Yet Another Dance of the Title Fairy: Change Up

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Who
Yes?
 
User avatar
Joined: March 22, 2013
Location: Third Base
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2698  (isolation #0)  » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:03 pm

In post 2695, Mina wrote:And it's actually funny, unlike milquetoast stuff like "Safe Behind His Walls."

Fourth "The Second Coming" for Mastin2
Who said that?
Chamber. It's all a conspiracy.
Or is it?
1

Who
Yes?
 
User avatar
Joined: March 22, 2013
Location: Third Base
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2778  (isolation #1)  » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:27 am

I notice that we're nominating people for bad behavior.

Nominate Who for "Nominate Who" on the basis that he blatantly and shamelessly violates rule 3 of this thread and nominates himself for titles. And for making a nomination which is a joke. Such bad behavior must be recognized with a title.

Being more serious, I agree that regardless of whether or not it's rewarding bad behavior, the title "lurkerscum" is incredibly lame.

Nominate mafiassk for "Has been prodded"
Someone suggested it somewhere without actually nominating him for it, I think that this would be a much better alternative to just "lurkerscum".
Who said that?
Chamber. It's all a conspiracy.
Or is it?
1

Who
Yes?
 
User avatar
Joined: March 22, 2013
Location: Third Base
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2831  (isolation #2)  » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:42 pm

Nominate everyone on Mafiascum for "I'm right and you're wrong." or something similar. I propose that this, or something similar, replaces the default "Mafia Scum" title, or possibly that it be given after more posts than are required for "Mafia Scum".
This site has a tendency to attract argumentative people, and also a tendency to only keep argumentative people. Giving a title to anyone for it would be like giving them a title for playing mafia, if anything it would be the people who don't argue who need a title.
Who said that?
Chamber. It's all a conspiracy.
Or is it?
1

Who
Yes?
 
User avatar
Joined: March 22, 2013
Location: Third Base
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2927  (isolation #3)  » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:24 pm

In post 2918, Kazekirimaru wrote:Nominate Kcdaspot for Mafia Scum

nth

Mina wrote:The most hilarious mangled mollie title I can come up with is rat thing. ... (I would find it funny if I was titled that)

Nominate Mina for rat thing

Being more serious though, wouldn't "pirate thing" be better? Or, "thingifying" rather than objectifying. Or possibly "thingification".
Who said that?
Chamber. It's all a conspiracy.
Or is it?
1

Who
Yes?
 
User avatar
Joined: March 22, 2013
Location: Third Base
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3077  (isolation #4)  » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:32 pm

Assuming it's for who I think it's for, nth the one with the link.
Who said that?
Chamber. It's all a conspiracy.
Or is it?
1

Who
Yes?
 
User avatar
Joined: March 22, 2013
Location: Third Base
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3220  (isolation #5)  » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:46 pm

In post 3219, Psyche wrote:well i find tomatoes quite mediocre

I agree. I seriously dislike tomatoes.
Who said that?
Chamber. It's all a conspiracy.
Or is it?
1

Who
Yes?
 
User avatar
Joined: March 22, 2013
Location: Third Base
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3224  (isolation #6)  » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:22 pm

In post 3222, TheButtonmen wrote:Sadly people don't generally tend to notice when I abuse of power their titles. :(

Takes a lot of fun out of it.

Not even the person whose title you abuse?
Who said that?
Chamber. It's all a conspiracy.
Or is it?
1

Who
Yes?
 
User avatar
Joined: March 22, 2013
Location: Third Base
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3351  (isolation #7)  » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:44 pm

What did Metal Sonic do which started this?
In post 3347, zoraster wrote:Nominate FakeGod for Wet Blanket

2nd
Who said that?
Chamber. It's all a conspiracy.
Or is it?
1

Who
Yes?
 
User avatar
Joined: March 22, 2013
Location: Third Base
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3354  (isolation #8)  » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:55 pm

He gets a title just because he asked for one? That's screwed up. I don't care if it's what he wants or not, he shouldn't get a title just because he asks for one.

Can I have a title?
Who said that?
Chamber. It's all a conspiracy.
Or is it?
1

Who
Yes?
 
User avatar
Joined: March 22, 2013
Location: Third Base
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3357  (isolation #9)  » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:22 am

In post 3356, Prof Fridays wrote:
In post 3344, FakeGod wrote:MS made an innocuous request.

There's no need to troll him.

It depends to what extent you mean "innocuous." Having titles dictated by the masses makes things less egocentric, and the titles convey more meaning and preserve memories that more people can enjoy than the owner. Naming myself "Chief Justice of the Walrus Court" or some such nonsense might be cool to me, but it does nothing but fluff my ego, really, and the rest of the community can't really enjoy it (and, at the end of the day, nor can I, because my title bears less meaning and lacks the quality of recalling fond memories with fellow players). Creating titles in this way (the way it generally is, it seems) allows things to be more down-to-earth. You can give someone a title based off of some blunder they had in a game and each party can have a good laugh at his expense. It becomes more humble at that point.

But he didn't know how titles were decided before he made the request, it was an innocent mistake. Of course, there's every reason to troll someone over an innocent mistake, particularly over one made because of ignorance.
Nominate Metal Sonic for Goon
Because he didn't know how titles were given out and thus must be branded a newbie forever.
Who said that?
Chamber. It's all a conspiracy.
Or is it?
1

Who
Yes?
 
User avatar
Joined: March 22, 2013
Location: Third Base
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3375  (isolation #10)  » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:46 pm

In post 3373, Marquis wrote:
In post 3370, GuyInFreezer wrote:Some forums lets you change your user title as you wish and I think he was asking for some type of those.


