Title Fairy: Killer App Edition (Swipe Right!)

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
 
User avatar
Joined: June 29, 2015
Location: woofbringer
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3425  (ISO)  » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:17 pm

yeah i don't think the title is phrased right, even if its a fitting title.
What would growlithe do? Be nice so he gets a treat!
My style can best be described as tone reading combined with shit posting.
Be nice to your scum reads, you never know when you are wrong.

Firebringer
Trail Blazer
 
User avatar
Joined: June 29, 2015
Location: woofbringer
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3426  (ISO)  » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:18 pm

like i don't think a random user will get it.
What would growlithe do? Be nice so he gets a treat!
My style can best be described as tone reading combined with shit posting.
Be nice to your scum reads, you never know when you are wrong.

TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 03, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3427  (ISO)  » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:20 pm

Have I suggested for Ari "The Yes Man"?
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.

McMenno
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: February 18, 2015
Location: In spaaaace
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3428  (ISO)  » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:21 pm

In post 3426, Firebringer wrote:like i don't think a random user will get it.

has this ever mattered

KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: December 10, 2015
Location: King Kuroi
Pronoun: It

Post Post #3429  (ISO)  » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:21 pm

In post 3424, Killthestory wrote:concept is ok but title is bad

Kind of like this post's title?
Considering this post, Chevre has done mostly a swiping to the left direction.
"and now i am TURNED ON AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!" - KainTepes

I'm regularly V/LA on the weekends. If this is the weekend and I've not said otherwise, please assume I'm on V/LA.

Firebringer
Trail Blazer
 
User avatar
Joined: June 29, 2015
Location: woofbringer
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3430  (ISO)  » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:22 pm

In post 3428, McMenno wrote:
In post 3426, Firebringer wrote:like i don't think a random user will get it.

has this ever mattered

no, but the wording does. and actively affirmative is very clunky sounding.
What would growlithe do? Be nice so he gets a treat!
My style can best be described as tone reading combined with shit posting.
Be nice to your scum reads, you never know when you are wrong.

-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 26, 2016
Location: Xanth

Post Post #3431  (ISO)  » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:22 pm

In post 3426, Firebringer wrote:like i don't think a random user will get it.

True.

We should all endeavor to have a title with the clarity of 'bagel'.
It was once intimated to me that questioning one's own sanity is, in itself, a sign of sanity. However, screaming that question in a crowded elevator bears the inquiry little credibility.
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour

TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 03, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3432  (ISO)  » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:23 pm

In post 3431, -Grey- wrote:
In post 3426, Firebringer wrote:like i don't think a random user will get it.

True.

We should all endeavor to have a title with the clarity of 'bagel'.

What's a bagel?
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.

Firebringer
Trail Blazer
 
User avatar
Joined: June 29, 2015
Location: woofbringer
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3433  (ISO)  » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:23 pm

In post 3431, -Grey- wrote:
In post 3426, Firebringer wrote:like i don't think a random user will get it.

True.

We should all endeavor to have a title with the clarity of 'bagel'.

Touche
What would growlithe do? Be nice so he gets a treat!
My style can best be described as tone reading combined with shit posting.
Be nice to your scum reads, you never know when you are wrong.

Pine
In Your Head
 
User avatar
Joined: February 27, 2011
Location: Probably the scum PT.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3434  (ISO)  » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:05 am

Nominate Firebringer for Blazing Trails or Trail Blazer

Blazing is a dual reference to his extremely consistent Growlithe avatar and a coy reference to the fact that, every time I talk to him, he seems to be stoned, making Bob Marley refs, or about to light up. It isn't so blatant as to be uncouth, though. People who chat him up a bit should get the joke.

The remainder of the title, however, is a reference to his innovation as a mod. I have somewhat recently come back to the site after a bit of an absence, but it seems to me that Firebringer is perhaps the most dynamic and innovative voices within the modding community, not to mention prolific. I tried to do a dive through his modded games to pick out the most creative and inventive, but there were too many for easy recounting. Suffice to say that he has clearly been pushing the boundaries of what Mafia can be, both in modding and in discussion, and I would like to see more people follow the trails he is blazing.

*inhale* Puff, puff, pass.

Accountant
Self-Evident
 
User avatar
Joined: May 16, 2015
Location: Wonderland
Pronoun: They

Post Post #3435  (ISO)  » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:16 am

nth Trail Blazer
If you walk down the path that you believe is right, you cannot be wrong.

