Oman's Title Policy

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
 
User avatar
Joined: June 20, 2007
Pronoun: He

Post Post #0  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:50 am

It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts

mole
die suck die
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2002
Location: sydney

Post Post #1  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:05 am

Aww...

There goes my nomination of "mithleading" for our leader mith. :(

Max
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 11, 2006

Post Post #2  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:11 am

There goes my nomination of "mithleading" for our leader mith. :(


Can I say I actually like that as an idea for a title.

sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 05, 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:57 am

I don't agree with username puns being inherently bad. Many of them may be lame but you can't just ban them outright.

Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
 
User avatar
Joined: June 20, 2007
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:23 am

sirdanilot wrote:I don't agree with username puns being inherently bad. Many of them may be lame but you can't just ban them outright.


One of the cool things about Public asking for expressions of opinion on matters such as this is that when you're told you "can't" do something you've already done, it's very easy to say "you had your chance, mate."

You disagree, I get it, don't say I cannot ban them outright. I gave plenty of time for discussion and you didn't show up there, where it could have changed things. So I made my decision. Forcing a funny situation into a lame username reference is no longer acceptable. I promise, next time policy is reviewed, if you get involved, you might prevent this kind of embarrassment.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts

Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
 
User avatar
Joined: September 06, 2007
Pronoun: He

Post Post #5  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:54 pm

I disagree with rule 3. Totally. I alsogave my opinion. Some username punned titles are good and I think you are banning them mainly because its your personal opinion and not because they are necasserily bad. If you do not change this rule I refuse to let you call me Prozac again ;)

Thestatusquo
Shea
 
User avatar
Joined: July 28, 2006

Post Post #6  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:29 pm

I agree with all of omans rules.

They should be in the first post.
Errantparabola (02:40)
alright hippy i will kill you and wear your skin

animorpherv1
Honey Trap
 
User avatar
Joined: April 12, 2008
Location: Pride Rock
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:00 pm

Porochaz wrote:I disagree with rule 3. Totally. I alsogave my opinion. Some username punned titles are good and I think you are banning them mainly because its your personal opinion and not because they are necasserily bad. If you do not change this rule I refuse to let you call me Prozac again ;)


This goes for me as well. Full username.

(Wait, Poro and I agreed on something .... :shock: )

Mr. Flay
Metatron
 
User avatar
Joined: March 12, 2004
Location: Gormenghast
Pronoun: He

Post Post #8  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:25 pm

Oman wrote:One of the cool things about Public asking for expressions of opinion on matters such as this is that when you're told you "can't" do something you've already done, it's very easy to say "you had your chance, mate."
Abuse of Power. No, seriously.

shaft.ed wrote:8. Titles should be given for whatever they want to be. Titles just happen. If it works it works.

Mr. Flay wrote:8. ...Name-based or avatar-based titles have to be exceptionally clever to make me approve of them.

yawetag wrote:8. Anything. Period.

TSQ wrote:8. Anything that is a relevent part of the posters personality.

Don't even ****ing ACT like people didn't voice their opinions; you're just deciding this by fiat, and a blanket statement at that. A simple "usually" would fix your rule with minimum fuss.
Retired as of October 2014.

animorpherv1
Honey Trap
 
User avatar
Joined: April 12, 2008
Location: Pride Rock
Pronoun: He

Post Post #9  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:36 pm

Mr. Flay wrote:
Oman wrote:One of the cool things about Public asking for expressions of opinion on matters such as this is that when you're told you "can't" do something you've already done, it's very easy to say "you had your chance, mate."
Abuse of Power. No, seriously.

shaft.ed wrote:8. Titles should be given for whatever they want to be. Titles just happen. If it works it works.

Mr. Flay wrote:8. ...Name-based or avatar-based titles have to be exceptionally clever to make me approve of them.

yawetag wrote:8. Anything. Period.

TSQ wrote:8. Anything that is a relevent part of the posters personality.

Don't even ****ing ACT like people didn't voice their opinions; you're just deciding this by fiat, and a blanket statement at that. A simple "usually" would fix your rule with minimum fuss.


animorpherv1 wrote: 8. Anything that makes a Player stand out.

Cobalt
trollface.jpg
 
User avatar
Joined: July 05, 2009
Location: PA PA PINGAS
Pronoun: He

Post Post #10  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:26 pm

DOWN WITH OMAN
hatersgonnahate.gif

Anon
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 26, 2009

Post Post #11  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:28 pm

Nominate Oman for abuse of power.
Stats: W/L/D
Town: 7/3/0
Mafia: 4/2/0
Other: 0/2/0

Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
 
User avatar
Joined: June 20, 2007
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:32 pm

Flay, I was talking more about sirdanilot himself.

However, I am happy to allow an exceptional username based title, the reason I didn't say "username based titles are cool if they're really good" is because then everyone says "Well mine is exceptional, so I'll suggest that." If I can't qualify the "goodness" required to make an avatar based title, then I'm not going to open that door in policy.

