Dance of the Title Fairy: A Froggy Fandango

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:56 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 472, xyzzy wrote:even if you weren't at Toronto Meet, Chickadee's knowledge and enthusiasm for laser tag was a thing she'd talked about extensively elsewhere
The obvious search gives 3 results, 2 of which are from the same thread, and I can't recall seeing it discussed in site chat, though that's certainly easier to miss. This does not at all seem "extensive".
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:57 am

Post by Annadog40 »

In post 470, DeathRowKitty wrote:hardly even seems related to Chickadee's MS presence.
I think her online presence is that she's real life her. Her avatar is her and she shares a bunch, a real life title reflects how she is on ms since she is real.
This is my life now

Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:03 am

Post by xyzzy »

In post 472, xyzzy wrote:
nth pew pew

even if you weren't at Toronto Meet, Chickadee's knowledge and enthusiasm for laser tag was a thing she'd talked about extensively elsewhere, so the "this is about one specific event" argument isn't even valid (note that I immediately responded in thread that she'd definitely be in for laser tag before she even saw the discussion about it—I saw the words "laser tag" and immediately knew that would be one of her top priorities because of how much it had been talked about).
I just checked and this was actually in the Toronto discord, not the thread, but here's a transcript:

Maruchan 08/29/2018
LASERTQG
Maruchan 08/29/2018
If anyone will lasertag eith me
Maruchan 08/29/2018
I haven't played in forever and I wanna
Nessie 08/29/2018
I'd go with u for lazer tag
zedzee 08/29/2018
@chickadee will laser tag

discord doesn't give precise transcripts, but that all happened within about a minute -- even before I committed to doing it myself, I was 100% sure Chickadee would do it from the moment laser tag was even brought up. "Chickadee really, really loves laser tag" was a known thing even before the meet.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:17 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Reiterating that one person (you) associated Chickadee with laser tag doesn't further the idea that it's something she's known for on MS. It means that it's something you knew about her.

Anyway, if others would like to chime in and correct the record for me, we can come back to this (preferably with something more clever than "pew pew"), but for now this is just a hard no.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:42 am

Post by Maruchan »

In post 467, Maruchan wrote:reasons I think this is good title:

1. Laser Tag is a Big Deal to chickadee, so I think relating her internet life to her real life life will be something she appreciates, in that it incorporates an aspect of her personal identity that for many years held extremely high value to her.
2. She literally knows more about laser tag than anyone else I have ever met in my life, and not just at this place, or on this one event or etc. There are apparently 4 majorly-used operating systems for the laser tag equipment most laser tag places use, and she is quite familiar with all of them, and the differences between them. Her favorite OS she is beyond knowledgeable about, to the point she was teaching the Canadians who owned the shop about their own setup.
3. With the sole exception of myself (and even then only in about half of the games), she was the top player, and in most games scored in the realm of TWICE the next highest player's score (bar myself for the games where i was rivaling/exceeding her slightly). (I only rivaled her even because I was nearly as enthusiastic about laser tag in high school, but with less focus on the learning about the game/hardware/software and more focus on just the playing)
4. Outside of the overall specificity of the title, I think there is a more specific game (the first game we played) that had a notable event to myself that I will always think of when seeing this title. We literally tied to the SINGLE point in our first game of laser tag, while on opposite teams, while the next highest player on either team was multiple thousands of points behind either of us. We both score 14,109 points each in our first game. That was so hilariously random that I don't think I'll ever forget it.
5. A rather large portion of the speakeasy is familiar with the Toronto meet thread/discord and could see Chickadee's passion for laser tag from when it was first mentioned until it happened. we drove 40 minutes away from our lodging to go to the best place vice 5 minutes to the closest, purely off of chickadee's level of familiarity with the systems used.
6. It's cute and fun and short and can be explained as simply "She's a goddess at laser tag", which is concise and doesn't take a long explanation.
7. Pew Pew!
8. Her MS Username is based off of laser tag.
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:47 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

^Is that true?
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:48 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Judging by Chickadee's GTKAS answer (which I'm guessing is where Maruchan got that information), I would say that it's really not true.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:55 am

Post by Maruchan »

In post 481, DeathRowKitty wrote:Judging by Chickadee's GTKAS answer (which I'm guessing is where Maruchan got that information), I would say that it's really not true.
In post 2, Chickadee wrote:
Why did you choose your current username?

I played a lot of laser tag back in the day (when I lived close to a playable operating system) and this was the handle I chose for myself. My 500+ games were all under this handle. It came from my high school biology teacher. She used to call her students her chickadee’s.
Her lasertag handle was based off of her High School Biology teacher's Student Nickname.
Her MS username was based off of her lasertag handle.

