[SETUP] No Limits Mafia

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Pronoun: They

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:21 pm

Post by Korina »

See, my question on this is what's stopping town (or mafia) from saying "Let's lynch everyone who we feel is scummy till we get to 4 people, end the day and hope that we killed all the mafia or if not, we have at least one mafia left so we can go into a 3p lylo"?
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:30 pm

Post by Korina »

And also, something I was thinking of was:
What's preventing a circular reasoning lynch where everyone posts reads, the player with the weakest reads gets hung, then everyone theorizes what they were, and reformulate reads, and keep going until 4 players are left?

For example:
Everyone posts reads, and mith has the weakest reads compared to everyone else, and is most likely to be scum.
We hang him.
We all theorize what mith could've been, and formulate reads based on what we think he was, (scum), and then whoever has the weakest reads next, (lets say myself), gets hung.
So we hang me.
And this keeps repeating until 4 players are left?
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #10 (isolation #2) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:04 pm

Post by Korina »

Part of my problem with that is that, it’s not really fun.
All it’ll boil down to is random/semi-random lynching at the end of the day, which, that’s not really fun.

It’s like rolling dice over and over; sure you’ll eventually get lucky and get something good, but its not really fun.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #11 (isolation #3) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:09 pm

Post by Korina »

My major problem with this is that there will be a point where lynching will just devolve into random lynching, and that’s not very fun.

Eventually scum will start acting really townie or all scum will be hung and the hanging will keep going on, based on the assumption there’s at least one scum still alive.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #12 (isolation #4) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:12 pm

Post by Korina »

I’m also assuming that hanging would continue since town has no way of knowing how many scum are left until day ends.
Which means that if the strategy is to go down to 2 people, the game will always have some random lynching point.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #14 (isolation #5) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:57 pm

Post by Korina »

Yea, if there was a way to prevent this sorta "we just hang everyone" idea, it may have been an actually cool idea.

My only problem is that the "let's just cirlcle-hang" strategy
is
the best idea.
If that wasn't a problem, I'd actually be willing to run / play it.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B