Secondly, the policy I originally wrote just mentioned username titles not all that good, and mith suggested to me that it be emphasised. I made the decision to cast a blanket statement over all username+avatar titles, because I have no idea where to draw that line.

The term "usually" or "exceptional" don't qualify it enough to stop people from trying to cram nearly every title into a pun. I'm all ears on how to solve that. Unless you can help me out with a good qualifier, it stays.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts

animorpherv1
Honey Trap
 
User avatar
Joined: April 12, 2008
Location: Pride Rock
Pronoun: He

Post Post #13  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:34 pm

Oman wrote:Flay, I was talking more about sirdanilot himself.

However, I am happy to allow an exceptional username based title, the reason I didn't say "username based titles are cool if they're really good" is because then everyone says "Well mine is exceptional, so I'll suggest that." If I can't qualify the "goodness" required to make an avatar based title, then I'm not going to open that door in policy.

Secondly, the policy I originally wrote just mentioned username titles not all that good, and mith suggested to me that it be emphasised. I made the decision to cast a blanket statement over all username+avatar titles, because I have no idea where to draw that line.

The term "usually" or "exceptional" don't qualify it enough to stop people from trying to cram nearly every title into a pun. I'm all ears on how to solve that. Unless you can help me out with a good qualifier, it stays.


Then give an example of a good one, and put it in the first post. If people think there idea for a username pun is better, then they will post it.

Anon
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 26, 2009

Post Post #14  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:34 pm

Nominate Oman for Oh man.

Okay I should stop now.

Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
 
User avatar
Joined: June 20, 2007
Pronoun: He

Post Post #15  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:44 pm

Ani, titles aren't funny by their own virtue though. They're funny by the stories and personality linked to it. If I say "this is a funny title" it doesn't work for people who weren't around during that time, titles are a very interesting thing in that the words themselves aren't all that "lol".

To people new to titles, placing a title for a person they've only met in passing will not clear it up for them.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts

animorpherv1
Honey Trap
 
User avatar
Joined: April 12, 2008
Location: Pride Rock
Pronoun: He

Post Post #16  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:46 pm

I guess I understand. I wasn't around when the Prozac thing started. Heck, I've barley even heard of Prozac.

Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
 
User avatar
Joined: June 20, 2007
Pronoun: He

Post Post #17  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:55 pm

Yes, so while I'm happy you're helping, and giving input, it's just not the answer we need.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts

Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2004
Pronoun: He

Post Post #18  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:04 pm

Thestatusquo wrote:I agree with all of omans rules.

They should be in the first post.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough

Primate
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 25, 2006
Location: Notts, UK.

Post Post #19  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:21 pm

animorpherv1 wrote:
Oman wrote:Flay, I was talking more about sirdanilot himself.

However, I am happy to allow an exceptional username based title, the reason I didn't say "username based titles are cool if they're really good" is because then everyone says "Well mine is exceptional, so I'll suggest that." If I can't qualify the "goodness" required to make an avatar based title, then I'm not going to open that door in policy.

Secondly, the policy I originally wrote just mentioned username titles not all that good, and mith suggested to me that it be emphasised. I made the decision to cast a blanket statement over all username+avatar titles, because I have no idea where to draw that line.

The term "usually" or "exceptional" don't qualify it enough to stop people from trying to cram nearly every title into a pun. I'm all ears on how to solve that. Unless you can help me out with a good qualifier, it stays.


Then give an example of a good one, and put it in the first post. If people think there idea for a username pun is better, then they will post it.
"Mafia Scurn"

Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
 
User avatar
Joined: June 20, 2007
Pronoun: He

Post Post #20  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:30 pm

See, knowing the story, I find that hilarious. I bet there are several people that don't find that all that funny.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts

Cybele
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: June 12, 2008

Post Post #21  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:34 pm

Yeah, you really need to know the context of it. Which would be a reason to include it in the example.
Winner of Biggest Risk Award - SURVIVOR: EON

Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
 
User avatar
Joined: June 20, 2007
Pronoun: He

Post Post #22  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:46 pm

Regardless, I don't find a subjective example as a good enough measure. I suppose it's mostly covered under "reserves the right to deny any title" rule, but I wanted to be clear that I don't find them particularly clever and (as Flay put it) it would have to be exceptional.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts

Ythan
Welcome to the Haystack
 
User avatar
Joined: August 12, 2009
Pronoun: He

Post Post #23  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:48 pm

An example isn't necessary. Just try and if he says no he says no.
Get to know an Ythan.

Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
 
User avatar
Joined: July 02, 2008
Pronoun: It

Post Post #24  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:42 pm

Anon wrote:Nominate Oman for Oh man.

Okay I should stop now.


I was gonna do that...

Nominate Anon for "A nun"
I'd like to start a mafiascum pool league on pogo. See this thread for details:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=70195

If you are interested, please post in the thread. Won't start the league unless I see interest.

Next
[ + ]

Return to Player Titles