The Title Fairy Dances with the Stars-lolz

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1234 (isolation #0) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:43 am

Post by Sarcastro »

I nominate Shanba for "Is So Win".

Because Shanba is so win.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1276 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:36 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Personally, I think "The Interrogator" is too generic and boring a name, and isn't really appropriate based on just one game.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1282 (isolation #2) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:02 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote:I agree with Sarcastro. Interrogation is a big part of what this game/site is about...
Yes, but vollkan does it with more clarity and gusto than 99% of the players out there, and he's consistent with it.

Hence, in a forum on interrogators, he's "The Interrogator".
That doesn't change the fact that it's a boring name.

Also, how the hell do you not have a title yet? Pie too.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1292 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:48 am

Post by Sarcastro »

"Always Overeager"?
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1359 (isolation #4) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:58 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Thestatusquo wrote:
Thok wrote:
Thestatusquo wrote:This is the same thing that changed maxes "Mish Mash Whore" into "Mish Mash Munchkin" which made NO sense at all, wasn't funny, and was just a severely watered down version of the first one. It pisses me off.
Um, there were reasons other than the swear word for me suggesting that change. (Munchkin gives extra alliteration and also has a double meaning involving both max's age and the concept of Munchkin in the context of RPG's.)
Um...You didn't touch my logic at all in the rest of my post, in addition to trying to pretend that the language had nothing to do with it, even though it did. Just because there are other, weak rationalizations behind something doesn't mean that the primary justification wasn't the language. The primary issues raised against it had to do with it being too strong for a title. Thirdly, it's just a way worse title.
Seriously? Because "Mish Mash Munchkin" is a way better title. In fact, I'd say it's one of the cleverest titles on the site, given that it combines the two things I associate with Max (in a meaningful way) and sounds good to boot.

Other than that, I'm really apathetic about this whole thing.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1393 (isolation #5) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:07 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

It's "somebody set up us the bomb", you philistine.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1462 (isolation #6) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:44 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Thok wrote:Titles based solely on a user name are very rare to be accepted. (There are exceptions, but I don't think this is a good exception.)
Says the guy who
nominated
me for mine.

Interestingly, the only three people I can think of with titles based on their names are me, Yaw and Stewie (although Stewie is apparently getting rid of his). All three of us are Canadian. Coincidence? I think
so
!

Edit: It seems Stewie's has already been removed.

Maybe Yaw and I should start a club.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1470 (isolation #7) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:49 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

jeep wrote:Yeah, The Shadow and xyzzy were my fault, but it's impossible to read their usernames without thinking the title... right?
I had to look up "xyzzy" to understand it. I'm clearly not nerdy enough. :?

I did understand The Shadow's, though. :P
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1515 (isolation #8) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:23 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Tarhalindur wrote:
Nominate ABR for "Illogical Rampage"

Not only is it a humorous takeoff on an existing title (IIRC), but it fits the name and ABR's playstyle perfectly. (Not like I can talk there...)
Seconded
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1531 (isolation #9) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:25 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Munchkin is way more appropriate.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1540 (isolation #10) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:56 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Munchkin is way more perfect. I don't know if he still does it, but he used to always suggest ways to make games weirder and more elaborate. That seems like munchkin behaviour to me.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1572 (isolation #11) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:30 am

Post by Sarcastro »

I'd just say "
Agreed With
".
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1604 (isolation #12) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:19 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Is there a way to phrase it without repeating Korlash's name? I'm not a fan of the redundancy.

Also, I wish Vollkan were name "The Interrocroc" instead. That would be way more awesome.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1606 (isolation #13) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:41 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

There are no alligators in Australia.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #2036 (isolation #14) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:30 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Thok wrote:If prefer "Title is my antidrug" for N-L, but that's a minor quibble (and many of the non-U.S. residents might not get it.)
I'd prefer he didn't get a title as long as he's begging for one, especially one that doesn't really seem relevant.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #2037 (isolation #15) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:33 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Nominate hasdgfas for "Not Gay Anymore"
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #2053 (isolation #16) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:15 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

hasdgfas wrote:
Sarcastro wrote:
Nominate hasdgfas for "Not Gay Anymore"
NO WAY
Why not? It's a tribute to the fact that, despite finding yourself attracted to men, you perservere on a daily basis in order to turn away from such an unnatural, sinful lifestyle, prefering to remain heterosexual, as God clearly intended when he made you attracted to men.

