Title Fairy: Killer App Edition (Swipe Right!)

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
 
User avatar
Joined: August 28, 2008
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2850  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:23 pm

now that we have a horoscope thread, can I revisit annadog for Pythia?
"And so we get sent to therapists, and these therapists are good, really good. For example, mine said, ‘You’ve got so much to live for.’ And she didn’t even laugh."

—From Leather Jacket

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
 
User avatar
Joined: August 05, 2008
Location: Sarasota, FL

Post Post #2851  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:34 pm

In post 2828, Aristophanes wrote:Nominate Pine for En-Titled

Second
Ghosting because this website is apparently okay with pedophile and pedophile apologists.

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Location: Anywhere there is water
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2852  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:53 pm

Nominate drealmerz7 for "Perfect Utopia"
His playstyle usually includes telling others his way of playing
MiniDeathStar: Gamma Emerald: "HOLY SHIT THIS IS THE SCUM CAN'T YOU GUYS SEE IT"
Earthbound Mafia is currently full for pre-/ins, 5/5 spots filled!
Intensity levels: Newbie - 1.0/2.2(IC), Open Mini - 0.8, Micro - 0.5, Mini Normal - 1.0, Large Normal - 2.0, Mini Theme - 1.2, Large Theme - 2.5
Currently off site chat

Killthestory
Rap It Up
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2015
Location: sometimes I like to dip my finger in pudding

Post Post #2853  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:55 pm

do you know who accountant is
your brain is smartrr than you

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Location: Anywhere there is water
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2854  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:56 pm

His playstyle is much more unique tho
Go read one of his games
In fact you were in NY198 you played with him
MiniDeathStar: Gamma Emerald: "HOLY SHIT THIS IS THE SCUM CAN'T YOU GUYS SEE IT"
Earthbound Mafia is currently full for pre-/ins, 5/5 spots filled!
Intensity levels: Newbie - 1.0/2.2(IC), Open Mini - 0.8, Micro - 0.5, Mini Normal - 1.0, Large Normal - 2.0, Mini Theme - 1.2, Large Theme - 2.5
Currently off site chat

Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
 
User avatar
Joined: February 05, 2014
Location: Accountant City, Capital of the Utopia
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2855  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:01 pm

Nominate Accountant for Perfect Utopia

Sorry Dr. Earlmerz VII MD

Annadog40
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 02, 2015
Location: I love RadiantCowbells.
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2856  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:03 pm

In post 2855, Not_Mafia wrote:Nominate Accountant for Perfect Utopia

Sorry Dr. Earlmerz VII MD

Seconded
Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

Accountant
Self-Evident
 
User avatar
Joined: May 16, 2015
Location: Wonderland
Pronoun: They

Post Post #2857  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:06 pm

In post 2852, Gamma Emerald wrote:Nominate drealmerz7 for "Perfect Utopia"
His playstyle usually includes telling others his way of playing

funnily enough I once played with drealmerz and we TvT'd each other to death until he replaced out
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

Aah, you were at my side, all along. My true mentor... My guiding moonlight...

Errantparabola
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 13, 2015

Post Post #2858  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:16 pm

In post 1401, Oman wrote:I like "Certifiable" for Accountant

something like this. or certifiably perfect or something idk. let's talk about it.
we don't have official nths but we had KTS / Oman / zakk / McMenno / Firebringer on board (and me).
i thought it was a good title and it got buried by a bad frog joke nom
12p mini theme SOON. pre-ins? sure.
more info is also SOON.

Elbirn
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 16, 2014
Location: [GMT - 5]
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2859  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:17 pm

In post 2856, Annadog40 wrote:
In post 2855, Not_Mafia wrote:Nominate Accountant for Perfect Utopia

Sorry Dr. Earlmerz VII MD

Seconded


Oh boy a title I can approve

Well...I like the spirit and intent of it I think but is it the right words to express that intent?

I was about to say here that the title should be a bit more dystopian and orwellian, but then that might be vaguely disrespectful to accountant who truly believes his ideas are utopian.

There's a line to toe here between good hearted fun and noting an aspect of this person, and being a meaniehead. Someone smarter than me go find it.



No no I'm over thinking it, Nth Perfect Utopia
"I hope you all feel really stupid for jumping on an unendorsed wagon because animu mike mcgee decided to drunkpost like it was a town thing to do."


Wiki Page | Last.FM | Myanimelist

Elbirn
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 16, 2014
Location: [GMT - 5]
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2860  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:18 pm

In post 2858, Errantparabola wrote:
In post 1401, Oman wrote:I like "Certifiable" for Accountant

something like this. or certifiably perfect or something idk. let's talk about it.
we don't have official nths but we had KTS / Oman / zakk / McMenno / Firebringer on board (and me).
i thought it was a good title and it got buried by a bad frog joke nom


But what's the bit here, the joke? Certifiable, like certifiably insane? That's a little mean and I want a nicer title
"I hope you all feel really stupid for jumping on an unendorsed wagon because animu mike mcgee decided to drunkpost like it was a town thing to do."


