[Challenge] Team Mafia 2020

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #58 (isolation #0) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:15 am

Post by callforjudgement »

Ebb and Flow
  • 4 Mafia Goons
  • 11 Vanilla Townies
  • Normal day/night, lynch, etc. mechanics, except that scum nightkills are compulsive (town may no-lynch if they wish)
  • If town lynches scum on an
    odd-numbered
    day, scum must sacrifice one of their own the following night (although they still get a nightkill, in addition to the sacrifice)
  • Lynching scum on an even-numbered day does not have anything special about it

Inspired by White Flag, Red Flag and Desperation Day: days 1, 3, and 5 are all important (but lynching scum is still beneficial on days 2, 4, and 6).

Assuming I haven't messed my calculations up, EV is 38.98% to town, which seems about right for this mechanic.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #66 (isolation #1) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:57 pm

In post 62, popsofctown wrote:
In post 61, Something_Smart wrote:What happens if scum use friendly neighbor?
I assumed cfj's handling for it in his theme was an "industrywide standard" but on second though I don't have a basis for that.
The effect is that the friendly neighbor action is converted to a Visitor action.
That was totally Theme mechanics that I made up because it worked well with my own mechanics, it's not something that's standard at all. That said, maybe it
should
be standard; a Visitor action looks identical to a Friendly Neighbour action to everyone but the recipient, so it gives scum who are known to have a Friendly Neighbour role some small chance of surviving it (because at least you have someone to counterclaim).
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #134 (isolation #2) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:56 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if Mafia Exam had a 100% breaking strategy, perhaps one that's possible even if half the players don't stick to it.

The basic idea is to change your vote a huge number of times (probably in the tens of thousands range) until every possible scumteam gives you a different percentage. Then if you survive the night, you'll know the whole scumteam.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #148 (isolation #3) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:24 am

I don't think massclaim is dangerous here (although you might want to delay it until day 2). The idea is to not rely on the roles at all and just use the town power roles as though they were named townies; that gives you a huge advantage because they're either counterclaimed (giving you a 1v1), or not counterclaimed (giving you an Innocent Child).
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #151 (isolation #4) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:52 pm

In post 149, popsofctown wrote:I think You Shall Not Act looks like it has a claiming strategy but is only slightly townsided or maybe even o.k. after executing it.
I think 5 differently named townies + 5 VT versus 3 scum is townsided. (With 4 differently named townies, it would be closer.)
scum
town

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”