Dance of the Title Fairy: Accepting Applications

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #3894 (isolation #0) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:08 am

Post by AniX »

In post 3822, Psyche wrote:reputation was also a cut above a lot of the noms here (though still bad yes)

ok if anix likes it, it's a thing

i assume i dont have to pm him about it
You do not.

I consent to these proceedings.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #3895 (isolation #1) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:17 am

Post by AniX »

In post 3853, PJ. wrote:I feel like you guys are just railroading in another bad Alisae title to replace the current bad Alisae title. Both titles are following pretty similar paths: same people running up the nth count, both based on a joke Alisae is running into the ground and hasn't been funny lately so it's probably not gonna hold lasting value, and both are not "perfect titles but good enough".

I feel like in 6 months we're gonna be getting the same song and dance to get Alisae a 3rd title.

Also, I'm not a title historian but aren't sleepo, Shea, and I the only people in site history with 2 titles? I feel that club should be more exclusive than "let's give this guy a second title because the title that we railroaded 6 months ago sucks now"
I used to have Scully Stalker, but I had it removed a while back because I was no longer comfortable with the message (and I hsdn't used that gimmick in like close to a decade), so if the new one goes through that makes 2.
Last edited by AniX on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #5233 (isolation #2) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:00 pm

Post by AniX »

In post 5212, TheButtonmen wrote:
In post 5211, Mathdino wrote:Yeah except Anix wasn't titled for the things that made him annoying years ago
Or for the gimmicks that he constantly pushes
That's just literally factually incorrect? He was literally titled for that, hell he was title twice for it.
He's not wrong. The only reason I didn't get a title for any of my ACTUAL modern gimmicks is there is too many and they kind of cancel each other out because how do you pick one to prioritize. (though it didn't stop people from trying, sometimes trying so much they squeeze multiple ones into the same title). And really, me talking about how I invented uPick is one of my OLDEST gimmicks and me beetlejuicing is really just the uniting factor of me spreading my gimmicks to the world.

It should also be noted that me posting 11 essay-length threads over the course of one day (and crashing the entire site over it) got an entire Mafiascum holiday named after me, so we have certainly rewarded people with more for less annoying gimmicky things.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #5236 (isolation #3) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:05 pm

Post by AniX »

In post 5224, TheButtonmen wrote:People who have been around long enough to know this subforum exists are more likely to have been exposed to the discussion forums where us old fogeys tend to congregate thus more titles tend to come from certain areas like SE or General Discussion.

It would be awesome if we could somehow promote the titling process with the newer crowd but it's not exactly a terribly well advertised or even visible area of the site.
Considering I last played, I think, before Obama was President and the title is really more a reference to how I act about uPick/my naming being mentioned in GD rather than a commendation (however well deserved one might be) for my amazing contributions, I wouldn't really classify mine as a Mafia title.
TheButtonmen wrote:
In post 5233, AniX wrote:
In post 5212, TheButtonmen wrote:
In post 5211, Mathdino wrote:Yeah except Anix wasn't titled for the things that made him annoying years ago
Or for the gimmicks that he constantly pushes
That's just literally factually incorrect? He was literally titled for that, hell he was title twice for it.
He's not wrong. The only reason I didn't get a title for any of my ACTUAL modern gimmicks is there is too many and they kind of cancel each other out because how do you pick one to prioritize. (though it didn't stop people from trying, sometimes trying so much they squeeze multiple ones into the same title). And really, me talking about how I invented uPick is one of my OLDEST gimmicks and me beetlejuicing is really just the uniting factor of me spreading my gimmicks to the world.

It should also be noted that me posting 11 essay-length threads over the course of one day (and crashing the entire site over it) got an entire Mafiascum holiday named after me, so we have certainly rewarded people with more for less annoying gimmicky things.
I'm thinking you may actually be the most titled scummer I can think of between Mafia Scum, Scully, 11th Hour and UCalled.
I have never, to my knowledge, ever actually had Mr. 11th Hour as a title.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #5243 (isolation #4) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:07 pm

Post by AniX »

In post 5237, TheButtonmen wrote:I swear I remember seeing you get one for that whole gimmick.

This is what getting old is like I guess huh.
I wouldn't feel too bad, you were just the victim of my amazing PR campaign.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #5867 (isolation #5) » Tue May 08, 2018 11:24 am

Post by AniX »

I understand Psyche's position perfectly. Just because you were going to do something bad in the past but you forgot to do it after saying you would doesn't mean you are bloodbound by oath to do it now simply because you said you would in the past.

Scammer: "Hey I am a crown prince plz send money to get me out of jail"
Person: "Sure, I'll wire it tomorrow."
**they forget**
Scammer: "Hey, you said you'd wire me money a year ago!"
Person: "I've reflected on it and I've decided you need to show me proof you aren't a scammer."
Peanut gallery: "PSYCHE YOU ARE INDEFENSIBLE HERE. YOU ALREADY PROMISED. YOU MADE A MISTAKE AND ARE TRYING TO ABUSE YOUR POWER TO CONTROL WHO GETS MONEY FROM YOU!"
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #5872 (isolation #6) » Wed May 09, 2018 6:07 am

Post by AniX »

In post 5870, Haschel Cedricson wrote:
In post 5867, AniX wrote:I understand Psyche's position perfectly. Just because you were going to do something bad in the past but you forgot to do it after saying you would doesn't mean you are bloodbound by oath to do it now simply because you said you would in the past.

Scammer: "Hey I am a crown prince plz send money to get me out of jail"
Person: "Sure, I'll wire it tomorrow."
**they forget**
Scammer: "Hey, you said you'd wire me money a year ago!"
Person: "I've reflected on it and I've decided you need to show me proof you aren't a scammer."
Peanut gallery: "PSYCHE YOU ARE INDEFENSIBLE HERE. YOU ALREADY PROMISED. YOU MADE A MISTAKE AND ARE TRYING TO ABUSE YOUR POWER TO CONTROL WHO GETS MONEY FROM YOU!"
I don't particularly care for being compared to a scammer here.
You wouldn't be, since you weren't the one who brought up giving you a title. You'd be the money transfer service (Western Union, Paypal, Bitcoin Wallet, etc.).
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN

Return to “Player Titles”