Dance of the Title Fairy: Accepting Applications

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #5925 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 8:40 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

I think it is wonderful and love it a whole lot more than the last custom title I had!
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5926 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 8:48 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 5925, Haschel Cedricson wrote:I think it is wonderful and love it a whole lot more than the last custom title I had!
I think it looks great and is very fitting! :)

Congrats, friend!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #5927 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2018 1:03 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 5924, Psyche wrote:its pretty objectively bad!
You're objectively wrong and the community thinks so too.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #5928 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2018 1:13 am

Post by PJ. »

I'm the community. I agree with psyche
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5929 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2018 1:44 am

Post by vonflare »

I'm indifferent, which allows me to take the moral high ground and call this conflict stupid
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #5930 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2018 9:39 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 5929, vonflare wrote:I'm indifferent, which allows me to take the moral high ground and call this conflict stupid
theres a moral high ground in a topic that discusses little strings of text?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #5931 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2018 10:39 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 5930, Firebringer wrote:
In post 5929, vonflare wrote:I'm indifferent, which allows me to take the moral high ground and call this conflict stupid
yes, it's called not posting in the topic.

damn.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #5932 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2018 11:04 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 5931, Nahdia wrote:
yes, it's called not posting in the topic.

damn.
Hello Nahdia I feel I haven't seen your text words in several eternities okay goodbye nahdia
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5933 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2018 11:11 am

Post by vonflare »

Shwoop dunk willekers
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #5934 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2018 11:42 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

You must be new here
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #5935 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2018 5:50 pm

Post by Psyche »

So...

I've decided that I should start winding down as Title Fairy. It's really easy to stick to something, to double down on something only because you've already put so much into it and want some "closure" for the experience, but I've always tried to be the sort of person who constantly questions the what and why behind what he's doing and then takes those questions seriously. And looking at why I tried becoming Title Fairy, what my ambitions for this subforum and in general were before and are now, it seems clear that I'm now a different person who wants to spend his time and energy and personal investment on different things. Despite the personal growth this experience has prompted in me and the good (decent?) titles I've helped give along the way, I honestly feel ashamed of how much I put into this thing. I find I just don't
want
to be the kind of person who cares whether Mr. Know It All is a worthwhile title or not, but to a key extent, that's the Title Fairy's job. So instead of chugging on for a to-do list I no longer believe in, I'm moving on to cultivate a new one.

So now we're in a moment of transition. I'll handle this the same way Chevre did.
If you're interested in being the Title Fairy, send me a pm explaining why you think you'd fit the position and giving me an idea of how you'd handle it
. What am I looking for? Ideally, it's someone who's active, well-known, maybe even broadly liked across the community's various spheres. Someone skittles like Zor would trust. Someone who can manage 'hot' discussions and is not liable to start them. Someone who has a good grasp of and respect for this institution and its traditions but isn't quite a slave to them. Someone reasonably thoughtful and well-spoken. If you feel like you're qualified but that I might not treat your application fairly, I suggest giving it a try anyway; I try really hard all the time to be really open and objective.

I'll keep running this thread like normal until I pick someone and have it okayed by relevant higher-ups, and I'll be taking my time doing that. Please don't discuss your or anyone else's applications around this subforum (it'll be deleted and you'll get warned), and please limit that talk elsewhere, too (it certainly wouldn't help your chances). Let's keep each application mostly between you and me. Please PM me if you have any further questions about this process.
youtube playlist extracter | donbot | game scraper | vca | setupsim | strategist | llm
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #5936 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2018 7:16 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Mad respect, Psyche.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5937 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2018 12:53 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

I've got a lot of respect for you Psyche. I was pretty riled about the latest incident but that was a 1-off thing. I've never had an issue with you before and I usually love seeing the insight from your posts (and not just regarding titles, but on the forum as a whole). It's sad that the last issue pushed you towards stepping down, but if it's because you feel you're getting too emotionally invested with it then I get it. There's lots of other neat stuff you've done and will do for the sight that I'm sure we'll all still appreciate, and I hope the next Title Fairly is someone who sincerely cares about the site like you do. Thanks for everything you've done for MS!
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #5938 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2018 9:58 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

o7
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5939 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2018 12:49 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 5937, Alchemist21 wrote:I've got a lot of respect for you Psyche. I was pretty riled about the latest incident but that was a 1-off thing. I've never had an issue with you before and I usually love seeing the insight from your posts (and not just regarding titles, but on the forum as a whole). It's sad that the last issue pushed you towards stepping down, but if it's because you feel you're getting too emotionally invested with it then I get it. There's lots of other neat stuff you've done and will do for the sight that I'm sure we'll all still appreciate, and I hope the next Title Fairly is someone who sincerely cares about the site like you do. Thanks for everything you've done for MS!
He said send him a PM.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5940 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2018 1:26 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

I’m not applying to be the Title Fairy, Zito.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #5941 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2018 1:27 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Nor was he asking any further questions!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5942 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2018 2:01 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

In post 5937, Alchemist21 wrote:I've got a lot of respect for you Psyche. I was pretty riled about the latest incident but that was a 1-off thing. I've never had an issue with you before and I usually love seeing the insight from your posts (and not just regarding titles, but on the forum as a whole). It's sad that the last issue pushed you towards stepping down, but if it's because you feel you're getting too emotionally invested with it then I get it. There's lots of other neat stuff you've done and will do for the sight that I'm sure we'll all still appreciate, and I hope the next Title Fairly is someone who sincerely cares about the site like you do. Thanks for everything you've done for MS!
can i use this in my application?
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5943 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2018 7:28 am

Post by mallowgeno »

In post 5939, Papa Zito wrote:
He said send him a PM.
My soup is all over my keyboard dangit Zito lol
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #5944 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2018 8:32 am

Post by vonflare »

did you spit it out or knock it over? because those are two completely different reactionary levels
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #5945 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2018 9:09 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 5935, Psyche wrote:What am I looking for? Ideally, it's someone who's active, well-known, maybe even broadly liked across the community's various spheres. Someone skittles like Zor would trust. Someone who can manage 'hot' discussions and is not liable to start them. Someone who has a good grasp of and respect for this institution and its traditions but isn't quite a slave to them. Someone reasonably thoughtful and well-spoken.
Geez, Psyche. Why not have a "Mongols need not apply." sign up? :P
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #5946 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2018 9:59 am

Post by Psyche »

some things are better left implied

the next title fairy will understand
youtube playlist extracter | donbot | game scraper | vca | setupsim | strategist | llm
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5947 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2018 10:02 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

In post 5945, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 5935, Psyche wrote:What am I looking for? Ideally, it's someone who's active, well-known, maybe even broadly liked across the community's various spheres. Someone skittles like Zor would trust. Someone who can manage 'hot' discussions and is not liable to start them. Someone who has a good grasp of and respect for this institution and its traditions but isn't quite a slave to them. Someone reasonably thoughtful and well-spoken.
Geez, Psyche. Why not have a "Mongols need not apply." sign up? :P
If you are using "Mongols" as a derogatory slur, that's against the forum rules.

If you are referring to the people of the Mongol Empire, remember that that includes Kublai Khan. Was that what you intended?
"one of these days i'll read you correctly" - Transcend, Micro 714
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5948 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2018 10:08 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

curious how the next title fairy would respond to the above post
To be clear: quack
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #5949 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2018 10:16 am

Post by Nahdia »

oh goodness gracious.

-Zaphkael, 2020

Return to “Player Titles”