April Title Event: Entitlement

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 8:28 pm

Post by mastina »

Alright, deadline for votes has passed.

I do have a "votecount" of sorts, but I need to check its accuracy because I haven't been checking it thoroughly.
Pretty sure people haven't casted more than their allotted seven votes on my recorded VC, but need to check that; pretty sure nobody voted from more than one account, but need to double-check that; most
definitely
need to check to make sure there weren't cross-votes recorded.

Since I'm tired, I don't trust myself to accurately do that tonight, but I'll do it at first available opportunity tomorrow.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2019 8:54 am

Post by mastina »

By my records, this is what I have, which I
believe
to be correct:
Enter - for the homies (13 - Iconeum, Fumuki, Alisae, the worst, KittyMo, Ankamius, xyzzy, Irrelephant11, GuyInFreezer, BulletNLynchproof, Jingle, Dannflor, TemporalLich)
Dr Worm - NOT A REAL DOCTOR (11 - Fumuki, Alisae, Ankamius, xyzzy, Irrelephant11, GuyInFreezer, BulletNLynchproof, Jingle, Dannflor, Nancy Drew 39, TemporalLich)
GuyInFreezer - Magical Girl (7 - Alisae, Ankamius, Aristophanes, Cheery Dog, vonflare, Fumuki, TemporalLich)
BulletNLynchproof - Micro Madness (6 - Aristophanes, Jingle, the worst, ceejayvinoya, Fumuki, TemporalLich)
Aristophanes - Paid the rent (6 - Iconeum, KittyMo, xyzzy, animorpherv1, PenguinPower, Maruchan)
Jingle - Kill Jester (4 - Alisae, Ankamius, GuyInFreezer, ceejayvinoya)
Annadog40 - Waiting in the Sky (4 - Iconeum, xyzzy, ceejayvinoya, vonflare)
Errantparabola - Jacket of All Trades (4 - Alisae, xyzzy, Jingle, vonflare)
Taly - The Anti-Chill (4 - Ankamius, Aristophanes, Dannflor, Nancy Drew 39)
Elsa Jay - Chaos and Confusion (4 - Irrelephant11, Jingle, Nancy Drew 39, TemporalLich)
Iconeum - Spyconeum (3 - Alisae, Ankamius, Irrelephant11)
ceejayvinoya - Loose Cannon (3 - Fumuki, Aristophanes, the worst)
KittyMo - subtle pinkest (2 - xyzzy, Fumuki)
brassherald - ,Esq. (2 - xyzzy, Irrelephant11)
Creature - Posting Frenzy (2 - Aristophanes, ceejayvinoya)
Nancy Drew 39 - jestery goodness (2 - ceejayvinoya, TemporalLich)
TTTT - "hey guys!" (2 - Iconeum, TemporalLich)
Liger_Zero - Grandmaster League (1 - Iconeum)
Raskolnikov - disclaimer: unqualified (1 - Aristophanes)
Prince of Renais - Restoration King (1 - GuyInFreezer)
Maruchan - Noodles (1 - Cheery Dog)
BuJaber - Busses Jesters (1 - ceejayvinoya)
Irrelephant11 - In the room (1 - Jingle)

Aristophanes's vote for KittyMo could not be counted, because KittyMo voted for Aristophanes.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2019 9:17 am

Post by mastina »

Assuming the title holders are okay with their titles staying...
Approved Event Titles
:

Enter
- for the homies
Aside from the
overwhelming
support for the title, it's also a title which quite frankly would likely pass in the normal title thread.

Dr Worm
- NOT A REAL DOCTOR
Has overwhelming support, and this sort of title for this sort of gimmicky alt isn't altogether unheard of as far as titles go.

GuyInFreezer
- Magical Girl
While I recognize there was some voiced doubts about it, the title has strong support for it,
and
, I personally find it is a title appropriate for a part of GIF's personality.

BulletNLynchproof
- Micro Madness
Not only does it have the necessary support, this is also a title I could see passing in the normal thread.

Aristophanes
- Paid the rent
In general, my bar for those who already have titles was a bit lower, on the grounds of if they legitimately like the new title better than their old title, then they can have it.
I don't know the original full story behind the title, but the updated story was fairly humorous as well.

Annadog40
- Waiting in the Sky
If
Annadog prefers this title over their old one, sure, they can have it. The reference is there and it's a decent title.

Errantparabola
- Jacket of All Trades
IF Errant prefers this title over the old one, then yes, it can stay. It's a
hilarious
pun off of a reference that is reasonably easy to get.

Elsa Jay
- Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay might not have gotten
five
votes, but got
close
. Furthermore, it is a title that I as a title fairy find
perfectly
suited to Elsa Jay. If put through the normal title process, I'd have approved it instantly, because the title is a
perfect
fit to Elsa's playstyle in games.

Not Approved
:

Jingle
- Kill Jester
Jingle's title didn't get five votes, yet in spite of being close, it's just...not a title that I get. If during the event, someone had explained it to me, then maybe I would've approved it, but nobody did to my knowledge and I simply don't get it. It doesn't seem to fit him in any way, as far as I can tell.

Taly
- The Anti-Chill
Another title that I don't really understand. I kinda suspected it came from a certain discord channel, but if so, it must've originated during a time that I did not read the messages because I certainly don't recall seeing context behind the title. If it's a joke, I don't know the context of it; if it's meant to be a serious representation of him, I don't see how he's anti-chill? My experience with him has been he's incredibly chill, so again, I just don't get where the title comes from.

Every other title not listed

Regardless of how good the titles might've been, they just didn't get the necessary support.

If you feel like a title that didn't get approved should've been approved...well then, feel free to nominate it in the main thread!

NEXT TITLE EVENT: Title Troll -
starting July 1st
!

(expired on 2019-07-01 16:17:04)

Return to “Player Titles”