Yeah he's from PO which you change on your own and he assumed you had to make a request to change them here

This whole situation aside I feel like Nominate Metal Sonic for Townsperson is the best way to go not just because of how long he's been here without knowing how it works but also just because of how he's perceived on the site in general

2nd
Who said that?
Chamber. It's all a conspiracy.
Or is it?
1

Who
Yes?
 
User avatar
Joined: March 22, 2013
Location: Third Base
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3388  (isolation #11)  » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:25 pm

In post 3385, Faraday wrote:I mean, it's a generic title haha but that's not a very funny joke here, "Not the blue blue" or the orange titles are funnier.

MS asked for a title. We can either give him a less generic title or a more generic title? What should happen?
Hint: More generic.
Who said that?
Chamber. It's all a conspiracy.
Or is it?
1

Who
Yes?
 
User avatar
Joined: March 22, 2013
Location: Third Base
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3396  (isolation #12)  » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:58 pm

In post 3395, zoraster wrote:for the record, I still think Orange Static or Orange in Sharp Contrast are the best options.

The situation is kind of funny not because he asked for a title, there have been dozens of people who have done that and we usually don't do anything about that. It's that he asked for a title and it was so specific and weird: The Blue Blur. Which is kind of funny on its own, but funnier still when reversed and yet makes almost as much sense.

I'd argue that we shouldn't give a title because someone asked for one on principle. If he gets a title other than Townsperson/Mafia Scum/Goon, it will trigger a wave of copycats all hoping for their own title.
Who said that?
Chamber. It's all a conspiracy.
Or is it?
1

Who
Yes?
 
User avatar
Joined: March 22, 2013
Location: Third Base
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3431  (isolation #13)  » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:19 pm

Nominate Skullduggery for Psyche

Just because.
Who said that?
Chamber. It's all a conspiracy.
Or is it?
1

Who
Yes?
 
User avatar
Joined: March 22, 2013
Location: Third Base
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3448  (isolation #14)  » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:20 pm

In post 3432, tanstalas wrote:
In post 3354, Who wrote:He gets a title just because he asked for one? That's screwed up. I don't care if it's what he wants or not, he shouldn't get a title just because he asks for one.

Can I have a title?


Nom: Not the Doctor

I take back everything I said about not handing out titles to those who ask for them, this needs more Nths.
Who said that?
Chamber. It's all a conspiracy.
Or is it?
1

Who
Yes?
 
User avatar
Joined: March 22, 2013
Location: Third Base
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3500  (isolation #15)  » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:46 pm

Wouldn't Gets the Girl be much better for ns?

That was a much more notable event than his pride over suggesting a such good title for me.

About my titles, Yes? and Knows are my favorites. I see that Yes? got enough Nths, to which I say: Yes, I got a title!
Who said that?
Chamber. It's all a conspiracy.
Or is it?
1

Who
Yes?
 
User avatar
Joined: March 22, 2013
Location: Third Base
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3596  (isolation #16)  » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:30 pm

Butts, given how you can't count to 5, I shall help you:
In post 3490, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 3489, Feirei wrote:
In post 3488, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 3485, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 3461, notscience wrote:If who had a title it should be something like

Yes?

See... this is exactly what. He does this all the time.

Yup. Second


This is the only one I like.

3rd

My post could be considered a second, but just for good measure, nth Yes? for Who

In post 3491, GuyInFreezer wrote:^
nth

This got 5 Nths. :P
Last edited by Who on Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Who said that?
Chamber. It's all a conspiracy.
Or is it?
1

Who
Yes?
 
User avatar
Joined: March 22, 2013
Location: Third Base
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3598  (isolation #17)  » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:34 pm

In post 3597, Psyche wrote:be nice who :[

Ok so actually that did come off a bit meaner than I intended. Bah. I couldn't figure out a better way to say it.

@Below
That's actually perfect, thank you.
Last edited by Who on Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who said that?
Chamber. It's all a conspiracy.
Or is it?
1

Who
Yes?
 
User avatar
Joined: March 22, 2013
Location: Third Base
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3723  (isolation #18)  » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:46 pm

Nominate Pseudo_Nym for Egg
Because egg is better than hat, obviously.
Who said that?
Chamber. It's all a conspiracy.
Or is it?
1

Who
Yes?
 
User avatar
Joined: March 22, 2013
Location: Third Base
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3802  (isolation #19)  » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:33 am

In post 3801, ika wrote:
In post 3797, InflatablePie wrote:nominate Malakittens for Just a Phrase

In post 132, Julatorium wrote:
In post 79, Malakittens wrote:We are totally no lynching this day phrase. I'm totally just kidding. ;D

Anyways for real. No lynching does more harm than it does good. It gives information for town to use in the future.


Do you realize you have been auto-correcting the word phase for a year and a half? Search your posts site-wide for "day phrase"


was going to nominate her earlier, but we were in an ongoing game when I found this (and then searched her posts for "day phrase" and "phrase"), wanted to play it safe.

also if the title makes her stop auto-correcting it's a self-fulfilling prophecy

this title is probably terrible


4th

5th
Who said that?
Chamber. It's all a conspiracy.
Or is it?
1

Who
Yes?
 
User avatar
Joined: March 22, 2013
Location: Third Base
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3897  (isolation #20)  » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:50 pm

Nth House of Lies
Who said that?
Chamber. It's all a conspiracy.
Or is it?
1


[ + ]

Return to Player Titles