If you'd prefer, "
Not Bi Anymore
" would also work, if you feel it's more accurate. I also think "
Fight the Gay!
" has a nice ring to it.
Last edited by Sarcastro on Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #2055 (isolation #17) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:20 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

What? Unlike every other title that's been suggested for him, mine actually have something to do with what he's said and done on this site.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #2056 (isolation #18) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

By the way, was "
Holy Cow
" rejected as being too obvious or something? Because at least it doesn't sound extremely dumb.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #2061 (isolation #19) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:15 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

JDodge wrote:
Sarcastro wrote:What? Unlike every other title that's been suggested for him, mine actually have something to do with what he's said and done on this site.
No, you're being an ass by going
out of your way
to belittle someone's beliefs in a rather (in my opinion, which should
really
tell you something) immature way.
I wasn't belittling his beliefs, I was making fun of one of his statements. As far as I can tell, nothing I said actually conflicts with his beliefs. Well, except the bit about holy cows. I suppose he's not a big fan of Hinduism.

And you guys should stop belittling my suggestions. You may not agree with them, but that doesn't give you the right to make fun of them. After all, this is my
religion
we're ta- I mean my
suggestions
we're talking about. You have to respect other peoples' suggestions, no matter how crazy they may sound to you.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #2063 (isolation #20) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:58 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Yes, Oman, it was comedy at someone else's expense (yeah, okay, I guess it apparently wasn't funny to most of you, but it was to me). And the whole point of my post was to point out how hypocritical it is that when I criticise and make fun of hasdgfas, everyone is quick to criticise me in defending his supposed right to not have "his religion belittled".

I made my first post as a joke. Besides hasdgfas, only IH seemed to have a problem with it. Quite frankly, though, I got a little bit pissed at hasdgfas's response, so I decided to push it. And then you guys got preachy on a subject I feel strongly about: "No, you can't make a joke about his
religion
, that's just
wrong
", so I decided to point out how hypocritical you were being.

And now I'm writing this, because I realise that this has turned into something I didn't want it to be, and I don't want people thinking I was just trying to troll hasdgfas or something. As I said, I made a joke and then tried to prove a point in an admittedly less-than-stellar fashion (and probably in the wrong place).

So we can go back to proposing random cow-related titles for hasdgfas now.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #2065 (isolation #21) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:14 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Actually, to be honest, I sort of have a problem with what's going on right now. I don't really like this practice of lots of people just trying to think up a title for someone, as if there has been some arbitrary decision that it's time for someone to get a title. A nomination shouldn't be made for its own sake but for the sake of the title that is being nominated: that is, it should be a good one already - people shouldn't have to brainstorm more once it's in the title thread. Now, in some cases modification is obviously understandable, if people are trying to think of the best way to phrase something (an event or such) that is obviously title-worthy, but this frequently is not the case.

I suppose you could make the case that that's what's happening with hasdgfas, since all the titles are based largely on the same subject - cows. But to be honest, that subject does not seem inherently title-worthy to me. If someone had a good idea for a title involving cows, I wouldn't have a problem with it. I do have a problem with the attitude of "I think hasdgfas should have a title and I think it should be related to cows, but I can't think of a good one, so let's just shout out random ideas until we get a decent one". That is not generally a recipe for truly great titles, nor is it really in the spirit of the thread. I mean, if you want to just go from player to player inventing titles, that's fine, but if we're going to do that, we could at least start with older players who still don't have titles. Not only do they deserve them more (no offense to hasdgfas and other newer players), but they're also a lot more likely to have truely memorable moments and characteristics that would better lend themselves to titles.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #2080 (isolation #22) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:40 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Dammit, Nemesis! You too, Shanba. This has already been resolved - I explained my actions and desisted, so why are we still talking about it here? Go somewhere else.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #2105 (isolation #23) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of it either, but whatever.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #2317 (isolation #24) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:50 am

Post by Sarcastro »

How is mine mafia-related?

Return to “Player Titles”