Get To Know An Accountant!

Aristophanes
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: December 30, 2014
Location: Mount Olympus
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3436  (ISO)  » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:24 am

I like Blazing trails better, but I'd Nth either. He is in fact quite innovative, and sure, many mods try new things. I could name a bunch. But he does seem to do it with greater frequency and with positive results.

Nice one Pine!
"Aristo, you're way too cheerful, it's like trying to talk to my evil twin" -- Kuribo
"He is not the shitposter we need, but the shitposter we deserve" -- Not_Mafia
"You Grandiloquent Bastard!" -- Mike, the Auto Mechanic

Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
 
User avatar
Joined: September 01, 2003

Post Post #3437  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 am

titles are for squares
to be honest, I lied alternative facted a little

Gay Mafia III: Trumpocalypse Now currently in signups

Pine
In Your Head
 
User avatar
Joined: February 27, 2011
Location: Probably the scum PT.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3438  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:01 am

moar Nths 4 Fire

Frozen Angel
Queen Shifty
 
User avatar
Joined: October 26, 2015
Location: Paris
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3439  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:02 am

I don't like this title sorry
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self


if you want to have a wiki page or update it check this page out.

Pine
In Your Head
 
User avatar
Joined: February 27, 2011
Location: Probably the scum PT.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3440  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:06 am

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Frozen Angel
Queen Shifty
 
User avatar
Joined: October 26, 2015
Location: Paris
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3441  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:10 am

I like you too btw <3

and I certainly like FB!

<3 <3 <3
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self


if you want to have a wiki page or update it check this page out.

Pine
In Your Head
 
User avatar
Joined: February 27, 2011
Location: Probably the scum PT.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3442  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:11 am

Lies and balderdash.

Frozen Angel have we ever played a game together? I hear good things about you.

Frozen Angel
Queen Shifty
 
User avatar
Joined: October 26, 2015
Location: Paris
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3443  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:11 am

I'm not sure

-

:oops:

good things?
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self


if you want to have a wiki page or update it check this page out.

Frozen Angel
Queen Shifty
 
User avatar
Joined: October 26, 2015
Location: Paris
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3444  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:13 am

no I don't think we ever played together
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self


if you want to have a wiki page or update it check this page out.

BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 08, 2016
Pronoun: They

Post Post #3445  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:34 pm

I nominate Frozen Angel for "Queen Shifty".

This post was the one that first got me thinking about the title (although it has been a feature of FA in all games she mods):

In post 502, Frozen Angel wrote:I am the queen shifty ... >.>

why should I stop being shifty ...


Everyone who plays in an FA game will understand this title, so while it doesn't fully encapsulate all of FA's personality, it still does enough for a title in my opinion.
"I just had deja vu about this game. And I feel like BTD6 is going to carry it." - shamu, Open 659

Open 676 (Jungle Republic) is in signups! 11/12 so far.

McMenno
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: February 18, 2015
Location: In spaaaace
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3446  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:53 pm

I'll pass

Psyche
mr. personality
 
User avatar
Joined: April 28, 2011
Location: the land of self-reinvention
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3447  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:03 pm

ima need more evidence in order to not drag it
Nothing is more or less satisfying than reading this string of text.

Aristophanes
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: December 30, 2014
Location: Mount Olympus
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3448  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:56 pm

Psyche wrote:ima need more evidence in order to not drag it
In post 2833, Aristophanes wrote:Also, I'd like to Renominate Frozen Angel for Pagetop for :shifty:

She is known for her attempts to claim pagetops with this emoticon, and will go to major lengths to do so. Iirc she once edited someone else's post to include a VC in it because they stole the Pagetop from her purposely.

It goes beyond this however. She is a very emotional, yet calculated player. It shows her calculated attempts at the game in her meticulous pagetop attempts, and her emotional side in both using an emoticon to do so, and in the emoticon used.

I believe it to be very fitting! :)
2nd Queen Shifty
"Aristo, you're way too cheerful, it's like trying to talk to my evil twin" -- Kuribo
"He is not the shitposter we need, but the shitposter we deserve" -- Not_Mafia
"You Grandiloquent Bastard!" -- Mike, the Auto Mechanic

BipolarChemist
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 20, 2014
Location: London, Canada
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3449  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:56 pm

In post 3434, Pine wrote:Nominate Firebringer for Blazing Trails or Trail Blazer

either of these are fantastic and I nth them both!

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Player Titles