so ill try to keep an eye on the game but no promises until tonight. (im in the midwest)

Loopdan
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:31 am

@Thesio - You've given out three TRs (town-reads) so far if I'm reading correctly. Can you please give maybe a sentence or two on each of these explaining why their words and actions make you think they are more likely town than scum?

Thespio
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:42 am

In post 79, Loopdan wrote:@Thesio - You've given out three TRs (town-reads) so far if I'm reading correctly. Can you please give maybe a sentence or two on each of these explaining why their words and actions make you think they are more likely town than scum?

Sure:
Me- obv town
Loopdan/Skellen- Your clash seemed tvt, as I stated earlier, beyond this the game is a little thin, so its the most town thing I am going on.
Element-I dont think theres anything particularly damning here, seemed genuine in their attempt to spark discussion.

this is where i am at

Loopdan
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:34 am

Thespio - Have you ever rolled scum?

Thespio
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:45 am

In post 81, Loopdan wrote:Thespio - Have you ever rolled scum?

On here, no, on other sites yes. Are you looking through my town meta?

Loopdan
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:56 am

Yeah I checked out your game history and didn't see any scum games, so just wanted to confirm I didn't miss anything.

Thespio
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:57 am

In post 83, Loopdan wrote:Yeah I checked out your game history and didn't see any scum games, so just wanted to confirm I didn't miss anything.

Nope, Its been a solid 4 years since I rolled scum, and it was on a college forum. If you want a run down, the last time i was scum I lurked alot, and talked about girls alot. I'm married now so that wont be the case when i roll scum. Unfortunately you will have to go with my recent town games.

Skellen
Townie

Pronoun: She

Post Post #85  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:09 pm

In post 64, Elements wrote:i don't see why this is important in any way. the vote happened on the first page of the game after muh voted themselves to spite loopdan. i can't see how there could be any reason for loopdan to vote them other then something along the lines of "well screw you too"

I would agree with this if he wouldn't have implied there is more to it with the "Later" in #29. Meanwhile he said it is as you said. Eeerrhh why was he even doing it so ominously in first place then.

Thespio
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:13 pm

In post 85, Skellen wrote:
In post 64, Elements wrote:i don't see why this is important in any way. the vote happened on the first page of the game after muh voted themselves to spite loopdan. i can't see how there could be any reason for loopdan to vote them other then something along the lines of "well screw you too"

I would agree with this if he wouldn't have implied there is more to it with the "Later" in #29. Meanwhile he said it is as you said. Eeerrhh why was he even doing it so ominously in first place then.

How do you read Elements and I?

Loopdan
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:52 pm

@Skellen - The tone wasn't intended to be ominous. It was just my way of making it seem like maybe I had an actual reason to scum-read you for your self-vote. Sometimes that leads to others jumping on the wagon, sometimes it leads to others screaming over and over that they demand an explanation of the unexplained vote, sometimes nothing really happens.

Loopdan
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:54 pm

EBWOP:
not "you for the self-vote"
should be "muh for the self-vote"

Loopdan
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:55 pm

IC POST: EBWOP means Edit By Way Of Post
Because we can't actually edit our posts on this forum (that would lead to some really manipulative stuff by scum).

Loopdan
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:57 pm

Someone needs to shake this game up.
We are still pretty much in RVS.

Loopdan
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:59 pm

In post 72, MissDeadbeat wrote:Helloooo everyonee

Hi MissDeadBeat. What is your experience with playing mafia?

Loopdan
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:01 pm

In post 70, Munchmellow wrote:
Loopdan wrote:
In post 57, Thespio wrote:I think this is a tvt fight

I agree.

Looks like TvT to me, too. Could also be SvT (not sure about Loopdan).

So this implies you are TRing Thespio. Can you explain why that is? Not saying I disagree, just curious about your thinking.
Last edited by Nauci on Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loopdan
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:01 pm

DAMNIT. Messed up the quote.

Loopdan
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:03 pm

@MOD can you fix that for me please? The line "Looks like TvT to me, too. Could also be SvT (not sure about Loopdan)." should be inside Munch's post 70.

Nauci
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:50 pm

In post 94, Loopdan wrote:@MOD can you fix that for me please? The line "Looks like TvT to me, too. Could also be SvT (not sure about Loopdan)." should be inside Munch's post 70.

I fixed it this time, but I prefer to avoid editing player posts (so... no future instances).

Skellen
Townie

Post Post #96  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:33 pm

Finally got some time to spare.

In post 86, Thespio wrote:How do you read Elements and I?

It's difficult to read Elements at the moment, at least for me, so I can't really see how you are leaning more towards town in his case. Comments here and there some things, but not enough to classify him on town/scum side. Normally I would think it's slightly scummy (I miss a little bit the initiative), however this early there isn't much juicy stuff to work with anyway.

As for you I am struggling with you a little bit. I found your role in the exchange between me and loopdan slightly interesting, since you were kind of "moderating" between us. It would be consistent with your opinion that two townies went against each other instead of the using the moment to team up against a side, which is a positive thing. Of course a scum-you would have known better and could as well used that moment to get in a postive standing with two active townies. By feeling I am rather leaning towards the former. I was a bit wary when you put all the active players on the town side while I wouldn't even find it possible to say much about the others, as you can see in my comment about Elements, so that only the inactives are left for scum. A bit a too certain statement for this early. Leaning slightly towards town, but here and there are some things that remind me to keep an eye on you.

Skellen
Townie

Post Post #97  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:36 pm

In post 87, Loopdan wrote:@Skellen - The tone wasn't intended to be ominous. It was just my way of making it seem like maybe I had an actual reason to scum-read you for your self-vote. Sometimes that leads to others jumping on the wagon, sometimes it leads to others screaming over and over that they demand an explanation of the unexplained vote, sometimes nothing really happens.

I see. So basically a bait. That's an answer that I actually like, it kind of fits into the impression that I have of you after our little conservation yesterday. Which is a good thing.

Skellen
Townie

Post Post #98  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:42 pm

Kind of wish there would have been more from the others.

Particularly munchmellow, I kind of liked that she sought the conversation with muh with elaborating about the double bussing idea.

PvtUrist's entry not so good on the other side as it was just commenting on "fillerish" posts from spio.

Loopdan
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:29 pm

@Skellen - Have you played mafia on other sites? You seem more experienced than a typical first time player here.

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to The Road to Rome