Dance of the Title Fairy: ORCA's Greatest Hits

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #951 (isolation #0) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:13 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 950, zoraster wrote:
2nd hitogoroshi's title
Wait, what?
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1203 (isolation #1) » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:31 pm

Post by Tierce »

Different eras, different standards. The earlier titles are not comparable because policies and perception have changed since; that is a non-argument.

Om, if I may speak frankly, yes, there were others who nominated you first, but the way you are
actively campaigning
for this is a bit off-putting. I understand that you would like a title and that you believe this is something remarkable and which sets you apart from others--but when looking closer, you are asking for a title that:
  1. rewards a behavior that we would rather not encourage (spamming in games);
  2. remarks on you catching spam bots. Yes, it helps keep the site clean from recent spam posts, but it would hardly be a noticeable action without those lists--and the lists themselves did not really serve a useful purpose; you say that they got chamber to "do something", yet in truth there was no actual benefit in him doing anything, as the accounts were long abandoned and it was unlikely someone would stumble upon them.
No one is arguing that you will stop bringing up spambots after this. But it is really starting to look like you're in it for the brownie points, however good your initial intentions may be. Spotting spambots and letting the mods know is not something that sets you apart from the community and makes people go "yep, that's Om of the Nom and no one else does the same".

The Title Fairy Policy is a policy, not rules set in stone, but try not to force it. It's the kind of thing that is going to be associated with bad memories if you hammer on it repeatedly. There are members who have been around for years without a title, and they are no less well-regarded by the community for it. You don't need to fight for your title.

In post 1171, singersigner wrote:or even Tierce getting one before the "eligible" date because of the caching she did for the site
For the record, I brought my sign-up date to Oman's attention. I will openly admit that I was touched by Faraday/Vi's nomination and the overwhelming support it received, and it was nice seeing that people saw my work as a distinguishing feature, but I did not consider a title something I "deserved" for my efforts, as I was not out for a public reward from the get-go (restoring all that information was the sole "reward" I was aiming for, mostly because I obsess over lost knowledge/data). I really don't want people to think that I get special treatment or that I think I deserve it.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1204 (isolation #2) » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:48 pm

Post by Tierce »

In other news, I am tempted to suggest something with a Horde/Hoard pun for KK to replace Khan Man. As scum, he is a good strategist for the team, and that Best Serial Killer Scummy he's sporting is from zoraster's pets uPick, where his role was an animal hoarder. It's also a (not so) subtle reference to the Mongol Empire's dimensions. "
Lord of the Golden Hoard
", perhaps?

Return to “Player Titles”