Which is more meaningful to me:
Something I spent over 300 games playing (at twenty minutes a game, that's 6000 minutes or 100 hours) to get my name written on a wall, continued playing for likely tens if not hundreds of more hours after getting my name on a wall, and probably hundreds of dollars for said hours of playtime, to the point where i wasn't allowed to play with non-pro's like myself

something someone called me once or twice an hour for an hour a day for 5 days a week for 20 weeks that i then offhandedly used while registering for a game of lasertag before i fell in love with lasertag

obv door #2
Last edited by Maruchan on Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Join Now!

Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:59 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 467, Maruchan wrote: 3. With the sole exception of myself (and even then only in about half of the games), she was the top player
Excuse you I was top player in our first 3v3 Deathmatch :P
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:01 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 470, DeathRowKitty wrote:The current nom seems to be very much the kind of thing where you really had to have been there.
>More than half of user titles

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:04 am

Post by Majiffy »

Also I don't really see why people are hard-no'ing something the user in question wants and over 5 other users have already nth'ed.

It's a nice title, the user likes it. Stop being such a hardass.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:05 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 0, DeathRowKitty wrote:
How do people get these titles?

Overall, it's quite simple:
  • Someone nominates a user for a title
  • A bunch of users agree that it's a good title, usually by posting
    2nd
    or
    3rd
    or
    8999th
    or
    nth

• I agree that it's a good title
  • The user says that they want the title
  • The user gets the title
Every requirement here has been met except you rather arbitrarily denying it, DRK.

||
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:07 am

Post by Maruchan »

My username for the site was based off of the closest item to me when i was registering for the site.

I now willingly go by maru anytime I am around scummers, have changed my name from TheGavin on other websites to Maruchan, have multiple discord handles set to Maruchan, and have accepted that as a secondary "go to" option for internet username (behind the name mrcheeste0 I have used since 3rd grade)

Obviously, my discord handle is Maruchan based off of the fact that I ate maruchan noodles and left the packaging on my desk back in July 2011. Duh.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:09 am

Post by Maruchan »

itsok jiffy.

we can drop it for now.

We'll re-nom her next year after we host an entire meet in a state none of us live in purely off of her and my enjoyment of laser tag as the sole focus.
Show
Join Now!

vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:10 am

Post by vonflare »

majerfy has a point imo
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:12 am

Post by Invisibility »

i didnt even know about this laser tag thing i think it fits chickadee
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:13 am

Post by Invisibility »

NITH
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:28 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 487, Maruchan wrote:My username for the site was based off of the closest item to me when i was registering for the site.

I now willingly go by maru anytime I am around scummers, have changed my name from TheGavin on other websites to Maruchan, have multiple discord handles set to Maruchan, and have accepted that as a secondary "go to" option for internet username (behind the name mrcheeste0 I have used since 3rd grade)

Obviously, my discord handle is Maruchan based off of the fact that I ate maruchan noodles and left the packaging on my desk back in July 2011. Duh.
Is your point here that your discord title should be "Mafia"...? I think that's a terrible discord title for you, but I don't think discord has titles at all and if they do I have no power over them, so you're really barking up the wrong tree here, sorry.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:33 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 492, DeathRowKitty wrote:
In post 487, Maruchan wrote:My username for the site was based off of the closest item to me when i was registering for the site.

Is your point here that your discord title should be "Mafia"...? I think that's a terrible discord title for you, but I don't think discord has titles at all and if they do I have no power over them, so you're really barking up the wrong tree here, sorry.
what>
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:33 am

Post by vonflare »

what does this post even mean
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:36 am

Post by MTD »

In post 475, DeathRowKitty wrote:
In post 472, xyzzy wrote:even if you weren't at Toronto Meet, Chickadee's knowledge and enthusiasm for laser tag was a thing she'd talked about extensively elsewhere
The obvious search gives 3 results, 2 of which are from the same thread, and I can't recall seeing it discussed in site chat, though that's certainly easier to miss. This does not at all seem "extensive".
I did not know of it.
still the same old MTD
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:44 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 496, vonflare wrote:what does this post even mean
It was my way of pointing out that she doesn't make sense while matching her passive-aggressiveness a little. It's strange how worked-up people are getting over this nomination.
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:45 am

Post by MTD »

Meet hype, it'll pass
still the same old MTD
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:48 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 496, DeathRowKitty wrote:
In post 496, vonflare wrote:what does this post even mean
It was my way of pointing out that she doesn't make sense while matching her passive-aggressiveness a little. It's strange how worked-up people are getting over this nomination.
Maybe if you knew Chickadee you'd know how very passionate she is about laser tag and
why it's such a fitting fucking ttile

Which is why
a whole bunch of people are voting for it.

But hey what's the fucking point of even having a vote if you're going to be a goddamn shitbag that arbitrarily vetoes it anyway?

Fuck you

||
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:53 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Alright, you can have a 3 day ban from titles.

Return to “Player Titles”