Wiki Page | Last.FM | Myanimelist

Errantparabola
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 13, 2015

Post Post #2861  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:21 pm

1) the joke was cpa
2) do titles have to be jokes? since when did all titles have to be jokes?
12p mini theme SOON. pre-ins? sure.
more info is also SOON.

KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: December 10, 2015
Location: King Kuroi
Pronoun: It

Post Post #2862  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:22 pm

Nominate Errantparabola's title to be "Does Not Like Jokes".
Last edited by KuroiXHF on Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"and now i am TURNED ON AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!" - KainTepes

I'm regularly V/LA on the weekends. If this is the weekend and I've not said otherwise, please assume I'm on V/LA.

Errantparabola
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 13, 2015

Post Post #2863  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:27 pm

here's a title suggestion. it probably sucks idk. i think i reached too much on this one.
nom accountant for "more weight"

One of accountant's significant traits is that they refuse to buckle despite many, many people believing that they are wrong. everyone tries to condemn/disagree but accountant does not shy away from conversing on their beliefs. I liked the image of a bunch of other scummers trying to buckle and change their beliefs but they just say "more weight." you know. kind of like the salem witch trials, giles corey, more weight, you know.

accountant likes madoka magica too, if you want to make witchcraft part of it, interpret it however you want.
and you know, thomas more wrote utopia. thomas more, more weight, you can make that part of it too in your interpretation. whatever floats your boat, if every title needs to have wordplay/double meaning in it.
12p mini theme SOON. pre-ins? sure.
more info is also SOON.

Elbirn
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 16, 2014
Location: [GMT - 5]
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2864  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:06 pm

In post 2861, Errantparabola wrote:1) the joke was cpa
2) do titles have to be jokes? since when did all titles have to be jokes?


What's cpa?

As for the Giles corey reference, I am happy that you made it and it sorta makes sense but at the same time the main meaning I get from that is more the defiant anger and such, and I don't feel that accountant expresses a ragey defiance. He's much more cool and passive I feel. He's definitely less Giles corey and more of a dystopian leader
"I hope you all feel really stupid for jumping on an unendorsed wagon because animu mike mcgee decided to drunkpost like it was a town thing to do."


Wiki Page | Last.FM | Myanimelist

Pine
In Your Head
 
User avatar
Joined: February 27, 2011
Location: Probably the scum PT.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2865  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:20 pm

Certified Public Accountant
Evil Pine avatar back by request.

Elbirn
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 16, 2014
Location: [GMT - 5]
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2866  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:56 pm

I am not a brilliant man.
"I hope you all feel really stupid for jumping on an unendorsed wagon because animu mike mcgee decided to drunkpost like it was a town thing to do."


Wiki Page | Last.FM | Myanimelist

Cheery Dog
Kayak
 
User avatar
Joined: July 01, 2012
Location: OMG BALL!
Pronoun: They

Post Post #2867  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:24 am

(mutiny)
Life is always what it seems.
If you want them dead, why aren't you voting?

keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 17, 2016
Location: Philippines
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2868  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:17 pm

Hiiii! :lol:

(Someone give me title...)
|| Mini Normal 1848 || The Hogwarts Mafia || Valentine's Day || The Divergent Series || Another Mafia ||

randomidget
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: February 08, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2869  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:14 pm

In post 2850, mykonian wrote:now that we have a horoscope thread, can I revisit annadog for Pythia?

2nd
i thought this was a really good title
"Lynch this with fire.
Lynch this with pyonium.
Lynch this with whatever the **** you can get your alien-hunting hands on!" - Alchemist21
"Tevinter is an all town masonry" - Titus

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
 
User avatar
Joined: August 05, 2008
Location: Sarasota, FL

Post Post #2870  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:38 pm

In post 2868, keyenpeydee wrote:Hiiii! :lol:

(Someone give me title...)

Nom keyenpeydee -> Watcher
Ghosting because this website is apparently okay with pedophile and pedophile apologists.

Accountant
Self-Evident
 
User avatar
Joined: May 16, 2015
Location: Wonderland
Pronoun: They

Post Post #2871  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:33 pm

3rd pythia
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

Aah, you were at my side, all along. My true mentor... My guiding moonlight...

Firebringer
Trail Blazer
 
User avatar
Joined: June 29, 2015
Location: woofbringer
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2872  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:57 pm

Nth Perfect Utopia for Accountant
What would growlithe do? Be nice so he gets a treat!
My style can best be described as tone reading combined with shit posting.
Be nice to your scum reads, you never know when you are wrong.

Creature
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2873  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:58 pm

Nth Perfect Utopia
Right now I'm a dying user.

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Location: Anywhere there is water
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2874  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:56 pm

The reason I feel it fits dreal better than accountant tbh is because of how dreal speaks of his homesite
MiniDeathStar: Gamma Emerald: "HOLY SHIT THIS IS THE SCUM CAN'T YOU GUYS SEE IT"
Earthbound Mafia is currently full for pre-/ins, 5/5 spots filled!
Intensity levels: Newbie - 1.0/2.2(IC), Open Mini - 0.8, Micro - 0.5, Mini Normal - 1.0, Large Normal - 2.0, Mini Theme - 1.2, Large Theme - 2.5
Currently off site chat

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Player Titles